• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 4,881 Views, 177 Comments

A Pacified Kingdom - DuskShadowBrony



What happens when a kingdom is run by foals? Intelligent foals? WARNING/ALERT/DANGER/CAUTION: THIS STORY CONTAINS AGE REGRESSION/DIAPERS/ETC. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THESE KINDS OF THINGS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

  • ...
30
 177
 4,881

10- Innocence

Chapter 10- Innocence

I opened my eyes. I was in a… nursery of some sort? Everything was gray, devoid of color. It was completely silent, not a single sound in the air aside from myself. “Hello?” I called out, looking around. There was no reply, and I felt something that I hadn’t felt in a long time. Fear. There was nopony here… just me… I was all alone… It was chilling, it reminded me too much of my normal Dream Realm.

This caused another feeling that I didn’t experience since ages ago. I wanted to cry. I tried not to, but I felt lost and abandoned… I started to whimper, before getting even more upset over my own lack of control over my emotions, and burst into tears, crying.

“Hey, shh, it’s all right.” I opened my eyes again. It was just a dream. I felt myself being picked up and rocked. As I woke up, it took me only a few moments to recognize the voice. It was Cocoa. “Shh, I’m here, don’t cry, little one.”

I calmed down quickly, hugging onto her. The sweet scent of her mane, the soft fur of her body, her gentle voice… all of it was so comforting.

“Is Dusky otay?” I looked over as Glitter spoke.

“Yes, he’s fine now, right?” she asked, nuzzling me.

“Uh-huh.” I answered, nuzzling her back. “Thanks, Cocoa, Glitter.”

“Good. Now hold still, please.” She pulled back the waistband of my diaper. “Looks like somepony needs a change.” She spoke in a sing-song voice. “But do you think you can wait until after dinner? If you make some more wetties, I don’t want to waste a diaper.”

I nodded, not even noticing that I had wet. Well, not that I could, anyway, I was just a foal. But the wet squishing that came from my diaper was only noticeable once she pointed it out. “Okay, Cocoa.” I answered.

“Here, if you’re still a little scared, this will help.” She pushed a pacifier into my mouth, holding it in place until I started to suckle. “Good boy. Glitter, while I get dinner, be a dear and play together with him? He looks like he could use more cheering up.”

“Uh-huh!” Glitter tackled me over easily, her size alone enough. “Gotcha!”

“Eep! Nuh!” I tried to escape, but she started tickling. The pacifier forced a lisp, but I didn’t mind. Suckling on it made me feel happy and safe.

“No escape!” she laughed. “Gotya good!”

I giggled, squirming underneath her, before lifting one of my own little wings to tickle her back. “Ha!” I chuckled, as she drew back. However, this was just an act, as when I tried to sit up, she grabbed a plush toy in her hooves, tossing it at me. “Oof!” I tried to catch it, but it was too big! I fell over once again, landing on the soft carpet.

“I win!” Glitter pranced happily around. “Gotya down twice!”

I sat up again, a little dazed. “Wow, you’we stwong.”

“Hehe, nuh, you’we just wittle.” She booped me playfully. “You’we a tiny wittle foaw who can bawely speak. Hehe, can you say ‘My name is Dusky and I’m a widdle foaw?’”

My head felt fuzzy for a moment, but I shook it off, trying to do as she said. “Me… n-name Dusky, imma widdle... foaw!” It took me a few tries, but I managed.

“Good!” she praised, clapping her hooves. Her praise pleased me, making me feel all warm inside. “Oh, wook, we get babas!” she pointed at Cocoa as the mare entered, carrying two full bottles. “I was teaching Dusky to say his name!” she told her.

“Oh?” Cocoa smiled, passing a bottle to Glitter. “Dusky, can you say, ‘I love my diapees?’”

“Uh… Me… wuv… diapees…” I stated after a couple attempts.

“Such a smart little foal.” She picked me up, cradling me, removing my pacifier as Glitter drank. “Open up, dearie.”

I obliged, letting her slip the tip of the bottle in my mouth, starting to suckle. The formula inside was warm and wonderful, filling my hungry tummy.

“Slow down, Dusky.” She giggled, tilting the bottle to adjust. “We don’t want you to get a tummyache.”

I did as she asked. After all, the big ponies knew best. As I suckled, I felt my diaper warm up as I wet it again. It was a nice feeling, adding extra warmth and comfort to my body.

