• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 6,143 Views, 187 Comments

Chaos Incorporated - DontTreadOnMe777777



A Scottish teen chooses to leave his boring life behind and attempt to conquer a new land and its strange inhabitants. And he just might have some fun in the process.

  • ...
16
 187
 6,143

Ricky Gets Put in The Middle of The Inferno (Literally)

Ricky stared at Twilight as the session began, as she prepared her opening statement. Having played the Phoenix Wright games before, Ricky knew exactly how this would go down. Now, the only thing left to do was wait.

“The prosecution may make its opening statement,” Celestia kicked off the proceedings. Twilight cleared her throat before she spoke.

“Earlier today, the defendant, Richard Albert Welfork, arrived in Equestria, after an unexplained magic surge occurred, the origin of which is currently under investigation. After a short walk down the road leading to the town of Ponyville, which a pegasus, who is also a witness, observed, he was stopped by six ponies, myself included. After a quick talk between the two parties involved, the defendant attacked one of the victims, Pinkie Pie, with a weapon which we are currently researching. However, this will also be presented as evidence, along with the projectile it fired, which was what injured the victim. She is currently in the hospital.”

A bag, which held the bloody remnants of a bullet, rose up to the two princesses, who nodded. Ricky’s prized rifle quickly followed, also greeted with a nod. Twilight then cleared her throat before continuing. “After this first attack, he then engaged in a fistfight with the other victim, Rainbow Dash. He promptly traded blows with her, and knocked her unconscious. One pony managed to get the weapon out of the defendant’s hands. She is also a witness in this trial.”

Another breath. “Yet another pony managed to restrain the defendant and subdue him, and he was later booked in the Ponyville jail at approximately 4:18, about 3 hours ago. The prosecution sees no reason to doubt the facts and multiple witnesses present in this case, Your Majesty.”

Celestia nodded. “You may call your first witness, my student.”

Twilight returned the nod, before speaking again. “The prosecution calls Fluttershy to the stand.” Within a few minutes, Fluttershy was on top of the witness’ stand. Apparently, no vows were used in Equestrian law, as Fluttershy was not made to recite any.

“Witness, state your name and occupation to the court.” Celestia said, calling out to Fluttershy in an authoritarian voice.

“Um… I’m Fluttershy, and I take care of animals from the Everfree forest.” Fluttershy said tentatively.

“Fluttershy, can you give us your testimony?” Celestia asked softly, as if she were dealing with a small child.

“Um, sure,” was Fluttershy’s response.

“Well, I was in the Everfree with my bunny, Angel,” Fluttershy began, “and we were just about to enjoy a picnic, when I noticed some movement from outside the Everfree. It was too big to be just another animal, so I went to go check what it was. I saw Ricky walking down the road, carrying that…”

“Rifle. It’s called a rifle.” Ricky clarified, to which Fluttershy sent a grateful glance before continuing.

“His rifle. I was scared, so, I headed straight for Ponyville, and I told Twilight. Then, I went to go and talk to Ricky. We had a small conversation before the others arrived. Then, the seven of us had another conversation, before Ricky… he hurt Pinkie! And then, Twilight sent me to go and get help, so I flew, and… that’s all I guess.” Fluttershy finished.

“Okay, Mr. Phoenix, the cross-examination…” Celestia said.

“Yes, indeed!” Phoenix said, getting ready for the show. “Okay, Fluttershy, my first question is… why did you see movement and think it was suspicious?”

“Well, I saw him through the leaves of the trees, and the form of Ricky was too big to be a simple bunny or something like that, and big animals are almost never found outside of the Everfree,” Fluttershy said.

Phoenix nodded. “Okay, now: why did you go tell Twilight immediately?”

Fluttershy seemed to ponder the question a bit before replying. “Well, I was just scared that such a big creature was heading straight for Ponyville, for my friends. So I just acted, before thinking.”

Phoenix nodded again. “What exactly did you guys talk about before the rest of the ponies got there?”

“Well, we traded names, and then he told me that he was a human, so I got scared, and then…”

“Wait! Why were you scared when Ricky told you he was a human?”

“Because, humans are…”

“That’s none of your concern, Mr. Wright,” Celestia said dismissively.

Phoenix slammed his hands down on the table, a move which Ricky knew all too well. “Of course it is! This could, for all we know, be vital to the case!” he protested.

