• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 2,451 Views, 124 Comments

Draconic Relations - ramseymac



Drake has been living monotonously. Then, just when he thought it couldn't get any more boring, things changed. Dramatically.

  • ...
10
 124
 2,451

The Skills, The Tools, The Tech.

I laid on my back on the cot in my cell, holding a small notecard in front of my face. It read, "Jailbreak at midnight, don't get eaten!" He was actually going to break me out? Hardcore. Who even was this guy?

Since he had disappeared, my scales had flipped back to being gray, a bunch of ponies went by the window, singing one of their disgustingly happy musical numbers, and I had found the notecard. By now, the red sunset light was streaming into the room. No one had bothered me since putting me in here, though that wasn't bad at all, for a conversation with one of the racist gits would probably be me stating something and them disagreeing immediately. They hadn't taken my swords or bow, and they didn't know about my blaster, so that was a plus.

I looked around the bland room for anything to occupy my time until dark, and found it in the jail cell bars. My blaster unfolded from my wrist. I set it onto the 'welding' setting, and set into the bars, separating them from the ground and ceiling.


Princess Celestia reread the report for the fifth time now, levitating it in her magic while Special Agent waited patiently at her side.

"This is not good. Another possible dragon of royal blood in the kingdom. One that has advanced magic, hates griffons, and most likely hates ponies as well. At least we were able to get the other one before it hatched so he wouldn't have any prejudice against ponies or griffons. At least we can lock this new one up for something first, and the townsponies probably don't like him." She gave a tired sigh, and levitated the papers back over to Special Agent. "We need to see if he's a threat, and if he is, he'll become an exhibit in the sculpture garden. Take that to Luna, she needs to assemble a squad of night guards to retrieve him discreetly."


Cuffs was ready to pack it in for the night. He didn't care about the strange noises that had been coming from behind the door to the cell block since the sun started setting. Now that the moon was up, he could go upstairs, take a nice, long, sleep, and be done with that stupid dragon.

"Hey, I didn't get any dinner. Aren't three meals a day the required amount in a jail?"

Right after he fed the idiot.


The pegasus was on the other side of the door to the cell block, grumbling something about not being paid enough to feed idiots.

"Why did we do this again?" GLaDOS asked in a flat voice, obviously disappointed in my work.

"Because of reasons." I answered smugly.

All of the bars to the cell had been cut off and reassembled into a trebuchet in the middle of the room and facing the window, with a space to put a bowl filled with gruel to throw.

The door opened and in walked Cuffs, a bowl of slimy gruel balanced on his back and a key in his mouth. He was looking down while walking so he didn't see the bars were gone until he raised his head to insert the key, at which point his eyes widened and his mouth fell open, dropping the key in the process. He looked at me, then the trebuchet, then back to me again, then looked somewhere in between us. His mouth burst into foam and his left eye began twitching.

I strode over, feigning ignorance to his (probably) serious rabies infection and plucked the gruel off of his back.

"Yoink!... And there we go!" I said, placing the bowl into the holder for it. "Firing in three... two... one... blastoff!" I kicked the bar out from under the counterweight and allowing gravity to take over. The bowl left at exactly the right angle, sending it soaring through the now barless window and into the night sky.

Cuffs finally got over his inner rage fit and yelled "HEY, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

"Watcha gonna do about it?" I asked rhetorically before activating my helmet and cloaking, then jumping onto the ceiling. The guard pegasus jumped at where I had been before, only to come up with empty hooves.

"I'LL FIND YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO YOU DAMN DRAGON!"

'You could always escape. You have the tools.' Echoed through my head, and I looked to see that the doorway was still open, light streaming into the dark room. I looked back towards the warden, who was now working on pounding my trebuchet to scrap metal, then back again to the door.

'Yeah... Screw this joint.' I thought before climbing through the top of the doorframe. I was halfway across the room when the door started to open and a gray muzzle poked its way through. I jumped into the corner and stayed stock still. The ponies that came in were by far not the strangest thing I'd ever seen, but still strange. They all looked exactly the same, for one. Secondly, they had fangs, slit pupils, and draconic wings. They had black armor on, ebony, if I'm not mistaken. The armor had small greaves, and large openings for the wings. On their chests were large blue amulets with slit pupils, like an eye. The helmet only covered the top of the head, leaving the throat and face almost completely exposed, while a fin ran along the top, ending at the base of the neck, where flexible ribs wrapped around the sides of the necks and connecting to their chest piece. The pupils on their amulets flicked about, as if searching for something. My HUD highlighted all of them red and targeted them.

Ponies streamed in until there were seven elite night guards standing in the room, five mares and two stallions, each with a cutlass strapped to their shoulder. All of their ears perked up at the sound of something being smashed. One of the mares got the attention of the two stallions and made a series of complicated hoof gestures, taking a full minute to say what I interpreted as: Go in there and figure out what that is. The two stallions rushed in, swords drawn, as the rest of the team fanned out around the room. Two hid next to the front windows, one stood in front of the front door, and the remaining two sat down behind the desk and started shuffling through some filing cabinets. I knew that they were trying to be sneaky, but at the moment it was a little sad, as they made a sharp clacking sound every step they took on the hardwood floor. The two behind the desk pulled out a file that read:

SUBJECT_KA-2

NAME:_UNKNOWN
AGE: APPROXIMATELY_25
LOCATION:_UNKNOWN near Ponyville
RACE:_DRAGON
NATIONALITY:_OLD_DRAGON_EMPIRE
PRIORITY:_BETA-3
CONDITION:_AT_LARGE Captive
THREAT_LEVEL:_UNKNOWN-POSSIBLE_LETHAL_VECTOR._APPROACH_WITH_CAUTION.

