• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,495 Views, 60 Comments

Rise of the Titans (edited) - darkmage1997



Discord tries to be a father to a human child after all his friends have their own humans.

  • ...
17
 60
 1,495

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14: The message from Canterlot High

After saying their farewells to the Power Ponies, Twilight and friends decided to head back to Ponyville, "Well, my first priority is making a new house for me and my brothers, and Heaven. You guys all go do what you want to do, and I'll catch up later," Francisco said, as he left to go find a good house location.

"Ok, so what should we do in the mean time?" Twilight asked.

"We never really did get a tour of Ponyville, so we should probably do that," Silver suggested.

"Alright, come this way, and we'll show you boys around town, and you can show Francisco around later," Twilight said leading them around the village. They decided their first stop would be Sugarcube Corner. After a few minutes of walking, they arrived.

"Whoa, is this a bakery or a gingerbread house?" Stealth asked.

"It just looks like that, it really is a bakery and sweetshop," Melody replied, as they all entered the sweetshop.

"Oh, Pinkie! We were all so worried about you and your friends!" Mrs.Cake said, as she turned to see the pink mare and her friends, and just noticing the titans, "Oh, are these boys new friends of yours?" she asked.

"Yep! There's another one, but he's out scouting a new home for them to live in," Pinkie replied.

"Oh, well, its a pleasure to meet you boys, I'm Cup Cake, co-owner of Sugarcube Corner," Mrs. Cake said, introducing herself.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Cake, I'm Silver, the leader of our group, and these are my brothers, Stealth, Raiden, Echo-Echo, Brian, Icezer, and Heiru, and our little sister, Heaven. Our other brothers name is Francisco, but we call him Francis," Silver said, introducing his brothers.

"Well, I would love for you to meet my husband, but he's upstairs, trying to get Pound and Pumpkin to stop crying," Mrs.Cake said, just as a delivery stallion came in.

"Delivery for Princess Twilight," he said.

"Oh, well, go ahead and take what ever it is to my castle library," Twilight told him.

"Even the book at the top, that's vibrating?" he asked, which made Twilight and friends look at him curiously.

"Preposterous, how can a book vibrate?" Raiden asked.

"I don't know, but it just is," the delivery stallion replied.

"Mrs.Cake, I hate to leave, but I need to see what he's talking about," Twilight said.

"Hey, wait for us!" Rainbow Dash called.

"Sorry for leaving Mrs.Cake, but we need to see what this is all about," Silver said.

"Its alright Silver, you go see what the fuss is about," Mrs.Cake said, waving him goodbye.

A little later in the castle of friendship library,

"Ok, so give us the book you said was vibrating," Twilight asked the delivery pony.

"Uh, its at the top of the pile," the delivery pony said.

Looking up, Silver used his psychic powers to lower the book down, "Here you go," he said, giving the alicorn princess a smile.

Opening up the book, Twilight gasped in surprise. It was a message to her and Sunset Shimmer from their friends at Canterlot high, "Mommy, what is it?" Trinity asked.

"Well, do you remember about the adventure I told you kids about, when me and Spike visited that parallel world through the mirror?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, I was there when you guys helped conquer my fears of my old schools Principal," Cory replied.

"It was an Earth that had humans that looked like everyone here in Equestria, right?" Josh asked.

"That's right, it appears that they had some sort of book that works even beyond the magic of said portal," Twilight replied.

"But how is that possible? And where's the portal?" Stealth asked.

"It appears that the book acts as some sort of communication device that works even past the magic of the portal. And as to where it is, its right here in the castle. My brother and sister in law in the Crystal Empire sent it to me when I moved into the castle for the first time, so whenever I want to visit my Canterlot High friends, I can just go over whenever the portal opens," Twilight explained.

"AH, I SEE, BUT WHAT DO YOUR HIGHSCHOOL FRIENDS WANT?" Echo-Echo asked.

"Apparently, it has to do with the sirens," Twilight replied.

"Not the sirens!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, before leaning towards Fluttershy, "I don't actually know what that is," she whispered.

"I've heard of Sirens, but that was all a bunch of Greek myth," Raiden said.

