• Published 28th May 2014
  • 7,126 Views, 871 Comments

Aftermath of the Blanks - HumanSVD



Battle of the Blanks is over and the aftermath has left many scars. Can the man who fought the Battle help heal the wounds? Or will he succumb to a new battle? One for the hearts and minds of ponies.

  • ...
24
 871
 7,126

The chad swag

The walk to the Library after the Carousel Boutique "Incident" went without further issues. Apple Bloom kept talking about her friends, fun facts about Ponyville that Konrad didn't know, all the while she sat on his shoulders. The Solar Guards assigned to him kept an eye on him; most were still resentful of the lost pride that Konrad had taken away two nights ago. The man could still feel their disapproving gaze, but he didn't care. He was alive, and the sun was bright for the fall tone that Ponyville currently had.

He wished it was an early summer instead of autumn time for Equestria. Konrad could only imagine what the sight of seeing Equestria in the summertime would be like, but he was grateful for being alive after everything that had happened. The residents of Ponyville were already out and about doing their daily routines when they walked into the town square. The decorations from Nightmare Night were already gone and replaced with generic thanksgiving-like decorations.

Everypony immediately stopped what they were doing to watch the new visitor from last night. The only known single and mythical being known as a human walked into their town with a familiar filly on his shoulders. It was even more of a highlight that the Royal Guards were escorting him.

Konrad smirked, watching their faces of bewilderment and surprise as he walked by them with an almost chad-like swagger. Even in real life, the ponies had animated expressions, just as they had in the show, and it amused Konrad. Keeping his eyes forward with a small smile, he asked Apple Bloom,

"So, Apple Bloom, should we wave hello to them? It would be a good idea to break the ice."

Even though he couldn't see Apple Bloom's face, he knew she smiled when she replied, "Darn right, it's a good idea!".

The man and the filly started waving to everypony they saw, and Apple Bloom even called a few by their names. She said hello to a few ponies he had recognized and a few he didn't. Konrad figured some were other filler background ponies without exposure. If life was nice enough, he might get to know as few of them and learn more about Equestria as a whole, especially Ponyville itself. The situation was still strange to Konrad in many ways.

Aside from the fact he was in another world, it was strange to see buildings and homes that one would see in a sizeable mega-corporate amusement park that shall not be named. And they were in front of him with all their girl-looking yet very realistic appearance.

"It's as if someone took old European-styled homes and said, "Yeah, this is a good idea to girl the shit out of it!" Man, my life is really weird."

Both Konrad and Apple Bloom waved to the ponies while some of them waved back and smiled. Some were still staring at him and waved almost absent-mindedly, still in disbelief that a human existed. He spotted the Flower Sisters setting up a stand and remembered the mares portrayed as being dramatic over small things. He smirked and winked at Roseluck, giving her a flirting look. The mare looked away and blushed before giving him a small smile and waving back to him. The other mares, Daisy and Lily, instantly noticed what had happened and tried to get Konrad's flirting attention.

It was too late as he had turned away, ignoring them on purpose. He could hear them getting jealous as Lily asked Roseluck, "Why did he do that to you and not me?!" Roseluck shrugged before looking back at Konrad as Daisy complained, "Not fair. I'm pretty too! Hmpf! Come on, Daisy, let's get the flower stand ready."

"Ha! Mares are like women. They love attention and validation. It's good to act like a chad!"

As the flower girls returned to their business, Konrad, Apple Bloom, and the Guards continued walking away. Apple Bloom asked him, "Now, what the hay was up with them? Why were they acting like that?"

Konrad chuckled and replied, "Not sure, Apple Bloom. Don't worry about it."

Sgt. Headstrong then rolled his eyes, sarcastically adding, "Yeah, it's a mystery. We will never know, will we?"

"Ha! Don't be a jealous beta, dude!"

Konrad ignored him before asking Apple Bloom, "So, Apple Bloom, are we almost there yet?"

Apple Bloom replied, "Eeyup! Just keep going that way. It's around the Bowling Alley."

Konrad noticed the Ponyville Bowling Alley and was almost tempted to take a detour to check it out. He was reminded of the Guards' presence as two of them walked ahead of him. He figured they likely were securing the route as they mainly had walked an open and forward pathway. He doubted the Guards would allow him to wander off, even if Princess Luna wasn't waiting for him.

