• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 1,124 Views, 28 Comments

When you're Evi L. - Optimistic Pessimist



Who is Lyra really?

  • ...
6
 28
 1,124

What goes on in the attic

Bon Bon woke up in the middle of the night. She looked over to her clock. It was only one in the morning. She yawned and got out of bed. She was a bit hungry.

The door to the refrigerator opened in a cold blue light, and Bon Bon reached her hoof in to take out a small sandwich that she had left over in the afternoon. She poured herself a cup of milk and sat down to eat.

As she chewed, she could hear two distinct voices. She looked up the stairs and heard them coming from the attic. She left her half eaten sandwich on the counter and slowly walked up the steps.

As she came closer, she could hear Lyra laughing softly. She walked ever so slowly so as not to alert the other voice. Pony. Whatever.

"Oh Discord, you really are quite the joker! It's a pity you're a statue in Canterlot." Bon Bon frowned. Discord? Isn't that the name of the statue back in Canterlot?

"I must say Evi, for a being of such great power, you do an amazing job of keeping it a secret." Evi?

"Oh please, Discord. Deceit is everything for a being such as I. It's how you operate, right?" Discord laughed. "You're all too right. As always!"

Bon Bon slowly climbed the ladder that led to the attic. "Have you been to the Grand Galloping Gala, Discord? You should have been there two nights ago! You'd be perfect." Bon Bon slowly lifted the cover that led to the attic. "You really can't get over the fact that I'm petrified, can you?" Bon Bon peeked over the edge.

Lyra was sitting facing towards the mirror. Her back was to Bon Bon. That was probably a good thing. Bon Bon had a great view of the conversation.

Suddenly she saw a face move to face her. It was a head of a pony, but it had the horns of a dragon and a deer. It had a single huge tooth hanging from its mouth. "Your friend can fit the task well. Snooping around as she is." Bon Bons' eyes flew open in surprise. She dropped the cover with a loud bang.

"Drat." Bon Bon raced down the hall as she could hear the opening of the attic door and the swish of movement. Bon Bon turned back to find a black shape chasing her. She ran face first into a wall.

"Oh, Bon Bon. You always were too curious for your own good." The earth pony turned to find the familiar shape of the unicorn. But when Lyra opened her eyes, Bon Bon went cold with fear. The golden eyes were no longer round, but slits of a cats. "Don't worry Bon Bon, I won't hurt you." Lyra opened her mouth.

A forked snake tongue wove its way back and forth across Bon Bons face. "Oh. I never realized how good you tasted. Such innocence." Lyra retracted her tongue and licked her lips.

Bon Bon screamed as a huge black hole of a mouth closed over her.