• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 31 Comments

The Tale of Evil Rarity - RarityFigma



Rarity and Spike find a heart-shaped diamond with mystical and devious power

  • ...
1
 31
 1,955

The Beginning

The Tale of Evil Rarity

“Oh Spike its beautiful!” Rarity exclaimed. The white unicorn stared in wonder at the gem that her dragon companion had dug up from the ground. The sparkling blue diamond Spike held up was huge. However, that was not its only eye-catching feature. What really made then gem stand out was its unique shape. The shimmering rock almost perfectly resembled a heart.

“Yeahh... it is really cool,” Spike said with his mouth watering. Rarity noticing this, used her magic to levitate the stone away from him. She then floated a much smaller gem from their cart over to her little helper. Spike could eat this gem Rarity thought. I mean this new gem is just divine!

Rarity stared at the gem as it laid there at the top of their modest haul. The pair hadn’t gone gem hunting since the time Rarity had been abducted by the Diamond Dogs. Still a shortage of gems at Carousel made her bold enough to try again. Spike looked on with pride. He loved seeing Rarity happy and he loved even more to spend time with her, even if it meant digging up one tasty stone after another all day long.

“Well Spike I think with this new gem we can call it a day” Rarity said with a contented smile.

Spike made up his face. “You mean now we’ve got to walk all the way back?” He said depressed.

Rarity pouted at Spike, but then she realized he had a point. In order to find this many gems they had traveled much farther than they did before. The pair had left early to go hunting and now the sun was about to set. “I’m sorry Spike,” Rarity said quietly.

Spike freaked out. “Woah woah! Its fine!” Spike responded frantically. “I mean Twilight always says I need more exercise!”
Rarity smiled at Spike and the pair turned to leave.

….

The pony and the dragon had only walked a short distance when both notice how tired they were. Polite conversation had allowed them to make it up the mountain with no problem. However now in their fatigue, they only managed to vent about how weary each of them were. Rarity looked down at her little helper feeling a bit guilty for bringing him so far out into the mountains. She should’ve paid more attention to the time for once the sun fully set they would be even more unsafe in the dark rough terrain.

“Geez,” Spike said beginning to pant. “I sometimes wish you could teleport like Twilight.”

Rarity shot him an annoyed look that immediately made Spike glance away in disgrace. Still he did have another good point. If only she could quickly move from one place to next like Twilight. Think of all the time I’d save Rarity thought. She had seen Twilight teleport all the time. The purple mare made it seem so easy. If only I could… if only.

Just as Rarity thought, this unbeknownst to her and Spike the gem in their cart began to slowly glow. As it did, so did Rarity’s own horn start to glow with magical power. She felt the sudden pressure as her magic activated. Both the pony and dragon were about to turn to around when before they realized what happened they were in front of Carousel Boutique.

“Woah!” Spike said amazed. “Rarity I didn’t know you learned how to teleport!”

Rarity looked back at Spike puzzled. “The strange thing is Darling… that neither could I.”

….

No sooner than when she got in the door did Rarity begin work on her new dress. The inspiration for the ensemble seemed to just pop into her mind and the new heart gem would be its centerpiece. Rarity had given Spike a handful of gems for his hard work, some of which that were actually dress-worthy. It didn’t really matter to her at the moment; all she wanted to do was complete this one dress. Nothing else went through her mind.

….

It was midnight when Rarity stared at the product of her labors. The dress was bigger and far more gorgeous than anything she had ever made before. The heart shaped gem sat in the center of the dress directly under the wearer’s head. It was simply stunning. Rarity almost wanted to faint. She was just so proud of herself. Literally nothing could ruin this moment.

WEAR ME

“Beg Pardon?” Rarity said. She could’ve sworn she had heard a voice just then. A strange voice like none she had ever heard before. A voice that scared Rarity to her core. Choosing to ignore it she returned to staring at her creation with a huge amount of pride. It seemed to be drawing her closer and closer. It fact it was drawing her closer. Rarity had walked right up to the dress to see if she had missed a stitch or left a piece out of place. However there were none. The dress appeared perfect. So incredibly perfect.