And the mere thought of Princess Luna snapped Konrad back to reality. He would be reunited with her once more, and his heart picked up its pace as he thought of her. Despite having been in a life-threatening situation two nights ago, Konrad still felt anxious to see her, albeit in a good way. He felt like he was about to get on a cool rollercoaster; he couldn't wait to get in the seat.

As Konrad and Apple Bloom turned around the corner, the sight of the Golden Oaks Library was now in front of them. It looked almost as cartoony as it had in the show. Despite that, the treehouse was very accurate in its depiction on the show. Even if he pinched his arm, Konrad doubted he would wake up. His meeting with Princess Luna and Celestia also worried him about behaving before the Princesses.

For his short time in Equestria, he had spewed swear words like a sailor, been rowdy, and thrown punches at Rainbow Dash. While Konrad knew she deserved it, he was no longer in America. He was the only human, Equestria was now a reality, and he had no money nor family to retreat to. The consequences of failing to integrate are real, and the reality of being the lone human in Equestria was sinking in. Konrad knew he'd have to learn to control his temper, especially with Rainbow Dash and Princess Celestia.

"At least Celestia seemed sorry. I can't say the same for Rainbow Dash. I got a feeling she and I might come to blows again. I'll be nice to Celestia, for Luna's sake. Hopefully, things will get a bit better."

After walking a few more feet, Konrad and Apple Bloom finally reached the entrance of the Golden Oaks Library. Konrad looked at Apple Bloom with his eyes and said, "End of the line Apple Bloom. I got to let you down."

The country filly went, "Aww!" but she didn't complain as he kneeled and let her jump off. Konrad looked at the door and noticed it was, as expected, pony-sized. He would have to lower his head to enter it, and Konrad hoped he wouldn't make a fool of himself. Before he could knock, Sgt. Headstrong sternly warned him, "Do not disrespect the Princesses; make sure you bow and speak when addressed."

Konrad stared at the Guard with the best poker face he could muster and did his best to suppress a back talk to the NCO. His previous experiences dealing with higher-ranking military members kicked back in, and Konrad gave the Guard a nod before replying, "Understood, Sgt."

Satisfied that Konrad got the message, Sgt. Headstrong knocked on the library door. After a few seconds, it opened and revealed Twilight Sparkle. The main character and unicorn looked up and noticed Konrad and smiled. She quickly turned to Sgt. Headstrong said, "Thank you for escorting him, sir."

The NCO merely nodded and gave Konrad the stink eye before walking back to the security perimeter his troops set up around the Library. Twilight quickly took notice of Apple Bloom and greeted her.

"Hello, Apple Bloom! I didn't expect to see you too. I take it your family enjoyed Konrad's company?"

Apple Bloom smiled back and cheerfully replied, "Eeyup! I showed him the Crusader Clubhouse, and we did apple-bucking too!"

Before Twilight could ask, Konrad quickly jumped in, "Yeah...I could have done better. It's harder than it looks, but I got a good hit. The Apples make a mean breakfast; it's been a while since I had a good one."

Twilight beamed happily before continuing, "I'm glad you had a good time, Konrad. Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are waiting for you inside."

Twilight Sparkle stepped aside and motioned for him to enter. But Konrad wouldn't forget his manners and motioned Apple Bloom to enter and said, "Ladies first."

Apple Bloom giggled before walking and followed by Konrad. Carefully entering through the door, Konrad was greeted by the familiar sight of the Library's main interior room. The view and smells were more apparent to him this time; the smell of pleasant timber, accompanied by the usual smell of books, met his senses. The Library had a nice homely feel to it, and Konrad did have to admit it would be an excellent place to read a book. As he finished taking the sight, he turned his attention to Princess Luna.

She was standing next to her sister, Princess Celestia, with both of them turning their attention to the newly arrived man. Princess Celestia gave that warm motherly smile she was known for, which put him at ease if only a little bit. But his full attention quickly refocused solely on Princess Luna. Just as she looked from the night before, the sparkles in her mane and tail were bright. He could see the affection she had for him in her eyes.

Konrad's heart started beating faster, and he did his best to keep his composure. He walked toward Princess Luna and respectfully bowed to her. Even though his inner American was screaming at him not to bow down to Royalty, if anyone deserved it, it was Princess Luna.

"Good morning, Princess Luna. It's great to see you again."

Princess Luna smiled and returned the bow of her own. Not wanting to be a dick, Konrad turned to Princess Celestia.

"And a good morning to you too, Princess Celestia."

