• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 711 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 711

Exhausted Pinkie

Pinkie Pie was busy working away, baking sweets of all kinds and all at the same time. She was completely covered from head to hoof in flour but didn’t pay any attention to it. She was far too busy to care; she had so many orders to fill. She had one birthday party to get ready, two cute-ceañera’s, and she had to get ready for Twilight’s birthday. She had started to sweat but kept a towel with her. She couldn’t allow herself to sweat all over the treats. Her mane and coat were drenched though and no matter how much she tried to dry herself off, the sweat kept coming. It did cause some problems when her mane would fall in front of her face forcing her to take a little time to move it out of the way. It was a little time that she just couldn’t afford to use and so she tied her mane into a pony tail and continued with her work. Smoke filled the kitchen, so Pinkie had to open up the windows just to see. From the outside, it looked like Sugarcube Corner was on fire.

Pinkie only wished that she still lived upstairs but getting married ruined that. She couldn’t live upstairs with her husband and her daughter. Still, she ran quite a bit of the sweet shop. Mr. and Mrs. Cake owned Sugarcube Corner but Pinkie had made some improvements, at least in her eyes anyway. The building had additions to it in order to make room for a bigger kitchen which Pinkie needed for baking more sweets at a time than normal. There were three ovens and a rather large island in the middle. It was big enough to fit a fridge on it and still leave room to fit ingredients. The kitchen was four times the size it used to be or more.

The timer buzzed letting Pinkie know that the cake was ready to come out. She grabbed her oven mitts and pulled out the item before putting another item inside and adjusted the temperature accordingly. Just then another timer buzzed and like before, she pulled out the finished sweets and replaced them. She scurried around some more as she got some more ingredients mixed together and then a small filly’s voice was heard. “The balloons are ready mom.” Pinkie turned around and smiled at the small filly. Her mane was pink and her coat was blue.

“Thank you Sweet Treat, you are free to leave.” Pinkie turned back around as another buzzer beeped. She rushed over to the oven and pulled out two trays of cupcakes and then put in two more trays and reset the timer. Out front, Pinkie heard the bell ring signaling that somepony had walked in. She rushed to the front desk while wiping her brow free of sweat. She was pleasantly surprised to see Rarity walk in with a small filly behind her. “Rarity, how are you?” Pinkie asked out of breath.

“Pinkie Pie, darling, you look absolutely terrible and exhausted.” Rarity said with a worried expression on her face. She had never seen the party pony so sweaty, she looked absolutely overworked. “Where is your husband dear?”

“He is as busy as I am at home helping me to fill orders. I can’t wait for today to be over with and I apologize but I must get back to work. What can I do for you?” Pinkie heard a pop and rushed to the back to see one of the balloons get popped. She grabbed onto the balloons that hadn’t popped and brought them back with her to the front. “Seriously Rarity, I don’t have a lot of time, what do you need?”

“I was hoping to introduce you to Star here, but it appears this wasn’t a good time.” Rarity looked behind Pinkie and saw a huge mess.

“I completely forgot about Star coming. Look, I’m sorry but I don’t have time for this and unless you’re willing to come into the back and help me, I can’t talk.” Pinkie rushed back to the kitchen in time for a cake to blow up and splatter her with the doughy mixture. She then broke down and cried as she hurried to make another cake mix when she felt a hoof on her shoulder. She turned her head around, tears in hey eyes and saw Rarity smiling at her. The only reason she wasn’t upset with Rarity for smiling was because it was such a sympathetic smile.

“How about I stay and help but first let me go and get some extra help.” Rarity and Star left and returned with Applejack fifteen minutes later. The three of them headed to the back to see Pinkie stressed out and running in all different directions. She was covered with so much flour that she looked like Rarity but with puffy hair and eyes to match. “Pinkie, I brought AJ with me and we’re here to help.”

Pinkie smiled and relaxed a little but still continued to run around. “Thank you so much, I can’t tell you how stressed out I am right now and I don’t stress Rarity, I don’t. I laugh and play as I work.”

Before Pinkie could continue working, Rarity cut in. “We can see that darling and that is why we want to help.” Pinkie told her two friends what she had to do as she moved to continue her work until Rarity stopped her. “We will handle the cakes and all but you need to stop and rest. At the rate you’re going, you will surely die of exhaustion and dehydration. You go and spend time with Star, AJ and I will make sure that everything gets done.” Pinkie tried to protest but the two mares refused to let her. “Go and rest for a bit, we won’t take no for an answer.

“She’s right; we can handle it, now go and get some water in you. You look as if you have been swimmin and speakin of which, go and do that. Put your hooves in the stream and relax. We got it here.” AJ pushed Pinkie out of the shop and ignored her protests. Once Pinkie was out, the sounds of locks could be heard clicking into place.

“I can’t believe they just locked me out.” Pinkie said frustrated and felt a hoof tapping her side. She turned and lowered her head in defeat. “I suppose I’m not getting back in there any time soon. Ok Star, lets go relax and let me cool off.” Pinkie shook her body and sent sweat flying off of her. Star managed not to get wet as the mare shook.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your work.” Star frowned and turned away but felt a gentle yet wet hoof on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Pinkie shaking her head with a smile.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s not your fault.” Pinkie led the way to the nearest river that ran through town. She sat down, put her hooves in the water and laid back. “So kiddo, how has your trip here been so far?” Pinkie could feel the cool water running past her hooves and it felt great. After running around for hours, it was good to sit and relax but it also let her feel her body begin to throb. It wasn’t a feeling that she was used to and she didn’t like it. Still, there wasn’t anything she could do about it.

“It’s been great so far and I can’t wait to meet my mom but I’m kind of nervous too. I’m a bit conflicted actually. I want to see her but I kind of don’t.” Star stopped talking and just thought for a bit before deciding to change the subject. “Still, I get the chance to meet the most awesome ponies in the world. You and the other elements are my heroes.” Star gave a big toothy grin when the voice of another filly was heard. Star turned to see a blue and pink pony.

“Mom, I thought you were busy, did you finish?” Sweet Treat asked.

“I was forced into taking a break and I needed it.” Pinkie turned to Star and smiled. “Sweet Treat, this is Star, Star, my daughter Sweet Treat.” Pinkie put her head on the grass and spread her forelegs out so that her whole body was lying parallel with the ground.

“Hi Star, my mom and her friends talked a lot about you coming to find your mother but until then, we can have fun. Hey, have you met Apple Core.” Star nodded and blushed. “Oh, I see, you like him.”

“I…I do not.” Star blushed even more and Sweet Treat noticed but decided not to push it. “So, you want to go and do something? I don’t exactly know my way around, so you’ll need to lead the way.” Sweet Treat looked to her mother who nodded happy to have some alone time to rest; the two ran off but not before being given a time to return.

Pinkie smiled and pushed herself a little further into the stream and put her front hooves on her chest. She looked up into the sky and saw all kinds of shapes in the clouds. She loved to do this when she relaxed and when she did, she always saw her loving husband Pokey Pierce and her sweet little daughter. She wanted more then anything to fall asleep right now but that dream almost shattered when a certain princess walked over to her. “Pinkie, I thought you were busy today.”

“Yes well, AJ and Rarity took over for me Twilight.” At that very moment, her eyes snapped shut and she fell asleep on the soft green grass with her two hind legs floating calmly in the water.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking longer than usual to update, I haven't had any time on the computer until today. With my family being here and everything, it makes doing things like this difficult especially when I have to help babysit. This means I have no idea when I'll be updating next.