• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 31 Comments

The Tale of Evil Rarity - RarityFigma



Rarity and Spike find a heart-shaped diamond with mystical and devious power

  • ...
1
 31
 1,955

The Oh Celestia What?!

“Answer me now,” Twilight growled. The purple pony rattled her chains. “Tell me who you are and what you want.” Rarity burst into another binge of laugher. The strange voice continued to emanate from the white unicorn’s body. Fluttershy started to tremble. She closed her eyes, but nothing could drown out the evil laugh that echoed against the cave walls. Twilight couldn’t clench her teeth any harder. “WHO ARE YOU?!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Rarity wiped a tear from her eye that came from her laughing too much. “You don’t know who I am? She said with a chuckle. “Doesn’t this ring a bell?” The pony pointed to the blue diamond that hung around Rarity’s neck. Well actually it didn’t seem to be hanging on Rarity’s neck as much as it seemed to be stuck to it. This was the moment Twilight noticed Rarity wasn’t wearing the outfit from before. She was naked with the exception of the diamond. But if the diamond wasn’t attached to the dress, then what was it attached too? Suddenly staring at the gem gave Twilight an epiphany. She gasped and backed her head against the wall.

“I know who you are,” Twilight said slowly. Fluttershy looked over at Twilight confused. Rarity grinned with joy.

“So good to now at least somepony remembers my greatness,” Rarity said.

“You’re not great. YOU’RE A MONSTER!” Twilight shouted at the white unicorn.

Fluttershy mustered all of her energy to speak. “Who… who is she Twilight?” Fluttershy said panicked.

Rarity twirled around the room. “Well Twilight!” Rarity laughed. “Should you tell her or shall I?” Twilight let out a sigh and closed her eyes. Fluttershy stared at her intently. The purple mare seemed to be trying to raise the courage to speak. Finally she opened her mouth.

“About 500 years ago there was a unicorn named Ava,” Twilight said slowly. “Like Nightmare Moon, today she’s only the stuff of filly tales, but I guess she too is real.” Rarity was dancing with joy as Twilight spoke.

“Come on Twilight!” Rarity cheered. “Tell her what I did! Tell her why they called me the Fallen Unicorn!”

Fluttershy turned back from Rarity to look at Twilight. The purple mare let out another sigh as if articulating the story was itself painful. Still slowly Twilight continued to speak. “Ava was the top of her class in Magic Kindergarten. But that wasn’t all. She quickly tested out of all the Canterlot magic learning institutions before she even got her cutie mark. Celestia couldn’t ignore such an amazing pony. When Ava reached marehood after years of isolated magic training, Celestia sought her out. The princess appointed her to head Canterlot’s magical research and development team. Her job was to discover new spells but.”

Twilight froze as if continuing to speak was too hard for her. Rarity was hopping in a Pinkie Pie fashion with glee. Fluttershy was scared, but she was even more intrigued. “But what,” the pegasus asked pensively.

Twilight shot Rarity another death glare. “But that was when ponies started to disappear,” the purple mare growled. Fluttershy began to shiver again wishing she hadn’t asked. Rarity was shaking. Twilight managed to regain her composure and continued to speak. “Ava was a unicorn supremacist. She only cared about unicorns and hated all other forms of life. So she abused her job as head researcher to experiment on anything she could get her hooves on. Ava killed more creatures than anypony could imagine. She would amputate pegasus wings to stitch them to unicorns. She would consume dragon hearts with the hope of breathing fire. There was no limit to what she did in her power hungry madness.”

Fluttershy almost wet herself. “Wh… why did she…,” the pegasus tried to say. “Why did she ha… hate other crea… creatures?” Rarity jumped over into Fluttershy’s face almost scaring the mare’s soul out of her throat.
“Well I’ll tell you that!” Rarity shouted point blank at Fluttershy. “Magic is all that matters in this world! If you can’t do magic you’re weak and the world doesn’t need the weak! I worked tirelessly to use the dregs of the planet to make unicorns SMARTER FASTER and most importantly STRONGER! Everything Twilight said about me is true! Except for one thing!” Rarity backed away from Fluttershy who was now quietly sobbing. “I never killed a unicorn that agreed with me. That was my limit.”

