• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 1,294 Views, 30 Comments

Humans and Ponies Don't Mix - Masked_Frenchman



Hector had everything he wanted in life. An awesome job, a beautiful and kind girl friend, and a nice house. Then everything changed after the accident.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,294

Not Waking up in a Hospital Bed

Chapter 1: Not Waking up in a Hospital Bed

“Mr. Salvator, our stock option just dropped!” A man with a black business suit with a red tie looks up from his desk that held a small stack of paper work. He moved his long, brown hair to the side and looked at the man in the eyes with his own sapphire blue ones. He shifted his toned figure to look at the co-worker better.

“You get the notifications before they are posted, correct?” The man nodded hesitantly. “Good, go back and pull out our stocks and put them under a new category. It’s a glitch in the system I found. Since we get updates before they are posted, we can move our stocks around before they are set in stone,” The man smiled brightly down at him with glee.

“Sir. . . that is genius! How did you find the glitch?” He smiled humbly and waved his hand at him.

“That is my job. My computer skills and company organization procedures is what has given me the position that I have today. It’s also the same reason why I am your boss,” The man laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head.

“I suppose you are right. I will tell them to switch stock placements,” He nodded to him and left. Hector smiled cheerfully and leaned back stretching in his chair.

“Just another day at the office,”

Hector Salvator works for a small video game company called Raven Co. that has been increasing in size at a rapid pace ever since he came into office. He is a natural with computer software of all kinds and can build top brand computers from scratch with household items.

He graduated a year early from school due to his grades. He started his second year of college at the age of seventeen, working on college assignments over the summer even during his last year of high school. He was to be the next Einstein as his class kept saying, a computer wizard. Hell, he could give Bill Gates a run for his money, maybe even surpass him.

He had a beautiful girl friend who was a writer. Nothing amazing, but she had gotten a couple of her books as best sellers. Her name was Tiffa Cardner. She had been friends with him for many years until they decided to take it a step further and started dating six months ago. They had been happily in love ever since.

They live in a royal blue house in the city of Columbus Ohio. They had money, happiness, and of course each other. Everything was going exactly they had always hoped. They had everything they could ask for and then some.

Hector packed away his things for the end of his shift, changing into his usual brown over coat and black scarf that his mother had made him long ago. Outside a window he could see a snow storm was forming. He took note of it and hurried to his car. He felt a vibration in his pants pocket, alerting him that someone was calling him on his phone.

He smiled a bit, knowing his girlfriend loved to talk to him as soon as he got out of work. She was great at the timing without missing a beat. He reached in and pulled out his cell phone with one hand and his keys in another.

“Hello, this is Hector Salvator,” said Hector as he flipped his phone open, answering in his usual business tone in case it was work.

“Well don’t you just sound so professional. It’s kinda sexy,” Hector chuckled a bit at that.

“Hey there, baby girl. How was your day today?”

“Oh you know, same old. I got some work done but I got writers block,” Hector shook his head, unlocking his car door to his jet black corvet, his old time favorite car he got for a sweet deal.

“I see, so when I get home, maybe I can help with a little. . . ‘release’,” He heard a girly giggle come through the other end.

“Well don’t you just feel lucky tonight? Well if you get home quickly, I just might need your help,” Hector smirked with confidence, cracking his neck a couple times and got in his car.

“I will be there in twenty minutes!”

“Make it ten and I’ll even add in your. . . favorite position. I’ll see you soon,” The phone went quiet and he closed his phone. They normally didn’t say good bye since he doesn’t do it back most of the time. He closed his phone and tossed it to the side. He turned on the ignition and lights, rev’ed up his car, and spun off. Outside the snow was starting to come down hard.

“About five minutes before the storm hits. Challenge accepted!” He put the petal to the metal and floored it, skidding off down the road. He wore a firm, strong smile as he sped down the highway, switching gears at rapid fire. He was getting lucky tonight, and he didn’t mind a little danger. He was a good driver so he knew he would be fine.

Hector’s phone vibrated in the seat next to him. He glanced over at it for a moment but returned his eyes to the road. He may be a good driver but using his phone and driving was something he never did. He pulled out of the highway and continued his way back home.

“Almost there. I can make it! three minutes left!” he said to himself with a smirk. He continued the way until his phone vibrated again. “She never calls twice unless it’s important, I better take this one,”

He noted a truck pulling onto the same road as him and he reached for his cell phone, keeping his eyes on the road. The phone was unfortunately out of his reach. He turned towards the phone and leaned forward more. He grabbed the phone with a victorious smile.

“Aha! I got you!” Hector flipped the phone to answer the call. “Hey baby, what’s up? I’m almost-” He turned back towards the road just in time to see the truck on his side of the road, trying to maintain control and squealing their tires. He tried to turn and slow down but the roads were covered in a layer of snow, making the roads slippery.

“Dame it!” Hector screamed as he saw the collision coming. Everything slowed down before him, the truck speeding towards him, the phone in his hand, the wheel in the other, the snow almost freezing in mid fall. He closed his eyes to embrace what was to come.

