• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 3,691 Views, 218 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Birth of the Doctor - LightOfTriumph



Time Turner is just a watchmaker, until he comes across a Madman with a box.

  • ...
5
 218
 3,691

Vindication of Davros

The TARDIS engine came to a slow halt, Scootaloo rushed for the door.

"Don't open the door!" Apple Bloom scolded. "We have no idea where we are!"

"So how else do you expect to find out?" Scootaloo shot back.

"You have no idea what could be waiting out there for us!" Apple Bloom was starting to lose it. "We could be on a planet where there's no air! Or one filled with evil mutants or-"

"A grotto in the Everfree forest," Sweetie Belle interrupted

The other two paused. "How could you possibly-"

"It says so on the little screen." Sweetie Belle answered, pointing at a monitor on the console. "See?"

The other two looked. The monitor was in fact displaying a map of Ponyville and its surrounding areas. A little to the left of the town, in the area the girls recognized as the Everfree forest, was a blinking icon shaped like the TARDIS.

"Well," Scootaloo began. "That's a little anticlimactic. All of time and space we end up not a full mile from home?"

"Well," Sweetie Belle said. "At least now we know it's safe to go outside! Come on."

The three slowly exited the ship to find themselves in a small atone grotto, in the middle of which was a still clear pool of water.

Apple Bloom examined their surroundings. "You sure we're in the forest, Sweetie Belle? I've been through the forest a bunch of times and I've never seen this place before."

"That's what the TARDIS says," Sweetie Belle said frankly. "My question is why did it bring us here? Why did it open for us? How did it get flying?"

"All good questions," Scootaloo said thoughtfully. "Something really off is going on here..."

"Whatever it is, I wanna get back home," Apple Bloom said. "Let's see if we can get that thing flyin' again."

"Apple Bloom," Scootaloo said. "We could easily walk home."

"And what'll happen to the TARDIS?" Apple Bloom pointed at the box. "If the Doctor finds out we touched that thing-"

A harsh but muffled voice came from the mouth of the cave. "Confirmed. The one identified as Pinkie Pie has sworn that this is the way to activate the pool."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at one another. "That was-" Sweetie Belle started.

"Get back in!" whispered Sweetie Belle in a frenzy.

"Excellent," said another weaker voice. "I only pray that this works."

The girls piled into the TARDIS and peered out the door. They saw an old frail man in a strange wheelchair and three Daleks descend into the cave. "Mirror Pool located. Commence activation!"

The three Daleks circled around the clear water. "That's the Mirror Pond?" Scootaloo whispered.

"Shh!" Sweetie Belle scorned. "You don't want them to hear us!"

"I solemnly swear not to be scared" the Daleks began. "At the prospect of being doubly fair."

The reflections of the Daleks on the pool began to rise up. Three more Daleks took place around the pool.

The man in the chair let out a wheezing laugh. "The vindication of Davros. From three to three thousand. From three thousand to three million. I am so close now, Doctor! So close to the power you spoke of when we first met. I will press my thumb upon the glass now! I will restore the splendor of the Daleks!" The man called Davros began to cackle insanely.

"I am so sad he couldn't be with us," Davros said. "But he will be with us soon. Now that we have his TARDIS."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders swallowed hard as Davros looked at the box and grinned.


Turner, Applejack and the Doctor were walking back to the farm. Time Turner had been asking questions since they had left the crystal tree. "This 'Davros' is their leader?"

"I wouldn't say that," said the Doctor, all too eager to answer. "Davros created them certainly, but he programmed them to not recognize anything as superior to a Dalek. In the end they decided he didn't count. They very nearly killed him. Probably would have done if it weren't for his own genius."

"So wait," Applejack was confused now. "Why does he want to be helpin' them now? And why are the botherin' to keep him around?"