“The only unicorns who agreed with you were insane!” Twilight yelled back. “Besides I didn’t get the best part of the story.” Twilight managed to make those last words as smug as possible, but Rarity only smiled.

“Go on Twi,” Rarity laughed. “Tell her how your Princess stopped me.”
Twilight grunted before turning to Fluttershy. The yellow pony was whimpering covered in a deluge of tears. Twilight tried to make her next words empowering. “When Princess Celestia found out about Ava’s actions she resolved to destroy her.” Fluttershy opened her eyes to look at Twilight. “But.” Fluttershy began to shiver again. “The Princess wasn’t sure that she could defeat Ava in battle nor did she want to risk anymore ponies’ lives. So she created that.” Twilight would’ve pointed if she could. So instead she just looked directly at the diamond on Rarity. Fluttershy shot a quick glance at the gem.

“Whaa,” the pegasus sobbed. “What… is… that?”

“It’s a soul gem,” Twilight answered. “It steals the soul of whatever pony uses magic on it. Princess Celestia sent it to Ava and when she received it. BOOM! Soul gone crisis averted.” Fluttershy tried to look up at Twilight, but she was still overcome with fear. Twilight’s next words didn’t help the pony at all.

“After Ava’s soul was taken her body was destroyed, but all her magic was linked to her soul and resided in that gem.” Twilight spoke with renowned authority even thought she had been told this story once as a filly by her brother to scare her. Rarity was still grinning maliciously. She walked closer to Twilight and stared her in the eye.

“Tell her what happened next Twilight,” Rarity said with a sudden intense passion. “It’s my favorite part of the story.”
Twilight growled at her. “The gem you were imprisoned in was stolen by thieves before Princess Celestia could properly destroy it.” Twilight said beating back a desire to spit in the evil pony’s face.

Rarity frolicked around the cave. “It’s lovely!” She chimed. “A pony’s simple greed let me survive! It was a sign! A sign that my work is FAR from over! This world in my absence has filled with filth and weakness. Friendship and compromise have replaced war and power! But I’ll change all that. I’ll change everything.”

“You’ll fail!” Twilight screamed at Rarity.

“Oh Twilight Sparkle,” Rarity answered. “Do you really think the Elements of Harmony are just going to teleport themselves here for you to use on me?”

Twilight froze up. “How did you know my last name?” She asked with fright. “And how did you know about the Elements?!”

“Ha!” Rarity laughed. “You think I didn’t acquire a memory reading spell in my studies!” Twilight shuddered. “I know everything about you Twilight Sparkle of Canterlot.” She turned and pointed at Fluttershy. “I know that this waste of wings is called Fluttershy.” Rarity then moved toward Pinkie and Spike. “And I know about your mud pony and pet salamander friends too! All your little adventures, all of your powers, and all of your weaknesses! I know them all!”

Twilight began to shiver. Was that really possible? She thought. Rarity’s smile grew as she caught Twilight’s gaze. “Yes it’s possible,” Rarity said with a chuckle. “And stopping thinking so loud; my mindreading spell is working just fine! No need to help!”

Twilight’s eyes widened. She could read minds too?! Twilight tried to remain bold. “You’ll never succeed Ava!” She screamed. “I’ll destroy you myself!” Rarity walked over to Twilight and grabbed her horn. The purple pony cried in pain. Fluttershy shut eyes as she cried even more softly. The pegasus didn’t know which hurt more. Watching Twilight suffer or watching her closest friend be the one to hurt her? The yellow pony whimpered as she wished with all her might to be somewhere, anywhere else.