He heard the truck crash into his corvet. He felt the sudden stop. He smelt the burnt rubber, but then their was nothing, no sound could be heard, he felt a sudden wave of pain and some blood dripping down from his head.

Hector opened his eyes and found himself leaning back into his seat. He couldn’t move, his body refusing to obey his commands. He felt a chill running down his cheek and spine. He could hear someone talking from the floor of his car, but couldn’t see the source. Some straw snow slowly rolled across his face.

“Well. . . not so. . . lucky night,” He whispered under his breath with a fake smile. Blood ran down past his lips and covered one of his eyes. He smiled weakly and tried to move, but was hit hard by the pain, preventing his wanted movement.

Hector slowly closed his eyes as he felt so very weak. He took one more deep breath before feeling deaths sweet, caring embrace as the pain faded away from his figure. He heard his girlfriend’s voice from his voice in the back ground.

“Hector? Hector? What happened? Are you ok?” Of course he couldn’t answer back, no matter how badly he wanted to. He gave a weak attempt to open his eyes but failed. Her voice started fading into the darkness that enclosed him.

“Hector! Please say something, I just heard a car accident down the road. Hector?! Please say something, anything! Hector?! HECTOR!”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hector Salvator felt the void around him. He couldn’t hear anything, nor see nor feel. Darkness was his only guest in the new world.

“I’m guessing I died, huh? I lived a good life, I just wish I could have said good bye,” He closed his eyes and simply focused on everything he had ever done. His sixteenth birthday party and his first car, his first kiss, losing his virginity, taking his girlfriend’s virginity, getting his first job, buying his house, his girl friend.

“Tiffa. . . god do I love you,” He started feeling something hard pressed up against his back, like as if he was lying down now.

“Tiffa? Who is Tiffa?”

“Are you ok you poor creature?”

“What exactly is he?”

Voices, Hector could hear voices around him. They sounded like a bunch of girls. He tried to slowly move but all he felt was some soreness.

“Where am I?” Hector whispered weakly. He heard a couple gasps around him.

“Oh my, the ruffian actually talked!”

“Well I told ya’ll he was mumbling but ya’ll wouldn’t believe me,”

“Well I know you aren’t a liar, AJ,”

“Well that’s cause ya were snoring in a cloud when ah found it,” Hector tried to get up but felt more pain in his chest. He felt something solid press down on his chest, laying him back down.

“Don’t move, you fell from quite the height. You appear to be injured but unfortunately I do not have any medical magic to heal you,” Medical magic? What the hell are they talking about? Hector asked himself in thought. “You are in Ponyville. Have you ever heard of it before?”

Hector thought to himself but he couldn’t paint a picture, but it sounded like he has heard of the name before.

“No, I don’t think so,” He struggled to get his eyes open but when he did all he saw was a blend of colors and blurs.

“Well, it looks like he is awake now! Eypee! We should throw it a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party,”

“Well what is he then? It is a he. . . right?”

“Well, yes. . . I think so. He sounds like a male,”

“What are you guys talking about?” There was silence around him. He could see faces now, turning to one another, although something seemed off about them.

“Well we are just trying to figure out what you are,” Hector grunted in annoyance and pain.

“I’m a human genius! What do you think I am?” Silence greeted him once more in reply. His vision was starting to fix itself and he could see six figures surrounding him in his line of focus.

“What exactly is a human?” Hector raised an eyebrow at that.

“Well it’s what you all are you-” His vision fixed itself finally and what he saw made his jaw drop. He was surrounded by a group of horses. Two had wings, two of them had horns, and the last two appeared to be normal looking horses, ignoring the weird colors of course. “What the hell?!” They turned to each other a little confused and concerned.

“Do you think he doesn’t remember anything, Twilight?” A pink and happy looking pony asked in curiosity.

They all looked back at Hector and studied him. A blue pegasus lowered herself to the ground and walked up to him, studying him like he was a mysterious artifact.

“He must be one of those fancy types if he is wearing clothes,” A white unicorn rolled her eyes with a rude tone.

“With that attire, of course not! His attire just looks like a simple attire for a small business,”

“Hey! Raven Co. is getting bigger and bigger and has been working on some high end projects recently. We have several locations that we can be found!” Hector shook his head and put his fingers on his temples, making small circles around them. “Oh I’m getting a headache. What the hell are you?” The purple one looked around the others and returned her gaze on him.

“We didn’t mean to upset you, I am sorry,” She walked up to Hector and leaned down to him. “We are ponies, well we have different races of ponies but we work together to-” Hector waved his hand at her.

“Ok, ok, I get it,” A tannish pony with a cowboy hat walked up to him with a smug look.

“Do you really understand or are you just saying that?” Hector stared at her in anger.