"Well they keep him around because Davros can do the one thing most Daleks can't do," the Doctor answered. "Imagine. Whenever the Daleks needed a new solution Davros always had an answer. As for why he still helps them.... Vanity I suppose. It's the curse of every genius throughout time, the thirst to prove themselves. Put themselves 'up above the gods' as he put it. Brilliant people with hard lives always have that urge."

"You're brilliant," Turner said.

"Thank you," the Doctor said smugly.

"And you've had a hard life." Turner said, ignoring him. "Have you ever-"

"Once," the Doctor said quickly. "A few months ago. I came very close to wandering down that path. I thought I could use time to my own will, shape it to fit my image of right. Thank heaven I came to my senses."

Tapper was out of questions now, he wasn't sure he wanted to know more.

"Now, I have a question for you..." The Doctor stopped and turned to Tim Turner. "What makes you so important?"

Time Turner was puzzled by this question. "I'm not," he answered honestly.

"Oh, yes you are," the Doctor said, staring intently at the beige pony. "That Dalek came straight from the void, into your storeroom. The TARDIS could have landed anywhere but it landed in your attic. Why?"

"Coincidence?" Turner guessed.

"No," the Doctor said. "Because there's something else. Ever since I met you there has been a buzz in the back of my brain. Something almost familiar. Like we've met before but I can't place you, and that doesn't make sense. Because if I had met a talking pony before now I would have remembered. There is a feeling all through me that says that you are something to keep an eye on. So why? What brought me to you? What's making me want to keep you around?"

Time Turner was a little nervous now. "Trust me, Doctor. I'm one of the least remarkable ponies you'll ever meet. If there is a buzzing in the back of you head, I would assume it was the pollen."

The Doctor and Time Turner stared at each other for a moment in silence.

"I know this is gonna sound weird, since you're different species and all," Applejack mused. "But the two of you sorta... look alike."

The Doctor raised an eyebrow, looked at turner, and frowned. "I don't see it."

"Neither do I," said Turner.

A pink pony came up the road in front of them. "Hi, Applejack!!"

"There she is!" Applejack seemed to relax a little. "That filly had me worried sick."

"We'd better get to Twilight's!" the pink pony said. "Apparently we have to meet with some guy about... something. I'm a little fuzzy on the details."

"The meetin's over Pinkie Pie!" Applejack said. "This is the guy she wanted you to talk to!"

"I'm the Doctor, hello!" the Doctor said cheerfully. "You're the one who used the Mirror Pond a few months ago?"

"Yeparooney!" Pinkie said. "You know, it's weird, you're the second one to ask me about that today."

The Doctor's eyes widened. "What?!"

"YOU'RE THE SECOND ONE TO ASK ME ABOUT THAT TODAY!" Pinkie shouted.

"Who was the other one?" Turner said quickly. "Pinkie this is very important!"

"The other one was Mister Dorlek!" Pinkie Pie said. "Nice guy, but he had a tendency to shout a lot."

The Doctor froze. The Daleks knew. The Daleks knew where it was and how to make it work. Time Turner thought it couldn't get much worse than this.

Once again, Time Turner couldn't have been more wrong.

"AJ!" came a deep voice from up the road. Big Mac was galloping toward the group as fast as he could.

"Big Mac!" Applejack said! "What is it?!

"The girls are gone," Big Mac panted. "They're just gone! So is the blue box."

"Where could they have gone to?!" Applejack was beginning to panic.

"They couldn't have flown the TARDIS," the Doctor said, confused.

"There's somethin' else," Big Mac was slowly catching his breath. "There's somethin' in the barn."


After rushing back to the farm, Applejack, Turner and the Doctor, opened the door to the barn to find an unwelcome guest.

"I should've known." the Doctor sighed.

"The Doctor will come with me," said the Dalek. "Or the children will be Exterminated."

Author's Note:

I will dedicate the next chapter to the guy who can tell me what two episodes of the show I directly referenced here.

Bonus points if you can post a video of either conversation.

Please rate and comment!