Celestia stood up. “It is not and that is the end of the matter! We shall have no more discussion of it!”
Phoenix sat back down, his mask of a face betraying the slightest notion of agitation at Celestia. Ricky agreed with him. the way she was acting was hurting their case, not helping it. Nevertheless, what’s done is done, and Ricky and Phoenix could do nothing but soldier on. “Fine. Anyways, on to my next question,” Phoenix grumbled. “Could you please finish, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy nodded slowly. “O-okay. Well, after I got scared, Ricky asked me why, and I just said because he was a human. Then he made a good point, because he asked if he had done anything bad yet. I said no, and that’s when everyone else arrived.”

Phoenix’s face was scrunched up, a hand on his chin deep in thought. “Okay. What conversation happened when everyone arrived?”

“Oh, not much. We just traded names, and then Twilight asked Ricky to come with us.”

“Wait, what? Can you repeat that? That last part?” Ricky grinned. He knew the look that Phoenix had right then. It was a look of fierce, unshakeable determination.

“Twilight asked Ricky to lay down his rifle and come with us, and he refused.”

“Why did Twilight want Ricky to do that?”

“Because she wanted Ricky to be arrested without any trouble.” Phoenix’s eyes widened substantially.

“Why did she want Ricky arrested? Was this decided preemptively?” Phoenix probed a little farther.

“Yes, of course.” Fluttershy said quickly.

Phoenix turned to Celestia. “Why would you decide this? What if Ricky was actually intending no harm? You could have just arrested someone illegally!”

Celestia yawned. “Don’t you remember? I’m the royal sovereign of this land. I can do what I want, and there’ll be no punishment. Just like how I can end this trial right now. In fact, I think I shall. What is the maximum sentence for 2 cases of assault, as our poor defendant has been charged with, Luna?”

Luna cleared her throat. “The maximum punishment is either the death penalty,” Phoenix’s jaw dropped, “or banishment to Tartarus for up to 1,000 years, sister.” Phoenix’s jaw now lay on the floor, completely unattached from his skull now. Ricky grimaced, not particularly fond of either option either. Celestia thought for a few long seconds, trying to decide. Finally, her voice came forth, bringing with it all of the regality of a ruler would, yet all of the finality of a judge who had just sentenced a man to death. “Death is too good for you, Ricky. I’d rather you suffer forever for what you did to my ponies. Tartarus for 1,000 years it is, sister.”

Ricky couldn’t take it anymore. He just curled up, bringing his knees to his chest and putting his head in his lap, before the tears came. And once they came, they didn’t stop. Quiet, choked noises quickly escalated into full, elongated sobs of nothing but pure misery. Tears streamed down Ricky’s dirt-caked, greasy face, creating little lines of mud on his face.

“Why? Tell me, WHY!!! I came here, not even of my own power, just trying to act friendly! What Fluttershy forgot to mention in her testimony was that the rifle firing was an accident! I was engaged in tug-o-war with some kind of magical shit over my rifle, and my hand slipped. I wasn’t even aiming it! And Rainbow Dash, she started the fistfight, not me! We all make mistakes, but you should be allowed to fix it or make up for it, not burn in eternal damnation for it! Answer me!!! WHY!!!” Ricky was screaming now, in between sobs and breaths. Luna felt like Ricky was genuinely telling the truth, and pangs of guilt began to wrack her mind. Celestia, however, couldn’t care less. She motioned for the guards next to Ricky to grab him and bring him down to in front of the judges’ stand. Still crying softly after his outburst, Ricky motioned for them to wait for a minute, which they surprisingly complied with, and then turned to Phoenix.

“Thanks for trying.” Ricky shook hands with Phoenix again, who was too broken up to make a response, simply saying, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. This won’t appear on your court record.” Ricky managed a weak smile. Seriously, it amazed Ricky the extents of what the human soul could take before it lost all humor and hope. He was very grateful for it though, as it helped to cope with the now inevitable reality staring him down. The two guards each grabbed one of Ricky’s arms and hauled him down to the floor in front of the two royals. Celestia and Luna’s horns both began to glow, and small tremors began to occur in the ground below them. Suddenly, a red dot appeared to Ricky’s left, startling him. It quickly expanded, with the edges staying red. The inside, however, well, that’s a different story.

On the other side of this new “portal” was a black mass of earth, but not dirt earth, more like burned earth. It wasn’t many small islands, like everyone seems to imagine, but one giant landmass, separated only by rivers of lava and small patches of dead trees, all gnarled and withered. So, this was Hell, the destination of eternal damnation and suffering. ‘Looks like the domain of Satan could be worse,” Ricky thought sarcastically. Turning back to Celestia, he had one more thing to say.

As the guards pushed him towards the portal, one sentence was all that was needed.

“I swear upon my honor as a Welfork, I will have my revenge, Celestia.”

And with that, the guards shoved Ricky through the portal, and he was pushed - quite literally - straight into the middle of Hell.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is! Enjoy!