• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 712 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 712

Twilight's Problem

Star listened as best as she could to the conversation going on inside. Whatever was going on, it was about her and Star didn’t like it. “Twilight, I have squashed all of the rumors about you and the baby. I realize that you wish to keep the baby and I can’t say that I blame you and I don’t wish you to. There is something that you must realize and that is because of the circumstance, ponies don’t blame for the pregnancy but they will not be happy if you keep the child. There will be some backlash I’m sure.”

“Celestia, I understand that but I don’t think those in Ponyville will be so harsh as to criticize me or treat me badly because I care for the child.” Twilight breathed in deep and took a sip of her drink that she had with her. “Regardless, nopony will change my mind on keeping the little one. It may not have been my choice to become pregnant but it will not be anyponies choice to give her up but my own.” Twilight rubbed her little bump, smiled, and whispered something that Star was unable to hear.

“You are braver than I am Twilight, I would never be able to handle such a situation. For me to handle a child and an entire nation would be far too difficult. I wouldn’t dare to keep a child in your position. It is true that you take care of ponyville and not all of equestrian but that is still ponies that you are in charge of.” Celestia nodded and then walked toward the door. Just before she was able to exit, Twilight spoke up.

“With all due respect Celestia, you have never had a living being inside of you and so you don’t exactly have the right to say what you would and wouldn’t do.” With that said, Celestia took her leave. Twilight looked around and then called for Spike. “Would you watch after the library while I’m gone?” Twilight asked as Spike came down the running down the stairs.

Spike groaned but not out of irritation but out of worry. “Are you sure Twilight, do you really want to go out there. I know what ponies are saying and I don’t want you to get hurt. Even your friends aren’t too thrilled and they know that you wish to keep the baby.”

“Yes Spike, I know but my friends understand me and will love me no matter what. The other ponies out there will just have to deal with the news and besides, Celestia said that the talk around town has been diminished. Now if you don’t mind, I will be going.” Spike shrugged but couldn’t help but worry about Twilight leaving. She hadn’t been out for months because of the rumors, who knew what would happen.

Star kept out of sight, she didn’t want to be seen. Twilight left the library in good spirits and smiled seeing so many ponies. It was nice to see others and just be outside of the dusty library. She may love books but being inside for months would make anypony want out of their place. There would be nothing to get her down today or at least that’s what she thought. She stretched out a bit and made her way to Sugarcube Corner. She couldn’t wait to see the Cakes again. Once she arrived Star kept hidden outside while Twilight went inside. “Hello Mrs. Cake, it’s been a while.”

Mrs. Cake chuckled a little and smiled. “Yes it has but, you have been dealing with a little issue.” Mrs. Cake said insinuating the baby was the issue but it went over Twilight’s head.

“Sure the rumors were pretty bad but Celestia assured me that ponies have stopped. They all understand that the baby was not my fault.” Twilight held her hoof to her stomach and after feeling a sharp kick to it. “Hey, I think I’ve been beat up enough as it is, I don’t need my baby beating me up as well.” Twilight said to her baby bump.

“Yes well, the sooner it’s born the sooner we can go back to normal.” Twilight gave Mrs. Cake a confused looked. In no way was having a child normal but perhaps Pinkie hadn’t said anything to them yet. That must have been it, they thought that she would give up her baby. “You will be giving the baby up for adoption.”

“I don’t suppose that Pinkie told you, so I will. I’m keeping the baby Mrs. Cake.” Twilight said as a matter of fact but this time, she was given a confused look. “Is there something wrong?”

“First of all, Pinkie did tell us, we just couldn’t believe her and yes, of course there is a problem. The child wasn’t meant to be yours to begin with dear. We all understand that it wasn’t your choice but to keep the thing would be a huge mistake. Now with that said, what would you care for?” Mrs. Cake asked but she was received with an angry glare.

“What I do and don’t do with my baby is none of your concern. If you have a problem with the baby, then you have a problem with me. Good day Mrs. Cake.” Twilight walked out the door and slammed it shut. “Spike was right, I shouldn’t be out here.” Twilight continued on her way back to the library but failed to notice a little shadow following her.

As of lately, Trixie had been in and out of Ponyville since the Magic Duel fiasco. She had been getting better but she could still be cruel at times but with words, not magic. Unfortunately, this was one pony that Twilight didn’t want to run into. They had become decent friends but things were still strung thin between them. She was sure that the string that kept them together was about to break. “Hey Princess Twilight, when are you going to get rid of the ba-” Trixie didn’t get the chance to finish what she was saying.

“Finish that sentence Trixie and I swear I will rip your head off!” Twilight now stormed off toward the library. When she arrived, she walked in and lay down on the couch and began to cry.

Star sat in the bush and listened to her mother’s cries. Star had also begun to cry. She rubbed her eyes to wipe the tears away when there was a bright flash. When she opened her eyes she was further back in time.

She heard a voice that sounded just like Rarity’s and it was. “Twilight, are you sure that you don’t need us darling?”

Star looked into the air and saw Rainbow Dash hovering above Twilight and the others. “Yeah, we don’t want you getting hurt by that creep roaming around town. If you were to get raped because we weren’t here, we wouldn’t be able to forgive ourselves.” Rainbow Dash said with a voice full of worry and concern.