• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 31 Comments

The Tale of Evil Rarity - RarityFigma



Rarity and Spike find a heart-shaped diamond with mystical and devious power

  • ...
1
 31
 1,955

The Middle

Pinkie and Spike stared in awe. Rarity had been found at long last. Her white coat gleamed in the moonlight as did her exceptional outfit. The white unicorn turned to glance at her saviors. However, she didn’t give them a look of admiration or love. Instead Rarity’s face was merely a cold and stoic glare.

Spike first tried to make contact. “Rarity it’s so good to see you!” The dragon smiled, but his princess remained solemn. Rarity’s icy stare chilled both Spike and Pinkie; still the young dragon would not be deterred. “We’ve been looking for you all day,” Spike said taking a step forward.

The moment the dragon’s tiny foot touched the ground, it happened. Rarity’s horn surged with magic and within moments her dress’s long majestic tails had extended to surround the intruding pair. Spike and Pinkie stared confused. The tails seemed to be almost threatening them. The pair looked at Rarity hoping desperately that this was a merely poor joke. However, as both creatures stared into Rarity’s cold eyes, they began to realize that something was truly a miss.

Pinkie’s tail twitched. Had it not twitched, they might not have made it. For the moment the twitch ended, Rarity’s tails flew down at Pinkie and Spike. The pink pony jumped forward and tackled Spike to the ground. The tails slammed into the ground right where the two were standing. The impact of the tails caused the forest to shake. The dragon and the pony crashed to the ground. They both looked up at their assailant. Rarity’s gaze was unwavering. She bore a hole into her rescuers with the intensity of her eyes. The tails attached to Rarity’s dress now began to wriggle like the tentacles of a massive demon. The monstrous appendages again rose up around Pinkie and Spike. As the shocked dragon and pony looked on, the scene that began as a flowery dream quickly became a terrible nightmare.

….

Fluttershy apologized over and over again. “I’m so sorry Twilight,” she repeated weakly as the pair followed Pinkie and Spike’s tracks. “I was just so tired and it was so late and-” Twilight shoved her hoof in Fluttershy’s mouth.

“It’s okay Fluttershy,” Twilight responded reassuringly. “Let’s just find them.” With that the purple mare turned her gaze back to the path. In truth she was rather annoyed with Fluttershy, but what could she do? Twilight had been the pony to let them start the ridiculous night search in the first place. Now three of her friends were missing and Twilight could barely stand it.

The two ponies soon arrived at the entrance to the Everfree forest. The tiny dragon and pony tracks continued into the strange and foreboding grove. Fluttershy squealed in fear. “The… the… the Everfree forest? I swear I never would’ve let them leave if I had known they would-” Again Twilight silenced Fluttershy with her hoof. I really shouldn’t be surprised Twilight thought pessimistically.

“Come on Fluttershy,” Twilight said to the shivering pony. “Were going in.” Fluttershy gulped as she stared into the realm of her worst fears. Twilight took the first steps inside as Fluttershy followed slowly. Soon the two ponies were deep inside the brush that always forewarned terror and suffering.
….
Rainbow Dash flew around aimlessly. Where is that wimp? She thought annoyed. Dash had been searching for Fluttershy all morning. However, when she checked her friend’s cottage the cowardly pegasus was nowhere to be found. Suddenly Dash heard somepony calling to her. She looked down to see Applejack. “Hay RD have ya seen Pinkie around anywhere?” The orange pony yelled to her flying friend.

Rainbow Dash flew down to her land bound ally. “No I haven’t seen Pinkie since yesterday,” Dash responded. “Why does it matter?”

“Ugh,” Applejack said depressed. “I’ve been lookin fer Pinkie all day!” Dash thought for a minute realizing she had been having the same problem.

“I’ve been looking for Fluttershy all day!” Dash countered with passion. “She promised to help me gauge my wingpower today, but then she goes and disappears on me!”

“I wanted Pinkie to help me with this new pie recipe ah found,” Applejack responded flatly. “Maybe Twilight knows where they are!” Dash looked at AJ with a smile. She had always admired her farm friend’s thinking.

“Race ya there?” Dash said happily.

