• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 1,498 Views, 49 Comments

Chemical Ex - Majin Syeekoh



A new drug is released by Transpicuous.

  • ...
7
 49
 1,498

You're an Autist, Twilight

Twilight Sparkle was sitting in Applejack’s barn, surrounded by all of her friends — Applejack(of course), Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Big Macintosh. Her brother Shining Armor was there as well...and Trixie and Discord, strangely enough. They were all staring at her gravely. Twilight shifted uncomfortably.

“So,” Twilight asked, “why did you call me in here?”

Fluttershy nodded. “There’s something that we wanted to talk to you about.”

Applejack nodded as well. “And after what Flutters told us, we think it’d be best if you take a listen.” Shining Armor nodded, too.

Twilight gave everyone present a weird stare. “What is this about?”

Trixie stood up with a piece of paper grasped in her magic, trotted over to Twilight, who grasped the paper in her own magic. Trixie then hugged her, which Twilight found very strange indeed. “It’ll be ok, Twilight. I had no idea,” Trixie said.

“I still don’t know what you’re talking about…” Twilight said as she scanned over the piece of paper. Her pupils pinned when she read the first line.

Is someone you know autistic?

Twilight forcefully shoved Trixie off of her and gave accusing stares to everyone present. “This is what you called me over here for!? That’s it, I’m done here—”

“Wait a sec,” Shining Armor said, “just hear them out. Most of the ponies here are your friends and care deeply for you.” He then glared at Discord. “I don’t know why he’s here, though.”

Discord chuckled. “I just came to watch the show.”

Twilight shook her head. “Well, if Shiny thinks this is worth hearing out, I’m inclined to stay.” Twilight sighed. “So what makes all of you think that I have autism?” Everyone present pulled out a sheet of paper. Twilight facehooved.

“We thought it best if we came prepared,” Rarity said, “we know how you get—”

“—which is autistic,” Rainbow Dash said, which earned her a smack upside the head from Rarity. Rainbow Dash grumbled as she rubbed the point of contact.

Rarity cleared her throat. “As I was saying, we know how you get, which is why we brought facts. We know how much you like facts, isn’t that right?” Rarity asked. Twilight nodded in response.

“This is where I cut in, I guess,” Shining Armor said. He looked down at his sheet of paper. “Well, the big thing that stands out to me is unusual distress when routines are changed.” Shining Armor then stared at Twilight. “You remember how if our parents didn’t warn you a half an hour in advance that we were going out to eat, you’d throw a tantrum until Mom gave up and decided to cook dinner?”

Twilight blushed. “Well, they should have warned me.”

Shining Armor shook his head. “Not to mention the fact that you wouldn’t play with other colts and fillies your own age. You always hung on to me or Princess Celestia.”

Twilight glared at Shining Armor. “That’s because they didn’t share my interests!”

“You mean being an egghead?” Rainbow Dash said as she instinctively dodged Rarity’s hoof.

Twilight turned her head away. “Like I said, the other colts and fillies couldn’t keep up with me. I was on intermediate magical theory when they could barely hold a block with telekinesis!”

Trixie shook her head. “Twilight, I went to the same school and managed to make friends even though I was an arrogant blowhard. Schools are designed in such a way to promote social interaction, and you just threw it all away!”

“Not to mention that you hang out in your library all day,” Applejack said, “t’aint natural.”

Twilight glared at Applejack. “That’s not true! I go on picnics with you girls all the time!”

“Sure, but you wouldn’t have even done that if you hadn’t been assigned friendship reports,” Rarity said.

“And for a Princess of Friendship, you show an amazing lack of empathy,” Discord said. Everypony turned to Discord. “I mean,” he continued, ”don’t you find it a little strange that Fluttershy was assigned to reform me as opposed to future Friendship Royalty?”

Twilight blushed. “It’s not like I didn’t try…”

“By what means?” Discord asked, “a reform spell?” Discord sighed. “Leave it up to an autist to find a mechanical solution to an empathy issue.”

Twilight glared at Discord. “First of all, I don’t think that’s even a word.”

Pinkie raised her hoof. “And remember that time you hooked me up to all those crazy machines like I was a lab rat?”

“Or when you tried to psychoanalyze why I was helping Applejack?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight fixed her glare upon Rainbow Dash. “I thought you and Applejack were having a friendship problem.”