WEAR ME

The voice that scared Rarity blared again. Where is that coming from? She thought. Rarity was now so close to her dress that she could easily wear it. Well she thought for a moment. Why shouldn’t I wear the dress? It was true. The dress was her creation and what a creation it was. The white garment was intricately woven from her finest fabric. The back of dress had tails of a vibrant white all made to stay place with her own professional stitch. However the most engaging part of the dress was its heart so to speak. The luxurious blue diamond that casually hung on the dress seemed to be begging Rarity to try on the dress.

“Oh what the hay,” she said to herself. No pony would know if she just wore the dress for just a minute and besides she had to make sure it was as comfortable as it was fabulous. Rarity’s horn lit up as the dress floated up off its dress horse and began to hover over her body. Then with the utmost caution to avoid damaging the outfit, Rarity allowed the dress to gently envelop her form.

It was then that Rarity felt something wrong. Horribly wrong! The dress was- The dress was- Rarity couldn’t describe it. Something seemed to happen to her as the dress was allowed to touch her body. She developed a massive headache. Before Rarity knew it she could barely stand. Was the dress to heavy? No that was impossible! I used the lightest fabric! Rarity thought as the pain became overwhelming. I’ll just take it off! She thought. However just as Rarity tried to magically pull off the dress her mind went blank and she fell to floor.

….

Spike was the first to look for her. They had made their trip to the mountains on Saturday. Rarity kept the Boutique closed on the weekends, though she would help if a pony came in with a valid fashion disaster. Spike knew this and smoothly thought he could talk Rarity into some kind date on her day off. The problem was when he entered the Boutique (Which was curiously unlocked) Rarity was nowhere to be found. He searched every inch of the dress shop for his beloved, but she just wasn’t there.

Spike gathered all of Rarity’s (And to a lesser extent his) friends to help him search for her. All 5 ponies joined in and they spent all Sunday looking for Rarity. They searched high and low, but the fashion obsessed pony was simply absent. Rainbow Dash looked down over the town of Ponyville trying to spot an over the top outfit that could be Rarity, though she couldn’t find a thing. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie went from clothes store to clothes store hoping to hear a pony talk at length about how divine an accessory looked, but they too came up short. Twilight and Applejack asked around town if anypony had seen Rarity. Sadly this too left them with nothing. Spike looked for Rarity in any spot that crossed his imaginative little mind. Maybe she’s at Sweet Apple Acres? Spike pondered No wait that’s dumb, Applejack would’ve seen ever. Well then she’s gotta be the Hedgemont Center! Or maybe the hospital? Oh NO! She can’t be hurt! When I left her last night she wasn’t hurt! Spike’s imagination dragged him all over Ponyville, but still Rarity was nowhere to be found.

The group reunited at Twilight’s tree house at 9 PM. None of them had so much as found a hint of where Rarity could be. Rainbow Dash and Applejack in particular were the most annoyed by this and quickly allowed their own imaginations to wonder.

“I bet she went to some fancy girly fashion show and didn’t tell us!” Rainbow Dash said annoyed.

“Youre probably right,” Applejack agreed. She was never fond of Rarity and in her mind ignoring her friends was something the farm horse wouldn’t put past her pampered elitist rival.

“Well I wrote to Princess Celestia and she wrote me back saying Rarity isn’t in Canterlot,” Twilight responded bluntly. She didn’t want to believe Rarity would act so coldly, but even she had her doubts.

“Well… uh…,” Fluttershy began to say quietly. “Rarity and I were planning to go to the spa today. I don’t think she would just leave without telling anypony.”

“Yeah!” Spike answered loudly in Rainbow and Applejack’s direction. “She must be in trouble! We’ve gotta keep looking for her!” The little dragon was determined, but the two dissenting ponies would not be reasoned with.

“Look we spent all day looking for Miss Froo Dress Dress and found nothing!” Rainbow Dash retorted to Spike angrily. “I’ve had enough! She’ll be back to tomorrow with some dumb excuse like, sorry darlings I was just at a girly dress convention and I was too busy being girly to tell anypony!” Rainbow Dash threw her voice during the last words to mimic Rarity’s accent. While most of group thought this was a crude joke to make, both Pinkie and Applejack began to laugh at Rainbow’s conduct.