“Only if it’s on foot,” Applejack said with a laugh. However in response to Rainbow Dash this dropped to the ground and shot Applejack a confident smile. The two ponies locked eyes and before they knew it they were off.

The pair raced through the streets of Ponyville. They zigzagged around the various townsfolk, jumping over displays and obstacles, both catching the attention of the passerby. The two ponies moved in perfect sync. Within a few minutes the pair stood outside Twilight’s library both eager for more.

“I won!” Rainbow Dash proudly declared.

“No way ah won!” Applejack responded. The two ponies again locked eyes before begrudgingly agreeing that the race was a tie. The pair then turned their attention to Twilight’s door. The wooden entrance was closed but there was note attached to the door. Applejack reached over and grabbed it from the door.

“What does it say?” Dash asked intrigued.

“It says,” Applejack said as she began to read. “Gone to Fluttershy’s. Be back soon, sincerely Twilight.”

“Well I was just at Fluttershy’s and there was nopony there!” Rainbow Dash yelled with rage.

“Great just great,” Applejack said with her own disdain. “They’ve all gone and left us.” The two ponies were both angry now. Rarity they could live without, but everypony else. Now this was getting ridiculous.

“Humph!” Dash said annoyed. “Now who’s gonna help me measure my wingpower?”

“Well if you had found Fluttershy,” Applejack began. She’d probably be too scared of you frightening the birds to be a good speed keeper.”

Rainbow nodded in agreement with her only remaining friend. “Well Pinkie would’ve been jumping around the kitchen like a lunatic! Dash said with a laugh. She’d drive you crazy before you even started baking!”

The pair laughed as they realized just how right each was. Applejack then looked at Dash with a sudden epiphany. “Well ah I guess I could help ya with yer wingpower if you flew lower to the ground,” Applejack said.

Rainbow Dash returned AJ’s gaze. “That would be great!” She responded happily. “And I could help you bake!” This declaration slightly hurt Rainbow Dash. She absolutely detested baking, but to help Applejack she would muster the willpower.

“And what do you know bout baking,” Applejack countered with a smile.

Dash laughed while throwing back her own cocky smile. “I taught Pinkie Pie all she knows,” Dash answered cheerfully.

Suddenly the two ponies both realized just how happy they were, regardless of all the other friends they now lacked. “Well then,” Applejack said. “Let’s get to it.”

Rainbow Dash lit up. Maybe today will be awesome she thought. And with that the excited pair went off to start their own adventure.
….
Why is this happening? Rarity thought. She looked through her same eyes, but she couldn’t blink. She felt each step she took through the forest, but she failed in every desperate attempt to stop moving. Most importantly she felt her magic being used constantly to control the huge wriggling tails of her dress. The long white folds were shimmering beautifully in the sunlight, but this only veiled their true monstrous nature. Only a few hours ago Rarity had been forced to watch in horror as the tails brutally attacked her two closest friends. Pinkie and Spike were still with her though. The pony and dragon were both unconscious wrapped up inside her evil evil outfit.

It’s not fair! Rarity screamed for nopony to hear. Tears came to her eyes as she remembered the terrified faces of her friends as the tails enveloped them like a snake encompassing its prey. Rarity wanted to fight, to rip her dress to shreds and to throw the heart shaped diamond, which clearly must’ve been the cause of this nightmare off the tallest cliff in Equestria. But in her current imprisoned state all Rarity could do was think. She thought of all things she wanted to do, but she could do absolutely nothing. The white mare stared at the never-ending brush in front of her. At least tell me where you’re taking me Rarity thought angrily wishing her captor could talk. The trek had become torture for the non-athletic pony. She could feel the sweat drip from her body. She could feel the insects happily biting and sucking on her for nourishment. Still Rarity could do nothing. She almost gave up at that moment. She was prepared to resign herself to exile within her own body, but then it happened. Rarity heard something. Something familiar.

“Twilight… I’m scared; maybe these are some other dragon’s tracks?” Rarity freaked. Oh no… it can’t be… it just can’t! She thought in fear. But it was. For as the voices drew nearer, it became clear that her friends Twilight and Fluttershy were close by.