“Good boy.” Cocoa gave a knowing smile as she patted my diaper. “Using your diaper just like the little foal you are. Don’t worry, I’ll change you when you’re done, just like I promised.”

“Hehe, heavy wetter.” Glitter lightly teased, having already finished her bottle.

“That’s right, he needs extra padding. I think one thick diaper isn’t enough, maybe two?” Cocoa suggested.

“Nuh-uh, thwee!” Glitter answered. “It’s gotta be supew soft!”

“Okay, three, is that okay, Dusky?” Cocoa nuzzled me as I finished up. I couldn’t answer, due to a pressure in my tummy. “Oh, hold on.” She patted my back, making me burp. I spit up, but she quickly wiped it off with a wet wipe, without second thought. “Is that okay, Dusky? Three diapees?” she asked again, as she laid me on the changing table.

I nodded. “Uh-huh!” One of those thick diapers was already so soft, three had to make it even softer!

“You’re such an obedient foal.” She smiled at me. “Can you say ‘obedient foal?’” she held my pacifier up above me, distracting me for a moment. “Oh-be-dee-ent.” She enunciated.

“Ob… obee… o-bee-dent foaw.” I lisped.

“Hehe, close enough. Here you go.” She set my pacifier back in, beginning the change. Cocoa hummed lightly as she wiped, taking out three thick blue diapers. “Can you reach these?” she suddenly pulled out a set of colorful toy keys. I tried to get them, reaching my hooves up. “Gotta try harder than that.” She smiled, jangling them above my head.

I reached out further, taking a few moments, but finally managing to grasp on once she lowered them down. It was then I noticed she had already diapered me. That was fast! I tried to sit up on my own, but couldn’t, the bulk of the diapers preventing me.

“No need to worry, I got you.” Cocoa helped me onto her back, setting Glitter next to me. “Tomorrow’s your last day before you go home, do you want to do anything special?”

“One week passed awlweady?” Glitter sounded disappointed.

“Yes, well, time flies when you have fun.” Cocoa replied, bouncing us on her back. “And we’ve had a lot of fun, haven’t we?”

“Yeah! Fun!” I agreed, nodding.

“When he's weady, wet's teww him da kingdom's stowy.” Glitter smiled at me.

“Of course. Now do you two want to play outside?"

“Otay.” Glitter and I answered together.

“Oh, and Dusky, I found your teddy.” Cocoa lifted a soft Ursa Minor teddy bear into my hooves. “You forgot all about him until now, didn’t you?”

I blinked and nodded, hugging the teddy tightly. How could I have forgotten about my friend? He was so soft, so snuggly, and he smelled like the familiar calming scent of foal powder. Everything about this was so calming, the paci, my teddy, and the cushy feeling hugging my flanks. We passed by the fountain again, and for a while, I was entranced by the glittering water and shiny metal the fountain was made of. Cocoa nuzzled me, pausing by the fountain.

“Pretty, isn’t it?” Cocoa cooed at me. “Little foals like you are so easily distracted by shiny things.”

She was right, it was hard for me to turn my attention away. I barely registered what Glitter said to me.

“Hehe, you’we so innocent.” Glitter patted my head. “Thinking too hawd isn’t fow innocent wittle foaws wike you.”

I felt any little worries and complex thoughts fade from my mind, to be replaced by a happy and blissful desire to just play and have fun. I giggled, drooling past my pacifier as I looked over at Glitter and Cocoa. Glitter was a friend, and Cocoa was just like Mommy.
“Aww.” Cocoa wiped up the drool. “You’re so cute like that, Dusky.”

I gazed blankly at her, before smiling. I had no idea what she just said, but it sounded really nice. I just snuggled with my teddy while I rode on her back.

“I tink he’s too wittle fow books now.” Glitter booped me, making me squeak in surprise.

“You’re right, how about something simple for him, then?” she changed directions. “I think blocks should be easy enough.”

In a few minutes, we arrived back at the playroom, which was even bigger than I had remembered. Glitter hopped down from Cocoa, as I was set gently down on the ground. I smiled as I sunk into the soft padding of my diapers. I watched Cocoa bring over a colorful bag of foam blocks, dumping them out onto the ground. I didn’t understand what they were for, but I wondered what they tasted like. I took my pacifier out, beginning to chew on the corner of one of the blocks.

