• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 711 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 711

Twilight's Saving Grace

Twilight had run around for at least twelve hours looking for Star. Her voice had become so raspy and sore; she couldn’t even hear herself anymore. Her jaw was sore from all the yelling she had been doing to try and find her daughter. Her legs were throbbing and her back ached so horribly, she had finally collapsed onto the muddy floor of the Everfree forest. Her nose had become runny and sore and the thought of flying away wore her out even more. At the moment, her wings were the only movable appendages, not even her eyelids could stay open. Moving her wings helped her know that she was still alive. Her lungs burned so much that it made it hard to breath and her coat and mane were covered in dirt and sticky sweat. Her tail was stiff due to the dirt and sweat and her mane stuck to her face.

“Twilight!” Twilight heard a female voice that she recognized. “Glad I found you.” Yes, she recognized that voice but she didn’t know who it was. She could feel herself being picked up by the pony, no Zebra. The jewelry the zebra wore hit Twilights body as she was lifted up off the ground. It was Zecora that had found her. With the last bit of strength that she had, she said three words.

“Thank you Zecora.” Twilight said as loud as possible and received a response but it wasn’t one that she had expected.

“I’m not Zecora darling; I am Amadi deary, Zecora’s cousin.” That was all Twilight heard before falling unconscious. Twilight had heard of Amadi from Zecora but they had never met.

When Twilight woke, she looked around frantically yelling out for Star. She didn’t do herself any favors however as she was still unable to hear herself. Amadi noticed the panicking Alicorn and rested a hoof on the pony’s shoulder. Twilight turned her head around with a smile and frowned when she saw that it wasn’t her daughter. Amadi moved out of the way and revealed a young filly lying on a cot. Twilight let out a sigh of relief and calmed down. Amadi hoofed over a cup of warm tea to Twilight; at least it looked like tea. Twilight nodded, took the drink and gulped it down. It was bitter and salty, obviously it wasn’t tea. “Ugh, what was that stu- hey I can talk again!” Twilight jumped up and fell flat on her face. “I am apparently still unable to walk though, could I get some help?”

Amadi helped Twilight back onto the cot she had been laying on a second ago. “Now your highness, please don’t hurt yourself.” Amadi left and returned with a cup in her hoof. “Here is some real tea, drink up darling.”

Twilight took the cup of tea and thanked Amadi but there was a question running through her mind. “You look a lot like Zecora and sound a lot like her but you don’t talk like her. You actually talk a lot like my friend Rarity.” Twilight took a sip of the tea and smiled. “This is really good.”

Amadi chuckled and took a seat next to Twilight. “We have a family resemblance but if you look closely, you’ll notice a subtle difference. My mane is white then black, not black then white and I also have only one stripe under each eye, not three.” Amadi gave Twilight time to look her over before continuing. “I prefer not to talk in rhyme like other zebra’s do. Now about your daughter, I got her cleaned up and well, let me explain. I heard you yelling out for Star, I figured she had run into the forest and so I decided I’d help search for Star who I could only assume was a filly. You had run past my cousin’s hut by the time that I decide to help search. You were in such a panic and in such a state; I thought you may have missed her. I was very saddened to find that I was right. I found two hoof prints that had been smeared on the ground and led into a pit of mud. I jumped into action and was able to reach her but when I found her, she had suffocated, drowned. I brought her back to the hut and tried to revive her. I used everything I had and used every technique I knew to bring her back but I couldn’t save her. I am truly sorry, your daughter is gone.” Amadi grabbed Star from the other cot and brought her over to Twilight and set her down.

Twilight burst into tears and held Star tightly in her hooves. “Star, no, you can’t be gone. You were my only reason for living anymore. My friends don’t care anymore; I haven’t seen my family in years and the princesses haven’t spoken with me personally in years. You were my life, my only reason to live.” Twilight cried for hours and held Star close. Amadi had been kind enough to let her have time to grieve. Twilight just couldn’t live in the world anymore; she knew what she had to do. “Amadi!” The zebra came into the room. “I need you to do something for me.” Amadi nodded. “Bury me next to my daughter when I die.”

Amadi realized just what Twilight was saying and gave her a big slap. “Don’t you even dare think about killing yourself.”

“Why not, Star was the only thing I had to look forward to everyday after waking up. My daughter was my world, the only thing I had to live for. Give me one reason not to do that!” Twilight held her daughter tight while glaring at Amadi.

Twilight was hurting, that much was clear and she had the right to be hurt but that wasn’t an excuse to kill oneself. There was never a reason to commit suicide. Amadi couldn’t pretend to know what it was like for this to happen or to be bullied or any reason that anypony could come up with to make that an excuse but to her, there was always a way out of these things. Maybe that was a bit harsh, there were those that just can’t handle things mentally but Twilight wasn’t one of them. Twilight still had her family she could go to and surely her friends hadn’t abandoned her. True friends wouldn’t do that no matter the problem. Family wouldn’t either no matter the consequences. There would always be those who love you, so to listen to anypony who would pick on you or treat you badly was just foolishness. They were the ones that didn’t matter. This was something Twilight didn’t understand and that most didn’t, at least in Amadi’s mind. That was just from a bullying point of view but this was the circumstance that fit Twilight best. “Twilight, you have a way, you have always had a way out. She meant a lot to you, I know that you gave up everything for her but you still have family, you still have friends.” Just then Rarity and the others burst into the room and all at once they apologized. After the apology, her brother and sister in law, her parents came into the hut. Spike then burped up a letter addressed to Twilight. Amadi picked it up and hoofed it over to Twilight. “What does it say?”

“It says that Princess Celestia and Luna are worried about me but that doesn’t matter, you haven’t given me any reason not to end my miserable life.” Twilights friends and family all gasped but didn’t say anything.

“Then let me help you and show you the way out since your friends and family aren’t important to you anymore.” Amadi noticed Twilight flinch at hearing that and Amadi knew that even without the letter she had found; Twilight was beginning to regret her decision. She still had to give her the letter though. Amadi hoofed over the note she had found. “This should be plenty of reason for you to keep going.”

Twilight grabbed the note and looked at it. Everypony looked on in interest as Twilight began to smile. “Well, what does it say Surgarcube?”

“It’s a letter from me to my daughter for me. I can send, I would have been able to send Star back to let her fix things.” Twilight closed her eyes and faced down but shot them open. Her eyes filled with determination. She couldn’t send her daughter back but she could go back and fix things herself. She knew what she would do now. “I’m going to do what Star should have been able to do. I’m going to go back and keep myself from doing something so stupid. I can fix everything, for my daughters’ sake and for everypony else affected by my decision.” Twilight tried to stand but it was no use, she was still too weak. “On second thought, a day or two of rest would be good.”

“Good for you Twilight but remember, suicide is never an option.” Amadi walked away and left Twilight with her family.

“I’m so sorry for what I did to all of you and to myself. You were right, I know that you all think I was stupid and you were right but I thought I was helping my daughter.” Twilight’s voice quieted as she began to fall asleep with her daughter still in her hooves. As she drifted off, she could hear the group in front of her.

“We forgive you Twilight, now forgive us.” The group said in unison before disappearing into thin air.