• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 2,406 Views, 28 Comments

Hero in Equestria - Love the Changeling



Link winds up in Equestria due to a spell cast by Twilight

  • ...
3
 28
 2,406

Overgrowth

Spike

Spike awoke, grumbling about it being too early in the day to be up. Walking to the stairs, he looked down. What he saw wasn't promising, there was an intricate chalk circle on the floor, three of Twilight's friends sitting in a semi-circle, and various sounds emanating from the basement door.

He went to Applejack, and said with a long-suffering tone, "What'd Twilight do this time Applejack"

She turned to him, "New spell she wanted us here ta see"

Spike face-palmed, "I'm guessing that because the library's intact, it worked"

"Eeyup, summoned some sorta intelligent wolf" Applejack winced at what sounded like something breaking in the basement, "He skedaddled when Twi' started ramblin' about wantin' ta run tests"

He groaned, "Ugh, just one more thing to worry about with her, she always makes ME rewrite her checklists when stuff like this happens"

Twilight must have overheard the conversation, because next thing he knew, he was standing in the middle of the library, holding a checklist while she ran around in a panic.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity started backing away slowly, heading towards the nearest exit.

=================================================================================

Fluttershy

~~~~~~~~(The next day, Ponyville Train Station)~~~~~~~~

Fluttershy was gathered, along with her friends, at the train station. They had some time to wait until the train actually departed. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were having a hoof wrestling contest, Pinkie Pie was talking to Twilight, and Fluttershy was trading gossip with Rarity.

Twilight was tapping one of her hooves nervously while Pinkie was babbling something about cupcakes. Fluttershy kept looking to see how she was faring, "She always gets like this whenever Princess Celestia summons her, I wish there was something I could do to help"

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the conductor shouting for anypony heading to Canterlot to board. Twilight clambered into the passenger car of the train, and began pacing from one end of it to the other, "I hope she isn't like this the entire trip"

=================================================================================

Link

Link was walking around the cottage. Fluttershy was going to be gone for most of the day, "Might as well take a look around"

"Hey, we have shopping that needs to get done!" squeaked a white rabbit perched on Link's back.

He turned to give the rabbit a flat look, "And why do I need to go with you again?"

Angel looked up from his list, "Because, I need someone to translate for me" he shot a self-satisfied grin at Link, "That, and I'm in charge while Fluttershy's not here"

"Reminds me of Midna, only bossier" He let out a snort at that thought.

Angel had, more or less, ran up to Link, slapped on a pair of saddlebags, and told him to head to the market. The majority of the citizens regarded the duo with confusion, like they didn't know whether to run, or laugh from the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

~~~~~~~~(Some time later)~~~~~~~~

Link swiveled an ear to listen to a whistling sound in the distance. The shopping had gone surprisingly well, other than three mares knocking themselves out when they went to get some flowers from their stand, "Don't worry, they overreact to everything"

He let out an amused laugh at the reminder, "I can't believe flower pots hit them on their heads simultaneously"

Angel chuckled a bit, "Yeah, well that should be everything" he stood up on Link's head, "And now, to the cottage!" at this he struck a pose.

Link started walking off in the direction indicated. While he was going back to the cottage, he noticed a few small, black, vine-like weeds growing through cracks in the cobblestone.

"Oh, what are you doing out here Link?" he recognized the voice as Fluttershy's. She came up on Link's right and trotted with him.

"Blame the furball there" he said while motioning at Angel, who was currently standing on his head, "He dragged me out to do some shopping, for whatever reason"

"Well, he usually takes charge while I'm gone you see, an- AAAAAAHHHHH" Fluttershy shrieked, causing Link to cringe. Looking forward, he could see why, thick, spiked vines were growing all over her house, steadily making their way towards town.

Link looked at the weeds, "Erm, what are these things?"

Fluttershy was hyperventilating, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" she gasped suddenly, "The other critters at the cottage! I have to see if they're alright!" she said before dashing off towards her home.

"Well, what are you standing around for, get moving!" Angel practically screamed into Link's ear.

Looking back at the town, the black weeds Link had seen before were growing larger, and seemed to be trying to ensnare anything within range of their grasp, "This reminds me too much of Diababa" he thought while watching a couple of mares become caught by the plants.

He watched as the plant sprayed something on a unicorn, then it turned to confusion when he saw various things levitating into the air and chasing others, "Huh, why doesn't it finish them when it has the chance?"

Angel thumped one of his feet on Link's head, "You need to do something, those plants could be hurting Fluttershy!"

Link looked up, annoyed by his attitude, "I doubt that, whatever this is, it doesn't seem intent on hurting others"

He glared down at Link from atop his head, "And what makes you so sure of that, huh?!"

Link returned it with equal ferocity, "For one, I've actually had to deal with murderous plants before, and second, do you see any serious injury caused by it?"

Angel looked around, and could not refute his logic, "But still, we need to do something"

Link nodded, "I agree, the question though, is what. Hmm, do you have anything that might be able to stop the weeds?" as he said this, he noticed both the sun and moon rising into the sky, then suddenly stopping in the middle of it. This had the effect of further panicking the locals.

"How in the world is that even possible?" he thought while staring at the sky, half of which was bright as day, while the other half showed night sky. Most of the ponies looked up in terror, some getting caught by the vines while others ran into their homes, "Not the time to worry about that now" Link thought while running towards some vines chasing a couple of locals.

When he got close enough, he leaped and bit into the end of one of the vines, making it hiss and alert the other ones of his presence. With a sharp tug of his head, the vine severed in two, with one half clenched in Link's jaw.

With the vines attention focused on Link, he started dodging their strikes, two of them somehow knotting themselves together, "That might work, but it won't stop them for long" with that in mind, he started the task of stopping the vines.

Author's Note:

Not one of my better chapters, but I did my best to make it as good as possible.

Let me know what you think, what I did right, wrong, etcetera.