• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 2,406 Views, 28 Comments

Hero in Equestria - Love the Changeling



Link winds up in Equestria due to a spell cast by Twilight

  • ...
3
 28
 2,406

It begins

Twilight Sparkle's library

The town of Ponyville was quite peaceful, it was a beautiful day outside. Most of the ponies that lived here were out and about enjoying the sunshine.

In the library however, six mares were seated in a semi-circle with a purple alicorn at the center. Behind the alicorn was a circle drawn in chalk on the floor with intricate designs between the inner and outer edge.

"Ah jus' don' think this is a good idea Twi, ya don' even know what will come through" an orange mare with an accented voice argued to the named alicorn.

"I keep telling you, it would be beneficial to study of other races of creatures" Twilight argued back at Applejack, "I'm going to do this"

Seeing that she wouldn't be able to dissuade her, Applejack quieted down. Twilight turned around to check her handiwork for any errors that she may have made, seeing none she got to work casting the spell.

As she was charging her horn, the circle pulsed in time with it, glowing brighter by the second.

=================================================================================

Master Sword Grove

Deep within the Faron Woods, was a grove. It was lush and green with ruins that surrounded it. In the middle of this place a sword placed in a pedestal was resting.

On the far side of the clearing, you could make out a tall figure in a green tunic scaling the steps to leave the place. His adventure was over and it was time to head on home "Maybe I'll finally be able to get some much needed rest"

Link was on his way home after finishing up business in the woods. There was a slight breeze blowing through the leaves, the forest was green and full of life.

As he was walking he reflected on what had happened during his adventure. He was walking across a clearing, making good progress through the forest when he felt a strange tugging sensation on his back.

He quickly spun around to try and see what it was. Link looked around the clearing for any sign of danger, and found none.

Shrugging, he was going to continue on his way, when he felt the tugging sensation again. He stood absolutely still, searching for whatever is tugging on him.

=================================================================================

"Is it supposed to do that sugarcube?" Applejack asked Twilight with concern in her voice.

"If you mean use so much energy, no it shouldn't" Twilight responded through gritted teeth, "I think I can... get it to work" With visible strain and an extremely bright flash, all went silent.

=================================================================================

Link was still searching around for any disturbances. Other than the wind picking up a bit, nothing was out of the ordinary.

Cautiously making his way across the clearing, the wind picked up some more. This normally wouldn't be cause for any concern, but considering some of the things he's had to fight, it couldn't hurt to be cautious.

He held his shield forward, tensed for a fight. He slowly made it a few more steps across the field.

As he took another step, a pattern appeared beneath his feet. It had intricate swirling lines arranged in a circle and was glowing quite brightly. Before he could do anything though, a bright flash occurred.

The next thing he knew, he was falling. It was a swirling miasma of colors that greeted his eyes, and he was tumbling through it.

He got a feeling, and he widened his eyes due to its familiarity. It was the feeling he got when he was assuming his beast form, quite tingly, then numbness.

Link landed harshly on his four paws and grunted a bit. The first thing he saw was a wooden floor beneath his feet, next was enough books to put most libraries to shame, and last was six brightly colored horses looking at him with wide, slightly fearful eyes.

=================================================================================

The mane six all jumped when the beast in the circle turned its gaze to them. It was a wolf, about the size of a pony with blue eyes, an earring in the right ear, strange lines of white fur and a metal cuff with chain on its left foreleg. To say it looked intimidating was an understatement.

It swiveled its head to look around, seemingly dismissing them. This seemed to offend Applejack and Rainbow Dash the most out of the six. Rarity and Twilight were still looking at it with wide eyes, Pinkie Pie was practically vibrating where she stood, while Fluttershy had her eyes locked on the wolf, studying it.

=================================================================================

Link was looking around the library for possible escape routes. He had seen a second floor that he could probably jump to.

The most prominent features of the horses were the large eyes, and the fact some had wings, a horn, or both. It confused him, but an escape was more important. Two of them were plain horses, one was orange with a blond mane while the other was eye-searingly pink. Two of them had wings, one with a blue body and a rainbow colored mane. She was looking at Link suspiciously while hovering in the air.

The yellow winged horse was looking at Link with a scrutinizing gaze, one that was making him feel a bit uncomfortable in its intensity.

The blinding pink one had a massive smile that was too big for her face while vibrating in place, and the purple one with the horn and wings was still standing there with a shocked look on her face.

=================================================================================

It's a predator, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO?! Were the thoughts running through Twilight's mind as she stared, unblinking, at the wolf standing in the middle of the room.

She had heard of wolves before, and hoped that she wouldn't have to face one. The books that mentioned them that she read described them as cunning predators that could take down a pony. Needless to say, her prey instincts were running wild.

=================================================================================

Link was still standing in the circle, figuring that his best chance of escape was bolting for the stairs before any of them could react. Sweeping his gaze back around the room, he could see the obvious signs of panic starting in the purple horse. Looking across the rest of them, he could see that the orange and blue horses were tensed, likely ready to attack if need be.

Out of them, he could see that the yellow winged one didn't show any outward fear of him. Her gaze had softened a bit and she tilted her head at him. "Hello there, I'm Fluttershy" she said this with a soft voice. Surprised, he merely nodded his head in response to her statement.

She gave Link a questioning look, which made him realize she wanted to know his name, "I'm Link, nice to meet you"

At his statement, all of them froze up a bit, apparently not expecting him to be able to talk to them.

As the silence between them grew, the urge to make a run for it became even more tempting. Finally, the blue one spoke up, "Yep, talking wolf, last time I miss my nap, see ya" she said while speeding off out the window.

The orange one proceeded to facehoof at that declaration, "Ah swear Rainbow, ah swear"

Author's Note:

Well, my first story, let me know what you think.

If you're wondering, Link worked on a ranch, so in the interest of his health, he tried not to panic them. Also, a lot of weird stuff has happened to him, multi-colored horses is not very surprising.