• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 1,955 Views, 31 Comments

The Tale of Evil Rarity - RarityFigma



Rarity and Spike find a heart-shaped diamond with mystical and devious power

  • ...
1
 31
 1,955

The End?

Fluttershy shook her chains to no avail. Her tears had dried against her body and the pegasus soon realized she’d run dry of the watery resource. Fluttershy turned to Twilight. The growth on her horn was so large it seemed bigger than the actual horn it was attached to. “Twilight,” Fluttershy begged. “You’ve got to do something!” The purple pony shook. Fluttershy was momentarily overjoyed. “Yes! Please Twilight! I know you can do this!”

Twilight didn’t look up at Fluttershy. She couldn’t. Lifting her head with the heavy growth was just too hard. “Flutter…shy,” Twilight managed to blurt out. The yellow pony looked at Twilight intently.

“Yes Twilight!” Fluttershy answered joyously.

Twilight coughed. “Its… its… up to you now,” the mare whispered. Fluttershy looked at Twilight like she was insane.

“Are you crazy?!” Fluttershy responded.

“Quiet,” Twilight moaned. “For all we know she’s listening to us right now.” Twilight’s horn began to glow white instead of its usual pink. Fluttershy stared at the horn with awe. The white shine even caused the growth to shake. “Fluttershy. I’m going to use the last bit of my magic to break your chains. After that I need you,” Twilight started to cough from exhaustion. “I need you to do what the Princess and I couldn’t!”

Fluttershy started to hyperventilate. “But there’s no way I could-”

Rather than listen to Fluttershy’s argument Twilight’s horn erupted a white beam. The laser flew over toward Fluttershy breaking her chains. The pegasus fell to the ground. Fluttershy tried to shake off the pain of landing on rocks. She flew over to Twilight and embraced her.”Twilight we’ve gotta to get out of here!” Fluttershy screamed. But Twilight didn’t move. Her body had grown cold. Fluttershy began to back away slowly. As she grabbed Twilight something had hit the floor with a huge thud. Fluttershy wanted to see what it was, but suddenly she was in complete darkness. Without Twilight’s horn there was no light in the cave. Fluttershy whimpered in the shadows as suddenly she heard something behind her. It sounded like… clapping.

“Impressive,” said a voice from nowhere. Fluttershy tensed up as light again surrounded the room. The pegasus turned to see that Rarity was standing only a few feet away behind her. The unicorn was clad in her previous outfit with her tails at the ready. However, Rarity seemed too awestruck to notice Fluttershy for the moment. Instead she just stared intently at Twilight. “No unicorn has ever been able to cast a spell with my curse before.” Fluttershy’s eye got something lying on the ground. It was a mass of flesh sitting at Twilight’s feet. Upon further inspection Fluttershy realized that this was the growth and that her hugging Twilight shook it off.

“She only made one mistake,” Rarity said closing her eyes. Suddenly the unicorn burst out laughing. “HAHAHAHA! She expected you! She expected you to kill me? HAHAHA!” Fluttershy tried to get angry. She took a stand in front of Twilight.

“Sta… stay away!” Fluttershy screamed. Rarity ignored this and began to walk toward Fluttershy. The pegasus wanted to be brave, but she was still petrified of Rarity and her tails. Fluttershy unknowingly backed up as Rarity walked toward her. It wasn’t until her back hit the jagged wall that Fluttershy realized she had nowhere to go.

Rarity leaned forward to look Fluttershy in the eyes. The pegasus trembled trying to dodge her gaze. “Pathetic,” Rarity scoffed. “But still, it would be cruel to not heed a unicorn’s last wish!” Rarity turned her cheek to face Fluttershy, The pegasus looked at her in confusion. “Come on Flustershy. Hit me! Destroy me like your friend Twilight begged you too!” Fluttershy recoiled. Rarity laughed uproariously. “Oh I’m sorry! I guess it’s too much to ask for you to strike your friend!” Fluttershy forced herself to face Rarity as the unicorn’s horn lit up with a gray light. Rarity’s body began to transform. Her hooves grew longer. Her purple hair curls broke and dispersed. The light enveloped the unicorn’s form. Fluttershy blinked and when she opened her eyes only a second later. Rarity was gone and a new pony was standing in her place.

It was a yellow bodied unicorn. Her mane was gray and unkempt. Her tail was ragged as if it were poorly cut. Her face was older and so was her body. The new pony was almost twice Fluttershy’s size. Her cutie mark was a strange symbol that the pegasus could barely see. It resembled two perpendicular lines with bent ends. The most eye-catching aspect of this mare though was her horn. Not only was it huge, but it seemed to be… moving. The horn had veins that seemed to be shaking as if they drew breath. The new pony smiled. “Well! How do you like my true form?” Reality hit Fluttershy like a ton of bricks. This was Ava. This was the monster’s true body.