“Hahaha! That was a great Rarity impression Rainbow! Now here’s mine!” Said Pinkie Pie preparing to mimic Rarity’s voice. Ehem! I’m Rarity and I’m way too proper to play with Pinkie Pie! I have to do boring things like stitch and sew and I definitely won’t let Pinkie play with the ball of yarn even after she asked me like a trillion times and then I’ll just push out of my store and tell her to come back later!” Rainbow Dash and Applejack both laughed at Pinkie’s joke, even if wasn’t a joke and more accurately a quick summary of when Pinkie wanted to play with Rarity last week. The other ponies and Spike shot the three a disappointed look, but this didn’t have any effect on the laughing trio.

“Hehe… Look y’all,” Applejack said trying to again become civil. “I say we call off the search for today. I mean we looked all over Ponyville fer Rarity and she probably is at some event she forgot to tell us about. Let’s just call it night already.”

“You don’t have to ask me twice,” Rainbow Dash said flying out the door. Twilight yawned. They were right. Rarity was perfectly capable of handling herself. They had spent all day looking for her. There was no reason to spend all night.

“Good idea Applejack,” Twilight said calmly. The orange pony smiled. She then turned to leave trying to avoid the upset looks coming from both Spike and Fluttershy.

“Well I don’t wanna stop looking!” Spike said turning to Twilight. “Can I please keep looking for Rarity Twilight? Please can I?”

Twilight wanted to do the responsible thing and tell Spike to turn in for the night. She really wanted to, but the determination in her assistant’s eyes was stronger than ever before. A quick ‘I don’t know Spike” was all Twilight managed to say.

“Don’t worry Twilight!” Pinkie said happily. “I’m tired at all! I’ll help Spike find Rarity in no time flat!”

Twilight thought for a moment and realized she was even more worried about leaving Spike alone with Pinkie than she was just letting him go off by himself. It was then that Fluttershy stepped forward. “I… um… guess I could help them search for a bit longer,” Fluttershy said in her typical timid manner.

“Yeah!” Pinkie cut in. “Together we’ll be the ooh! Ooh! Ooh! The Rarity Recovery Squad!” She grabbed both Spike and Fluttershy in hug. “We’ll can find Rarity and have fun! It’ll be great!”

Twilight gave Fluttershy a serious look. “Are you sure you’re up to this Fluttershy?” Twilight said concerned. She knew Fluttershy had managed to babysit the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but Twilight knew that this task would be far more daunting.

“It’s ok Twilight,” Fluttershy said. “I’ve got this!”

Twilight let out another tired yawn. If there was anypony she felt she could trust it would be Fluttershy. “Ok then, but Spike promise me you won’t do anything dangerous.”

“I promise!” The tiny dragon responded boldly.

“Great!” Pinkie said with glee. “Alright Rarity Recovery Squad! Let’s Go!” Pinkie hopped over to Twilight’s door bouncing in place as her fellow Rarity hunters walked over to the entrance.

Twilight watched as the trio left the library. Deep down she knew she had made a terrible mistake, but Twilight was so tired from searching that she just closed the door behind them, hoping that everything would just work out.

….

It was midnight when the Rarity Recovery Squad chose to have a quick rest at Fluttershy’s cottage. Spike was tired, really really tired, but his drive to find Rarity gave him an almost alien strength. Nothing would stop him until he found her. Absolutely nothing.

Pinkie wasn’t bouncing as high as she had before. She too was tired but refused to show it. “Where should we go next? Where should we go next?” Pinkie said with as much pep as she could muster.

“I don’t know,” Spike said while scouring a map of the town. “We’ve checked all of Ponyville! Where could Rarity be?”

Fluttershy was half asleep. She was lying on her couch barely listening to Spike. The yellow pegasus was truly worried about Rarity, but it was also way past her bedtime.

“I’m gonna go look around some more,” Spike said both boldly and half-heartedly. “Pinkie! Fluttershy! U guys in?”

“I’m always in!” Pinkie responded happily. “I mean why would I not be in? Would I be out then? How do you be out? I mean really?” The somewhat energetic pink pony jumped with as much energy as she could over to Spike. However, when the pair looked back at Fluttershy she could barely move.

“Yawnnnnn,” Fluttershy went trying to open her eyes. “Guys… maybe we should yawnnn… just stop for the night.”

