• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 10,434 Views, 1,438 Comments

Time Ticks on - Golden Script



Our hero was in for a surprise after attending a Steampunk convention. A new time piece will bring him into a conflict that will decide the fate of a country: Equestria, a land full of magical ponies, hidden dangers, and immensely powerful rulers.

  • ...
59
 1,438
 10,434

19. Piece of the Past: Slapping the Moon

Nemesis was gone; back to his own universe, supposedly. Rethinking existence to include a multiverse wasn’t so hard; I just had to think of my world like a grain of sand on a beach that went on forever. Remembering how big the universe was, comparing it to an infinite amount of reality, and further comparing all of that to myself, made me feel insignificant. But, then again, who wouldn’t feel small compared to infinity?

While I was in my mind, I’d been wandering deeper into the forest, unknowingly coming to a thicker area of trees. Only when I could barely see five feet in front of me did I realize where I’d gone.

Well, more I realized I didn’t know where I’d gone.

The trees all had thick canopies, not allowing the slightest bit of sunlight through; there were no birds’ songs in the air, which was weird considering I swore I heard tons of wildlife mere minutes ago; and I had the strangest feeling of being watched.

“H-hello?” I called to the bushes around me, hoping for them not to respond.

My head whipped around to stare at a bush that had rustled. There was something behind the greenery, but my legs had locked, forcing me to stand there, just staring at the offending foliage. My heart beat a million miles a minute, my eyes were wider than ever, and I was hyperventilating.

Then a bunny jumped out of the bush.

“… What?” I asked myself before realizing what had just happened.

Irony.

“Well, that’s just-” This next part confused me a bit. As you can see, I was just talking, about to say “great”, but something stopped me. It wasn’t an outside force, though. I stopped myself. But it wasn’t me.

Like I said, even I was confused.

Anyway, I didn’t just stop myself from talking, I turned around. While I was turning I pulled my pistol out and pointed it at a bush. It still wasn’t me controlling my body, though; which scared the crap out of me, by the way.

“Come out.” I hadn’t said that… well, my body did, but I didn’t. I think you get the point; I was no longer under control of my physical actions.

To my surprise, a lion came out to greet… me, but it wasn’t a lion. This was given away by the bat wings and scorpion tail it sported. It growled, probably seeing me as its next meal.

“You have no profit here; depart, or face the consequences.” Was “my” response to its immergence.

It charged, ignoring my warning… or not understanding it; but either way.

“Your funeral.” I smirked. Suddenly, time stopped, allowing “me” to walk around the beast, placing gunshots in vulnerable and important places: the base of the tail, wing and leg joints, paws, so on and so forth.

I walked back to my spot, clicking my watch and letting my smirk grow into a grin as the creatures body slid, face first, towards me limply.

“You see what happens when you attack me?” “I” asked. My body moved over beside it, kicked it so it was now on its back, and pointed the gun at its forehead. The grin became insane.

“You die.”

A gunshot rang through the forest.

-----
WHITETAIL WOODS

Michael was angry with me, for some reason, and it broke my heart. What could I have done that would cause him to help Discord? He even called me evil, less evil than Discord. Where was this unwarranted aggression coming from?

“Discord.” I said aloud… or, tried to say aloud. With the gag it sounded more like “Ishcore”, but that wasn’t important.

What had the Draconequus done to him? What was in those pancakes? Where was he now?

The thoughts yielded no answer, for they were merely thoughts, but when Michael came walking out of the forest, heading towards the fields, I attempted to get his attention.

Sadly, I succeeded.

“Michael” I enunciated around the gag.

“You… you shut up. I don’t need any of your bullshit right now. I was just attacked by a Manticore and I’m in no mood to deal with you, bitch.” The snarl that appeared on his face made my heart break all the more; but the one thing that demolished me completely was the way he spoke.

Like he believed every word.

In the brief moment of pause after his short rant I noticed something that was different about him.

His eyes… they were… duller would be the word for it, I think. The blue wasn’t as vibrant as it used to be.

“Michael, what-”

I wasn’t able to finish my question before he yelled “shut up!” and his hand came down across my face.

The shock didn’t last very long, while my head slumped down, eyes closed tight, and my teeth bit the cloth until they hurt. I felt something warm and wet drip from where his hand made contact, but this only drove in the following fact: There was officially nothing I could do for Michael; he was gone.

As the man walked away, probably to tell Discord of his run-in with the beast, I redoubled my attempts to free myself; rubbing my horn against the frayed rope in an attempt to remove the limiter or cut the bindings.

-----
THE CLEARING OUTSIDE WHITETAIL WOODS

“Discord, how long until the battle?” Michael approached me from the forest; obviously, today was not one of his best.

“Very soon, actually. I’ve almost finished the arena. You like?” He looked up at the monumental building I’d recreated.

“It looks like the Roman Coliseum.” He remarked.

“It is the Roman Coliseum.” I told him.

“You took the Roman Coliseum, one of the oldest and largest structures that stood on earth, from a different dimension?” His eyes widened in surprise and shock.

“Well, more like I made an exact copy and placed it here.” I clarified.

“Ah.” Understanding washed over his face. After a moment of silence from the both of us, in which he marveled at the structure and I simply waited, he asked a question. “Can we go inside?”

“No, we must wait until the final battle. If we don’t, the war gods will be angry with us!” The sarcasm was thick in my voice. I put my paw over my heart and my claw was thrust into the air in a dramatic pose.

“If the war gods will be enraged, then how can we? It would slander the Faraday name!” He yelled melodramatically, mimicking my pose.

We shared a short laugh before walking through the main entrance.

Author's Note:

How many people hate me for the atrocities I've made Michael commit? Please, raise your hands so I can get a proper count.

I mean, seriously; first (chronological, not chapter based) he yells at Luna, kills a manticore, b**** slaps her, then punches FLUTTERSHY.

If these treacheries are not punishable by death, I don't know what is.

:trollestia:

Counter: 7