Rarity laughed as Twilight struggled to force her growth ridden horn from the unicorn’s grasp. “Let me tell you Twilight,” She said with pleasure. “It sure was lucky for me to find this Rarity of yours.” She pointed with the hoof not grabbing Twilight at her gem. From this angle Twilight in between gasps of pain was finally able to get a clear look at what was holding the gem to Rarity’s body. Nothing was holding it. The gem was fused to her neck.

Twilight was about to puke. Rarity laughed some more. “Those thieves eventually were killed and their treasure, me was left on that mountain. I almost lost hope you know! I waited for hundreds of years for a unicorn to come that far. It was just my luck that the thieves were mud ponies! Oh well can you do?” Rarity let go of Twilight’s horn, but kept touching the growth on her horn. “What made Rarity so perfect was that she was so weak! My soul easily overpowered her pitiful body! She was the perfect vessel for my revival!”

Twilight raised her head to look Rarity in the eyes. “Rarity… is not… weak,” Twilight said with a hushed fury. Rarity laughed as she pushed against Twilight’s horn growth. The prodding caused Twilight to shake in pain. Rarity wiped another tear from her eye.

“Regardless your friend’s greatest gift was bringing me to you Twilight Sparkle,” Rarity said in a low voice. “It would be hard for little miss Rarity to stroll into Canterlot right up to Celestia’s chambers, but for the princess’s star pupil and the sister to the captain of the royal guard, it’ll be a cake walk!”

“I’D DIE BEFORE HELPING YOU!” Twilight screamed with the energy she quickly realized she had in low supply.
Rarity jabbed Twilight’s horn again causing the mare to tear up.

“I don’t need you to help me,” She said with a chuckle. “I just need your body.” Twilight’s eyes opened wide and she began to tremble. Rarity laughed as she pointed at the growth. “This is a curse I created. I said I never killed unicorns that agreed with me, but sadly few ever did. Those who sympathize with the weak are themselves weak! I found a method to use ponies like that you who wasted their magic on friendship! Twilight could barely move. She tried to clench her teeth, but it was pointless. The purple pony put all her energy into her next words.

“WHAT IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA’S DID YOU DO TO ME?!” Twilight screamed before her head fell from exhaustion. Fluttershy peeked over at Twilight. The unicorn was sweating bullets and gasping for air. Her horn was also still glowing. Though the most unsettling thing Fluttershy noticed was that the growth on Twilight’s horn had gotten much bigger.

Rarity looked at the tired Twilight on the verge of serious tears. “This curse drains a unicorn of her magic,” she laughed. “AND GIVES IT RIGHT TO ME!” Rarity broke off into a five minute binge of laughter that left her rolling on the jagged cave floor. Twilight was too weak to interrupt her, while Fluttershy was too frightened. When she finally rose again she was bloody and scratched up, but the psychotic pony didn’t seem to notice. “Once your magic is gone Twilight, I can finally use the last spell I created on you. The same one Celestia betrayed me with.” Rarity leaned in to push against Twilight’s chest. “I’m going to take your soul Twilight. I’M GOING TO TAKE YOUR SOUL!” Twilight wanted to struggle, but by this point all she could do was remain conscious and even that was wearing thin. “Once I rip your weak soul out, I’ll place my soul in your body!” Rarity turned to Fluttershy who gasped and shut her eyes. Rarity walked over and forced the pegasus’s eyes open with magic. “I don’t know what I’ll do with Rarity after that, but I do know I’ll be taking those wings of yours Fluttershy!” The yellow pegasus wanted to cry, but Rarity was also halting her tears with magic. “I’ll make soup out of that runt you call a dragon and as for the mud pony. She’s as good a dead. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s a pony with nothing to offer society.” With that Rarity backed away from Fluttershy. The yellow pegasus was too terrified to cry or close her eyes now. She instead stared at her assailant as she turned to walk away. “Twilight will run out of magic in one hour. When that time comes, you’re all dead.” Rarity walked back out the same tunnel she entered, leaving Fluttershy and Twilight behind in the darkness.