Konrad did bow, though not as low and enthusiastic. If Princess Celestia noticed, she didn't complain or make it known, at least as far as he could tell. Apple Bloom herself bowed and caught the attention of Princess Luna.

"Ah! Good morning to you, too, fair Apple Bloom!"

Apple Bloom smiled before returning Luna's greeting, "Morning, Princess Luna!

Princess Luna hugged Apple Bloom before returning to her spot. The Lunar Princess noticed the bandana on Konrad and asked, "I see a fair trade has been made. I have to admit; I like the look very much."

Konrad smiled and added, "Thanks. Apple Bloom made me an honorary Cutie Mark Crusader."

Konrad gave Apple Bloom a quick hoof bump before Princess Celestia interjected, "I hate to interrupt, but we have some business to discuss."

Princess Luna quickly looked at her sister and gave her a raised eyebrow before returning her attention to Konrad.

"Yes, we have a lot of matters at hoof. Most notably, where you will be staying for the foreseeable future. We also have questions that need answers."

Before Konrad could ask questions, Twilight Sparkle hovered over a scroll with her magic. Even though he had seen magic before, it still was strange to see it in person. Konrad took the scroll and briefly felt the magic with his finger. It felt like a subtle tingling sensation, almost like a limb falling asleep without the uncomfortable aspect.

"Strange feeling but not bad. It even sounds like magic from the show. Now, what's on this list?"

Before Konrad could read it, Twilight Sparkle proudly talked about her checklist.

"As you can see, several topics need to be discussed and explored. I've compiled a checklist and an outline of the various questions your arrival has made. Starting from-"

"Ha! What a nerd! Cute nerd, but still, a nerd."

Konrad interrupted her by reading the first question on the list.

"How did you arrive? Well, I hope Luna gave a brief explanation about that one."

Princess Luna lowered her head and looked away for a little bit before admitting to Konrad.

"I haven't told anypony specific details from that night. I was upset at the hospital when I received the news of what happened to you at Sunny Town."

It was Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle's turn to lower their heads in shame. Princess Celestia apologized again, "And again, we are sorry for our actions. We rushed to judgment in error. I promise to give you the support you need to integrate into the Equestrian Society."

"We promise we'll help you feel welcome here! Just give us a chance to make it up to you."

Konrad set the list by his waist and put a finger to his chin as if he were contemplating. He gave a faux expression of sternness before smiling again.

"Well...of course, I'll give you guys a chance! Clean slate and all. Let’s just move forward from here on out, okay?"

The mares nodded before Konrad continued, "But yeah, I will explain how I got here as best as possible. It's a bit strange, and I don't fully understand it. So some empty spots might have to be filled in a bit. And the day leading up to my arrival in Equestria was no better than the night I had to fight those freaks in the forest."

The mares and the lone filly looked at each other, not fully understanding what he was getting at. As far as they knew, the Bloody Hooves and the Blanks of Sunny Town were the only undead beings to have ever existed. Konrad picked up on this and reassured them he would explain.

"Not the first time I've dealt with the undead. I'll explain it later."

He returned his attention to the list and discovered more questions than expected. And by more, there were a LOT of questions. There had to be at least one hundred questions on the sheet alone, and some of them ranged from frivolous curiosity to heavy-hitting questions. While Konrad considered himself a well-educated person, he was not a scholar nor a walking history book. Before he could continue, Konrad asked, "Is this all of it?"

Just as he turned to Twilight Sparkle, he watched her shake her head and pull out more scrolls. Many more scrolls hovered in the air before being set down on a table. Konrad looked at the scrolls with a surprised expression. Twilight didn't take long to realize the number of questions that would be asked and apologized with a light blush with her ears lowered as any pony would.

"Oh, sorry. I know it's a lot, but your presence is the scientific discovery of the century! There's so much to learn!"

He turned his attention back to the scrolls on the table, dreading what the other questions might be and their reactions to his answers. Sensing Konrad's unease, Princess Luna added, "Of course, they don't have to be answered all at once. For now, it's best to focus our efforts on immediate topics such as where you will be residing."

Konrad turned his attention to Princess Luna and asked, "Which is where exactly?"

Princess Luna gave him a warm smile and put him at ease. He answered, "After a discussion with my sister, we decided that you'll be a guest at the Canterlot Castle for the short term. The news of your presence has undoubtedly traveled or will travel throughout Equestria and beyond."