“And that’s another thing!” Applejack said, “when you get yer mind fixed on something, that’s the way it is! Did you ever think to send a letter to Celestia saying everything’s dandy?”

Twilight looked away. “She assigned me to find friendship problems…”

Discord shook his head. “She assigned you to report your findings on friendship. Did it ever occur to you that maybe friendship is smooth sailing sometimes?”

Twilight blushed. “No, it hadn’t.”

Applejack chuckled. “Remember when I moved your inkwell the tiniest bit?”

Twilight glared at Applejack. “I had them placed perfectly!”

“Oh, yeah,I almost forgot!” Pinkie said, “Remember when that piano dropped on your head and you got up like nothing happened?”

“And when you pulled out that slumber party book,” Rarity chortled, “I’ll never forget when you tried to find the part about the tree falling through the window in it!”

Applejack giggled. “Yeah, that was pretty funny.”

“So?” Twilight asked, “what does any of this have to do with autism?”

“Twilight,” Fluttershy said, “these are all classic traits of autism. Although yours appears to be a very mild case.” Fluttershy shook her head. “Besides that, all of your friends besides the three princesses are in this room. Did you ever think to make other friends besides the six of us?”

Twilight looked around nervously. “No...because I have all the friends I need right here!”

Rainbow Dash stared at Twilight. “Twi, we all have other friends outside the ponies—”

“—and Draconequus—”

Rainbow Dash glared at Discord. “We all have friends outside of the ponies here.”

“I myself have socialized with Canterlot’s fashion elite!” Rarity said, beaming.

“I do enjoy chewing the dog with the flower sisters at the market,” Applejack said.

Twilight shot her eyes around like a trapped animal. “Well...what about Trixie! She doesn’t have any friends outside of the ponies here!” Everypony gasped at that.

“How rude!” Rarity said.

Trixie snorted. “You try making friends after taking over the town you reside in due to being magically cursed.”

“Twilight, you’re being tray insensitive,” Pinkie said, “you really need to be more considerate of other ponies’ situations.”

Twilight glared at Pinkie. “I was just making a point!”

Shining Armor shook his head. “I think what everypony—”

“—and Draconequus—”

“—everyone is trying to saying to say here is that this isn’t magically induced, unlike Trixie. You were born this way and it’s been an ever present blockade in your life.”

Twilight looked down and sniffed. “Okay, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I am insensitive to other ponies’ feelings. Maybe I do have a lot of trouble making friends. Maybe I am hypersensitive to how my things are arranged.” She then looked at everyone present. “But how can I fix it besides what I’ve already been doing?”

Pinkie chuckled. “Silly filly, did you think I’d call this meeting without a solution?” she said.

Twilight looked at Pinkie Pie. “And what is your solution?”

Pinkie then pulled out a large pill bottle from...somewhere. “Why, drugs, of course!” Fluttershy and Trixie both turned their heads as they recognized the pill bottle that Pinkie was carrying.

“Where did you get that?” Trixie asked, “that’s not supposed to be on the market for another month!”

“It was an awesome plan!” Rainbow Dash said. “We ordered it through Fluttershy’s business!”

Fluttershy’s eyes widened as she turned her head to Rainbow Dash. “What!? But that would mean that—”

“—I forged your signature on your cheques!” Pinkie said.

Fluttershy glared at Pinkie. “I told you to do that only for emergencies!”

Pinkie raised an eyebrow at Fluttershy. “Doesn’t this count as an emergency?”

Fluttershy nodded uneasily. “I guess so. Please tell me you didn’t order that much…”

Pinkie frowned. “It wasn’t that much, although I did have to order it in bulk. You got a discount for being an employee, though, so that knocked off twenty-five percent.”

“So how much did it cost?” Fluttershy asked, her voice quavering.

“Hmmm...let me see...one hundred bottles at one hundred-fifty bits a bottle…”

“Fifteen thousand bits,” Big Macintosh said. Fluttershy’s eyes popped open in shock.

“Don’t worry, Flutters,” Rainbow Dash said, “we’ll pay back every bit!”

Fluttershy glared at Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. “You better!”

“What is the drug, anyway?” Twilight thought to ask.

Pinkie looked at the bottle. “Hmmm...I don’t know.”

Trixie grasped the bottle from Pinkie in her magic. “Let me see that,” she said as she examined the bottle, a puzzled look crossing her face. “It’s greek to me. Here, Rarity, you have a try,” she said as she lobbed the bottle over to Rarity who caught it in her magic.

