• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,728 Views, 14 Comments

Pink Diamonds: A RariPie Prompt Tag Collab - Starlight Shadow



A collection of short prompts from the RariPie group. Warning: copious amounts of d'aaawww.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,728

First - matcha cheesecake

Bed made? Check.

Coat groomed? Check.

Mane curled into perfection?

I scrutinize my reflection for any errant strands, but there are none of course. I expect nothing but the most fabulous perfection from myself, especially when it comes to making first impressions, as is the agenda of the day. One's first day in junior high comes only once in a lifetime, after all.

Sunbeams are shining through some wispy clouds, washing Ponyville in a soft morning light. This is definitely my kind of weather, not too cloudy but not scorching either. The pegasi have simply outdone themselves with this level of fair weather. I trot down Main Street, pleasantly greeting ponies as I pass.

This day is totally shaping up to be perfect!

SPLAT!

Sweet Celestia, what is a horrid sound! It's like when some kind of sticky oozy substance hits your coat and the stains will take forever to get off. Something warm seems to be dripping down my chest, and is that the divine scent of Belgian chocolate I smell?

“Ohmigosh! I am super-duper sorry about that! Here, lemme help you clean up!”

Something warm is moving down my chest again. Warm and wet and SUN AND MOON! SOMEPONY'S LICKING ME!

“Mm-hmm! That was the best lava cake EVER!” The perpetrator beams at me. How dare she! Who smiles after assaulting somepony with cake then licking the messy remains?

"That was the most disgusting!" I growl.

“Aww, but I thought I finally got the recipe right!”

“Not. The. Cake!”

“Oh. Well, at least you won’t have to walk around looking like a giant lava cake fell on you!” She's still grinning at me as if we're good friends chatting about the latest gossip. My Gods, I want to smack that smile off her face! “I’m Pinkie Pie, by the way. What’s your name?” Whatever, filly. I am outta here! Good riddance! “Um, I didn’t quite catch your name.”

“Because I didn’t give it.”

“Silly, you don’t have to give me your name. I already have one and it’s Pinkie!” So instead of smacking the crazy pink filly following me, I end up smacking myself on the forehead. Repeatedly. Well perhaps this is just a nightmare I'll be waking up from any second now... Any second... “Oooh~ Where are we going? I’m new in town, so I don’t know where all the cool kids hang out yet. Oh! I know! Maybe I should throw a party and invite everypony and--”

Damn, it's real.