• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 2,406 Views, 28 Comments

Hero in Equestria - Love the Changeling



Link winds up in Equestria due to a spell cast by Twilight

  • ...
3
 28
 2,406

Introductions

Link stood there, waiting for one of them to react. He shuffled his paws a bit, making the chain rattle softly, this seemed to make Fluttershy snap out of her shock.

She moved a bit closer, "I didn't know you could communicate with us, what kind of wolf are you?"

Link turned, his gaze meeting hers, "One of a kind"

Fluttershy noted the weariness in his tone. Looking closer, she could see that Link showed signs of exhaustion, "A-are you alright?"

"Yeah, why?" Link asked.

"Well, you look tired, exhausted even" Fluttershy said. She started moving around Link in a slow circle, "I can also see a few old scars, where the fur is uneven, what happened to you?"

"Fighting monsters and running for your life will do that" he said dryly.

Fluttershy gulped, "Is that how you got those?"

Link nodded in confirmation to her question. He looked around and saw that the others were looking more closely at where Fluttershy noticed his old wounds.

=================================================================================

Fluttershy

Looking at Link, Fluttershy could see that he had been in a number of fights. However, the most prominent of his scars were a long, thin one that went along his right side, and a rough patch of fur on his left shoulder, possibly a burn. Being a caretaker, she knew what to look for.

There were also a few smaller ones that were barely noticeable, but her attention was drawn by the cuff that was attached to his left foreleg.

"Um, Mr. Link, could you tell me how you got that cuff, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked, gradually getting quieter as she went on.

Link glanced at the metal cuff on his leg, "To put it simply, I got captured by the enemy, someone got me out, and I just never bothered to get the cuff removed" he finished with a yawn.

=================================================================================

Link

Twilight snapped back to awareness, smiling wider by the second, Link noticed this, "Um, are you okay?"

She looked at him with hungry eyes, "I must learn everything about you" She pulled a list from somewhere, creeping Link out more and more by the second, "We have to run tests, ask questions, find out about your culture!" suddenly, running was looking like the best option. Apparently her friends thought getting out of there was a good idea to, they were slowly inching towards the front door.

Link turned to look at them as the winged unicorn opened a door to the basement and descended, "Erm, should I start running, she sounds a bit loony"

The rest of them mumbled something resembling a yes. Fluttershy motioned him to follow her after a loud crash was heard downstairs, she muttered, "Maybe I can get Angel to hide him for a while" Link followed her out to door into the town.

Walking through town was surprisingly easy, most of the denizens looked at Link, then Fluttershy, and carried on with their business. Link was thinking this over a bit, "They aren't panicking, maybe Fluttershy has some influence in this town?"

He came up on Fluttershy's left and whispered, "Why aren't they panicking at the sight of me?" It really was quite strange, other than three mares running a flower stand that had spotted him, none of them were very concerned about his being there.

Fluttershy answered, "Oh, well, I'm an animal caretaker. They used to panic whenever I brought Barry the Bear to help with shopping, but now they don't"

"Ah, that actually explains quite a bit" He thought while continuing to follow Fluttershy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good while walking, they made their way across a bridge to a small cottage. It had multiple small entrances, with many birdhouses along the outside, the yard sported a chicken coop, and plenty of space with a pond. The most jarring thing though, was the number of animals that were flocking around the cottage, "Sheesh, this makes Agitha look tame by comparison"

A white bunny was hopping down the path towards them, a scowl seemingly permanently etched onto his face, "Where were you Fluttershy?!"

She turned her attention to him, "Oh, hello Angel, I was helping Twilight with one of her experiments" Fluttershy admitted sheepishly.

He turned his scrutinizing gaze to Link, "Who's this chump, and why is he here?"

Turning towards the rude bunny, "I'm Link, as for why I'm here, a maniacal, purple, winged unicorn wanted to run tests and ask questions about me"

Angel winced at the explanation, "You must be the result of her experiment then"

Fluttershy interjected, "Angel, um, I was wondering if, maybe, you could hide Link for a bit?"

He scratched his chin, looking thoughtful, "Hmm, for five carrots, I can hide him for you"

"Three is more reasonable" Fluttershy offered.

Angel gave her a hard look, "Four, and that's my final offer"

They shook on it, and Angel motioned Link to follow him. Link's thoughts were jumbled into something like, "Did I really get passed off to a bunny, for four carrots?"

Heading around to the backyard, Angel explained, "Alright new guy, there are a few rules that you need to follow if you want to stay here. First, no harming the other animals that live here" Link nodded in understanding, "Second, if you hurt Fluttershy, I will make your life miserable" Angel leveled a glare that would have made Ganondorf proud at Link, "Any questions?"

Link returned his glare with a look of indifference, "Yeah, where do I live?"

His glare softened a bit, "None of us really care as long as you behave yourself" with that Angel hopped away.

Alone, Link chose a shady spot near the tree and laid down to hopefully get some sleep, "At least this place is peaceful, maybe I can finally get some much needed rest" with that, he closed his eyes.

Author's Note:

First of all, sorry this took so long to get out, I was having trouble trying to figure out where to take the story, and my muse decided to abandon me for a while there.

Italics are the thoughts of whoever's POV it is.
Bold is for animal speak, what wouldn't be normally understood by the average pony.
Finally a tilde line (~~~~) represents a time skip in the current POV (Let's be honest, you wouldn't want to read every single little detail about a normal walk through the town)

Other than that, I should (hopefully) be getting chapters out sooner. Alright, enjoy.