• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 712 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 712

Overheard

Rainbow Dash and Star had finished up at Sugarcube corner and took off toward Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack would most likely be busy but was also one of the first ponies that Star had met. It helped that Star wanted to go for reasons that she refused to tell. Rainbow Dash was pretty sure of the reasons but decided not to push it; she didn’t need the filly disliking her. Soon enough they arrived at the farm ponies’ home and Rainbow sent Star off to go find Apple Core. That name still sounded odd to Rainbow Dash but she never asked about the name just to be polite. Once Star was out of sight, Rainbow made her way into the orchard to find AJ. All around her were trees that had been stripped of their fruit, signs of how hard Applejack worked. She continued through the orchard and found AJ, her little sister Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Caramel all bucking trees. ‘What a family.’ Rainbow thought as she began to walk toward Applejack. “Hey, AJ, can we talk!?” Rainbow yelled over to the hard working farm pony.

AJ, took off her hat, turned around with a smile on her face, sweat occupied her brow which she was in the process of wiping clean. She put her hat back on and met Rainbow half way. “What’s goin on Rainbow?” Applejack was unexpectedly caught in a hug from her good friend. “What’s with the hug?”

“Sorry AJ, I guess I’m just worried for you know who. If something goes wrong tomorrow, who knows what will happen. I don’t know if Star can take what will happen.” Rainbow let go of AJ with tears in her eyes. “I hate getting all sappy; this is exactly why I didn’t want to be the one to interview Star.” She wiped the tears from her eyes and did her best to smile.

AJ chuckled and put a hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder. She could tell that Rainbow cared for Star but knowing her, she wouldn’t admit it. Still, that wouldn’t keep Applejack from pushing a few buttons. “You love that little filly, you don’t want to see her hurt. Don’t worry Rainbow; your secret is safe with me that you care.” AJ chuckled even as Rainbow hit her in the leg and knocked her over. “I deserved that but seriously, you do care about her and you want things to go well for her.” AJ stood back up onto her feet and put a hoof around her friend. It wasn’t hard to tell that Rainbow was worried about Star but not just the filly, her mother as well. They both knew that if things didn’t go well with Twilight tomorrow, nothing would turn out well. Applejack had to admit, she was worried as well. Things had to go well, they just had to. “Hey Apple Bloom, go find and watch over Star for us will you?”

Apple Bloom turned to AJ and wiped sweat off her brow. “Sure thing sis!” She yelled back to AJ and walked off toward the house.

“Come on Rainbow Dash, let’s go talk for a bit, I think ya could use it.” AJ and Rainbow Dash walked away from the farm. Rainbow was uneasy as was AJ but she didn’t show it as much as her Rainbow did. Rainbow Dash let out an aggravated groan as a drop of rain hit her on the head. AJ noticed the groan and turned to her friend to see what the problem was when she felt a drop of rain on her back. “Now why in tarnation is there rain scheduled for today?”

“I forgot AJ, because of something that I haven’t been able to pay attention to, the pegasi have had to schedule one day for rain this week. I had intended to tell you, but with Star coming and all, I guess I just forgot.” Rainbow sat down on the grass that was getting wetter by the second. AJ followed Rainbow in sitting down and looked at the colorful pony worriedly. “I’m so distracted; sometimes I even wish that Star had never even come around.” The two ponies heard some sniffles behind them and turned to see Star with tears running down her cheeks. The filly ran off hurt and a bit insulted. “Crap, really!?” Rainbow, threw her hooves in the air, stood up and ran to catch up with Star. Once she reached the farm house, she walked in and saw Star at the table crying her eyes out. “Star?”

“Go away Rainbow Dash, I don’t want to see you, some element of loyalty but I guess that fans aren't included huh?!” Star yelled out.

“Come on kiddo, I didn’t mean-” Rainbow was cut off.

“How could that have meant anything different?” Star asked and then ran upstairs and into Apple Blooms room.

Rainbow Dash stood there in the kitchen wet, tired, and upset. The rain that came down pound against the house along with hail that followed rapidly. “I didn’t mean, it’s not what” She couldn’t finish a sentence and now she was even more upset than before. She hadn’t meant for Star to hear what was said. For the second time that day, Rainbow cried a little. “It looks like I’m going to be the one to mess things up.”

“Come on Rainbow, you” AJ wasn’t sure what to say but she knew what she wanted to say. She wanted to yell at her friend but that wouldn’t help either of them. Instead of trying to find the right words, AJ changed the subject. “Why don’t you go take a nap, I think you could use one.”

“No thanks AJ, I’m just too depressed now. Star hates me now and maybe she has every right too. Sometimes I wish that I could be more like Fluttershy and keep my stupid mouth shut.” There were a few moments of silence before she spoke again. “Why don’t you take Star tomorrow, I’m sure she won’t go with me.” Rainbow walked outside and into the storm ignoring the rain and hail. She didn’t know why it was hailing but she didn’t rightly care.

Applejack watched with saddened eyes as her friend walked out into the rain and hail. “Rainbow, don’t hurt yourself.” Just then she felt a small amount of pressure on her leg. AJ looked down to see her son hugging her and looking at her with sad and confused eyes. “Why don’tcha you go on upstairs and check in on Star?” Apple Core nodded and ran upstairs. Once Apple core vanished around the corner, Apple Bloom passed her nephew as she came down.

“Applejack, I’m so sorry. I told Star to stay with me but she ran off. She wanted to ask Rainbow Dash if she could go now to see Twilight. Before I” Apple Bloom stopped when her sister raised her hoof.

“Don’t blame yourself sis, I don’t and Rainbow doesn’t either.” Instead of saying anything, Apple Bloom turned around and went back up stairs. AJ turned back and looked out the window at the hail and rain, Rainbow Dash was gone. “Dang it girl, this isn’t how this was supposed to go.”