• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 30 Comments

Humans and Ponies Don't Mix - Masked_Frenchman



Hector had everything he wanted in life. An awesome job, a beautiful and kind girl friend, and a nice house. Then everything changed after the accident.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,301

A Broken Bone Sent From a Broken Promise

Fluttershy zipped through the Everfree Forest as if her life depended on it. Tears rolled down her eyes as she dodged every tree she could, occasionally getting wiped by a small branch every so often. She dared not look back, she dared not speak, she dared not slow down. She burst through the tree line like a comet and shot up towards the skies.

“RAINBOW DAAAAAAAASH!!!!!!!” She screamed with the very last bit of breath left in her lungs. She inhaled deeply and slowed down her breathing and raised her hooves up to her mouth. “GIIIIIIIIIIRLS!!!!! HEEEEEEELLLLLPPP!!!!”

Rainbow Dash skidded to a halt in mid air and shot back. She saw Fluttershy in a panic and darted at her quickly. She stopped in front of her distressed friend with concern.

“Fluttershy, what’s wrong? You look like you just out-” Fluttershy gripped onto Rainbow Dash and shook her with freight, tears rolling down her face as she started to bawl.

“He’s in there!! The human, he’s in danger! He ran in, and I. . . I tried to stop him! Timber wolves. . they just-” Rainbow dash put a hoof to her frightened friend’s lips with confidence.

“Hey, don’t sweat it, I got this! You go get the others. I’ll go save him,” proclaimed Rainbow Dash with a strong smirk.

“B-but the timber wolves have him surrounded! They’re so many of them, you can’t just-”

“I said I got this!” Rainbow Dash interrupted. Fluttershy stopped mid sentence and stared into her friend’s magenta eyes. She smiled in return, moving the hoof to her shoulder. “Come on, when have I ever left you hanging? Hmmm? I’ll get him out of their in ten seconds flat!” Rainbow Dash declared with a strong, brave smile that radiated with confidence, as it usually did. Before Fluttershy could respond, Rainbow Dash leaned back and zipped right past here, creating a gust of wind in her wake. She looked towards the direction of where her dear friend went and nodded with a firm stare.

“I believe in you, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy whispered faintly to herself and she flew off to find Twilight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“AHHHHH!!!! Damn it!!!” Hector cried out in pain as he was slammed into a tree, the jaws of a timber wolf snapping right in front of his face. Hector grunted in pain and annoyance as he struggled to pry the creature off of himself and threw it the beast to the side. It slammed into another timber wolf and they both crumbled away into pieces. Hector leaned against the tree, panting towards the ever growing pack of timber wolves who stood in his way, snarling and snapping at him.

“This is complete bull crap. Every time I knock them down, they just get back up! That dumb horse should be gone by now, if I could run I would,” One jumped at him but he quickly spartan kicked it in the face, shattering it. “Sadly that is just not an option now is it! How about we just call this a draw? How about it guys?” A pair of them leaned back and lunged at him in response. He dodged one but the other pounced onto him and pinned him to the ground.

“I guess that’s a maybe?” The timber wolf bit down into his shoulder but didn’t get in too deep before Hector managed to pry it off. “Take. . . me out. . . to dinner first. . . big boy!” With a knee and a right hook, the creature dispersed. Hector didn’t have a breath to spare before the other jumped again after him. hector planted his right foot into it’s chest and flung him over, crashing it into another tree and broke apart. Another charged for the kill but he slammed that same foot down onto it’s head, shattering it.

“Come on, I got all day!” He got back up just in time to dodge a charge and roundhouse kicked another upside the head. “Too slow, puppy,” He then spun on that leg but his leg gave out and he fell, missing his shot. He shouted in pain as he fell to one knee. Upon examination, he saw his socks were drenched in blood and started soaking into his shoes. While he was distracted, Hector saw a brown and green blur shooting for him. He kicked it as hard as he could, but he was far too hurt and didn’t even push it off. The wolf landed on him and opened it’s mouth wide to shout at him.

“Oh my, what big teeth you have, ya cock sucker!” He slammed his fist into it’s mouth and it fell apart on him. He crawled back to his feet but he had to lean against a boulder. They circled around him and he tried to keep his eyes on all of them. “Well, let’s make this good guys, come on!” He grabbed a long branch and with a single punch, broke a piece of it and swung it around like a staff.

“If I’m going down, I’m going down like a champ! Bring it, you worthless dogs!” They snarled in rage at him and all at the same time, they all charged in for the kill. Hector narrowed his eyes in a serious glare and swung with all of his might. He managed to eliminate the first row of attackers, but the next was right behind them. There was no way he could change the direction of the force so quickly, and he knew he was done for. He brought the stick up for one last strike, but as he did, he felt something grab him really really quick and everything was just a blur all around him.

“What the fu-” Hector looked up to see what grabbed him, and the blue pegasus had him in her arms, grunting and flying quickly.

“You know. . . you could lose a few pounds,” She glanced down at him with a half smirk. “Just saying,” Hector glared up at her annoyed.

“God damn it! I’ve had enough of-” Hector started to shout out furiously. Before he could finish though, he felt a small branch smack him across the face, cutting him even further. “Ow! Watch where you’re flying, you crazy, flying horse!” His rescuer glared down at him for that, in which he glared back up at her.

“Listen you, I am kinda saving you at the moment, show some gratitude, bucko,” She grunted as she tried to lift him up a bit higher, struggling. “I’m not se to carrying something as big and as heavy as you,” The flying pony lifted him up just a little more as they cleared the forest and she dropped him onto the ground, making him roll onto the ground.

Hector rolled onto the ground roughly, every inch of rolling shot up powerful pain all throughout his whole body. He shouted and cried out until he finally stopped. His saviour turned back around sharply and looked down at him.

“Oh stop your complaining, you big baby! I didn’t drop you that-” Her frustrated expression dropped as she looked him over. Her narrowed eyes opened wide in horror as her eyes slowly scanned down his body. She slowly brought her front hooves to her jaw dropping mouth. “Oh my Celestia! They got you bad!”

“What? Is it really that bad?” He glanced down and tried to follow her gaze. His shirt was torn up so badly they looked more like bloody rags. His pants had cuts and rips all throughout here and there, but could be stitched back up. As he looked at it, he could feel the pain in him once more and slammed his head back in pain, gritting his teeth. “Ohhh that feels just. . . . lovely! I’m gonna be sore in the morning,”

“Hang on, let me get some help, just stay here!”

“Oh no, I was hoping to go for a jog through town, or get an ice cream, or maybe I’ll go hiking through- OF COURSE I’M GONNA STAY RIGHT HERE!!!” Hector yelled in anger and pain and he settled back down, panting. The tomboy-ish pony rolled her eyes and started to fly away, but stopped.

“Twilight! Over here!”

“Twilight?” Hector whispered. He looked up to see the lavender pony with a horn and wings. “Oh. . . right. . . forgot about her,” The pony called Twilight was flying over until she saw Hector, then she just appeared right in front of him, startling him. “Sweet Jesus! How did you do that?!”

“Never mind that, you are hurt, badly! Fluttershy told me what happened. That was really stupid of you to do. . . but it was brave, thank you,” Twilight smiled over him and then looked over his body. Hector’s vision was blurring up, fading in and out from the darkness of slumber threatening to take over. Even the voices around him were fading, as if they were entering a tunnel. “Rainbow Dash, I need you. . . . . . carefully and. . . . . . Fluttershy’s house,”

Hector tried to stay awake as long as he could, but he was losing his grip. He tasted a bit of blood, which he expected from all of his injuries, and he smiled. He hoped that he would wake up from this dream, and return to his old home. Little did he know, such things are never as they seem.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Wait, he slept in YOUR bed?!” Bon Bon shouted out loud in alarm. Lyra smiled embarrassingly and looked around, seeing everypony around them staring. She laughed nervously and glared back at her best friend.

“Not so loud! Shush! Yes, he did, I slept on the couch,” Lyra explained, her chucks a little red from the outburst.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t believe you did that. I mean, I told you we don’t know what he is, he could be dangerous,” Bon Bon explained to her friend while they sat at the park on one of their favorite benches by the pond. Bon Bon sat like every other pony did, and of course, Lyra did not quite follow that protocol, sitting up right and her legs crossed.

