• Published 18th Aug 2014
  • 1,442 Views, 13 Comments

A changed Changeling. - Sylif Daring Doo



Sound Shock was a Changeling sabatour sent to disrupt the defense of canterlot in time for the invasion but he fell in love and abandoned his mission to live his new life.

  • ...
14
 13
 1,442

Prologue: beginnings

In the Canterlot middle district was a changeling named Sound shock a sabatour sent to disrupt the gaurd stations before the invasion which was five months away.

Sound shock walked through the market after altering some gaurd routes which would cause confusion and allow more infiltrators into the city.

Soon after Sound started humming happily some stared at him but he did not mind because after a week in the city he fell in love and as he entered his home he locked the door and screamed. "SHE SAID YES HAHA." Sound yelled.

After two months of being in canterlot he fell in started dating a mare called Roseluck and after another two months he proposed which led to today in fact he was so happy he forgot his mission.




_____________*four months later*_____________

Roseluck walked into the bedroom plopped down on the bed and shook her husband.

"Hey Sound I'm going to work see you soon ok?" Roseluck said. "Mmhmm I'm heading out too just give me a minute." He replied.

"You might want to put your disguise on though." She teased. "Huh what do you..." Sound looked at himself and saw he released his disguise.

"Craaap." Sound moaned. He then put his disguise on and went for some juice and Roseluck followed. "You know most ponies would go to turn me in if they knew I was a changeling." Sound said.

Roseluck smiled. "Yes but I accepted you for it didn't I.... well I have to go someone has to manage the shop." Roseluck said. She then kissed her husband and left the house to open her shop.

Sound chuckled then left the house locked it then went to work. While walking he saw that a barrier rose up and he... being trained in sabotage knew that it was an anti changeling barrier if it had not been cast directly above him he would have been sent flying through the air.

So he decided to keep walking to work and continue his new life.



_______________*three weeks later*________________

The invasion was roaring and Sound was asleep and Rose just in the next room when a magical burst of energy exploded and Sound was thrown onto the wall and he woke up quickly. "OW OW OW OW OW!" Sound yelled. Roseluck burst into the room only to see Sound thrown through the wall leaving a giant hole. "Sound! Oh my god please be okay." Roseluck pleaded.


___________*one hour later*____________


Sound woke up and his whole body hurt badly but he managed to take a look at his surrounding. He saw that he was in a cell and immediately guessed he was in the Canterlot dungeons. "Ahh buck....Hey someone want to tell me want going on here!" Sound called. He then looked at himself and saw he was in his true form..... a changeling. "Oh that's what." Sound said. He sighed then he sat down in the middle of the cell until something happened.



After a time a guard walked by then looked into the cell. "Oh good your awake. The guard said coldly. Sound stood up and walked to the door.


Sound sighed and looked at the guard. "What do you want?" Sound asked.

"You are to follow me for interrogation immediately changeling." The guard answered.


"Lead the way then." He said. Sound and the guard walked for a time until they reached the interrogation room. "Inside." The guard said. Sound walked inside and saw no one was in the room but him.


After five minutes the door opened and Celestia walked inside the room. "So you are the one that the guards were so shaken up about." She said.


Sound sighed. "Yep that would be me I guess." He said. "Shall we skip introductions and get down to business?" Celestia suggested.

"Sure why not go ahead ask away." Sound said. "Very well let's begin.....how long have you been here?" She asked.

"Seven months." He replied. "How did you stay inside the city after the barrier was put up." She asked.

"I was under the caster when it was first put up basically under one of the castles platforms." He answered.

"What was your mission?" She asked. "Sabotage." He replied. "Who were you disguised as?" She asked.

"My own creation." He replied. "Describe it." She asked. "Blue fur...green mane and tail..... Brown eyes......and a saw and wood plank cutie mark." He replied.

"Ok then that will be all for now." She said. "Hold on a minute." Sound said. Celestia stopped and turned around. Sound got up slowly and looked at Celestia.