“Look, what do you expect from me? All I know is I got hit by-” His expression froze at his words then they slowly faded away and were replaced with sadness. “I got hit by a truck coming home. I should be dead, but instead I ended up coming here,” They listened carefully, now understanding his confusion.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know how you got here. All I know is that we found you laying on the ground with bruises and a bandage over your head,” Hector looked at the purple pony a little while longer and raised his hand up to his head, feeling the bandages on it. He couldn’t figure out why it was there.

“Well, no matter how you got here, welcome to Ponyville!” Cried out the pink pony who then threw up a bunch of confetti into the air which slowly drifted to the ground. Hector was not impressed and was a bit annoyed from it.

“Thanks, now how do I get back to where I was from?” The purple pony wore a sad expression of her own.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know where you came from let alone how to bring you back,”

“So what you are saying is. . . is that I’m stuck here?” She nodded back at him. He let out a breath of frustration past his lips and closed his eyes. “So I am completely screwed,”

“Well ah don’t know what that last remark means, but we don’ mind lendin you a helping hoof if you need it,” Hector looked up to her in confusion?”

“Helping hoof?” The pink one jumped over to him with a large smile.

“Of course! I’ve never saw you before so I don’t know you. I know everypony in Ponyville so if you’re new then that means you don’t have any friends, and if you don’t have any friends then that means you must feel really lonely!”

“No, I don’t need friends. Never had too many of them. All they are good for is-” Before he could finish his sentence he was grabbed by the pink, hyperactive pony.

“Everything! It is so much fun to eat with your friends, to play with your friends, to party with your friends,”

“Yeah, I am not the social type ok, so back off please,” The pink pony let go to bounce around them in a large circle. Hector watched her for a bit but shook his head. “Anyway, I have no money, no job, no place, I have nothing. Is there like some sort of homeless shelter I can stay at for a week or so?”

“There ain’t no place like the around here. But ah have a barn you can sleep in till we figure out what to do with you,” The yellow pegasus one took a few cautious steps towards Hector, hiding behind her pink hair.

“Ummm, well, he can sleep. . . at my place. I mean I think I can learn about him and what he is,” The other pegasus flew over to her, making a blockade with herself using her wings and arms.

“What?! No! You can’t have that thing live with you. Who knows what it could do!” Hector felt his anger raising. They were treating him like some sort of animal.

“Look, I am not a savage dog! I am a human, not a wild animal. Look I don’t care about any of this crap, I’ll find my own place to sleep!” Hector got up slowly from his spot and fell right back onto his knees. Pain shot up through him.

“But you are injured! Oh please let me take care of you. I promise that I’ll-”

“I said I got it,” He looked down at the ground and saw his backpack. Odd, I could have sworn I left that at home. I do tend to forget about bring it though. He bent down and picked up his bag, slinging it around onto his back.

“I’m sorry that we offended you, we didn’t mean to. Let’s just relax, take a deep breath, and try to figure out how to fix the problem,” The purple one explained calmly. Hector shook his head.

“I don’t need the help. Thanks anyway,” Hector With a quick bow, he headed off in a random direction, feeling his sores with every step of the way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“I knew it! A human!” Lyra almost shouted out. She ducked back down under a bush and snickered with glee under her breath. Bon Bon rolled her eyes.

“Honestly Lyra, I know you have always wanted to meet a human, but don’t you think that approaching him is a bad idea? I mean what if he is dangerous? What if he is rabid or if he is carrying a virus or something? He isn’t from around here,” Lyra stopped her snickering and looked at her friend.

“Look, just because we don’t know anything about this human, doesn’t mean that we should fear him. I mean who knows what he is capable of! He could grab things, he could get stuff from way high up, oh the possibilities are completely endless!”

“Umm, I don’t think he can do that much more. I mean come on, dragons have those claws, they are just like his hands,”

“Yeah but he can be really gentle and not leave claw marks when he grabs stuff,”

“Spike doesn’t leave claw marks when he grabs stuff,”

“Well he isn’t a real dragon,” Bon Bon closed her eyes and shook her head. She took a couple deep breaths and looked back up to Lyra.

“Lyra, you’re not thinking clearly. We should play it safe on this one, please trust me,” Bon Bon looked away from Lyra and gazed up into the sky. “Yes it’s true, we don’t know anything about it and yes, he could be friendly and kind, but he could be. You need to try and think before you act. Just try to watch him from afar for now,” She looked back down but Lyra was gone.

“Lyra?” Bon Bon called out quietly. She looked up to find the human walking down to the river bed, Lyra hot on his trail with a big, blissful smile. “Lyra you idiot! Does anything I say actually stick to your brain?!”

Author's Note:

Hello everyone. As you can see I have created yet another new story. I am getting stuck with all of my other stories so this is one of my back ups. A story that I write in case I have writers block for the others. So I will be writing in this one to make sure my brain doesn't get soft on me and can stay focused and hard working. Yes it is a HIE (Human in Equestria) story but I have read quite a few of those, and now I have an idea on how to make it different, a little unique :raritywink: So I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Hope to see you in the future chapters ahead. I hope you have a great morning/day/evening. As always, bye bye for now :twilightsmile: