• Published 28th May 2014
  • 7,112 Views, 871 Comments

Aftermath of the Blanks - HumanSVD



Battle of the Blanks is over and the aftermath has left many scars. Can the man who fought the Battle help heal the wounds? Or will he succumb to a new battle? One for the hearts and minds of ponies.

  • ...
24
 871
 7,112

It's a FAAAAAKE!

Standing on the stage with what seemed like a million pairs of eyes, Konrad froze in fear. The silence after the collective gasp of Ponyville’s residents was painfully awkward to the man standing on stage. The wounds on his body seemed to be nothing compared to it. Despite his attempt at emulating Solid Snake, he was caught by a clown rather than a guard.

”I should have dressed as a clown myself because the Guards would be looking for military guys, not clowns. Maybe Peter Griffin was right after all...Fucking hell! Now, what do I do?!”

Giving the pony audience the biggest and most nervous smile in the world, Konrad clapped his hands before saying, “So, how ‘bout that moon, folks? Isn’t it great or what?”

”Doh! Stupid ice breaker!”

Many ponies looked at each other with confusion before turning their focus back to him. Apparently, they couldn’t get over the fact that he was standing with two oddly shaped legs. Even though there were minotaurs in the world, he was completely different in many ways. The fact that he was bleeding too seemed to be a bit shocking for the ordinary pony’s taste. Konrad could spot a mare shielding the eyes of her little filly with a foreleg, who simply swatted it away, eager to see the new and strange being before her.
While feeling slightly insulted by the motherly mare in the audience, he realized that his appearance was different and perhaps too dark for the general audience.

”I’ve got to do something, might as well “act the part’. “

“Yup, folks! I’m just a regular Human Zombie Killer! Just got back from taking care of a few around here. I promise you won’t see them ever.” said Konrad while winking to the audience.

Walking around the stage to show off his human walking style, the crowd oohed and awed him. To them, he was Lyra Heartstrings, a local unicorn who had just pulled off an awe-inspiring physical feat and not to mention costume. The details of the human costume were so lifelike and stuck to the lore of human mythology faithfully. Many ponies whispered amongst themselves as to how Lyra could have pulled off such a thing.

Even magic spells weren’t known to do this, as many of the unicorns in the audience began piecing their knowledge of magic in an attempt to figure it out. Either way, the detail of the costume was very intimidating, very authentic looking, and very well executed. Seeing the man walk around and showing off his balancing skills was something the ponies couldn’t get enough of. Regardless of how they thought Lyra did it, a small hoof clap could be heard from a small filly.

Turning his head around, Konrad looked in the direction of the hoof clapping and saw the most adorable filly in the universe. Wearing Applejack’s stetson hat was none other than Apple Bloom, beaming the happiest smile in the world.

”Oh my God! It’s Apple Bloom! So much hhnng!”

Right next to her was Applejack smiling a look of approval at him. She held up her forehooves and began clapping along with her little sister. The action was as contagious as a virus, spreading through the audience like a wildfire. Soon other ponies joined in on the growing frequency of hoof clapping, making the applause pick up in noise gradually. Not long after, some cheering could be heard from the back, making the man look toward the louder sound. Jumping up and down in the distance was Pinkie Pie in a chicken costume, waving two party flags and blowing a kazoo.

The young man smiled at Pinkie Pie’s antics and had expected nothing less from her. While giving a thumbs up to the party mare, Konrad spotted Twilight Sparkle. The student of Princess Celestia sat there with her jaw open wide, apparently unable to comprehend Konrad’s presence.

”Well, it’s obvious they know I’m real. Bet Twilight Sparkle can’t understand how I survived that rainbow ray they shot at me.”

Next to Twilight Sparkle was Princess Celestia, wearing a similar look of surprise. It was the same look when the mane six had accidentally crashed the Grand Galloping Gala. Konrad’s stomach churned when he saw the regal Sun Princess turn to one of her Guards. With her lips moving and a hoof pointed at him, the Guard saluted and galloped off, no doubt carrying out an order Celestia gave him.

”Hopefully, just a precaution of crowd control. She wouldn’t do anything with Luna right there....wait, Luna is here!”

Mentally facepalmed himself for forgetting about Luna, Konrad turned his attention to her as the applause of ponies continued. The young man made eye contact with the Lunar Princess and lost himself again in her beauty. A smile of pure happiness formed on her face before she clapped with the herd. Even though she was a bit distance away, sitting on a raised platform/throne, he could hear her cheer, “Hazzah!”. A smirk formed on his face at the old school praise before bowing to her. After completing his bow, Konrad observed Princess Luna give him a rather suggestive wink.

”Woah, already flirting with me? This is awesome! I guess she really wants me.”

Returning a wink of his own, the man waved to the still clapping audience before Mayor Mare motioned for Konrad to leave the stage. Giving double peace signs with his hands raised, the man walked behind the stage, leaving the audience cheering for him still. For once, Konrad felt great that something in his sudden upside-down turned life was going right. His worries about causing a panic were washed away as he left the stage. Met him backstage, where the rest of Ponyville’s contestants appeared stunned at his costume or jealous.

”Heh, I look badass compared to them.”

“Sup guys!” said Konrad while waving to them.

“How did you do it?” asked a mare dressed as a mummy.

The man had no clue who this particular pony was but assumed she was one of the show’s background ponies. Giving her a grin while crossing his arms, which hurt due to the cut on his left arm, he laughed before saying,

“Magic, I don’t get to explain anything!”

Not realizing there were unicorns in the mini herd before him, two stallions, one unicorn, and an earth pony walked forward with insulted looks on their faces. One of them was Ninja, who pulled his mask off, revealing Meadow Song, while the other was a mime he didn’t recognize. Inwardly cringing at the mime costume, Konrad maintained his composure despite the sharp pain coming from his left arm.

“What do you mean? Magic can and always has been explained! What spell did you use then?”

Realizing that magic was understood here, Konrad had no clue how to answer the unicorn mime. He had to be careful as his cover could still be blown, and he came up with a somewhat “mature” question to rebut the stallion’s question.

“Hey! I thought mimes don’t talk? You’re out of character! Not cool man!”

The unicorn mime’s fast contorted into a look of seething hatred while several other ponies in the herd laughed. Meadow Song, with anger in his voice, asked Konrad,

“What do you mean “Man”? You’re still acting in character?”

”Oh, you have no idea, buddy.”

“Only the best stay in character! You don’t want to be out of character, do you?”

“It’s just a contest! There’s no need!” said Meadow Song, “Whatever, it doesn’t matter; you stink anyway!”

”Not as bad as your butt hurt attitude.”

As the angry stallions walked off, the rest of the ponies complimented Konrad on a job well done. Uncrossing his arms and feeling relief on his left arm, a colt dressed in a costume he didn’t recognize walked up to him.

“Excuse me, but I like your costume.”

Konrad realized that the colt before him was none other than Pipsqueak, a favorite of the young ponies in the show aside from Apple Bloom. Hearing the Tiny Tim-style voice made him mentally “hhnng” before giving the young colt a thumbs up. Pipsqueak looked at the thumb in amazement, as did several other ponies.

“That’s really cool! It’s like a minotaur’s hand but different!”

“Sure is, kid. I worked real hard at it.”

”More like born with it.”

“What are you supposed to be?”

Pipsqueak cutely swung his play sword around his mouth a bit before taking it out and replying,

“I’m the Dread Pirate of Trottingham!”

”Like the dread pirate Roberts...not sure if this is awesome or just plain cute. I think I’ll settle on both.”

“Well, I like it, kid; double thumbs up to you!”

As he gave Pipsqueak two thumbs up, Mayor Mare came backstage and called out to Konrad with a deadpan tone.

“Congratulations, you won the contest. Please come back on stage.”

”She doesn’t seem to be happy with me. Whatever....wait, I won?! Holy Shit! I won! Booyah!”

“See you later kid!”

While the rest of the ponies walked away with their heads lowered in disappointment, Pipsqueak gave him a friendly goodbye wave before trotting off happily. The man’s opinion of Pipsqueak went up after his brief encounter.

”Okay, that kid is just plain cool. Well, let’s get this over with.”

Walking back on stage with Mayor Mare, Konrad was greeted with loud applause, ponies cheering, and hoof clapping. He couldn’t resist smiling and waving to everypony, especially Luna, who appeared to be very happy seeing him again. The same was for Apple Bloom, who shouted a “Yeehaw!” before tossing her sister’s stetson hat in the air. He had no doubt she would hug him again afterward, and that was fine with him as far as he was concerned. Winking at Luna and waving to Apple Bloom, Konrad stood at the center of the stage as Mayor Mare returned to her podium, using an old-school voice speaker to address the herd.

“Ladies and Gentlecolts! Your vote has been cast, and the winner has been chosen!”

”Fuck yeah!”

While standing on the stage, Konrad noticed the arrival of two new ponies, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. The Element of Loyalty covered her eye with an ice pack while talking to Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. As Twilight Sparkle pointed a hoof in Konrad’s direction, Rainbow Dash turned her head, and a look of surprise could be seen on her face. The man swore he could feel the anger coming from her like a Sith Lord as her face quickly turned into an angry scowl. Konrad narrowed his eyes at her as his right hand balled into a fist.

”Great, I get to deal with you again sometime. Yeah, I’m sure you know it was me that hit you; I would do it again. Whatever, I won, and you lost.”

The man turned his attention back to Mayor Mare’s announcement, breaking eye contact with Rainbow Dash.

“And for winning the contest, you shall be presented with 1000 Bits from Princess Luna!”

”Winning 1000 bits AND get them presented by Princess Luna? Oh damn! This just got awesome! I think my new life here might be fine after all.”

As the man smiled at Princess Luna, who gave him another suggestive wink before holding up a bag of bits with her magic, the happy moment was brought to a halt as a voice of a mare shouted,

”IT’S A FAAAAAAKE!”

”Or maybe it won’t....fuck! Who’s calling me out?”

Everypony in the herd gasped at the unexpected shout from the back and parted like the Red Sea, revealing a sight Konrad would never forget for the remainder of his life.

”Sweet mother of God....ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?!

”Liar! Cheater! Faker!” shouted the now revealed mare.

Standing on her rear legs, the mare began walking forward, albeit clumsily, with a pair of golden-colored eyes angrily narrowing at Konrad. The man simply could not believe the mare’s sight advancing towards him as she walked through the herd of ponies staring at her. Their faces were similar to when the mane six wore the terrible dresses they had asked Rarity to make and subsequently wore at her fashion show. Konrad’s opinion was stronger than the ponies looking at her, who continued to walk awkwardly on her rear legs.

”I can’t believe what the fuck I’m seeing! A fucking pony dressed like me?! Why, and more importantly WHO would dress like me?!”

After a minute of awkwardly attempting to walk like a human, the mare fell forward on her belly and grunted in anger.

“Oh, just buck it to Tartarus!” shouted the mare in frustration.

Getting on all fours, the mare quickly galloped to the stage and jumped up. Lyra stood on her hind legs without wasting time and began poking him with one of her forehooves covered in loose-fitting gloves.

“Who do you think you are to steal MY costume?! I worked hard on this, and now all my efforts have been wasted because of you! You stole my human costume idea!”

As the crowd of ponies looked at each other in confusion and began whispering amongst themselves, Konrad took a look at the mare confronting him. She wore a camouflage suit which was a near replica of his own but tailored for a pony. Two small pony-sized black boots were on her rear hooves that looked almost comical. To the man, it was a wonder how she even managed to stay up so long with the small but feet purposed boots. He couldn’t see Lyra’s mane due to the hood, with a green scarf covering her face. Only her eyes could be seen, a golden color.

”Wait a minute...this mare seems familiar-”

His thoughts were interrupted as the mare poked him several times more, making his chest suffer in agony from his badly bruised ribs. Letting out a small grunt in pain, the mare shouted, “Well, faker!? Cat got your tongue? Or are you just too embarrassed to have been caught?

”Fuck! That poking hurts! Who the hell is this?”

The man stopped as he noticed a few more details; the first was that she had a prop resembling his AKM rifle. It was clumsily taped together with a hastily carved piece of wood that served as the buttstock, and the body and a few plastic-looking pipes painted black or scribbled with ink, a detail Konrad couldn’t quite tell.

”She’s using a prop to imitate my AK. It looks like a 5-year-old put it together.”

The second was her voice; he recognized it from the Carousel Boutique. The man desperately searched through his mind quickly as he could while guards of both Luna and Celestia surrounded the audience for a potential panic. Remembering where he heard the voice back in Rarity’s boutique, the man noticed another small but important detail.

Her tail was sticking out of the back, giving away her identity as Konrad thought,

LYRA HEARTSTRINGS?! What the fuck! No way! She’s a Human fangirl in this dimension?! Now I really wish I was in the canon version of Equestria! She dressed like me!! Whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck-”

Feeling another poke on his chest, the man shook himself out of his stupor, seeing Lyra continuing to glare at him. Having enough grief from ponies, he decided to go all out and make the best of it. And by making the best of it, Konrad decided to insult her costume.

“Excuse me? But I believe YOU are the faker! Your costume looks like it came from an outhouse! Folks, who looks fake? Me or her?”

Several ponies in the audience looked at each other in confusion, not knowing what to make of the two before them now. After a few moments of silence, ponies began to laugh at Konrad’s statement, making Lyra blush in embarrassment. But the man didn’t stop there; letting his anger get the best of him, he continued to belittle the mare before him.

“Gloves? They don’t fit you at all! I could probably use those with MY hands.”

As he wiggled his fingers, Lyra looked at them as if she were in a trance. Like all the others, she tried to figure out how lifelike Konrad made them, not realizing they were real.

“And your boots! You don’t have any feet, missy; they look goofy on you, but not goofy like your fake weapon.”

Shaking her head, Lyra glared at him and tried her best to defend her costume.

“Hey, bud! Nopony has no clue what it’s supposed to be! It’s a human-”

”Oh no, I’m not about to get lectured about guns, especially from a pony of all beings.”

Interrupting Lyra, Konrad held a finger up in the air, and the mare oddly seemed to understand the gesture and stopped talking. Beginning his lecture, Konrad said, “A human projectile weapon based on explosive cartridges that propels a metal slug over vast distances, causing both wounds and death. Is that what you were going for, sweetie?”

Lyra was silent; if her face wasn’t covered, Konrad would have seen her jaw drop. Turning around to look at the audience, the man noticed Twilight Sparkle taking notes with a quill and paper. Realizing that he should have left that part out, the man cursed to himself, knowing that Twilight would ask him more details later, something he did not want to do. Pinkie Pie was no longer cheering but watching with her mouth wide at the scene before her. Rainbow Dash simply held the ice pack to her eye and glared at him some more. Scootaloo noticed this and did her best to imitate her idol’s angry glare but only succeeded in making the man go “D’aww!” on the inside.

”Now that’s just plain cute.”

Turning his attention back to Lyra, the man smirked as he asked, “Was that what you were going for?”

Unable to comprehend how Konrad came up with her headcanon explanation of human weaponry exactly word for word, Lyra struggled with her response.

“B-but...I...you...”

“Aha!” shouted Konrad while pointing the finger at her. “See, folks! Proof that she copied me!”

Slamming the prop gun on the stage, Lyra poked him one more time before shouting, “But I signed up! I know I did! Mayor Mare, this is me! He’s the impostor!”

The Mayor looked back and forth between the two, not knowing what to do. A devious smile crossed his face before Konrad turned to the audience and said,

“Folks, it seems we’re at an impasse. It’s now a tie-breaker vote!”

Several ponies looked back and forth before deciding to go along with the new vote. The Mayor shrugged her shoulders, giving the man the green light to go forward. Lyra turned her attention to the herd, nervous about casting a vote.

“Okay, folks! Raise your hooves to vote. All in favor for...” Konrad continued, pointing the finger at Lyra,” ‘her,” vote now.”

Very few ponies raised their hooves for Lyra, with Rainbow Dash doing it out of spite and Scootaloo. The other two ponies were Pinkie Pie and Bon Bon, who the man noticed were dressed as a piece of candy. The man mentally facepalmed at the sight of Bon Bon’s costume before saying, “All in favor of me, raise now!”

Practically everypony raised their hooves for Konrad, making the man smile. His biggest supporter was Apple Bloom, who smiled at him and made the man wish he could just jump off the stage and hug her.

”Hooray! Thanks, Apple Bloom!”

What Konrad failed to notice was the look of disappointment and hurt on Lyra’s face as her face cover fell off. It wasn’t long before tears started to form in her eyes, making a very close friend of hers dressed in a candy costume furious.

“That’s all, folks! Now your highness...” said Konrad as he bowed in Luna’s direction. “I’ll gladly take that those-AAAHHHH!

Without warning, Lyra jumped on top of Konrad and began furiously tugging at his face as best as she could. Feeling his body straining due to his wounds and the tugging of his face, the man grabbed Lyra’s legs and began pushing the mare off him. Several ponies gasped at the comical struggle on stage while several solar and lunar guards made their way towards the altercation. Pinkie Pie’s jaw dropped in horror at seeing what she thought to be the “super-cool-best-awesome-good-human” having his face tugged off while Rainbow Dash laughed. Twilight Sparkle gave her mentor a worried look while Princess Celestia gave her a look of worry herself.

Shining Armor’s eyes were wide as saucers as he wondered how the human that had beaten him in a fight was struggling against a silly unicorn mare. Princess Cadence had a smug look of satisfaction on her face as the human suffered another tug of his face. Apple Bloom’s ears lowered as a look of fear took over seeing her best human friend get hurt, while Applejack watched helplessly and winced at the man’s face getting tugged. Luna watched with her eyes narrowed in disapproval as the mare continued to assault the man of her heart. As more guards walked around the audience backstage, Konrad struggled as Lyra yanked on his face.

”FUCK! Lyra, be cray cray! Get the fuck off of me!”

WHY WON’T THIS MASK COME OFF?!

”Because this ain’t a fucking Scooby Doo episode! GET THE FUCK OFF ME!”

With a final push, Lyra flew off Konrad and landed on her plot hard. Wiping his now sore face, Konrad looked annoyed at the human-crazed unicorn. Shaking herself out of her daze, Lyra looked back at the assumed costume thief and gasped when she realized the truth. His face was natural, and the man swore he could see sparkles gleaming around her face as it bore a look of amazement.

”Uh oh...this isn’t good. Please don’t say that I’m-”

“HE’S REAL!” shouted Lyra.

”-what you just said...I’m so fucked now.”

Turning to the audience, the man saw the eyes of everypony go large as a collective gasp was heard coming from the herd of ponies. All noise ceased in the town of Ponyville as the residents looked onward, shocked to see a mythological being right before their eyes. Nervousness took over the man as he stared at the audience with sweat coming down his forehead.

“Uhhhhh.....”

”C’mon! Think of something! Joke! Anything!”

“Boo?” said Konrad.

It was a decision Konrad would regret immediately, and nothing, not even a facepalm, would suffice for how bad the young man screwed up. First contact was always a fragile situation, and he blew it spectacularly.

Author's Note:

Oh, you guys want to know what happened? Well, you know the drill. Comments are the toll on this bridge of cliffhangers. I hope you guys loved it! I will crank the next one out as fast as possible. Fucking rockets and dumbass Afghani workers, this would have been out sooner if it weren't for those meddling kids!