• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 4,887 Views, 177 Comments

A Pacified Kingdom - DuskShadowBrony



What happens when a kingdom is run by foals? Intelligent foals? WARNING/ALERT/DANGER/CAUTION: THIS STORY CONTAINS AGE REGRESSION/DIAPERS/ETC. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THESE KINDS OF THINGS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

  • ...
30
 177
 4,887

6- A Day at the Park

Chapter 6- A Day at the Park

“So it’s another nice day out.” Cocoa commented. “What do you guys want to do?”

“I don’t really mind.” I answered. “I’m not…. Used to this.”

“What do you mean?” Glitter asked, looking over at me.

“I usually spend most of my time inside I’m just… used to… well… working. It keeps my mind off things.”

“What? Don’t you have friends to spend time with?” Cocoa asked, giving me a soft look.

“… I… Let’s just say that sometimes…. It’s just easier to be alone…” I avoided eye contact with them.

“Don’t you have any fwiends?” Glitter questioned.

“I have allies.” I managed to dodge the question. “With my personal unit and Luna.”

“But don’t you have friends who you spend time with?” Cocoa questioned. “I mean, you don’t honestly spend all day in your room?”

“Well, no, I go on patrols, too. And missions. I use that time out of my research room.”

“Don’t you evew west?”

“I can’t stand being idle, I have to do something productive, you know? And plus… I’m not that good with other ponies. I was assigned this task, so I took it. I’ve gained enough skills from third-hoof experience to hide it. I just have to apply the social skills.”

“Aww.” Cocoa nuzzled me. “You just need to relax a little more. Why not have some fun with us today? Just… forget about your problems for the day and enjoy yourself.”

My head felt fuzzy again, and I slowly nodded. “Okay… Thank you.”

“Here, it’s still some time to the park.” Before I could protest, she swept me onto her back with her wing, next to Glitter.

“Hey.” Glitter giggled at me, hugging me.

“Er… Hi…” I returned the hug. “You know, Cocoa, I can walk on my own.”

“I just want you to rest for today, let me take care of things.” Cocoa gave another one of her gentle smiles. “Okay?”

“Erm…. Okay.” I nodded as Cocoa trotted along a dirt path. “That sounds good.”

It took about ten minutes, but we reached the park, filled with mostly foals.

“There you go.” Cocoa set me down with Glitter. “Now run off and play, you two.”

“So… what do you want to do?” I asked Glitter, walking alongside her as she crawled.

“Hide and seek! I’ww hide fiwst!” she giggled.

“Sure, why not?” Hide and seek was actually often used as a stealth and discovery exercise in the Royal Guard. I had top marks for discovery, but due to my recklessness, had failed almost all my stealth tests. “I’ll count to thirty, okay?”

“Okay! No cheating!” she crawled off as I blindfolded myself with a simple spell. I waited until half a minute had passed, before looking around. A group of foals ran past me, chasing after a ball. Finding Glitter would be easy with a Detection spell, but that would be boring. My eyes swept the area. She couldn’t even walk, so hiding in a tree was out of the question, as was most other high areas. That meant that she had to be in one of the lower areas. I continued analyzing the possibilities, until my eyes reached a play tunnel. Yes…. In the thirty seconds of allotted time, that was a definite area that she could be in. The other lower areas were too far away, or not a likely hiding spot for a foal. The highest probability was the play tunnel. I reached the tunnel, looking down the twisting plastic path. I wondered if I could even fit inside. I figured it was worth a shot, and got down on my knees. To my surprise, I fit easily inside.

“Glitter?” I called out, crawling through the colorful pipe. There was no answer, only my echoing voice. “Hmm.” I muttered to myself, heading further in. I heard a giggle, and recognized it as Glitter’s. I crawled a little faster, and saw her turn a corner.

“Nuh-uh, not gonna catch me!” she taunted playfully.

“Wanna bet?” I chuckled, moving faster, starting to catch up.

“Oh no!” she tried to fake going one direction at a fork, but I saw it, diving and tagging her. “Aww.” She smiled. “You got me.”

“Come on, I’m thiwsty.” She motioned for me to turn around. I did so, and we started heading out.