“He isn’t a wild animal, you know! He is actually really nice. We aren’t all that different, besides the fact that he walks on two legs and has those hands. He’s smart, he talks, he sleeps, he eats, he likes OJ and he is funny,” Lyra explained thoroughly, lifting her nose up in the air and her eyes closed. “He is actually rather cute, believe it or not!”

“Lyra!” Bon Bon sighed, shaking her head. “Ok, maybe he’s not an animal, but he is still a stallion, and stallions have needs. You should know after dating Thunder-” Lyra put a hoof in her best friend’s mouth, silencing her on the spot.

“I told you we would never speak of him again, got it?! It didn’t work out, he was a pig, end of story, drop it!” Lyra pulled her hoof back with a sigh, looking away from her. “He cheated on me with Cloud Chaser, and we haven’t talked since then,” She shook away a tear, forcing it back. “There’s nothing to talk about now,”

“Lyra, I’m. . . I’m sorry. You’re right, I didn’t mean to bring up something painful,” Bon Bon looked away from her, glancing up at the sky. “He was a pig, you’re right. What he did was wrong. I was just trying to say that they have needs, physical ones. Even if he may not feel them right now, I’m scared that he will,” She looked back down at her with sympathy. “I am only trying to look out for you. You don’t always make the best choices, you know,”

“I know. . . trust me I know,” Lyra whispered mostly to herself. She slowly turned back towards her with a small, sad smile. “I’ve screwed up in the past, but I know I am right about this one. I’m not saying I want to be his-” She stopped herself due to her heart starting to race. She thought about him, thinking of what it would be like if they were together. Her face lit up with a blush and she forced herself to look away from her earth pony friend. “- I mean, it’s crazy, right? A unicorn. . . and a human. . . . dating. . . I mean, that’s just insane!” Bon Bon narrowed her eyes at her.

“You like him. . . . don’t you Lyra?” Bon Bon said calmly yet firmly, holding her glare at her. The unicorn in question looked back at her with a shy smile.

“That obvious?”

“More obvious than the rising of Celestia’s sun, my friend,”

“Yeah, I thought so,” Lyra hung her head low with a depressed sigh. “Don’t worry about it, though. There is no way he has any interest in me anyway,” Lyra leaned further back in her seat, looking up at the sky. Bon Bon Shook her head at that, sighing.

“Yeah, like that has NEVER happened before,” Bon Bon said to herself as she looked around the park. Lyra turned back with a strange look on her face.

“What. . . . what do you mean by that?” Lyra asked innocently. Bon Bon quickly turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh really? You really don’t know?” Bon Bon asked sternly towards her, holding her raised eyebrow. Lyra shook her head slowly, wearing a look of confusion. Bon Bon faced hoof herself and shook her head. “That is like. . . every story ever. A stallion, not from around her, stuck in a town he’s not familiar in, forced to stay at a mare’s house till he get’s back on his hooves and they slowly develop feelings for one another,” Lyra’s confused expression slowly transformed to that of hope and joy.

“Really? Do you really think that will happen?!” Lyra asked with a large smile on her face, beaming down at her. Bon Bon burst into laughter at her face.

“Oh Celestia no! This isn’t a book or a story! This is really life! That kind of stuff doesn’t exist!” Bon Bon shouted out in a fit of laughter. Discord sat down in his favorite chair in the tree close by above them, chuckling to himself.

“Oh my, what foolish little ponies! Of course this is a story! Of course the earth pony does have a point. Something like that is COMPLETELY clique! I hope the writer is hoping to NOT be so predictable! Even I can see that coming a mile away!” Discord announced to himself, stuffing a claw full of popcorn into his mouth. Pinkie Pie popped out of a branch above him and glared at him furiously.

“DISCORD!! We aren’t supposed to be breaking the fourth wall here! We shook on it that we are just gonna act the part we were given, don’t you remember that?” The pink party pony asked firmly towards the spirit of chaos, who chuckled innocently in reply.

