• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 692 Views, 17 Comments

Ambassador - THOSEideas



Finding your true self is as hard as it sounds. Finding your purpose is even harder to figure out, but once you do, you are the creater of your own path

  • ...
3
 17
 692

Chapter 9

The dragons stayed in Canterlot for the rest of the day and the next day too. During that time the Ponies that had made their escape returned and some had the courage to go and meet the dragons that had scared them off. Princess Celestia and Luna held a court for the majority of Canterlot to attend so they can proclaim globally that the dragons were going to have equal rights in Equestria. This was met with mixed results, some ponies hated the idea and others accepted it as it was. This new union of two species created infinite possibilities for the future of Equestria. The ponies would finally learn the true nature of the dragons and vice versa, also dragons were given the opportunity to live in villages and cities around Equestria. The dragons gracefully declined the offer because they needed space to store their hordes, also the way that dragons live makes them moving in with ponies very awkward. Although Celestia came up with a great idea that the younger dragons who were not as large and territorial could live in the pony cities to learn about the ponies. Then after a year or two they would go back home to create a family. Things were looking up for the two clashing species, however there was always going to be loose ends that needed to be met eventually. Mockin was looking forward to going back with the dragons to their clearing. He was officially announced as the ambassador for the dragons and ponies of Equestria, so his job was to keep peace and security between the two species. Just like Candy Plum's job was to keep peace and security between ponies and griffons. All in all, the "attack" went much better then expected in everybodies eyes. Only, not everyPONY saw it as a good thing. Someponies who hated the idea of living with dragons in harmony took action against it. The four hundred or so ponies who hated the idea all met outside of Canterlot to form a plan to kill all the dragons and any pony who stood by the dragons. War was coming to Equestria for the first time in a millennium. However, the rest of the world remained oblivious to the ponies plan. So, life carried on normally (ish) and the Ambassadors traveled back to the mountains to live and coerce with the dragons. The trio were given a very small cave near the entrance to the clearing for them to live in; and when I say very small I mean house sized. The trio built a fire place near the middle of the cave and layed out places for them to sleep. The dragons didn't have beds, they just had moss for the elderly and young to sleep on. The middle aged dragons just breathed on the ground where they were going to sleep to warm it up and layed down.

"This place feels really empty...and not like home."

"I agree, we need to get at least one dragon to live with us if only to make this place feel more...full."

"What about Jewel?"

"I guess that could work, but I don't know if that would offend her or not."

"Razor would have to come as well, wouldn't be right without him."

"Well duh! Hey Crash! What do you think?"

"Don't care."

"Alright well then i'll go look around for Jewel or Razor, why don't you guys make yourselves known to the dragons here?"

With that Mockin walked out into the dry and cool clearing, he looked around to see if he could find either Jewel or Razor but he couldn't see them. So he decided to just ask around. Mockin walked up to a two dragons outside of a cave mouth, one was sitting on the back of the other as it slept in the sun. Mockin decided to talk to the dragon who was awake, not wanting to wake up the sleeping dragon.

"Hello! I'm sorry but I don't believe we've met. I'm Mockin."

"Hmm. Funny I've heard that there were ponies living among us but I didn't really believe it."

"I told you I wasn't lying!"

The dragon who was in the sun suddenly burst out as if he was settling a long argument. The one on top made a sound like a wheezing cough and bounced on the other dragon.

"Hush! Sorry about my husband, he's very rude, my name is Ruby...original I know but I likeeEEEKKK!!"

Suddenly the male dragon arched his back and bucked his wife off his back, causing her to fall backwards into the cave mouth. The male dragon just laughed and snickered at his wife's embarrassment. Mockin just quietly smiled at the pair, they obviously knew just how to push each others buttons.

"Heh heh, my name is Chunk but everyone calls me Frost, me and Rub...AAAAW Fir! You woke up the little ones!"

Frost sounded half joking and half concerned with the situation that he had put himself in. Then he heard Ruby's voice from inside.

"I'll attend to that nice pony while you deal with the mess you started."

"Yes Fir..."

"Now, Mockin was it? Do you want to come in? We have some fox cooking if you want any."

Mockin almost puked at the idea of eating another animal, he just wanted to know where Jewel and Razor were.

"N-No that's ok, although maybe you can help me-"

"AAH, where are my manners? Come in before you freeze standing up. No excuses!"

Mockin laughed quietly to himself as he was mothered by a 15 foot dragon as if he was part of her brood. As Mockin walked in he could feel the temperature change dramatically and he instantly felt his muscles soften and relax, he felt as if he was in a nursery. In fact, he was. He saw four tiny dragons who couldn't have been older then three crawling and jumping on Frost as he laughed at his fate. It was heart warming to say the least. But what surprised him the most was when one of the baby dragons walked up to him (he was the same height as Mockin already) and jumped onto his back while wrapping his tail around Mockin's belly. Mockin panicked and started to jump around trying to shake off his attacker while trying to not hurt it. It seemed to enjoy itself too much because it then let go of Mockins back with all legs and grabbed hold of it's mother. This made it stretch out and look like a monkey stuck between the decision of two branches. The other baby dragons seeing Mockin for the first time all got off Frost immediately and jumped on Mockin, almost smothering him. Mockin started to laugh as the baby dragons tried to claw him and bite him playfully but couldn't because they didn't have them yet.

"Ha, it seems you will be staying here longer than you thought."

"It seems he will, if he doesn't want to disappoint the little ones."

The dragons on top of Mockin crawled away from his face and focused on his back and stomach, giving him time to speak.

"It seems I will..."

Mockin was happy though, he has a chance to learn more about families for dragons and how they work. Now was the best chance he had to ask questions that he wanted answered.

