• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 4,886 Views, 177 Comments

A Pacified Kingdom - DuskShadowBrony



What happens when a kingdom is run by foals? Intelligent foals? WARNING/ALERT/DANGER/CAUTION: THIS STORY CONTAINS AGE REGRESSION/DIAPERS/ETC. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THESE KINDS OF THINGS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

  • ...
30
 177
 4,886

2- The Kingdom

Chapter 2- The Kingdom

“We’re approaching our destination, sir.” Nova and Blue slowed down, preparing to descend past the cloud layer.

“Finally…” I sighed as magic encased us, allowing us to break through the clouds. A city came into view, a bit odd. It looked like everything was built with building blocks- the kind that foals would play with. “What odd architecture.” I mused, my interest temporarily overriding my fear of heights.

“Yeah, but it looks kind of funny.” Nova chuckled, heading to the largest building- the palace. I looked over the side, seeing many ponies roaming down below. One thing that struck me as a bit odd was that there were significantly more foals, colts, and fillies than stallions and mares.

The palace was towering, with a thick carpet leading up the stairs to the front doors. The carpet had yet another foalish design, with letters printed all over it. The carriage descended and landed to the side, Nova unbuckling himself and opening my door before I could protest. “Here we are, sir. So you’re staying here for a week?”

“That’s the plan, yes.” I answered, getting out and looking around. “Thanks for the ride, guys, I’ll make it up to you when I get back.”
“Have fun, sir.” Blue and Nova saluted, which I returned.

“Yeah, fun.” I muttered, rolling my eyes once they had taken to the skies again. I heard the sound of hoofsteps and turned to see two young Pegasi colts walking towards me, plastic shortswords sheathed in belts of their play-armor. Both were a very light grey with pale blue manes.

“Hi! You must be from Canterlot!” one said. “Equestria, right?”

“Right.” I answered, a little amused at the two colts playing dress-up. “Listen, I’m looking for Princess Glitter Star, I was sent here to meet her.”

“We’ll take you to her.” The other colt nodded.

“Er… Listen… boys, as much as I appreciate it, I’d prefer being escorted by her Guards.” I answered. I didn’t really have the time to play imagine with the colts.

“Excuse me,” the first colt sounded offended. “But we are her guards.”

I sighed. “Boys, I don’t have the time for games, please, I just need to know where her guards are.”

The second colt opened his mouth, looking angry, but stopped as I heard a voice behind me.

“Nimbus? Cirrus? What are you two doing?” a Pegasi mare, with a light blue body and darker blue mane trotted up. Her voice was gentle and sweet, and she had an odd, calming aura around her. “Why are you bothering the nice stallion?”

“Sorry, Mom. But he said he wanted to talk to the Princess’s Guards.” I now noticed his name on his guard cloak, Nimbus. He gave me an odd smirk as he and his brother trotted to the mare. I swore I could have seen a sly smile on her face, but it was gone so fast, I could have imagined it.

“Oh, I can take you there, dear.” She gave me a gentle smile. “My name is Frost Wind, by the way.” She extended her hoof.
“Dusk Shadow. Nice to meet you.” I said politely, taking her hoof and shaking it. I did not enjoy social interactions, but I had a substantial amount of social skills gained strictly through observation.

“Oh, aren’t you polite.” She kept her friendly smile up. “Come with me.” She turned and headed up the stairs. I followed close behind her as she looked back at me. “May I ask what happened to your wing, dear?”

“Er… just call me Dusk.” I answered awkwardly. “And… it’s a long story.” I realized too late that I had forgotten to put my cloak back on, and had left it in the carriage. I had taken it off momentarily at the rest stop, and hadn’t bothered to wear it again.

“Oh, if you don’t want to talk about it, that’s all right.” She reached the doors and knocked.

“So you can just walk in? Are you a friend of the Princess?” I asked, walking up by her side.

“You could say that. I’m a member of her Council.” Frost answered, as I heard hoofsteps. The doors opened quietly, two stallions in guard armor opening the doors with their Unicorn magic. They bowed us in politely as Frost led me past them. More groups of colts in guard armor with the same play-swords walked around, some groups of fillies, too. A few even giggled amongst themselves as they saw me. I brushed off this oddity, not thinking much of it.

The hallway was lined with unusual art that looked like hoof-painting and crayon scribbles. There was even a giant statue of a mother and foal adorning a central fountain, which distracted me for some time. There was something strange about that fountain for sure.

“Dear? Dusk?” I turned to see Frost looking over at me with worry. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, it’s nothing.” I glanced back at the fountain one last time as I hurried after her to catch up.

“How do you like the castle?” she asked as I fell into line behind her two colts. “The décor? Design?”

“It’s interesting, that’s for sure.” I answered, looking at the colorful bricks. I looked over at a sculpture of a pacifier. My instincts were screaming at me, but it wasn’t a dangerous feel. It just felt… off.

“Hmm, that’s a common thing our visitors say.” Frost and her colts giggled, as we turned down another hallway. This one had a carpet with teddy bears as a pattern, and felt rather nice and soft beneath my hooves.

“Morning, Frost.” A brown Earth Pony with a short white mane saluted Frost. His armor was metal, and his blade genuine. “Who’s this?” he looked over at me.

“This is Dusk Shadow. The Princess’s special Guest.” Frost answered.

“Ah.” He gave the same odd smile that the colts gave me. “I’m sure he’ll have fun here.”

“Of course, the Princess will make sure of that.” She chuckled. “Nimbus, Cirrus, you two go run off and play now, I’ll take Dusk from here.”

“Okay, Mom.” They galloped off back down the hallway.

“See you.” The guard pony saluted Frost once again before going back to his patrolling.

We walked in silence for some time down the hallway, before coming to a set of doors. The bright pink doors felt like they belonged in a nursery, but at any rate, worked well with the rest of the castle’s foalish design. “Here we are, sweetie.” She smiled at me, pushing open the doors.

I blinked a little in surprise at the name, feeling a little embarrassed at it. I brushed a bit of my mane back to cover my embarrassment, following her through the doors.

“Princess, I’ve brought your guest.” She bowed down, as I looked up at the throne. I did not expect to see what I did.

Author's Note:

The plot is soooo predictable.... But so is every other Age Regression story.... ever....