Ava moved in again to push Fluttershy against the wall. The unicorn’s massive horn bore a hole into the cave rock on impact. “Come on Flustershy!,” She laughed. “Can’t you do anything?! Does a pegasus like you have any skill? Where’s that stare Twilight’s memory told me so much about?!” Fluttershy regained her focus. Her stare was her most powerful ability, but she seldom used it on other ponies. Still as Rarity said once, Desperate times do call for desperate measures!

Fluttershy donned her most enraged scowl and released her inner demon. The yellow pony’s eyes grew large and angry. Her stare had begun. Ava, who was laughing only moments ago, had hushed up. Fluttershy’s gaze had actually caught her off guard! The unicorn was backing away before she even realized it. Fluttershy maintained the stare, but also had to make her move. She remembered the soul gem Twilight had mentioned before. The heart diamond was now bonded to Ava’s stomach. Fluttershy didn’t think she could break it, but she still had to try.

The pegasus jumped forward and tackled Ava to the ground. The unicorn let out a dull roar of pain. Fluttershy tried to grab at the gem only feel that the rock was now part of the pony’s flesh. She ripped at it with no luck. The gem was going nowhere. “Nice one,” Ava said as she levitated Fluttershy with magic. The pegasus tried to struggle, but she was powerless. Ava was manipulating every part of her body, even her eyes. “I didn’t think a coward like you could actually put me in daze like that.” Ava used her magic to slam Fluttershy into the cave wall. The pegasus screamed as she fell to the floor. Ava took a few steps toward her and kneeled down. “It’s just too bad you’re not strong like that other winged rat from Twilight’s memory. You know who, I think her name’s Rainbow Dash.” Ava now left Fluttershy slumped on the ground and positioned herself in front of Twilight. “I’ve waited too long for this.” Ava’s horn had been glowing from the start, but now its light grew even brighter. The diamond in her chest flew out still attached by strings of flesh. “I’M TAKING TWILIGHT’S BODY!” Ava laughed as the diamond and Twilight both began to glow a dark blue. The diamond fired a beam of gray into Twilight. Ava began to laugh manically as the process occurred.

Fluttershy rose up ignoring her wounds. She saw the magic taking place and snapped. Fluttershy jumped to her feet and rocketed toward Ava. “GET AWAY FROM HER!” Fluttershy shouted with loudest voice she’d ever used. Ava’s horn fired a separate beam at Fluttershy. The pegasus was frozen in the air. She was held back by the consistent blast. Fluttershy struggled against the magic with no success. The pegasus did however manage to find a new reserve of tears.

As the pony wept, Ava laughed even more. “IT’S OVER,” She screamed. “TWILIGHT IS MINE! CELESTIA IS MINE! EQUESTRIA IS-”

That was when Ava felt a sudden jolt. Something was fighting against her. Something was fighting against her with all its might. What the, she thought confused. The unicorn looked around the room. Pinkie, Spike and Twilight were all still chained up. Fluttershy was trapped by her spell crying softly in the air. There was nopony that could stand against her! But still Ava felt something pound her chest. The pounding was rendering her soul spell useless. “WHAT IS THIS?!” Ava screamed in anger.

“You forgot about me!?”

Ava heard the voice, but she couldn’t place it. It sounded familiar. It sounded girly and accented. Suddenly the unicorn’s vision turned black. Everything around her was black. The cave, Twilight, Fluttershy it was all gone. “How?” Ava said astonished. Then she turned around to see something she never expected. There was another pony with Ava in that black void. A white pony with a curly purple mane and an enraged expression. Ava shuddered in panic. Rarity had broken free.

“Listen here you beast!” Rarity shouted. “You dragged me to this dungeon, you used fashion as weapon and you hurt my friends.” Rarity pounded the indiscernible black space. “I WILL DESTROY YOU!”

Ava tried to rationalize what was going on. How did she? Suddenly it hit Ava. Maintaining the body stealing spell had used up all the magic she was using to control Rarity. Now they were both in the white unicorn’s mind where the last recesses of her control laid. Ava cursed the air and looked down. “How did I make such an oversight?” Ava whined. However as she looked up to face Rarity she realized the unicorn was right in front of her. Rarity punched Ava in the face with all her might. The aged unicorn flew back a few feet through the air smashing against the darkened ground.