Princess Celestia added, "Reporters will flock to this lovely town and will likely not give you or the residents peace. We also have concerns about how other nations might react to your presence. For these reasons, you will be staying as a guest at our castle; this is the best course of action, for now. It will be that way until things settle down and a better plan is made for your integration into our society."

Konrad put a finger up as if he was about to argue, but he stopped himself. As much as he'd like to be independent and do his own thing, Konrad had to concede they had a point. If a mythical being popped up in America or on earth, that being would not get any privacy, nor would they be safe.

"I should be grateful that I am alive and on the good side of a nation's leader. I need to be on my best behavior. Besides, Ponyville will still be here, and I can unwind at the castle in style. All they want in return is for me to answer questions. I'll keep them as honest as possible without breaking their minds. Plus, I'll get to be near Luna. I'll miss being around Apple Bloom, though."

Konrad put his finger back down and said, "I see your point. I can't find any fault in that."

Apple Bloom frowned and lowered her head and ears in disappointment.

"Awww! I wanted to spend more time with you! I wanted you to meet my friends too!"

"Wow, I'm really important to her. This sucks seeing her sad."

Konrad knelt and lifted her chin, putting her back to eye level with him.

"Apple Bloom, don't worry about it. It's only temporary, and I promise I'll be back."

"Promise you'll come back?"

Konrad smiled, "I already did once; I can do it again."

Apple Bloom hugged him again, and the mares smiled at the wholesome image. As they broke their hug, Konrad got back up to his feet and asked, "So, that's the plan for now. When do we leave? And what about my truck and stuff?"

Princess Luna smiled and answered, "Your personal effects are secured in a nearby storage building close to the train station. They will be loaded on our private train coming in late tonight. From what my dear sister has told me, the truck was most challenging to bring here."

Princess Celestia added, "Indeed it was. In addition to being towed by several stallions, it required five spell casters to help push it. An object of that size and weight usually only requires two competent mages. You wouldn't know why that would be, would you?"

Konrad genuinely had no clue, but he could take a few guesses.

"I might have some magic resistance because I'm not from Equestria. If so, does that apply to any human-made item from earth? But I've told them I'm from the past, though. I need to figure out how to change my explanation of another world from the past. I can't let them know they are a cartoon from my dimension. They'd have a meltdown!"

"I don't know. There's a lot I need help understanding about the past few days. My life has been flipped upside down and shaken about. But I can start the truck and help drive in on a flatbed car. I assume those exist for trains here, correct?"

Princess Celestia nodded in affirmation before adding, "That would be very helpful. Now onto the subject concerning your weapons."

Konrad immediately put his guard up and dreaded hearing what he might hear from the Solar Princess. In no uncertain but polite terms, Konrad would tell Princes Celestia that he would not give up his weapons. The inner American couldn't allow such a sin to take place, Equestria's "safety" be damned.

"Okay," said Konrad in a guarded tone. "What about them?"

"From what my sister has told me and from what I have witnessed, I am uncomfortable with them being unsecured, and I'd rather have their presence remain unknown to the public as much as possible. For this reason-"

Konrad held up a hand and stopped Princess Celestia from talking.

"If you're talking about confiscating my weapons from me, you're out of your mind. Those weapons are not only invaluable to me, but they're my personal property! I've spent a lot of hard-earned dollars on those, and I would be dead without them! So if you think I'm going to"

Sensing Konrad's anger was rising, Princess Luna jumped in and said, "Konrad, I know what your concern is, but please, don't rush to conclusions in error like my dear sister did the other night. I promise you I would never allow an unjust deprivation of property, especially against you. I assure you, that's not what this is."

Princess Luna walked forward and stood on her hind legs, putting a hoof on his shoulder. She gently spoke to him, "Trust me, Konrad."

He stared into her blue eyes, and his worries melted away like butter. He could smell a faint scent of sweet lavender from her ethereal mane as if its purpose was to put him at ease. Konrad calmed down and replied, "I'll always trust you, Luna."

The man and the Lunar Princess smiled as Princess Celestia watched on. She raised one of her eyebrows as she watched the two stare at each other. Twilight Sparkle and Apple Bloom could only nervously watch on before Konrad broke eye contact with Princess Luna as she retreated her hoof back. Princess Luna suppressed a blush before nodding back to her sister to continue.

"As I was saying, they must remain secured at our castle for now. If the news of your weapons' capabilities is spread, other nations or other unscrupulous actors might attempt to commit theft of them for their purposes. I'd rather not have an unnecessary arms race ensue, and I'm sure you'd be unhappy if they were stolen. As a fair compromise, only you will have access to them."

