• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 2,450 Views, 124 Comments

Draconic Relations - ramseymac



Drake has been living monotonously. Then, just when he thought it couldn't get any more boring, things changed. Dramatically.

  • ...
10
 124
 2,450

Jail Square

The rainbow one sprinted up as if to clock me in the face, for which I was ready to sidestep, but before she could reach me the pink freak was right in my face, smiling like a psychopath.
"OOH, OOH! Doyoulikeparties? Ilikeparties, they'remyspecialtalentandhowlonghaveyoubeenherewhatcakedoyoulikeareyoureallyadragon?" She fired off questions, moving her mouth at ludicrous speed, enveloping it in plaid. I backpedaled a few steps, half unsheathing my swords as GLaDOS screamed:
"Agh, kill it! Kill it! It's evil!" I activated my helmet once again, trying to keep the pony as far away from my face as possible. She climbed up me, pushing her face into the right side eye, enveloping one side of my vision. I grabbed the pink mass of terror, pulling her off my face and, in the process, relieving GLaDOS of a pink hoof to the eye. I dropped her and punted her away in mid-air as hard as I could, resulting in her flying over several houses, going "WHEEEEEEEE!" the entire way.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Yelled the rainbow one, also getting in my face, to the point where we would have been muzzle to muzzle had my helmet been down.
"That was for climbing on my face with no warning!" I spat.
"Dash, it has a point, but he still shouldn't have been so violent, neither of you should have been." Purple conceded, changing her stance to a more friendly one.
Just then, a shadow fell upon me.
Now, you may be thinking this is the part where a giant monster appears out of nowhere for no apparent reason, I save the town from it, and the ponies all love me and want to be my friend.
That's not what happened at all, given that the shadow barely reached my knees.
I turned around to see a red Pegasus with a police officer hat and a white unicorn wearing a tux, dark sunglasses, and an earpiece.
The former walked forward and pulled out a small notepad out of seemingly nowhere, given that he didn't have anything but the hat on.

"You are under arrest on the charges of; armed assault, multiple attempted murder, carrying weapons in a public place, aaaand... I think this says... being a dragon, and... fleeing from authorities? The griffins wrote those two," He listed out, looking back to the other for affirmation, for which he received a nod. "So... we're going to have to ask you to come with us." there was a moment of silence.

"Really?" I deadpanned, unfolding my helmet. "I'm being arrested for being a dragon? Seriously? What racist bastard wrote the law 'You are not allowed to be a dragon in this country under penalty of death'? Oh, you know I bet you probably think that everything I have with me is stolen don't you?" I shouted, my scales ruffled and covered me in tickling sensation before settling back down, now glossy black. "You know what? I bet you probably think that this," I fished around in a pouch on the side of my leg, pulling out a bright yellow lemon. "This lemon is stolen, huh? Well it isn't!"
"Where'd you get that lemon?!" GLaDOS asked,
"I picked it off a tree."
"I didn't see you pick that! You didn't get that from anywhere!"
"Ssshhhh... So anyway!"
"Throw it at them! I bet it'll set them on fire!"
"I'm not gonna set anyone one fire, Carolyn."
"Don't call me that."
"Anyway... What I'm trying to say is that griffins are racist bastards."
"We still need you to come with us." The policecolt repeated.
"UUUGH!
...
Fine. But only for twenty-four hours. Then, I'll be considering a jailbreak!" I yelled, crossing my arms. "And I only beat those guys up because they were trying to stab me. In the heart. I call self defense." I proclaimed, then suddenly, the shy pegasus with the pink mane and butter body flew up to me. She looked at me with a harsh, angry glare that could cook a chicken. I tried staring back with the same intensity, but it didn't work, even with my glowy eyes burning like fire I couldn't match it.
"You do not hurt my friends. You do not hurt anything, or anyone. Do you understand, mister?"
I looked into her eyes for a moment, evaluating her.
"Look, Butterscotch,"
"Fluttershy."
"Fluttershy, I'm on a quest to find someone very important to me, and if anything gets in my way, I won't hesitate to destroy it. Ya got that?" She looked taken aback, recoiling, before hiding her face behind her mane and going back to hiding, being replaced by the rainbow one.
"We're not over with, bub!" She whispered dangerously, poking a hoof to my chest.
"And a good day to you too, madam!" I said, layering the sarcasm on thicker than flies on horse dung... or pony dung.
Anyway, I got a few glares as consequence.
"So... I gotta take your weapons."
"Nobody takes my weapons." I said, half unsheathing my sword.


Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, and Applejack walked down the road in the opposite direction to the dragon.
"W-well I'm going to see if I can find Pinkie, so I'll be going now... unless you want me to stay that is..." Fluttershy said quietly.
"Oh, that's fine! See you later!" Twilight said, waving a hoof in Fluttershy's direction and smiling, then she turned towards the others.
"That fella was sleezy as a snake, ah tell ya!" Applejack shouted
"He did seem a bit shifty..."
"How was he immune to The Stare even? And did you see how his scales changed colors? Black scales! I mean, what's more evil than a black dragon?" Rainbow Dash interjected
"RACIST!" Came from down the road, carrying an undertone of irritation.
"Armed to the teeth with weapons to boot!" Dash continued, not paying attention to the ranting reptiles antics.
"And did you see that garish helmet he had on? Horrendous, I tell you." Rarity added.
"I've gotta agree that he seems pretty shifty. Weapons, armor and all. Although, I would like to ask him some questions, and examine the helmet and that magical construct he has." Twilight conceded.
They parted ways, and Twilight walked into the library, observing that her young dragon assistant was seated at the table, munching on some hay fries and reading an adventure story with half lidded eyes and barely sparing her a glance.
"Hey, Twi. What was the big panic about today?" He asked sarcastically.
"There was this weird dragon that Rainbow Dash ran into, then the police hauled him off. He kept yelling at us about how ponies are racist." Spikes eyes widened, and a hay fry fell out of his mouth.
"A... a dragon?"
"Yeah, me and a few of the girls are going to talk to it tomorrow."
"Can I come, please? I mean, I know last time didn't turn out so well, but maybe this guy's nicer!" Spike pleaded giving the best puppy eyes at his disposal.
"Spike, he doesn't really seem all too friendly,"
"I bet if he sees another dragon he'll be friendlier, and maybe stop with the racism thing!"
"Spike, really..." She looked at him and saw the puppy eyes, and quickly averted her eyes. "I really don't want you hanging around that guy, so no... you can't come." Twilight concluded, and heard groaning as Spike was once again denied an adventure.


I sat in a small jail cell, with a single barred window and a grimy cot, spitting bright blue luminescent globules of highly acidic saliva mixed with highly acidic blood from a cut inside my lip into a small metal cup, which completely melted as soon as the glob hit it. I spat another one towards it, but it froze midair. The man in the white suit from before was suddenly next to me.
"I'm disappointed in you, Drake. Thrown in jail within the first hour? Tsk, tsk, you must learn diplomacy, young padawan, or you won't go far out of the cell in this world." He said in a condescending tone that, instead of angering me, like it usually would, calmed me down.
"It's just... I can't stand racism! It's like they assume that since I'm a dragon, I've done -or am currently doing- something evil! If that had been a pony that did that, they would have brushed it off as me just being irritable. Since I'm a dragon, they say I'm evil because of it. It's just so stupid..."
"You could always escape, you have the tools." He stated matter-of-factly.
"Yeah, but I feel like I would just be in even more trouble then." The room darkened, the man stood up and the atmosphere became tense.
"I will NOT have you rot away in a jail cell like some petty criminal! You are destined for more than this, and the princesses would keep you from your own power!" He yelled, then suddenly, the room brightened, along with the atmosphere, relieving me of a large amount of pressure. He ran his hands over his face, before bringing them down again. After his rant, his eyes were suddenly just like mine, except smaller, so as to fit on a human face. "Ugh... I'll be leaving now." He almost whispered, snapping his fingers and disappearing, leaving me with wide eyes and an open mouth.
"Dafuq was that?" I said to myself.


The wind flowed through Special Agent's mane and coat as he added the finishing touches on his report to the princess.
He looked up, towards the front of the chariot, to see Canterlot looming over. The gold and white architecture would have put most ponies in awe, but Special Agent was not 'most ponies'. On the paper in front of him was the evidence that the dragon imprisoned in Ponyville was the one the princess was looking for; the final direct descendant of...








... King Alduin

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait and shortish chapter, but life is busy.
Also, I'm sorry for if you feel I butchered the mane six or anyone else, I'm not that great at keeping the characters canon.
Also, do you think I should put this in Skyrim Equestria now that Alduin is in? He's going to be the only one from The Elder Scrolls.