“Aww, so cute.” Cocoa nuzzled me. “That’s right, foals chew on things. Good foal.” She encouraged me. “Foals always need to be near their caretaker, otherwise, it can get scary. Mommy is best, but other loving big ponies can do, too.”

She kept talking in big pony words, which I didn’t understand. I continued to chew on the block, hiding under Cocoa’s legs. I felt safe there, there were probably monsters or something that would scare me if I left the safety of her.

Glitter laughed, starting to stack the blocks. I didn’t care to imitate her, because Cocoa had laid down, draping a wing over me. I felt at ease, every part of me relaxed. My diapers warmed up as I rested against her. I had no idea why they were getting warm, but it felt good.
“I think he’s done.” Cocoa said to Glitter. “I think it’s time he heard the history of the kingdom.” She picked me up and cradled me, looking with her soft eyes into mine. “Long ago, the kingdom was in turmoil. There was constant fighting, over almost anything. The king wasn’t doing so well himself, in conflict, and ready to go to war with a neighboring kingdom. However, as he ventured into the cave for meditation, he discovered a mysterious spring of water. It seemed so fresh, so delightful to him, that he drank from it. In a matter of time, he had shrunk down to a foal. He had no idea of how he was before, instead, just drooling, giggling, and playing. By the time anypony had noticed his transformation, many other citizens had drank from the same spring and experienced identical results. It seemed that the more they were treated like a foal, the faster the regression happened. Simply suggesting a foalish idea would cause it to stick. When the neighboring kingdom had found out what happened, they called off the attack, and came to good terms with our kingdom. They didn’t want to risk hurting so many foals. Instead, we merged our kingdoms into one, and became friends. After all, if the two ponies who were arguing over wares yesterday were such giggly best friends the next day, why couldn’t we, two kingdoms, put our differences aside and become friends? Ever since, any criminals we have are brought to the Fountain of Youth, to be regressed back into a little newborn, their memories a clean slate. They could start over, and be given another chance. And because big ponies just fought over silly things, it was decreed that only foals could be a leader. Those in the Royal Family had their bodies turned back, and their memories partially regressed. They would be as playful and happy as a foal, but still retain enough maturity to rule. We have never had a single conflict in our kingdom ever since.” Cocoa blinked, stroking my mane. “Ah… he’s asleep. Come on, Glitter, let’s get you both to bed.”

--

The following morning…

“I hope you’re not upset with us.” Cocoa was talking to Luna while Glitter and I played.

“Upset? Oh, far from it.” Luna looked over at me, smiling. “He works so hard, you know. To protect others. That’s all he’s ever wanted to do in his life. It’s why he joined the Royal Guard, trained vigorously every day, and researched so extensively. It’s time he had a break, and had someone take care of him.”

“Then you’ll keep him this way?” Cocoa smiled at Luna.

“Of course. All his friends and allies will make sure he grows up with love this time. I will personally overseer it. Thank you, Cocoa and Glitter.” She shook hooves with Cocoa, patting Glitter on the head. “Let’s go, Dusky. It’s time to go home. Everything is going to be okay.”
She lifted me up, nuzzling me before setting me on her back, trotting out to the carriage.

“Bye!” Glitter waved at us, me waving back.

“One more thing.” Cocoa called out to Luna. “If you ever want somepony else to visit… our kingdom is always open.”

Luna chuckled. “I’ll think about it. But I’m sure we won’t be the last of your visitors.”

Comments ( 18 )

boooooooooooooooooooo
needs a better ending
other than that I loved it a lot
don't need to get rid of this one just need to add an alt ending

6684859
I'm more than open to suggestions, what kind of ending were you looking for?

6684864 well I was kinda looking for where dusk came back to his senses and not what you did like really you already did that with another one of your storys.
and also when he comes back to his senses he confronts both the foal princess and the care taker.
they both don't deserve to have their names spoken because of what they did.
something close to that because honestly it just flet like dusk was way to accepting of it.
and also troll use of fonutin of youth dude.
also back to alt ending. because the entre time it just felt like the care giver was purposely trying to regess dusk.

6684890
Er... they were trying to purposefully regress him.

Also, that's not my style. I don't have ponies turn back to normal (immediately). That defeats the entire purpose of a clean and fresh start. I don't think you really understand the meaning of a new beginning, which my stories revolve around.

