• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 7,989 Views, 481 Comments

Starswirl and the Purple Terror - ValdimarGreen



Starswirl the Bearded is not used to dealing with fans, not surprising since he never had one before. But when a certain purple unicorn of the distant future discovers time traveling, Starswirl soon finds his comfortable days coming to an abrupt end.

  • ...
10
 481
 7,989

Day 6

Day 6

Starswirl heard the now familiar pinging sound, announcing Twilight's arrival. He didn't know what to think of the purple unicorn that had been materializing in his study everyday, for almost a week now. It had been both annoying and awkward from the beginning. He had done his best to act natural, but it was hard especially when she got too close or when she held eye-contact for too long. On the other hoof, she was also both brilliant and well-educated, allowing him to talk to her freely without worrying if she understood or not. In fact, looking past her weirdness, she wasn't too bad. Still, everything would have been a lot easier if she had been a stallion.

Starswirl retied the scroll he had been studying and turned around to greet his guest. He froze, Twilight Sparkle wasn't alone, next to her stood a pink earthpony, her blue eyes staring at Starswirl with the intensity of a predator whom had just spotted a prey.
Starswirl looked into those blue eyes and felt goosebumps over his entire body. This could not be good.

Twilight cleared her throat uncertainly, before holding out a hoof in Starswirl's direction, "Pinkie Pie, let me introduce Starswirl the Bearded." She shifted hoof and pointed to the pink mare, "Starswirl this is my friend Pi–"

Twilight's introduction was cut short as Pinkie shot across the room, stopping right in front of Starswirl, "Hello! My name is Pinkie Pie! Twilight have told me so much about you, Swirly! But, then she said that you have never ever tried cake before or cupcakes or anything. I knew I had to see you right away!"

Starswirl took a step back, trying to create some distance between them. However, it turned out to be a futile effort as Pinkie Pie simply took a step forward, closing the distance again. Starswirl tried to say something, but his mind was blank, she was close, way too close. After a while he finally managed a "Thank you?"

"Hehe don't thank me yet, silly!" the pink pony replied, giggling. "I haven't even made you anything yet!" She sat down and leaned back and tapped her chin with a hoof, "I wonder what I should make first..."

Starswirl breathed a sigh of relief, with her out of his personal space he could think again. He shot Twilight an annoyed look, "Charming friends you have Twilight Sparkle. I'm so glad you decided to share one of them with me."

"It's nothing, really!" Twilight replied with a forced grin. She was probably thinking that if she ignored the sarcasm, It would go away. Her hopes were dashed however, as Starswirl narrowed his eyes at her. Twilight flinched, "I'm sorry! She really wanted to come along and... where did she go?"

Starswirl and Twilight both looked at the spot that moments before had held the pink earthpony. After a shortpause, Starswirl asked, "Did...did she teleport?"

Twilight shook her head, "I don't know, Pinkie just does weird things sometimes. In fact, that's one of the reasons I brought her along. I was hoping, I could get your take on it."

Starswirl raised an eyebrow, now this was interesting, "What else can she do?"

Twilight told him.

---

"Fascinating" Starswirl said, as he contemplated everything Twilight had told him, "So this Pinkie Sense allows her to predict the future?"

"I believe so," Twilight replied, "Though it seems to be rather imprecise and unaffected by scale."

"Hmm, I would like to run some tests. I would especially like to examine her magical hoofprint." Starswirl said.

Twilight's mouth dropped open, "Of course!, Why didn't I think of that? It's so obvious!"

Their conversation was interrupted as the door to the circular room slammed open. In bounced Pinkie Pie, a tray of pastries
balanced on her head. As she crossed the distance between them she began to sing.

"Yummy Yummy yay!

Time for some cake.

Yummy Yummy yay!

It will be great.

Yummy Yummy yay!

So have some cake toooooodaaaaaaaayyyyy!"

Starswirl raised both his eyebrows and looked at Twilight, who simply responded with a shrug.

Starswirl levitated off one of the strange looking items from the proffered tray and took a bite. His face contorted in a grimace, it was sweet, way to sweet, several orders of magnitude sweeter than anything he had tasted before in fact. Tears gathered in the corners of his eyes, he had never tasted anything so horrible.

"Awww would you look at that," Pinkie Pie said draping a hoof over Twilight's shoulders, "He's so happy he's crying."