Ava let out a scream of pain. This was Rarity’s mind. She had no power here without her magic. Before Ava could return to her feet Rarity jumped on top of her. The smaller pony pinned the huge mare to the ground. The white unicorn held her horn to Ava’s neck. “Not so strong now are you,” Rarity scoffed.

Ava began to laugh. “Hahahaha you really think this matters!” Rarity looked confusion. “You can see with those eyes of ours can’t you? I don’t need your pitiful body! Within a few moments I’ll have Twilight’s! AND THEN I’LL KILL YOU ALL!”
Rarity didn’t let Ava’s threat distract her. She stabbed her horn into Ava’s neck as hard as she could. Ava screamed in agony as the blood seeped out of her body. Just as the impact was made Ava felt her body begin to vanish. Each part of her form began to disintegrate. Within seconds Ava vanished from the realm of Rarity’s mind.

The mental battle inside Rarity had broken Ava’s control. The spell abruptly stopped, as did the magic immobilizing Fluttershy. The pegasus fell from the air. However before she hit the ground Rarity grabbed her. “Fluttershy!” Rarity cried. “Darling! Tell me your okay!”

For the first time in hours Fluttershy managed a smile. “I knew you could do it,” She said quietly. Suddenly the pair heard a crash. They turned to see the heart diamond that caused all their problems shattered on the cave floor. Upon further inspection the ponies also found that the outfit Rarity had attacked them with earlier had crumbled to dust around her. The ponies locked eyes and hugged. The ordeal was finally over…

OR SO THEY THOUGHT! A blue light burst from the broken pieces of the gem and started floating around the room at a heightened pace. Rarity and Fluttershy were horrified, but each quickly realized what the flying blue light was.
It was Ava. After losing control of Rarity, her spell did fail. However Ava was so far in the process of extracting her own soul that when the gem shattered. She was able to fully escape. The blue light seemed to fly around the room aimlessly. However the pair both had a terrible epiphany. Ava was trying to possess Twilight! Rarity responded first. She used her magic to pull the rocks holding the chains in out of the cave wall. “FLUTTERSHY LET’S GET OUT OF HERE!” Rarity screamed as she levitated their three friends in the air. Fluttershy saluted Rarity and the pair bolted down the tunnel they had seen Ava enter from before. The blue soul that before flew aimlessly suddenly began to grow agitated. It shot off after the fleeing ponies.

Rarity could barely maintain her spell let alone run. The magic she used all day was Ava’s, but her body had still undergone the physical trauma of both walking for miles and from rolling on the cave rocks. Bits of blood flew from both creatures as they ran through the dark cave tunnel at top speed. Both ponies felt the blue soul following them. The strange light was right behind them, flying with frightening speed. The ponies saw a light in the distance. They pressed on toward that light. Each pony placing all their hopes on it.

Rarity and Fluttershy burst from the cave opening and both skidded to a halt. They stood on the edge of huge cliff under one of Luna’s majestic full moons. As the pair turned to run down the path of the cave the blue light erupted from the opening. Though it no longer was a shapeless blue light. Their previously vague pursuer had morphed into a ghostlike version of Ava. The ghost Ava was seething with rage. “GIVE ME TWILIGHT!” She shouted almost blowing the pair off the cliff in the process. Rarity looked at Ava and then back behind her at the freefall. Fluttershy was shocked. Without a moment’s hesitation Rarity jumped off the cliff still levitating Twilight, Pinkie and Spike with her magic.
Fluttershy took off after her friend flying at speeds she never imagined she could fly. The pegasus closed in on Rarity, who was using all her magic to keep her friends levitating. Fluttershy grabbed Rarity and held her close. Despite this the group still crashed to the ground. Luckily though Fluttershy’s move had both slowed them down and caused them to crash in the same Everfree Forest clearing that only one night ago had been the stage of Pinkie and Spike’s suffering. They landed on soft flowers and grass. Both ponies were injured, but thanks to Rarity’s magic Twilight, Pinkie and Spike all safely floated to the ground.

Rarity rose to her feet only to fall back down. Fluttershy finally suffered the full extent of her wounds. The pegasus couldn’t move. “Fluttershy,” Rarity said while trying to stand. “I’m sorry.”
Fluttershy again forced a smile “It’s not your fault,” she answered as she lay on the ground. The situation was peaceful for a moment. A moment that didn’t last.