My stories are not about revenge, or getting back. My stories are not violent and about vengeance. They're sweet, and meant to bring a peace of mind. (Innocent to the point where they can only be peaceful)

Maybe Dusk did want it, deep down inside. Or maybe their magic was much more powerful than his will. But that's up to the reader.

The FoY was not a random troll. It was hinted at many times throughout the story. I kept drawing attention to it.

I really think you should read the story more carefully... most of what you are saying is either contradictory, or states the obvious.

6684987 well you got me there and I know the meaning of a fresh beginning its just that im not the one for it why start fresh when if its just one bad experience.
well I kinda thought through it and im like 50% ok with the current ending but I would have liked if dust had retained some of his adult mind though the regession.
just not the memorys he had with his child hood.
and I know the Foy there because of the comments it just felt a little out of place to tell us now that it was that which did the regession on dusk.
over all I liked the story and I liked it. its really just the fact that he had none of his adult memory left.
that bugs the hell out of me.
to me my early comment is just how I felt like the ending should have kinda gone

6685032

Sorry, but completely clean slates is the style of my writing. I don't feel comfortable changing that anytime soon. I'm projecting onto my writing, yes, because I desire a completely fresh start, with nothing of my past in the way.

I just don't feel comfortable keeping some 'adult' stuff left, because 'adult' stuff is bad and painful. That would corrupt a fresh start.

6685039 eh that's fine by me its just a suggestion.
most times in a bad experrance you just gotta power though it.
that's what I do and if you've had a bad life. just try to ignore it as best as you can but at the same time don't repress it to the point where you are have problems doing it.

6685088
Mm, I can agree with that.

6685171 good.
see on your next story dude

Loved this story.

Good show. *claps*

This was a REALLY GREAT story. One of the best ABDL Regression stories I've ever read. Keep up the good work.
:heart::pinkiesmile::derpytongue2::raritystarry:

Gotta say it was certainly an interesting story, but really the ending killed it for me. I get it that it was forcing regression, but the way they were doing it didn't really match what was happening. The regression itself felt cruel while they were nothing but nice and it really didn't mesh well. I get where the story was going but maybe in the end it Dusk had actually willing accepted it instead of it coming off more of the magic overcoming his will, I would have been more on board with this. The way the ending comes off to me is on where if Dusk ever did regain his memories, it would make him hate and despise Luna forever and wish the greatest pain and vengeance upon the entire foalish kingdom.

Loved the story over all, though the ending was different than I expected. Not against it, as he seemed to be the type who needed a restart on life. Though, I imagine explaining it to the others would be interesting. :3 Personally, if this kingdom actually existed in our world, I would be a foalish resident, no problem. The final part makes me curious, as Cocoa suggests there's a way to change one back to an adult when she's talking to Luna, so having that sort of thing makes me think this could be a great place to temporarily "get away" from work. (Though, again, I wouldn't hesitate being a permanent foal resident.) You wouldn't mind if others used this kingdom and your characters here for another story, do you?

6684987

I think the main issue I (and others) have with this fic is the idea of complete personality death. It's one thing to repress old memories (and completely erase the traumatic ones, at times), but if you dispose of everything, then there is nothing left for your personality to be formed upon. Therefore you have effectively killed everything that that person was, leaving even less than a (as-you-say) 'blank slate'. At that point, you aren't even YOU anymore. It's like deciding to donate crucial organs to a baby while you are still alive, killing yourself to allow them to live. The net result is effectively identical, as 'you' cease to exist. The framework doesn't stay exactly the same, waiting for you to fill it back up with happier memories.

I'm guessing you probably ascribe to most of a person's personality being decided innately (their nature), while their environment (nurturing) decides how comfortable they feel with their own nature. I do not believe this. In my opinion, our interaction with others and memories are just as important as any innate chemical processes in the body (not to mention how the brain can develop slightly differently based on available nutrients and education exposure - forming a slightly different 'blank slate' for your memories to be written upon). It just makes no sense otherwise - like saying a brain injury can't impact your personality.

On another note, if a personality truely was some innate thing, then regressing some criminals would be a lost cause. It implies that, due to nothing but their own nature, some criminals would always become criminals. Which makes that aspect of this story ineffective and is a poor message for anyone who ever longed for redemption and change.

Still a good enough fic, though.

Did anyone else think of Boss Baby when they read the description?

Oh please tell me the prince is called Peter Pan!!? That would be so great!!!

a beautiful ending I do say so myself, bravo brava!

Login or register to comment