Rarity looked over the bottle, clearly confused, then handed it over to Applejack. “Why don’t you try it? You could work on your reading comprehension,” she said with a giggle.

Applejack glared at Rarity as she glanced over the bottle. “Sh’up, you, my readin’s perfectly—this bottle’s cheatin’. Here, Dashie, you give it a whirl,” she said as she threw the bottle to Rainbow Dash who caught it in her hooves.

Rainbow Dash scanned the label. “Um...pulcks-yer?” she offered.

Fluttershy shook her head. “It’s pronounced pleasure.” Everyone present turned to her.

“Well, why didn’t ya say nothin’?” Applejack asked.

Fluttershy smiled as she crossed her forelegs. “I guess Trixie’s rubbing off on me.” Applejack groaned.

Twilight grasped the bottle from Rainbow’s grip and studied it herself, noting the drug name Plxyr printed on the label. “What is it?” Twilight asked.

“It’s a chemical known as methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA for short,” Fluttershy said. “It’s designed for therapeutic use in patients suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder by way of increasing emotional openness and reducing fear and anxiety, thus providing a perfect therapeutic environment to explore difficult feelings...but how did you know what it did?”

Pinkie giggled. “I read the literature you received on it.”

Twilight twisted open the bottle with her magic and pulled out a pill, examining it. It was green, with one side scored presumably to assist in halving, and the other had a debossed X on it. “So this’ll help with my autism?” she asked.

Fluttershy nodded. “Theoretically. It should allow you to fully explore your emotions without fear of repercussion.”

“Hmm,” Twilight vocalized, “why is it scored?”

“Because unicorns have a naturally low tolerance for the effects. You should break the pill in half and take the half only,” Trixie said.

“Okay,” Twilight said as she broke the pill in half and put the other half back in the bottle She then teleported a glass of water to her side and looked at Fluttershy. “You sure this’ll be safe?”

Fluttershy nodded. “I think you’ll be fine, considering recent events.”

Twilight blushed. “Well, here goes nothing,” she said as she put the pill in her mouth and drank the glass of water. “Now what?” she asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy smiled. “Now, we wait.” Twilight nodded. Everypony sat back and relaxed.

“Hey, Dashie,” Applejack whispered.

“What?” Rainbow Dash whispered back.

“Five bits says she freaks out.”

Rainbow Dash giggled. “You’re on.”

----

Fortunately for Twilight(and unfortunately for Applejack), two hours passed and Twilight did not freak out. She was embraced in a tight hug with Rarity, who hugged her back.

“Now, isn’t this nice, Twilight?” Rarity asked.

Twilight nodded. “Yeah. I mean, I’ve hugged you before, but it never felt intimate like this. I used to hug because Celestia hugged, but now I see why she did it,” she said as she rubbed Rarity’s withers softly. She then disengaged Rarity and poked her red, curved horn. “Your horn’s pretty!”

Rarity blushed at that. “I wish more ponies would say that.”

Twilight turned to Fluttershy, her pupils the size of saucers. “I think I’m ready.”

Fluttershy nodded. “Alright, let me just lead you to town…” she said as she went to grab Twilight’s foreleg before Pinkie Pie cut in and grabbed it herself.

“Let me, Fluttershy. I mean I do know everypony in town.”

Fluttershy nodded. “Ok, Pinkie. I trust you.” Pinkie smiled as she led Twilight out of the barn.

“Five bits says she freaks out,” Discord said.

Fluttershy glared at Discord. “That’s not nice! Why would you bet on her freaking out?”

Discord shrugged. “Eh, I figured it was a safe bet.”

“Discord! Take that back!”

Discord groaned as he floated to the ground. “Uhhhh, fine,” he said as he crossed his arms.

----

Pinkie led Twilight Sparkle into the town market, which bustled with activity. Twilight saw somepony she knew and waved.

“Hey, Roseluck!” She called out.

Roseluck looked around confused before finally setting her eyes on Twilight, who was waving at her. She waved back. “Hey, Twilight!”

Twilight and Pinkie trotted to the flower stand. “How are you?” Twilight asked.

Roseluck raised an eyebrow. “Fine, thank you. Would you like to buy anything?”

Twilight looked at Pinkie, who shrugged. Twilight looked confusedly at the flowers, then pointed to a rose. “That one!”

Roseluck nodded. “That’ll be three bits, please.” Twilight nodded and pulled three bits out of her saddlebag, putting them on the counter as she pulled a particularly beautiful rose out of the bunch.

Roseluck blinked. “That one is five bits.” Twilight nodded and went to pull more bits out of her bag before Pinkie smacked her horn, causing her to drop the flower which Pinkie deftly caught in her mouth.

“I think three bits is fine,” Pinkie said as Twilight dizzily rubbed her horn.

Roseluck glared. “You know I’d only do that—”

“—for a friend?” Pinkie finished while staring at her.

Roseluck nodded demurely. “I see. Carry on.” With that, Pinkie smiled and led Twilight away.

After a while, Twilight had spoken to everypony in the market, although she hadn’t bought any more things. They were heading back to the barn when Twilight saw a pony in an alleyway. She froze, causing Pinkie Pie to lose her footing.

“What is it, Twilight?” Pinkie asked.

“That pony in the alley...she looks so lonely. We have to befriend her!” Twilight said resolutely as she grasped the rose from Pinkie’s mouth and marched resolutely over to the white pony with the cyan and azure mane wearing sunglasses.

“Hi!” Twilight said. The pony looked up, then backed away.

“Hey, listen, if this is about your friend, I was really messed up at the time…”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “What? No, I’m here to make friends with you!” She said while she levitated the flower over to the pony. “What’s your name?”

The pony delicately grasped the flower from Twilight’s magic into her own. “Vinyl. Vinyl Scratch.”

Twilight smiled and nodded. “What’s your special talent? Judging by your Cutie Mark, I’m guessing it has to do with messing up music.”

Vinyl Scratch scratched the back of her neck. “I guess you could say that, in a sense...I’m a DJ.”

Twilight nodded again. “That’s nice. Would you like to come back to Applejack’s barn with me where all of my friends are hanging out?”

Vinyl peered at Twilight. “Did you say...all of your friends?”

Twilight smiled. “Yes I did!” she said, “and you’ll get to meet them all!”

Vinyl looked away. “I’m not sure that’s such a good idea…”

“Nonsense!” Twilight said, grabbing Vinyl’s foreleg and dragging her to Pinkie, “I’m sure you’ll get along swimmingly!”

Pinkie stared at Vinyl with slitted eyes. “Twilight, I’m not sure if this is such a good idea…”

Twilight glared at Pinkie Pie. “Look, Pinkie, I made a friend. Don’t you think it would be proper if I introduced her?”

Pinkie stared at Vinyl, then Twilight, then back at Vinyl again and shrugged. “Okie dokie lokie!” she said, “follow me!” Twilight smiled and followed Pinkie along with Vinyl, who was looking around nervously.

----

“So, let me get this straight,” Rainbow Dash said, “you’re a vet AND a pet psychiatrist?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes, that’s correct.”

“Just one thing,” Rarity asked, “where did you find the time to acquire these degrees?”

Fluttershy giggled. “After high school, of course!”

Applejack nodded. “So when did you finish high school?”

“When I was ten.” Everypony stared at Fluttershy.

“One more question,” Trixie asked, “what’s your IQ score?”

Fluttershy blushed. “I really don’t wanna say…”

Trixie glared at Fluttershy. “Come on, Fluttershy, nopony will think that you’re bragging. We’re all friends here, right? Besides, we asked you!” Everypony nodded at that.

“Well, okay,” Fluttershy said, “it’s two hundred and fifteen.” Everypony stared at her, at a loss for what to say.

“That’s,” Shining Armor finally said, “that’s higher than Twilight’s…”

Rarity giggled. “Well that certainly explains a lot.”

“You ain’t kidding,” Rainbow Dash said, grinning smugly, “who knew Flutters was a supergenius!?”

“I could have guessed that,” Rarity said, leveling a glare at Rainbow Dash, “in fact, that’s what I was inferring.”

“Oh, shut up,” Rainbow Dash said, leveling her own glare back at Rarity.

“By the way,” Discord asked, “what’s Twilight’s?”

“Two hundred,” Shining Armor said while lifting his head up.

Discord peered at Shining Armor. “And what’s yours?”

Shining Armor blushed. “One hundred-thirty.”

Rarity trotted over to Shining Armor and patted his withers. “Oh, come on, that’s nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s higher than mine.”

Shining Armor let a small smile escape from his lips. “I guess so.”

The barn door opened slightly, revealing Pinkie and Twilight.

“So,” Fluttershy asked, smiling, “how did it go?”

“Er…” Pinkie vocalized.

Twilight smiled. “It went great! I said hi to everypony in town, and I even made a new friend! Come on in, Vinyl!” Fluttershy’s eyes popped open upon hearing that. She was hoping that she meant a different Vinyl.

Her fears were realized when a white unicorn with a cyan and azure mane trotted in, smiling weakly. Fluttershy shrieked and darted behind Big Mac, who stood up along with Trixie. Everypony else in the room just leered at Vinyl. Discord, however, giggled.

“I see a lot of chaos in your future, Vinyl…” he said. Vinyl gulped.

“What are you doing bringing this hooligan here!?” Trixie said, charging her horn up with pink.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said as his eyes slitted.

Rarity snorted. “I don’t know why you’re even bothering, Trixie. It’s not like your magic can do any serious damage.”

Vinyl’s eyes darted around. “I don’t know about that…” Trixie smiled upon hearing that.

Twilight stared confusedly at Fluttershy, Big Mac, and Trixie. “Why are you all being so hostile towards Vinyl?”

Trixie snorted. “I trotted into the bathroom of the Greenlight Lounge to find this disk jockey trying to scratch Fluttershy, if you get my drift.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “Not really, no.”

“Skip her record?” Trixie asked.

“What?

Trixie sighed in frustration. “Change her tracks?”

Twilight facehooved. “Will you quit it with the euphemisms and just spit it out!?”

“S-she sexually assaulted me!” Fluttershy finally spit out.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac hissed.

Twilight furrowed her brow. “Hmmm...that is an issue.”

Pinkie glared at Twilight. “I tried to warn you.”

Twilight glared back. “Not really. You just asked me if it was a good idea, and based on the information I had, it was.” Twilight then faced Fluttershy. “But I’m sure you can forgive her after five months! I mean, you made friends with Trixie!”

“B-but she was under the influence of dark magic! It’s different!” Fluttershy squeaked.

“But you know who wasn’t influenced by dark magic?” Discord asked.

“Wh-who?”

Discord grinned widely while pointing to himself. “Me! You befriended me after I mind-raped you!”

“Discord, ya mind-raped all of us,” Applejack said while she glared at the draconequus.

Discord shook his head. “No, I tricked the rest of you into mind-raping yourselves. Fluttershy was the only pony I had to directly mind-rape.”

Twilight glared at Fluttershy. “Which brings up my exact point, strangely enough. If you can forgive the Lord of Chaos after directly mind-raping you, surely you can forgive Vinyl for assaulting you sexually.” Twilight smiled and pushed Vinyl into the center of the room. “So why don’t you give it a shot?”

Fluttershy hid behind Big Macintosh, still shivering. “I-I don’t know, Twilight…”

Twilight glared at Fluttershy. “Come on! We all tolerated Discord after you befriended him, so you could show me the same courtesy!”

“Courtesy ain’t got nothin ta do with it, if ya ask me…” Applejack said through gritted teeth.

“Seriously?” Twilight asked, “if you can forgive Discord for mind-raping you AND Trixie for enslaving you, why can’t you forgive Vinyl?”

Applejack pondered that for a moment.

“You know, she’s got a point,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Sh’up, I’m thinking,” Applejack replied.

“Well, while Applejack’s lost in that forest,” Rarity said, “I don’t see why you can’t forgive her. Twilight’s put up a rather strong argument.”

“Ya know, I’m right here.”

Rarity smiled at Applejack with her eyes closed. “I know, darling.”

Twilight facehooved. “Look, what’s it going to take you to forgive Vinyl?”

Fluttershy shook her head, still shivering. Twilight’s eyes flashed as she picked up the bottle of Plxyr and examined it.

“Maybe this?” she said, “you did say it was good for getting over traumatic experiences…”

Fluttershy looked around uneasily, then got out from behind Big Mac. “I guess it couldn’t hurt…”

Twilight smiled as she took out a full pill and the half-pill from earlier and shoved the full pill into Fluttershy’s mouth, upon which she started choking. Twilight then rubbed her throat, and Fluttershy swallowed. She then floated the half-pill over to Vinyl, who grasped it in her magic, examining it.

“What’s this?” she asked.

Twilight smiled. “It’s a medication that enabled me to make friends.”

Vinyl shrugged. “Good enough for me,” she said as she swallowed the pill. “Now what?”

Twilight smiled. “Now, we wait.”

----

“...and that’s why I never talk about my parents,” Fluttershy said, now holding hooves with Vinyl, both of them sitting on the ground. Everyone was staring in shock at the scene before them.

“That is so interesting,” Vinyl said, staring into Fluttershy’s eyes, “I had no idea.”

“Whoah…” Pinkie said, “they’re like...best friends now.”

“I know,” Twilight said, herself sitting, “isn’t it great?”

“I must say that this proves the drug’s efficacy once and for all..." Rarity said, "why, if everypony took this…”

“Wait,” Vinyl said, turning her head to Rarity, “what was that last part?”

“If everypony took this?”

Vinyl jumped up onto her hooves and started pacing. “That’s it!”

“What’s it?” Applejack asked. Vinyl trotted over to Rarity and hugged her, Rarity recoiling in response.

“You’re a genius, Rarity!”

Rarity blushed. “I always thought so myself, but why now?”

Vinyl disengaged from Rarity and started pacing again. “We’ll hold a rave!” She then looked towards Shining Armor. “Remember those, Shining?”

“Yes, I do, Vinyl,” Shining Armor replied, “yes, I do.”

Rainbow raised a hoof. “What’s a rave?”

Shining Armor laughed. “It’s a giant party with electronic music where everyone gets wasted.”

Pinkie bounced six feet in the air. “Woo-hoo! Count me in!”

Applejack smirked. “I see how that would drum up some business.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said.

Vinyl grinned ear to ear. “How many of those pills do you have left?”

“Uh, nineteen thousand, nine hundred and ninety-eight,” Rainbow Dash said.

“You could sell those at the rave!”

Fluttershy’s eyes popped open. “But isn’t that illegal?”

“I’ll write everypony involved pardons,” Twilight said, “although a party of this magnitude would require excessive organization…”

Fluttershy nodded. “Well, in that case, I guess I could contribute some ketamine to the cause…”

Vinyl turned her head towards Fluttershy. “You have K?”

Fluttershy giggled. “Of course. I’m a veterinarian.”

Vinyl squealed. “This is gonna be awesome!”

“I’ll get some weed off of my guy in Cloudsdale—”

“How do they grow weed in Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash?” Trixie asked.

Rainbow Dash waved a dismissive hoof at Trixie. “Hydroponics, duh! High-altitude smoke is the best smoke!”

“Well, how was I supposed to know that?” Trixie grumbled.

Rainbow Dash laughed derisively. “Well, I wouldn’t expect a unicorn to know that.”

“Shut up.”

“I’ll supply the liquor, of course,” Applejack said.

“And I’ll PLAN the PARTY!” Pinkie screamed.

Discord raised an eyebrow at Twilight. “Don’t you have anything to contribute?”

“Of course,” Twilight said, “I’ll be organizing.”

Discord kept staring at Twilight. “I mean something chemical.”

Twilight looked around nervously. “I have no idea what you’re talking about, Discord.”

Discord looked away. “Hmmph.”

Twilight looked down.

“I thought you wanted a party…” Discord taunted.

Twilight sighed. “Fine, I’ll cook up some LSD.” Discord grinned.

Vinyl turned her head towards Twilight. “LSD? What’s that?”

Twilight sighed again. “It’s hard to explain the effects if you haven’t taken it yourself...I assure you, though, at a proper dosage, it’s quite pleasant.”

Vinyl grinned. “Sounds awesome!” she said while pacing around. “By the way, what’s that drug you gave me called?”

“Methylenedioxymethamphetamine,” Twilight said with pride.

Vinyl frowned. “Too sciencey,” she said as she grasped the pill bottle, twisted off the top, pulled out one of the pills and examined it.

“Yes, Vinyl?” Twilight asked.

“Why don’t we call it...Ex?”

Pinkie raised an eyebrow. “Ex?”

Vinyl nodded. “Yeah, there’s a big X on it, so why not just go with that?”

Twilight frowned. “I rather like the original name…”

“Of course you do, because you’re an autistic egghead,” Rainbow Dash said while dodging hooves from both Applejack and Rarity.

“So what are we waiting for?” Pinkie asked, “let’s get this party planned!”