I was the first to get out, stretching my body, both of us headed to Cocoa. “Hello, dears.” She smiled at us.

“I’m thiwsty, Cocoa.” Glitter said.

“I’m a bit thirsty, too.” I added. “Could I please have something to drink?”

“Oh, but of course.” She went into her bags, taking out a bottle and sippy cup, both full of juicy. “Now, I’m sorry, Dusk but there were no other cups I could find in the kitchen. We can take off the lid but…” she struggled with it. “It seems to be stuck. Maybe you could get it off?”

I attempted to use my magic to remove it, but she was right, it really was stuck tight. “Wow…” I muttered, tugging some more.

“Well, dear, come on, I suppose you could just drink it as it is? It’s juice, either way.”

“Yeah, come on, just dwink.” Glitter began suckling on her bottle, with the assistance of Cocoa. I hesitated, but thirst took over. I started to drink, feeling rather embarrassed. The juice had a smooth, sweet taste to it, so the flavor wasn’t bad at all. It didn’t take long before it felt natural.

“Ah, so what are you two going to do afterwards?” Cocoa asked when Glitter finished, burping her.

“Ooh, I wanna go thwough da tunnewls again!” Glitter said excitedly. “Wots of fun!”

“Okay.” I answered, setting the rather foalish cup down. “We can do that if you want.”

“Wace you!” she crawled off quickly. I got to my hooves, tripping and falling over clumsily.

“Oops!” Cocoa giggled, helping me up. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just lost my balance for a bit.” I allowed her to pick me up.

“Go on, then.” She nodded, letting me head after Glitter.

“What took you?” Glitter had an odd smile on her face, as if she was hiding something. I didn’t really have time to answer, as she crawled into the tunnel first.
Maybe it was just me, but I found that I fit inside the tunnel easier than before, not having to crawl low. We navigated the expanse of tunnels, soon reaching another end, on the other side of the massive playground.

“Wow... this place is really… big…” I glanced over at where we came from. The playground was the size of two hoofball fields, if not more. “Is it really okay if you’re this far away from Cocoa?”

“Oh, you’we wight.” Glitter agreed. “Just thought you might wanna take a wook awound.”

“I just want to make sure you’re safe. That’s all.” I answered.

“But you’we a Woyal Guawd, wight? You can pwotect me!” she giggled.

“Yeah, I suppose I can. If you’re in any real danger.” I nodded.

“I wanna heaw mowe about youw job.” She laid down on the grass, motioning for me to do the same.

“Well…. Okay, but I can’t tell you too much. One, a lot of it is classified, two, some of it isn’t fit for a foal.” I settled down next to her and started telling tales of my expedition and exploration missions I had done for my research.
I didn’t realize it getting dark until I heard Cocoa calling us. “Dusk! Glitter! Where are you two? It’s time to head back to the castle, dears!”

“Here, I can do this.” My horn glowed as I teleported us next to Cocoa, falling over again. The issue with my teleportation spells was that although they were almost three times as fast as a standard spell, it always dazed me for some time.

“Goodness, dear, are you okay?” Cocoa helped me to my hooves.

“Ow… yeah. Just overcompensated the magic energy that I would need.”

“Here.” She set me on her back with Glitter. “Just rest, and I’ll carry you back. You should be more careful using your magic. You’re a bit young, after, all.”

“Huh?” I looked over at Cocoa, feeling my mind fog up again. Maybe she was right, a teleportation spell was pretty advanced. I shouldn’t have done it.

“That’s all right, dear. Just relax.”

I settled on her back, the group of us staying quietly calm as we headed to the castle. We passed by the odd fountain again, of the mother and foal. Like before, I felt the odd aura around it, making my head fog up once more.

“Oh, poor thing, you must be exhausted.” Cocoa cooed at me, watching my eyes close. “Just sleep, you’ve had a long day.”
My eyes closed the rest of the way, and I felt myself drift into a peaceful slumber.

Author's Note:

I wrote this when sick, dunno how good it is. In case you didn't notice, this is where the regression really starts to happen.

I really need to make my chapters longer, don't I?