“No way!” Spike countered angrily. “I could never sleep without knowing that Rarity is safe!”

“Yeah!” Pinkie Pie agreed with a renewed passion. “Were the Rarity Recovery Squad! If we don’t find Rarity then were just the Squad! Anyponies can be the Squad! We can’t just give up on our team name!”

Spike questioned Pinkie’s drive, but one thing was certain. She was the only pony still on his side. “Let’s go Pinkie,” Spike said opening Fluttershy’s door. The pink pony turned from Fluttershy and left. Spike exited the cottage before closing the door.

“Wait… um… guys yawn..,” Fluttershy tried to voice her concern, but before the pony even realized it. She had fallen asleep.

….

The pony and the dragon wandered under the bright full moonlight. Both were tired, but also driven. They wouldn’t stop until they found their lost friend. There was only one place left to check and both creatures knew it. Eventually the pair arrived at the entrance to the most dangerous part of the countryside. The outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

“This is the only place we haven’t checked,” Spike said with a concealed yawn. “Rarity’s gotta be in there.”

Now anypony with some degree of foresight would know that going into the Everfree Forest at night would be a death sentence. However, whether or not Pinkie had this bit of sense would not be the issue as the pink pony felt a strange sensation in her back left hoof.

“Whoa an itchy back lefty? That’s rare” Pinkie said with a noticeable surprise.

“What’s that mean?” Spike responded not even bothering to question Pinkie’s sixth sense.

“An itchy back lefty means there’s a big clue nearby!” Pinkie said with a smile.

“A big clue eh?” Spike responded. However just as he finished his words the dragon and the pony saw something on the path into the forest. Tracks. Hoof tracks to be exact. Pinkie and Spike looked at each other wide-eyed before hustling over to the discovery. Had it not been for the full moon, they would’ve never seen the tracks which led from the nearby grass on to the path into the forest. Pinkie placed her hoof in the imprinted dirt. The hoof track was slightly bigger than hers.

“Rarity’s hooves are this big!” Pinkie said excitedly.

Spike’s eyes lit up. “She’s in the forest!” However, then a wave of fear hit the small dragon’s mind. “Oh no! Oh no! Rarity would never go into the Everfree forest! Something must’ve happened to her!”

Under closer inspection the pair noticed a snakelike set of tracks on both sides of the hoof tracks. The snakelike tracks were big and deep. Whatever made them was definitely strong.

Spike’s imagination got the best of him again. “Some snake monster must’ve kidnapped Rarity!” He cried in fear.

A normal pony would’ve tried to rebuke Spike’s theory. However, normal was not the word to describe Pinkie Pie. “Ohmigosh!” Pinkie said startled. “We gotta go save her!”

The sleepy pair ran into the dangerous Everfree Forest. They had absolutely nothing between them to defend themselves. The pair put their faith in the moonlight and the set of tracks to lead them to their lost comrade. Still in their sleep deprived minds this was more than enough. One of their friends was in trouble and they needed to help her as fast as possible.

….

Pinkie and Spike slowly traversed the nightmarish forest path. The moon beaming down on their set of tell-tale tracks was the only thing that kept them from getting horribly lost. She had to be close by they both thought. She just had to be. Both of them were about to keel over when they finally entered a clearing where the tracks stopped. In the center of the area was a massive flower the likes of each neither creature had ever seen before.

It was white and big and most noticeably beautiful. The flower resembled a lotus from the angle in which the pair saw it (Not that either of them knew what a lotus looked like). It shimmered luxuriously in the moonlight. Pinkie Pie couldn’t help herself. She had seen some amazing sights in her life, but this one took the cake. “Pretty,” Pinkie said in awe.

Spike two was at a loss for words. Usually girly stuff like flowers would’ve just bored him, but this, this changed everything. It was the most beautiful he had ever seen (other than Rarity of course). He let out a “Woah,” but that was all he could say before the flower started to shake.

The petals of the massive lotus began to wriggle and move. Both Pinkie and Spike were a mix of scared and awed. They had no idea what was happening, but it certainly was pretty. It was then that they finally saw her. The flower turned and low and behold in the center of the white lotus was the pony they had searched all day for. In the center of the flower was the one, the only Rarity.