"I want to see my wife." He stated. She looked at him with confusion looked away and started walking again. "I doubt you have one." She said. He looked at her in disgust then a guard came in to take him back to his cell.


____________*Five days later*____________

Sound started to become a little more feral through his time it might not have been long but he was changing and every time he was taken too the interrogation room he would not talk and when ask why he would not speak he said he wanted to see his wife and the response was getting more and more insulting to him. Sound had heard a guard coming and then the guard showed up. "Hey freak get up time for interrogation again you...thing." The guard taunted. In response Sound charged at the cell door and rammed it before calming down.

"Get out changeling." The guard ordered. Sound and the guard walked towards the interrogation room and soon after Sound started talking.


"The result will be the same guard you will interrogate me I will only ask to see my wife you beat me up then you take me back to my cell. He said.


The guard chuckled. "Yea well we have a..specialist when it comes to lies waiting so today we finally get some answers form your lying tongue...changeling." The guard said.

Sound and the guard walked once again to the interrogation room when they reached the door the guard threw Sound into the room and locked it.

Sound rubbed his head. "Ow what the buck was that for?" He said. He looked over and saw a mare standing there looking at him.

"Uh hi?" He said. The mare looked at him and pointed to the chair and motioned him to sit. "So I reckon your the one I was sent here to question?" She said.

Sound sighed and nodded. "Alright then so what is yer name?" She asked. "Sound shock." He said. "Applejack." She said. Applejack held out her hoof and Sound shook it.


"Alright then so I hear you have not talked at all since your first questioning I also heard you keep mentioning a wife so do you have one or not?" Applejack asked.


"Yes I do have a wife that's what I've been saying but no one believes me." He said. Crossing his hooves. Applejack looked at him for a time then spoke. "Can you change into a pony this just feels awkward." She asked.

Sound nodded and changed into his pony form. "Ok then what is yer wife's name?" She asked. "Can I whisper?" He asked.


Applejack nodded as she leaned in and Sound followed suit. "On one condition." He whispered. "And that is?" She whispered back.

"I want to see her afterwards." He stated. "Alright I'll get her but what is her name?" She asked. "Roseluck her name is Roseluck." He said.


Applejack and Sound leaned back and they sat there quietly. Applejack finally broke the silence. "So will you talk more if I bing her here?" Applejack asked. Sound nodded.

Applejack then left the room and told celestia that they needed to bring Roseluck in if Sound was to talk more. "Very well Applejack find this Roseluck and bring her here I want to know everything that changeling knows...." Celestia said.

________*interrogation room*______________

Back at the interrogation room something peculiar happened or somepony happened. "Uhh who are you again?" Sound asked the mare.



"Twilight sparkle and I have soooo many questions for you." She said. Sound looked at the mare in great confusion at the mare for she just barged in and asked about a million questions.


"Uh ook what do you want to know?" He asked and very suddenly he regreted that question. "Ok then what do you eat?" She asked.

"Meat emotions vegetables bread err basically a lot." He said. "Is it hard to transform?" She asked just about instantly. "No and yes." He said.

"How hard is your carapace?" She asked. "A little bit weaker then stone." He said. "How good is your magic and flying skill?" She asked.


"Average with both." He said. "Ook well a what about"....... Twilight said before being cut off. Sound sighed in relief. "Finally the nightmare ends!" He cheered.


"Twi what are you doing?" Applejack asked. "Oh nothing just research on changelings." She replied. "Ok well I'm gonna have to ask ya to leave I have to work." Applejack said. "Ok then I'll see you on the train then bye." Twilight said as she left.

Applejack walked in with Roseluck and she sat down after closing the door while Sound and Roseluck hugged. "I missed you." Sound said. "Not as much as I missed you." Rose replied. Applejack cleared her throat then Sound and Rose sat down. "So Roseluck I assume you know about Sound correct?" Applejack asked.

"Yes I've known before we married why?" She said. "Look you do know you could be charged with harboring a changeling right?" Applejack said.

"I'm aware i knew the risk I was taking." She replied. "Ok then Sound are you ready to proceed?" Applejack asked.