"Do you guys know where Jewel and Razor went? I was looking for them when I found you guys."

"Hmm the last I saw of them was when they went out hunting...I doubt that they will be back until sun-down."

"Ok...Can you tell me about how you guys organize who lives with who? I need to know."

"Certainly! Obviously young dragons live with their parents and don't move away until they find a mate."

"Wait. You could be very old and still live with your parents because you didn't find a mate?"

"Well yes, it's not uncommon and there is nothing wrong with that, it is your decision to start a family."

"I kinda get that I guess. What about friends wanting to live away from their parents but don't have a mate?"

"That's never happened before so I don't know."

"Do you know if Razor and Jewel have a cave of their own? I only ask because I was going to ask them to share the our cave. Its kinda empty with only three small ponies."

"As far as I know they hadn't moved out of Granite's cave because they didn't want to, but they might reconsider if you asked them that."

"Why are they living in Granite's cave?"

"Granite is Razor's sire, or father."

"Oh, duh."

The little dragons had grown tired of Mockin and turned towards Ruby with devilish grins. Ruby saw them and feigned being scared. The little dragons all jumped happily at thier evident ferocity, which completely ruined their previous action. Mockin, sensing that this was a good time to make his escape, said his good-byes and left the cave happier than before. As Mockin walked out of the cave he saw Granite in the middle of the clearing talking to the teenage dragons. Mockin slowly walked up to the group so that he didn't disturb the dragons. As he got closer he started to pick up what Granite was saying.

"...However, you need to remember that pegasi cannot fly as high as you can or as fast, that said exploiting that weakness can be dangerous in a fight. So make sure that if you are fighting the Pegasus or working with it you take care to not kill. Now earth ponies are special, it would be better if we had...Ah! Mockin! Good to see you!"

All the teenage dragons looked at Mockin with interest as Mockin walked all the way up to Granite and sat by him. He also noticed that one teenage dragon in particular ignored him and avoided eye contact.

"How would you like to be part of this next demonstration?"

"Huh? Oh, well that depends on what I would be doing."

"I will be telling the dragons about the weaknesses and strengths of a pony so that we can work together better or...fight with an advantage but that's not the point of this meeting."

"Well I guess I could, but you don't know all of them I'm sure so I'll tell you the ones miss."

"Great! Then I will do the same about dragons. Well first of all and most obviously is that you have no armor or skin that could protect you from cutting, slashing, crushing, bruising or anything that could harm you."

"Um well if you put it that way..."

"Next is with earth ponies you don't have any means of defending yourself besides your immense strength which is one of your...um strengths."

"Correct."

"Am I missing anything?"

"Yeah, quite an important one as well. Its our fight or flight reflex. When we get surprised or cornered our body shoots adrenaline into our blood stream making everything we do much easier and fluid. Also the adrenaline helps with pain relief, but if it's not enough then our brain can shut down our nerves in places that are hurting so that we can concentrate on something more important."

All the dragons, including Granite, were staring at Mockin as if he was crazy or lying.

"What? Is this news? I thought it would have been dumb to mention it because everyone has it. Right?"

"...No! That's crazy! How does that work, I mean you just explained it but how is it possible?"


"I don't know, I only know that it's their and isn't any form of magic."

"Well that makes ponies even more special. I wonder what else we ca-"

"GRANITE!! We have about three hundred ponies coming, and they don't look like they want to talk!"

Jewel burst through the clearing entrance and flew directly towards the center of the clearing so all dragons could hear.

"What! How is that possible! They wouldn't have enough time to get here in just one day!"

"It looked like they had a lot of unicorns with them, so they could have teleported here, which also gives us the disadvantage of not having magic."

"Well we could start by bottle-necking them at the entrance."

"That's a good idea Mockin, lets do that, however we wont engage first in case they only do want to talk. Which I highly doubt."

Faster than Mockin could believe, all the dragons old enough or fit enough to defend themselves went out into the entrance and blocked it from ground to sky with their massive bodies. It was a truly amazing sight to both sides of the entrance. However the ponies had a solution to the problem by teleporting block sized (city block) nets above the dragons and trapping them. Once most of the dragons were occupied with the nets the other ponies ran in with various weapons and started to stab and slash at the dragons, hitting them in the stomach and chest where they are weakest. The dragons retaliated by breathing fire on the ponies but they had prepared for this as well. The unicorns had cast a fire proofing spell on all the ponies beforehand. Some Dragons got out of the nets but were immediately subdued by enchanted iron shackles and muzzles. The remaining dragons grouped together at the cave mouths that were occupied by the babies and elderly. Mockin, Arrow, and Crash watched in horror as the dragons fought to defend their young and weak. Mockin felt something very hot boil in his stomach, he then felt all his muscles condense and stretch. He felt his eyes expand and focus while his mane and tail grow hard and stiff. He felt as if his back was being split open and cauterized and his hooves gave him a shearing pain as they split in four places. he felt the segments of his hooves grow softer and elongate while he felt his limbs grow longer and his bones grow lighter. He felt his blood burn and grow thick which made his snout grow longer and his teeth sharper with points. The pain in his back worsened as new muscles grew and two new limbs replaced where his shoulder blades should have stopped. All of this happened in about thirty seconds and those thirty seconds were the worst and best of Mockin's life. Then he felt everything stop and his brain flooded with a new thought process, he looked down at his new body, a dragons body. He could feel his powerful legs as he stood up on two feet and towered over his oblivious friends. He let out a jet of fire and sprinted on all fours towards the back of the ponies

"YOU WILL BURN!!"

Author's Note:

Again sorry about the delay, this chapter was pretty hard to write though.