Konrad hated being told he couldn't carry firearms where he saw fit, but Princess Celestia had valid points. He had no proper place to store his guns, nor did he care to lay an ass whopping on anypony who dared to steal them. Having sole access to the guns would be a good compromise, and he felt better knowing he could get to them if a situation called for it. Plus, he had Princess Luna to back him up.

"Okay, Princess Celestia. I understand your concerns, but I want a range to practice from time to time. And since you're letting me stay as a guest, I'll give a little too. Luna can have access to them if the need arises. She's the one I trust."

For a few seconds that seemed like an eternity, Princess Celestia stared at Konrad. Konrad could feel Princess Celestia analyzing him despite her having the best poker face he had ever seen, human or cartoon pony. It was possible, too, that she was unused to non-royals pushing back or making counterdemands of their own. Konrad knew that if he hadn't saved Princess Luna, and they hadn't wronged him, he'd likely not have gotten away with pushing back. In any case, Princess Celestia serenely smiled and nodded in agreeance with Konrad.

"A fair compromise indeed. With that matter settled-"

Konrad raised a finger, stopping her from talking.

"Sorry to interrupt again, but if the weapons need to be truly secured, I need to inspect them as soon as possible and take inventory. I have weapon cases in my truck they can be locked in."

Princess Celestia was happy to hear that, and Twilight Sparkle, who was no longer nervous, excitedly asked, "Oh! May I come to see your truck and human artifacts to take notes?! Please?!"

He turned to Twilight Sparkle and swore he could see cartoony sparkles in her eyes.

"I wonder if I'll ever get used to the cartoony-ness of this world. It's cute but strange. I guess it wouldn't hurt to let her tag along."

"I guess I could show you a thing or two-"

He didn't get a chance to finish his sentence as Twilight Sparkle jumped up several times like an excited little girl.

"YEA!!! YES, YES, YES!"

Apple Bloom giggled while Princess Celestia smiled. Princess Luna raised an eye-brown at Twilight Sparkle's enthusiastic antics while Konrad shrugged his shoulders. Apple Bloom pointed out, "Acting like a silly filly, ain't ya, Twilight?"

The unicorn stopped and blushed before apologizing, "So sorry, everypony; I'm just excited to learn!"

"No problem, we all have our things we get excited over.", said Konrad.

As Twilight calmed down, she hovered over a scroll and began writing what Konrad assumed were notes. Konrad turned his attention to the Princess and asked, "So, is that all for now?"

Princess Luna and Celestia looked at each once more before returning their attention to Konrad. Princess Celestia was the first to speak.

"That is all for now. The train will arrive an hour before midnight. Please meet us there with all of your belongings. Until then, you are free to explore Ponyville."

Konrad clapped his hands and smiled, "Awesome sauce! I'll put my backpack in the truck when I get there. So, who's going with me other than Twilight?"

Princess Luna frowned, and Konrad knew why. She wasn't going to walk with him to his truck, which meant he'd have to meet up with her later. The man wished he could spend some alone time with Luna to catch up and relax. He got his confirmation when she spoke to him, "My apologies Konrad, my sister and I still have other matters to discuss. However, we will be having lunch at the local restaurant at noon. My treat, of course."

"Lunch with the best Princess? Hell yeah!"

Konrad gave a thumbs up and said, "Can't wait to see you there! Now, where is the storage building?"

"I think I can show you the way, Konrad."

The man turned his attention to the newcomer and noticed it was none other than Shining Armor himself. He seemed pretty chill and physically okay from their fight. For some strange reason, he didn't harbor any resentment toward Shining Armor. While he, too, made the same mistake as the other ponies, Shining Armor apologized and seemed to mean it.

"Eh, I'll let it go. Who knows? Maybe he's a cool bro."

Konrad casually waved to Shining Armor and asked, "Hey, dude, what's up? You feeling better from the other night?"

Shining Armor walked out from the hallway, which Konrad assumed led to another room not shown in the show. The stallion walked out and made his way over to the man. He held out a hoof which Konrad responded by bumping with his fist. His fist met the hoof and made a solid bro contact, sealing the greeting of bros.

"Yeah, we'll get along just fine."

"Much better, thanks. My horn was sore from using too much magic to keep my signature shield up. That weapon of yours was no joke."