Ava materialized with a burst of blue light in the clearing only a few feet from the fallen ponies. Fluttershy put her head down, but Rarity maintained a look of fury. “Why don’t you just give up?” Ava laughed. The blue spectral pony began walking slowly toward the crippled group. “I will never fail! YOU CAN’T STOP ME! NOW HAND OVER TWILIGHT!” Rarity stared up at Ava defeated. But suddenly the unicorn had one final brilliant idea.

“I’m sorry darling,” Rarity answered. Ava looked puzzled as the white unicorn fired a beam of energy into Twilight’s horn. The effect of Rarity’s plan was immediate. The purple pony began to stir. Her eyes opened up and she rose to the knees.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?!” Ava yelled at Rarity.

The unicorn chuckled. “I gave half of my remaining magic to Twilight,” Rarity said. “Try possessing her now!”
Ava was distraught. Twilight quickly regained her senses. The purple mare turned and gave the ghost pony a death glare. Ava looked around the clearing and quickly caught sight of two bodies she could possess. Ava had caught sight of Pinkie and Spike.

Ava began to stamp the ground with fury. “YOU’RE KIDDING ME!?” The blue spirit shouted. “I HAVE TO… I HAVE TO…,” Ava dropped to knees incapable of accepting this reality. “I HAVE TO LET MY PRIZED UNICORN SOUL ENTER THE BODY OF DRAGON RUNT! OR WORSE! A MUD PONY!”

Twilight ignoring the pain from her broken leg rose to her feet. “You aren’t entering anything!” She shouted at Ava. The ghost mare was trembling, not from fear of Twilight but from the mere thought of having to possessing Pinkie or Spike. Ava grew sick. This time it was the monster who was about to puke. Twilight stood her ground as her horn and eyes both glowed white. Fluttershy and Rarity both stared in awe at Twilight’s power. A pink typhoon burst from Twilight’s horn and went flying toward Ava. The gale didn’t blow the plants or shake the forest at all. It seemed to only affect the ghostly mare.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Ava screamed as the typhoon sucked her in. The strange attack quickly muffled the unicorn’s voice as it created a huge glare under the full moonlight. The huge pink gust lasted only a minute, but when the spell finally broke and Twilight dropped to her knees. Ava was nowhere to found.
Rarity forced herself to crawl over to Twilight. “What did you do?” She asked with an amazed voice. Fluttershy too crawled over to Twilight to get an answer.

The purple mare smiled. “A magic dispersion spell,” Twilight said slowly. “With it a unicorn can spread a scatter a source of magic for miles.” Rarity and Fluttershy both looked confused, but Twilight quickly alleviated their fears. “Ava’s magic was linked directly to her soul. So when I scattered her magic her soul was dispersed along with it. I can’t be sure whether or not her magic was separated enough to fully destroy her, but right now she’ll never be strong enough to possess another unicorn again. And judging from how she acted just a minute ago. I don’t think she’ll ever settle for less.” The trio all fell to the ground with joy. Their ordeal was really over this time. The monster slain, their friends saved, now the only thing that stood between them and safety was getting home. Sadly stranded broken and bleeding in the Everfree Forest, this task was more daunting than ever before.
….

It had been a long hike, but the group finally approached Twilight’s library. The sun was rising on the new day when the ponies realized they had walked all morning. Had it not been for their wounds and carrying two, well three fainted ponies, they would’ve laughed over how easy escaping the Everfree Forest had been. No monsters attacked them. The trees were also quiet. It was almost like the forest was rewarding them for effectively ridding it of Ava. Twilight had used almost all of her magic to fix the three conscious ponies’ broken bones. Fluttershy used plants to create bandages. Rarity at first thought the idea was ghastly, but she quickly yielded to the counter argument of bleeding out during the walk home. Fluttershy flew carrying Spike in her arms while Rarity and Twilight each took turns carrying Pinkie Pie. The dragon and pink pony weren’t dead, but they were both drained of oxygen. Twilight assured her comrades that a simple air spell would heal them, but she needed a book from her library in order to perform it. When the trio was about half way to Ponyville, Rarity collapsed. The physical exertion was too much for the unicorn and she simply dropped to the ground. Twilight now carried both Rarity and Pinkie on her back using her magic to keep herself from falling. With the library insight Twilight let out a sigh of relief. Her magic was almost as spent as it was earlier. However when the pony finally approached the tree, she stopped. There was a note attached to her door. Twilight gently placed Rarity and Pinkie on the ground and grabbed the note to read it. Within moments Twilight crushed the note in hooves. Fluttershy dropped to the ground asking what happened. Without a word, Twilight threw the crumbled note to the ground and opened her door. Fluttershy placed Spike on top of Rarity and flew over to the note. The yellow pony unfolded the damaged paper and began to read it.