"You can tell us about this Greek culture later, but for right now, could you tell us of these Sirens?" Rarity asked.

"The Sirens were three beautiful but dangerous female creatures who had the power to charm ponies with their music. But to maintain this power, they had to feed on the negativity and distrust of others. The more of this negative energy they consumed, the stronger their voices became, and the farther the could spread their dark magic," Twilight explained.

"I don't think I like this story very much," Fluttershy commented.

"If the sirens had their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria. But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumor has it he found a way to banish them to another world – one where he believed their magic power would be lost. That world must have been the one where my Canterlot High friends live. " Twilight further explained.

"But Star Swirl must have sent them there ages ago. Why are they're just surficin' now?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know. But if my hunch is right and it is the sirens who have come to Canterlot High, this spell they've cast is just the beginning. My friends need me. I have to get back to them," Twilight said, before being stopped by Rainbow Dash.

"I hate to burst your bubble, Twilight, but the connection between their world and Equestria will still be totally cut off for a super long time," she explained.

"Okay, first of all, if there was bubble-blowing going on, why wasn't I told about it?! And secondly, if the connection is totally cut off, how were the human us able to get a message to Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

Twilight gasped in realization of what the pink mare had said, "Pinkie Pie, you're a genius!" she squeaked.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," Pinkie Pie replied, before leaning towards Rainbow Dash, "Now, about these bubbles," she whispered, which made everyone, save for her daughters and Heaven, roll their eyes.

"Spike, can you get a hold of Sunset Shimmer in Canterlot? She may want to go back to the other world with us," Twilight asked her dragon son.

A few minutes later,

"...And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions," Twilight said, hooking a mirror up to some machinery.

"Any idea what she just said?" Brian whispered to Raiden.

"Not a clue," the electric titan replied

"Duh! She's gonna take the magic in here and put it in there. That'll make the portal open up so that whenever she wants to, she can go from here to there. There to here. Here to there. Here there! Here there! Here—" Pinkie explained, before being silenced by Applejack.

"We get the idea!" she said.

"Now then, to see if this works," Twilight said, with the flip of a switch, which started to draw magic from the book, which then was carried to the mirror, which formed a swirly vortex in the middle.

"Don't you suppose we could join you this time around?" Applejack asked.

"Better not. It could make things pretty confusing if Canterlot High suddenly had two of all of you," Twilight explained, which they all nodded in agreement.

"But I can still go too? There isn't another me at Canterlot High, and you never know if you might need you trusty assistant," Spike offered.

"Ok, and Toby, if Fluttershy is ok with it, you can come with us," Twilight said to her nephew.

"Can I go with them Momma?" Toby asked.

"Well, we wont have to wait a month like we did last time, will we?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, the magic of the book is holding the portal open, so we won't have to wait," Twilight replied.

"In that case, you can go with, but if you get hurt, then I want you to come back immediately, ok?" Fluttershy asked in a soft, yet serious tone. Just then, she noticed an anxious look on Serenity's face, "Serenity, is something wrong?" she asked.

"Oh, um, w-well, I was w-wondering if maybe, if you don't mind, that I can go with them too?" Serenity asked shyly.

"Um, well, I don't have any objections, just stay with Toby at all times," Fluttershy replied.

"Ok Mommy, I-I'll be careful," Serenity said.

"If you all want, you can come with us as well," Twilight said to her children, who all nodded eagerly.

"If you kids go, you must stay together at all times," Applejack said, looking at her children, who all nodded in understanding.

"The same goes for the rest of you," Rarity said, looking at the other children, whose mothers nodded in agreement. The children nodded in understanding.

"Would you mind terribly if we came along too?" Silver asked.

"If you boys want to, then you can tag along," Twilight replied, just as the castle doors opened, revealing Sunset Shimmer and Francisco.

"Hey Twilight, I came as soon as I got the message," Sunset said.

"So, our next adventure takes place in a mirror universe?" Francisco asked.

"That it does Francis," Silver replied.

"Alright everyone, lets go," Twilight said, as she led the children, along with Sunset Shimmer into the mirror.

PreviousChapters Next