Konrad chucked and replied, "Yeah, well, you got me good in the chest with that buck. I'm still sore and got some bruising, but I'll be fine."

"Heh, good to hear that, bro. We should do some sparing some time."

Konrad smiled before replying, "I'm down for that; we gotta keep our fighting skills sharp."

Before Konrad and Shining Armor could continue, the mares and the lone filly were perplexed. None of the females could understand why the males before them were joking and being chill, considering they had fought the other night in combat. Even Princess Celestia herself found it perplexing and shared a look of confusion with her sister and student. Apple Bloom looked at Konrad with a confused but adorable expression. Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle were the ones to question the spontaneous friendliness between the two males.

"I don't understand; both of you fought each other the other night, and now you're acting like best friends?"

"I agree, Twilight Sparkle; it is most strange. I do not understand it myself, either. I'm not complaining about the lack of animosity between you two; it is simply...confusing."

Konrad shrugged his shoulder and merely replied, "It's a bro thing, Luna."

Shining Armor nodded, "Pretty much this. You wouldn't understand it, Twiley."

Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle were incredulous at Konrad and Shining Armor's statement. Neither could believe what they heard while Princess Celestia giggled at the amusing sight before her. Apple Bloom chose not to question it and let it go. Princess Luna rolled her eyes while Twilight Sparkle was almost on the verge of a meltdown. The unicorn tried her best to understand but couldn't.

It was amusing to Konrad seeing Twilight going through the motions of being confused. He saw an expression of confusion, followed by anger, then "WTF?!". It was the same way she reacted to Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Sense." The unicorn mare dropped it with a slightly creepy smile and said, "Haha! Okaaayy then! Let's go see that truck."

Konrad turned to Princess Luna and said, "See you later, Luna." He slightly bowed to both Princesses before walking out the front door. Apple Bloom bowed to the Princesses and followed Konrad out the door with Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor. Twilight used her magic and floated out a saddle bag, quills, scrolls, and an ink pad.

"I'll compile an inventory list and observation notes. Bye!" said Twilight Sparkle.

The door closed, leaving the Princesses alone. Princess Luna frowned for a split second before turning back to her sister. She asked Celestia, "Well, what is your opinion of him, dear sister?"

Princess Celestia was quiet for a few seconds, and if Princess Luna knew her sister well, it was her trying to form an honest and fair opinion.

"He has the spirit of a fighter; that much is certain. He not only has a high opinion of you but also trusts you, seeing how he openly said it himself. And I can see why; both of you went through a terrifying and extraordinary event that nopony has ever experienced, much less survived. He also is still distrusting of me."

Princess Celestia took a sigh and used her telekinesis spell on her crown. The magical, solar-colored aura covered her Royal Crown in her and was set gently on an end table near her. She ran a hoof through her mane before continuing, "And that's perfectly understandable. I made a serious error in judgment, and I haven't made such a mistake not since the first few years after I lost you to Nightmare Moon."

Princess Luna walked over and hugged her, doing her best to let her know she loved her.

"It was a horrible time, but I'm glad it's over, and we can all start anew. Is there anything else about him you think of?"

Letting her sister go from the hug, Princess Celestia continued, "I'm...not sure. I'm certainly not used to anypony, or in this case, any human pushing back on me. It's been quite a long time since any creature has done so. It is refreshing and stimulating; I hope it doesn't happen too much. It's possible Konrad is not used to interacting with any Royalty. It's also possible such leaders did not rule his home."

Princess Luna smirked slightly, "Strange, he bowed and gave me due respect upon our first meeting. Perhaps he recognizes a superior ruler when he sees one."

Princess Celestia stuck out her tongue and used her wing to swat Princess Luna playfully. Both giggled from the playful banter before Celestia continued, "Good one, dear sister. In any event, I'm curious to learn more about him and his people. I do have a request for you, though, dear sister."

Luna now focused on her sister with a serious expression as Celestia put a wing on her.

"After speaking with him, I believe the concerns you shared last night are valid. He cares for our subjects; that is certain, and I'm happy about that. However, he is isolated from his people; we know little about them and their history. The small differences between our species and culture might stress him. In addition, our subjects easily get the wrong impression upon seeing anything new, as you are aware."

Luna immediately remembered the first Nightmare Night celebration upon her return. She knew precisely was Celestia was getting at. Celestia continued, "Please watch out for him in the coming days. He will need you just as much as you needed him the other night."

Luna nodded as Celestia retreated her wing.

