• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,720 Views, 14 Comments

Pink Diamonds: A RariPie Prompt Tag Collab - Starlight Shadow



A collection of short prompts from the RariPie group. Warning: copious amounts of d'aaawww.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,720

Secrets - matcha cheesecake

My dearest Pinkie Pie,

I am sure right now you are rather confused as to who would send you a bouquet of the freshest red camellias on Hearts and Hooves Day, yet not have the daring to do so personally. Please forgive me for being presumptuous and cowardly in my confession.

You are such a wonderful mare, Pinkie Pie. You brighten my life as much as Celestia’s sun would brighten the world each morning. Unfortunately, that is also the reason why I cannot come forward. You shine so beautifully that I fear tarnishing that light. I admit I am not the best at being agreeable or adventurous, so I am afraid I might just hold you back. Again, please forgive me for my cowardice in deciding to love you in silence.

Yes, I love you. I love you more than these silly words and flowers can express. Sometimes, I wish I could show you just how much you mean to me and what you mean to my life, but... For now, this should be enough.

Sincerely,
your elusive secret admirer

*

Rarity woke up to an incessant knocking on her bedroom window. Grumbling, she threw off her sleep mask and trotted to the window, ready to berate Rainbow Dash for the hypocrisy of disrupting somepony else’s sleep in time. Who else would knock on the window instead of the door, after all?

To her surprise, she found a pink earth pony tangled in balloons and streamers. She held a bouquet of red-orange blossoms with her mouth.

“Pinkie Pie, what in Equestria are you...?” Rarity shook her head when Pinkie started mumbling through flowers. “Look, just come inside first. Then you can explain.”

As soon as she set foot in Rarity’s bedroom, Pinkie Pie carefully laid the bouquet at Rarity’s hooves and spoke the words of a famous poem:

I choose to love you in silence
for in my silence, I find no rejection
I choose to love you in my loneliness
for in my loneliness, no one owns you but I
I choose to adore you from a distance
for distance shields us both from pain
I choose to kiss you on the wind
for the wind is gentler than my lips
I choose to hold you only in my dreams
for in my dreams, there is no end

“Pinkie Pie, I...” Rarity felt her cheeks burn strong enough to show on her face. She briefly wondered if Pinkie was blushing too, as the other mare’s coloration lent well to hiding such things from sight. Sighing, she continued, “I’m sorry, I didn't quite understand what you’re trying to say, darling.”

At this, Pinkie Pie simply chuckled. "Silly Rarity. I’m saying I love you, too!”