I squinted, and the HUD zoomed in on it. They knew way too much about me for comfort. Still, it could be worse. At least they don't know my name. I slowly eased my way out of the vertices I had jammed my self into, digging into the ceiling to stay up. I sped up, hoping none of the ponies would notice the distorted area moving along the ceiling.

The guard in front of the door's amulet started flitting around, looking in my direction as soon as I sped up, though I didn't notice. Finally, it rested upon my cloaked form, still crawling across the ceiling. It let out a low moan, as did all the others' amulets, and they all looked at me. The guards in the room sprung into action, forming a circle around the area underneath me, cutlasses drawn and ready.
'Only two ways outta this one.
1.Kill them, steal any survivors.
2.Surrender and get taken away.-Not advisable.
3.Try sneaking out
...
Option one it is then.'
I quietly unsheathed my swords, making sure to not rub them on the sides of their sheaths. I braced myself, then launched downwards towards the floor, my swords spinning around me in a blur, slicing at their unprotected throats as I became a whirlwind of death. My cloaking deactivated as single sword parried my blow, one of the mares that had been looking at my file. She looked at me with wide eyes, clearly not used to seeing her comrades wiped out.
Not that I could blame her.
She gritted her teeth, raising her sword in a defensive stance, then whistled. The stallions that went to check on the police pony burst out of the cell block, swords drawn, fangs bared. Their tough faces fell as they saw their comrades' slashed throats, and me standing over the lone survivor.
"RAAAAH!" They cried simultaneously, charging at me and swinging their blades blindly. I reactivated my cloaking and deftly sidestepped them, using my blaster to take one down, hitting him in the face, while I clubbed the other one in the face with my tail, the blade on the end making a gash across his face and half blinding him before hitting him with the blaster. I turned to find the mare from before still sitting there, though now frozen in shock. I easily knocked her blade away and grabbed her by the throat, choking her out. She struggled for about a minute, punching at my arm, before she went limp. I threw her across my shoulder before dashing out the door.


CANTERLOT- THE NEXT MORNING

Midnight Blade and Ebony Wing walked up Canterlot boulevard. Midnight was missing all the fur on the burnt left side of his head, while Ebony had a massive dent in his armor, paired with the large gash running across his face. Behind them they pulled a ramshackle covered cart. They stopped in front of the gates to Canterlot as a day guard trotted in front of them.
"State your business, bat ponies!" He barked.
Midnight looked at Ebony, who shook his head. He looked back to the day guard who had stopped them before he smacked him in the side of the head.
"Mind your place, whelp." He said, then pulled the cart past the smarting day guard.


"Princess Luna, ma'am." A night guard said just as Luna was about to lay down in bed.
She sighed explosively before turning away from her bed to face the guard.
"Did the retrieval squad come back?"
"Yes, ma'am. But there is a, erm... slight... problem..."
Her expression hardened. "They didn't get him, did they?"
"Err, that would be a no."
"Ugh... nothing else happened I hope."
"Well... I think it would be best if you came with me." He said nervously, probably not wanting to face an angry moon goddess.


At the troop garrison, Luna looked over the carnage wrought on her unlucky elite guards. The clipboard she held in her magic read that the mission had failed catastrophically. There were four KIAs, one MIA, and two injured.
The two in front of her weren't too badly injured, a few broken ribs, some burns, and a cut were nothing the infirmary couldn't handle.
The other four, not so much. Each one had a messy slash through their throat. She hoped this wasn't going to become a regular thing.


PONYVILLE-THE NIGHT OF THE ESCAPE.
I sprinted across rooftops until I came to the edge of the town. I hopped off the edge of the roof, then dashed across the plain between me and the forest, staying low to the ground so that it was harder to see the distortion of my cloaking. In the middle of the field a bright flash appeared in front of me. I skidded to a stop and picked up the piece of paper that had appeared in front of me. It said 'Aww, you made me cancel my jailbreak:(. Good job though, knew you could do it:)'. I shook my head, tucking the note away and continuing. Once in the forest, I dodged trees for a couple of miles until I came across a large cave opening. I ran inside of it, setting the pony down to the side. I deactivated my cloaking and my helmet to save power while I recharged. My eyes glowed and I could see that the end of the cave was blue... and was full of stars... and had red-and-yellow eyes.
"GRRRR..."
"Well, shit."


LOCATION UNKNOWN
Trixie Lulamoon stared into her reflection in a pond. It had been a few weeks since she had been run out of Ponyville. Since then she had been doing a lot of self-reflection.
"Should I keep doing this?" She asked her reflection.
"...Yes. The Great and Powerful Trixie will not be-" At that moment, a bowl full of gruel fell out of the sky and landed on her head.
"You know, on second thought, maybe not."

Author's Note:

ERMAGHERD!
All the guards are supposed to be pretty inexperienced in live combat.
Drake's cloaking stops when he gets hit by something, or when he hits something hard.
Like my drawing? Best I could do. Well, it was on Microsoft Paint and I don't have anything else, so that's the best quality you're getting out of me.
Feedback is appreciated!