"I understand...well, I should attend to other important matters.

Celestia smiled, "Ah, such as making a reservation for lunch, I see."

Princess Luna smiled, "Of course, dear sister! We can't make important decisions on an empty stomach. And I wish to spend the day with him too. I will see you later, dear sister."

As Princess Luna walked out the door, a pair of her Lunar Night Sentinels joined her to escort their Princess to her next stop. Princess Celestia smiled as she used her magic to put her crown back on her head. She turned her attention toward the hallway to the guest room and said, "You can come out Cadence."

Princess Cadence emerged from the guest room and out of the hallway. After joining her aunt in the main room, Princess Cadence asked, "How did you know I was listening?"

Princess Celestia smiled, "Since Shining Armor introduced himself. I highly doubt he woke up before you if his explanation of his meeting with Konrad was any indication. Magical exhaustion, especially the type of spell he used, requires a few days of recovery. I am glad their reunion went well if a bit confusing and amusing. Stallions will be stallions, after all."

Princess Cadence smiled and added, "That is true, dear aunt. Even Shining Armor throws me for a loop every now and then. Since there's no ill will between the two, I'm no longer concerned. I will keep an eye on Konrad, but not for the reasons I initially thought I would."

Princess Celestia raised an eyebrow again, though she suspected he already knew the real reason. With a small, serene smile, she asked Cadence, "Oh? No longer concerned for Shining Armor's safety, I see. If not, then what is the reason?"

Princess Cadence gave a cheesy smile before saying. "Must I spell it out, dear aunt? Okay, you win. There's love between Konrad and Luna, at least in the early stages. Anypony could see the attraction between the two if they looked hard enough. I would never have suspected Luna would be affectionate toward a non-pony, much less a mythical human being. But there's only one question, though..."

Princess Celestia was curious about what Princess Cadence's following statement would be. Celestia herself certainly didn't expect Luna to be attracted to a non-pony herself, either. However, she had been alive long enough to know life would always find a way to spring a surprise. Princess Celestia asked, "And what that might be, my dear niece?"

Princess Cadence stared at the door as if she was looking at Konrad and Princess Luna right before her. "Will it grow into something greater than mere attraction?"

It was now Princess Celestia's turn to stare at the door. The Solar Princess then added, "We will see, dear Cadence. We will see in time. I have no objections as long as Luna is safe and happy. If Konrad does wish to court her officially, he will need to be informed of what that entails: boundaries, public perception concerns, etiquette, and anything else I may have missed. I trust you'll inform him if the need arises and guide him as required?"

It was now Princess Cadence's turn to have starry sparkles in her eyes. The thought of having to guide someone with her knowledge of love was an exciting prospect.

"Of course, dear aunt! Finally, my time to shine! He'll have his hooves full in more ways than he can imagine. But with my guidance, Konrad will do just fine. Or is it hands in this case?"

Princess Cadence and Princess Celestia giggled before they were interrupted by Spike waking up.

"Oh no! Twilight! I'm sorry I overslept!"

The young drake ran down, hoping not to meet an annoyed Twilight Sparkle. He was surprised to see Princess Celestia and Cadence. He quickly bowed and worriedly asked, "Good morning, your highnesses. Is Twilight around?"

Princess Cadence was the first to speak, "Twilight left not too long ago with Konrad. They'll be gone for a bit. Your friend Apple Bloom and Shining Armor joined them. They left for a little "science" expedition."

"And she didn't take me?! Darn, she must still be mad about last night. Wait, the human dude was here?! And I missed him!? Where did they go?"

Princess Cadence winked at Princess Celestia before reassuring Spike. "Don't worry about it, Spike; Twilight will be fine. Speaking of which, have you had breakfast, dear aunt?"

Princess Celestia knew where Princess Cadence was going. It wasn't known to the public, but Princess Celestia knew how to make pancakes fit for Royalty. Celestia made her way to the kitchen and began to start breakfast.

"Breakfast shall be made shortly. Do you want gems on your pancake, Spike?"

Spike immediately nodded and looked back at the library door. He waved his hand dismissively toward the perceived direction of Twilight Sparkle and said, "Eh, Twilight will be fine. She's got this."

Princess Cadence giggled and looked at the door herself before saying, "I'm sure she will. I'm sure they all will be fine."

Spike and Princess Cadence hadn't experienced a great breakfast in such a long time. The day was off to a good start, and it couldn't get any better.