• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,512 Views, 60 Comments

Rise of the Titans (edited) - darkmage1997



Discord tries to be a father to a human child after all his friends have their own humans.

  • ...
17
 60
 1,512

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Raiden's study time begins

"It doesn't make any sense. I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before," Twilight said, as she paced back and forth.

"But to defeat me, you drew magic from the crown I was wearing. The sirens' magic comes from their music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them. Or... maybe not," Sunset said, lowering her head.

"Wait, maybe you're on to something!" Raiden said.

"Really?" Sunset asked surprised.

"Raiden's right. Its when you play music that you transform now, right?" Twilight asked.

"Yup. Ears, tails, the whole shebang," Applejack replied.

"So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!" Twilight exclaimed.

"You mean like a song?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uh-huh. And in order to free everyone who's been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it," Twilight explained.

"Only question is, how do we get them to hear it?" Toby asked, as everyone pondered.

Suddenly, Rarity gasped, "The band competition! That's the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time!" she explained.

" Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat," Applejack said.

"And I believe you, Twilight, just became the Rainbooms' newest member," Rarity said, as she and her friends all group hugged Twilight.

"So what do you want to play? The triangle?" Pinkie asked, pulling out a triangle, "Sousaphone?" she asked, pulling out a large brass instrument, "Theremin?" she asked, as she waved her hands around the wooden box, "So magical!" she commented.

"I might take a little too long trying to learn how to play something with these," Twilight replied, as she looked at her hands, "I'll just sing," she added.

"Like as in lead singer? Cuz that's usually my gig. This is my band after all," Rainbow Dash said.

"Its OUR band! And, of course, as lead singer. She's the one with the magical know how to help us pull this thing off," Applejack explained.

"Okay, yeah, that's cool. I'll just use this as a chance to hone my already insanely good lead guitar skills," Rainbow said.

"It's only temporary. And we don't have to win the Battle of the Bands. We just have to perform during the first round of the competition," Twilight explained.

"Let's get to learning that musical counter-spell!" Rainbow eagerly said.

"Well, that's just it. I don't know any," Twilight admitted, much to the disappointment of her friends and family, "But I'm sure I could figure out how to write one," she added.

"Totally! Twilight can write a spell like it's nobody's business. That's pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria," Spike said, praising his mother.

"Technically, I helped finish a spell. And there was a little more to it than that, Spike," Twilight explained.

"Yeah, whatever," Spike said.

"I've got this. C'mon!" Twilight said to Spike and her children.

"Where're you goin'?" Applejack asked.

"Well, last time we were here, Spike and I spent the night in the library," Twilight replied.

"Are you crazy?! We're besties now! Slumber party at my house!" Pinkie exclaimed, grabbing Twilights hand and running off, before being stopped by Raiden.

"You guys go on without me. I've got some studying to do on the sirens," he said, as he reentered the school.

"His loss," Rainbow dismissed.

"But we have a problem," Clover said.

"There are too many of us here," Melody pointed out.

"Well, seeing as how Pinkie is hosting us, it should be an all girl sleepover," Charity explained.

"Aww c'mon sis!" Conner said.

"I could watch them, if you wish?" everyone turned to see a man and a teenage girl in mismatched clothing standing at the top of the staircase.

"MR. DISCORD!" the human five and Toby all exclaimed.

"I have a fairly large house. A lot of the rooms are pretty much guest rooms," he explained, as he and the girl walked down.

"Daddy, would it be ok if I went with my friends?" the girl asked.

"Of course Eris," Discord replied.

"Alright Heaven, you stay inside Pinkie's house, ok?" Heiru asked.

"Ok Heiru!" Heaven said, as the girls made their way to Pinkie's house.

"I'LL GO IN AND TELL RAIDEN WHERE WE'RE GOING," Echo-Echo said, as he entered the school, and made his way to the library.

"I must say Toby, you've made quite a lot of colorful friends," Discord said.

"Yeah, a lots happened since I left," Toby replied, as Echo-Echo came out the doors.

"OK, RAIDEN WILL JOIN US MOMENTARILY," Echo-Echo said, as the titan in question came out the door with a stack of six books.

"That's it?" Silver asked.

"Well, the library doesn't have much to offer on Sirens, so I've got to work with what I've got," Raiden replied with a shrug, as the group made their way to Mr. Discords house.


Meanwhile, back in Equestria,

"Ok, so chocolate fudge cake, brownies, some cupcakes, and fruit punch will cover refreshments," Pinkie said, as she began planning for the adoption party for the titans and Heaven, "Now what to do for decorations?" she pondered, as her friends came in the room.

"Hey Pinks, still trying to figure out what to do for the party?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, but I'm having some difficulty. I don't really know the titans or Heaven all that well, so I don't know what to put up as far as decorations," Pinkie replied.

"Yeah, they have ben in Equestria for some time, but we never really got to spend some time with them," Rarity commented.

"But I'm sure we'll get the chance," Fluttershy said. Just then, a flash came from behind them. They turned to see Eris standing there with a book of some sort, with an enraged expression, "Eris, what's wrong?" the yellow Pegasus asked worriedly.

"Daddy told me about the world those boys came from, and their story, so I decided to do a little research," Eris explained, holding up the booklet. It was decorated with stickers of rainbows and butterflies, "This is the diary of that dictator that kept the boys and Heaven on the run. While I was reading through, I came across a section that makes my blood boil," she said, gritting her teeth.

Taking the diary from Eris, Rarity read over the first few pages, "Wow, this guy has issues. 'Wedgied by my own men' 'Swirlied by my own mother'? But what does this have to do with Silver and the others?" Rarity asked.

"Take a look at the section I bookmarked," Eris said. Turning to the bookmarked page, Rarity read over, and gasped.

"So, that awful dictator was lying to everyone in the titans' hometown about them, and all the other super powered youth?" Rarity asked.

"Afraid so," Eris said, "But my soon to be little brothers and sister deserve to know the truth," she explained.

"Yeah, but I can already imagine the amount of anger the titans are going to unleash on this guy," Rainbow Dash commented, as she and the others cringed at the thought.

"Well, from what Ah saw of that Brian feller, he's going to probably burn half the guys base just to get to him," Applejack said, as everyone in the room nodded in agreement.

PreviousChapters Next