• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,720 Views, 14 Comments

Pink Diamonds: A RariPie Prompt Tag Collab - Starlight Shadow



A collection of short prompts from the RariPie group. Warning: copious amounts of d'aaawww.

  • ...
12
 14
 1,720

Prayer - Starlight Shadow

"Do you, Pinkamena Diane Pie, take Rarity Belle..."

I'm barely listening to the priest. I still can't believe it's really happening. That me and Pinkie Pie are getting married, and her hair had actually obeyed the stylist. It had been tied into a plait that fell over one shoulder, with a crown of aqua blue flowers sitting on top of her head. Her dress was creamy white and hugged her curves, the skirt flowing. She looked beautiful.

I had proposed, at Sugarcube Corner late at night, when the world didn't exist and there was nothing but us. I'll never forget it. I told her that I loved her more than anypony else, and I couldn't think of anypony who I'd rather spend my whole life with. That she always made me smile and made the worst day worthwhile. I meant every word of my little speech.

"Gosh, Rare, you really mean all that?" Pinkie blushed.

I smiled. "Yes."

And then I took out the little black box that held the rest of our life, got down on one knee, and asked for her hoof in marriage. She said yes, and made such a ruckus that the whole neighborhood woke up. Pinkie had shouted the news to everyone that came to Sugarcube Corner wondering what the fuss was, and then she conjured her party cannon from nowhere and fired it into the sky. Everypony cheered.

"Do you, Rarity Belle, take Pinkamena Diane Pie to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and health?"

Pinkie looked me right in the eye. Do it. I smiled and nodded. "I do."