“Oh come now, Pinkie, I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about,” He sighed with a sly smile, lowering his 3D glasses. Pinkie grabbed the fur on his neck and pulled him to her, glaring down at him. His smile disappeared and he now looked at her directly in her eyes with concern.

“Discord! I know you remember that deal!” She responded back aggressively. Discord smirked back at her.

“I also remember crossing my claws behind me while making that promise,”

“Discord!”

“I mean, you don’t really expect me to miss this opportunity like-”

“DISCORD!!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with anger, now shaking him.

“Ok, ok, I get it, stop it!” The mischievous creature demanded. Pinkie Pie held her glare but slowly let him go. “Ok, the least I can do is tone it down. I will stay out of the spotlight and just merely watch with glee. Is that fair?” He asked with a small but polite smile. The pink earth pony nodded and relaxed her glare a bit.

“Ok, I suppose that’s ok. You better go through with it this time,” She demanded gently, relaxing now. Discord smiled back and nodded.

“I promise that I will,” He assured her with a charming smile. She nodded back and slowly disappeared into the branch. Discord chuckled with an evil grin as he lifted his tail, the claws on it entwined with one another. “Never trust the spirit of chaos! I don’t plan on stopping any time soon!”

Discord looked over at the readers and laughed menacingly. He put another claw full of popcorn into his mouth and rose the 3D glasses back over his eyes.

“Trust me, you all will be seeing me often. I’m sure we will get along famously! Things are going to get really good! In fact, just wait when you guys find out that Hector is actually-” Suddenly the branch above him started shaking. Before DIscord could look up, Pinkie Pie jumped out of it and tackled him, launching him out of the tree they were in.

“DISCORD!!! YOU PROMISED!!!!” They landed hard onto the ground, landing with a loud THUD! Discord tried to get away, starting to make a run for it.

“Pinkie! I swear it was just a joke! Please, I’m sorry, I’ll stop, I swear!” Discord pleaded with fear, but the pink pony did not react. She knocked him back down onto the ground, making him land on his stomach with both arms extended out.

“Oh no you don’t! You’re gonna pay for this!!” She grabbed his legs and started to drag him into a bush. Discord dug his claws into the dirt but it merely slowed her down. She tugged and dragged him slowly into the bush without mercy. Discord looked up at the readers with pure fear implanted on his face.

“You gotta help me! Please! She’s lost it! Come on! Help meeeeeeee!!!!” His voice trailed off as he slowly disappeared into the bush. His screams could still be heard within the bush. Pinkie Pie poked her head out and smiled at the crowd.

“Sorry guys, please ignore him. He likes to be a little bit of a troll. Let me see if I can persuade him to behave. Thanks for reading this chapter. The next one will be out shortly!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with a big, friendly, cheerful smile. “Now if you guys will excuse me, I have to have a little. . . ‘talk’ with my friend here,” She slowly lowered herself back into the bush.

“Come now, Pinkie, we can be reasonable here! Let’s talk this out. Wait. . . Pinkie. . . where did you. . . oh sweet Celestia, where did you get that?!” A chainsaw could be heard starting up, the deadly device could be heard revving up a few times before it’s mechanical roar cried out. All of the ponies in the park stared at the bush questioningly. “What are you going to do with that?! Pinkie? Pinkie why are you looking at me like that?! What are you doing?! No, NO! No no no, not in the face! NOT IN THE FACE!!!”

Author's Note:

Hello everypony! I have been gone for a while due to me moving and waiting to set up internet. I tried to do some writing at the library, but it took forever to do anything with an hour a day. I got internet back, and I plan to continue writing again. Please forgive me if I take a while to send out more chapters, I have a few months of rust to shake off :raritywink: I am happy to be back, everyone, and I'm glad to be back in business on making people happy again with my stories! :twilightsmile: Hopefully Discord here will learn to break a promise with Pinkie Pie. We all know that is a bad idea, am I right? :rainbowlaugh: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope to see you guys in the future chapters ahead, and I hope you all have a wonderful morning/day/evening. Happy New Years (Even if I am a bit late :derpytongue2: ) and see you guys later! :twilightsmile: