• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 711 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 711

Adoption Unwanted

It had been just like any other day, the other children were playing, laughing and being taken to new homes but for Starry Night, it was depressing. She hated seeing ponies go home with complete strangers when they should be with their parents who should have wanted them. Of course some no longer had parents and were found alone or brought to the orphanage; but it still irked her. Star decided a long time ago that she wouldn’t stand for it and so she would sit in her room and read. She knew that one day she would be able to leave this terrible place and live on her own. “Starry Night, will you please come here?”

Starry Night was grey with a very light purple mane and tail. She hated it when her full name was used. Her sapphire eyes glared in the general direction of the ponies that used her full name though she couldn’t always see said ponies. She stood up and walked out of her room to meet her caretaker in the hall. “Fine and please call me Star; I like it better Miss Rain.”

“I will when you grow up and stop sabotaging these opportunities. Now go get ready, you have an appointment in ten minutes.” Miss Rain was the orphanage owner and she really was nice but Star made it difficult. Rain was a grey mare with a black mane and tail and her eyes were a light blue, sky blue to be exact.

Star huffed and walked back into her room. She hated it, she just wanted out of this place. “Ponies should not be forced to go home with strangers.” She growled as she messed up her mane. If she had to choose between her full name being used or going home with strangers, her name won hooves down. Yes it’s true that it is a bit ironic to want out of someplace and then when given the chance and not take it but she wasn’t going home with some stranger if she could help it.

She had been preparing for years to escape; all she needed was some more time. It didn’t help that one pony would rat her out given the chance. “I’m twelve years old, I can handle myself.” Star grabbed some paint and put it on her face. It was her war paint even if it was used for frightening off potential pony parents. She looked in the mirror and smiled when a certain pony orphan came up behind her. “What do you want Skylight?” Skylight was white with a yellow mane and tail; her eyes were yellow and always seemed to sparkle.

“I can’t believe you Starry, no matter though; it won’t be me who ends up in trouble with Miss Rain by the end of the day. This will be your worst punishment yet and I can’t wait to see it. You’re getting too old to be an orphan you know. I on the other hoof, it isn’t my fault I have yet to be adopted. I at least try to make my potential parents like me. You’re just a joke who will end up doing hard labor and living on the streets. You’re such a loser you know, you can’t even use magic. What kind of unicorn can’t use magic of some kind?” Skylight walked off laughing.

“I hate you so much.” Star whispered to Skylight as she left and to her luck, Miss Rain called her. “Here I go again.” Star sluggishly walked out of her room and made her way to the meeting room. She couldn’t wait for this to bomb; she wanted her parents, not some strangers. She slowly opened the door and walked in. “I’m here, can I go now?” Star said trying not to smile. This would just be another failed adoption attempt and she couldn’t be happier about it. She couldn’t care less what the punishment was as long as she didn’t have to go with the ponies.

“Starry Night, this is” Miss Rain was cut off.

“She will do, I’m sure that she is an absolute sweetheart. I’m sure it’s just due to nerves is all.” The yellow coat and red mane and tailed Stallion said and turned to Starry Night. “Hello Starry Night, my name Mr. Scotch.” The stallion said.

Star looked around at his Cutie Mark and saw some candy, Butterscotch to be exact. She knew he had to be a candy maker. “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Scotch but I don’t intend to leave the orphanage with anypony. Sorry you wasted your time.”

Miss Rain was about to explode when Mr. Scotch spoke up. “Nonsense, you’ll love it with me.” He turned to Miss Rain and smiled. “Now where do I sign?” The stallion asked getting his pen ready. Miss Rain handed him the adoption papers and showed him where to sign. She had to admit that she was feeling shocked and delighted about this.

“Starry Night, please go get your things, you will be leaving immediately.” ‘Finally, that little brat is out of my hair. Best day of my life.’ Miss Rain thought thoroughly exhausted with putting up with Star.

Star couldn’t believe it, she was getting adopted. She turned around and headed upstairs to her room to get her things. “How did this happen, I don’t want to go home with somepony I just met. For all I know, he could be a complete psychopath. No matter, he’ll regret adopting me soon enough.” Star walked into her room and gathered her things. Tears began to flow from her eyes; this was the worst day of her life. She felt nauseous and her stomach hurt horribly. “It’s not fair.”

The door to her room opened up quick and loud. “I’ll say it’s not fair, how is it that you get to leave when you don’t even want to and yet I try to be good and nothing.” Just then Scotch walked in. “You’ll get yours someday Star.” Skylight whispered and then walked off.

“Come on Star, let’s go.” Scotch smiled widely as he went to help the young one with her bags.

“Don’t touch it or me; I don’t need you or anypony.” Star snapped as she grabbed her bags and made her way out of the room followed by her new father.

As they made their way out the front door, Scotch turned to Miss Rain. “Good day.” He then led Star to the carriage and tried to help her in but she had refused. Scotch quickly got in after Star and sat down. As the carriage took off down the road of Manehatten, Scotch turned to Starry Night with a serious look. “We have a lot to talk about princess.”

Star asked him what he meant by that but received no response. She huffed and turned to the window. ‘What is this guy’s deal, calling me princess like it’s supposed to be an insult or something. I can’t wait until he kicks me out.’ The rest of the way to the home was silent and Star wanted nothing more then to jump out of the carriage and run but she didn’t have the chance. She was taken inside the home which just so happened to be a mansion and was shown where she would be sleeping. ‘I’ll make my escape tonight; I’m not living with this creep.’ Star laid down on the bed prepared for her and quickly fell asleep.