• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 712 Views, 7 Comments

Mommy's Little Star - Sillyponyme



A filly involuntarily travels through time and messes up the future for Twilight and friends.

  • ...
9
 7
 712

Secret Interview

Fluttershy had let Star get on her back because the young filly couldn’t fly and took off into the sky. She felt two little nervous legs wrap around her neck. Fluttershy chuckled at the reaction, it was cute but she also understood why Star would be frightened. Fluttershy wasn’t the bravest pony; she wasn’t one for getting off the ground more then ten feet or so. Star had most likely never been off the ground at all. “Don’t worry, you will be just fine, we’re almost there.” That little bit of comfort did nothing to help Star feel better, she was off the ground and there were no words that would change that. Soon enough Fluttershy landed on the cloud and knocked on her friends door. She could feel Star move and start to get off her back. “I wouldn’t get off if I was you, you will fall right through the cloud.” Star clamped onto Fluttershy’s neck and held on for dear life and then the door opened and startled Star. She gripped onto Fluttershy even tighter and began to choke her. Fluttershy reached up and tried to pry Star off but she had quite a strong grip. Rainbow Dash ran over and helped out. Soon enough, Star released her grip but continued to shake. “Oh dear, perhaps I should have left her on the ground.”

“Really, you think so do you?” Rainbow said sarcastically as she held onto the shaking filly. “Let’s get her to the ground.” Rainbow carefully flew toward the ground as fast as she could without scaring the filly more then she already was. Once they were on the ground, she set Star down. “You can breathe now kid.”

Star had started breathing rapidly up in the air but she slowly calmed down and looked around. She realized now what she had done to Fluttershy as the older mare rubbed her neck to sooth it. “I am so sorry Fluttershy, I was just so scared.”

“Do not worry Star; it was my fault for taking you with me.” Fluttershy waved goodbye and walked off.

Rainbow turned to Star and smiled. “So you’re the little squirt we’re taking to your mother. So tell me kid, how has life been for you?” Rainbow was the last one to meet before Twilight, Rainbow considered herself the pre-interviewer. She didn’t think in any way that Star was a bad kid but she wanted to know if taking Star to her mother was a good idea, Twilight would be the next one to decide. Twilight was smart but who knows how she would act toward Star considering Twilight’s past. If Rainbow didn’t think that this was a good idea, then Star would be sent back to the orphanage. This wasn’t a comforting thought though. The last thing she wanted to do is hurt the young filly but they may not have a choice. This interview was a necessary evil since Star had no idea and if the filly didn’t pass, that would also be a necessary evil. There was no way Stars mother would be able to handle her if she wasn’t in the right mind and had the right attitude. This had to be done.

“It sucks at least up until now. I’m meeting my all time favorite ponies in Equestria, the bearer of the elements of Harmony, sort of but still. This is the best time of my life.” Star smiled widely with excitement written all over her face.

“That’s great kid; I’m surprised you haven’t been adopted until now.” Rainbow sat down next to Star. Rainbow Dash wanted to put her wing around Star but she couldn’t let Star get too comfortable with her if the filly had to end up going back. Star looked away a little upset but Rainbow stayed silent until Star was ready to speak.

It didn’t take long before Star opened her mouth and spoke. “I don’t want somepony else, we should be able to live with our mom and dad but not with those that don’t want us. I’m very mad that my mother didn’t like me enough to keep me. I didn’t do anything.”

Rainbows heart snapped in two at hearing that. Rainbow knew for a fact that Star’s mother loved her greatly. She wasn’t about to sit back and let the filly say something like that but she also had to be gentle. Star was upset and she didn’t understand. “Look Star, I know that you must hurt because of this whole thing. I can’t say that I blame you for thinking that but I promise you that your mother loved you and still does.”

“Excuse me if I don’t believe you, I want to hear that from my mother and then I want her to show it.” Star turned further away from Rainbow Dash and began to cry. “I didn’t do anything.” Star said through tears.

Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck trying to figure out what to say. Star wasn’t a bad kid, she was just upset. That was really all there was to it. Star wanted to be with her mother but she felt betrayed and abandoned. That was all Rainbow needed to hear. Tomorrow Star would meet Twilight for the final part and if things go well, things had to go well or Star would end up hating Twilight and her friends. “Forget it kid; let’s go get something to eat ok.” Star nodded even though she had already eaten not long ago. Rainbow Dash and Star made their way to Sugarcube corner. The two talked the entire way there.

Once they were ten feet from the store, Star bumped into somepony. “I’m so sorry…do I know you?” A lavender Alicorn pony asked as she stared in wonderment at the filly she bumped into. Her look of wonderment soon turned into horror and she took off in the opposite direction.

Star watched as the Princess ran off and wondered why she ran from her. “Did I do something?” Tears started to form in the filly’s eyes once again.

Rainbow knew what had happened but she couldn’t tell Star, Twilight needed to. Rainbow came up with a quick lie. “No, she is just super busy. I guess she wasn’t expecting you so soon. She probably just ran off to clean up the library. I’ll take you there tomorrow to meet her.” Rainbow had really hoped that that would satisfy the filly.

“I heard that Princess Twilight was one to freak out about things but I’m hardly worth it. She doesn’t need to worry about me.” Star smiled at Rainbow and then chuckled a bit.

“She cares a lot Star; it’s just how she is. Come on, let’s get a snack.” Rainbow walked into the store and found Pinkie pie with Pokey Pierce helping Sweet Treat pull a pan out from the cupboard to fill with batter of some kind, possibly and most likely cake. Rainbow was sure it was cake, why else would they be pulling out such a big pan but then again it could have been brownies. Why did she even care? She had to focus. “Hey Pinkie.” Pinkie stood up straight and walked over to the front desk.

“Hiya Dashie, what do you need?” Pinkie asked as Sweet Treat ran past and over to Star. The two started talking and it brought a smile to Pinkie’s face.

“Just here for a snack is all but let’s talk.” Rainbow went behind the counter and put her hoof around Pinkie. She dragged her pink friend with her into the back to have some privacy. “I think Star is good to go but I worry a bit. She feels abandoned which is normal but she isn’t happy with her mother. I fear that she may run away which is where you come in. I need you to get the others and make sure that all of you including me keep an eye on her. We can’t afford to let Star run off.”

“I still don’t get it Rainbow Dash, why not just take her there, if it doesn’t work then we take her back. We-” Pinkie was cut off.

“Don’t worry about understanding Pinkie; just help me help Star by keeping an eye on her.” Pinkie nodded and the two peeked around the corner. Star and Sweet Treat were smiling and laughing. ‘Please let everything be ok.’ Rainbow thought as she stared at the two.