"Yes I am." Sound said. "Very well then." She said. "Is there another invasion about to happen?" Applejack asked.

"No and even if there was I would not know about it I cut myself off from the hive so I could attempt to live a new life." Sound said.


"Is there a way to tell a changeling from pony like a.. Detection spell?" She asked. "Yes there is." He replied. "Do you know how to use it?" She asked.

"Yes I do but I'm not teaching the sunbut upstairs how to do it." He said causing Roseluck to giggle.


"Well then that leaves one last question." She said. "And that is?" He asked. "is there a weakness to changelings?" She asked.


Sound sighed and cursed under his breath. "Yes there was but it does not exist anymore as far as I know." Sound stated.


"Very good wait here please." Applejack said as she left. "Sound are you okay?" Roseluck asked. "Yea I'm fine I just want to know what will happen to us." He said with concern.



__________*one hour later*____________

Applejack entered the interrogation room and saw Rose and Sound siting there. "Ok then you two i have good news and bad news." She said.


They both looked at her. "The good news is neither of you will be banished or killed and you will be coming with me to Ponyville to live out your lives.

"Woohoo" they cheered. "The bad news is however you will both be watched on parole be fined 140 bits per for bail for and well you Sound you will lose your magic and flying ability's and are forbidden from changing your appearance from other than your pony form and your real body." She said sadly.

Sound looked at Applejack with shock. "That's the best you can get I'm sorry." Applejack said.

Sound and Rose looked at each other then back at Applejack the dropped their heads down.

"When do we leave?" Sound asked. "Tomorrow afternoon." Applejack said.

"Ok then we will be there after paying the bail" Roseluck said.

Applejack nodded then left for the train station.




_____________*canterlot train station*______________

"Uh Applejack are you sure they are coming?" Twilight asked. "Yes I'm sure Twi they aren't the type to hide just because of the price they must pay for freedom." She said

"Sooo.... How much was their bail?" Twilight asked. "280 bits total it's a little too much even if he is a changeling." Applejack replied.


Twilight just stared at her friend in shock for a minute before speaking. "Well at least I can ask him about changelings oh it will be fun fun fun." Twilight then started rambling on and on. "Fun for you Twi but probably not him." Applejack replied.

"Huh what do you mean?" Twilight asked. "Ask him yourself Twi." Applejack replied.

Twilight looked at where Applejack was staring at and saw Sound and Rose walking towards the station. "HEY YOU TWO COMING OR WHAT TRAIN IS ABOUT READY TO LEAVE." Applejack yelled.


Sound and Rose then ran quickly towards the train and stopped right in front of Applejack and Twilight. "Hey you two...uh we late?" Sound teased.

Applejack chuckled. "Get on the train it's about to leave." She said. Sound jokingly saluted her and went on the train followed quickly by Twilight who had a notebook with her.

"Let's get on yea?" Applejack said. Rose nodded. "Well it's not like I got a choice do I." She joked.


__________*3 hours later.*___________


Sound got up onto his bunk just trying to get some sleep and recover from Twilights barrage of questions. "Hey Sound you awake?" Roseluck asked.


Sound looked over and saw Rose staring at him. "Yes I'm awake." He said. "What do think will happen?.... to us I mean....you think things can go back to normal?" Rose asked.


Sound went into deep thought. After two minutes he spoke up. "Unless somepony figures me out it will be as normal as it can get." He said.


Rose looked at him then back at the ceiling. "Yea I guess it will." She replied. "Oh crap." Sound said. He facehoofed.

"What is it what's wrong?" She asked. "I have to answer Twilights questions for now on and I can't say no." He said.


"Huh why is that?" She asked. "Applejack told me herself she had forgotten to tell me in jail." He explained.



"Let's just hope her friends are a little more sensible and not as 'insane' as she is." Rose joked.


"I hope so Rose I hope so." He said.

Author's Note:

Tell me what you think please cause I'm banging rocks together to see what happens.


But I hope you enjoy.

Ps. If you dislike please leave a comment why you dislike It and I will do what I can...within reason.