• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 3,686 Views, 180 Comments

Big News - not the real VAV



After being happily married, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh couldn't be happier. That is, until, Fluttershy gets some shocking news.

  • ...
15
 180
 3,686

Reactions #1- Rarity and Pinkie Pie

Author's Note:

It's here! YAY! Next chapter will be AJ and RD's reactions. I'd like to give thanks to my three editors for this story (who haven't edited this chapter yet so sorry for any grammatical errors. I was too excited to post this.)

Anyone who can spot and name where a secret reference is from gets a shout out and a follow!

DarthWill3
BronyHawk30
and my friend Isabelle
-not the real VAV

The two made their way to Fluttershy’s cottage, the mare leaning on her beloved stallion. Mac could tell she was starting to get tired. Fluttershy stumbled and tripped over her hoof. Before she could put out her hooves to stop her fall, Mac’s large hoof kept her up.

“Careful ‘Shy. Don’t want you or the foal to get hurt now do we?” He asked, lifting her onto her hooves.

“Thanks sweetie. We certainly wouldn’t.” She stopped briefly to shake her head in an attempt to wake herself back up. Though it came as a fail as the mare yawned. Mac smiled at the adorable action.

Big Mac back-trotted over to his wife to gently poke her with his muzzle.

“Here. Let me carry ya.” Before she could argue, he swiped her off her feet and onto her back. Mac carefully cantered towards the cottage which was only a few feet away.

“Mac…you don’t…have…to…” Big Mac heard his wife’s voice drag off as he felt a head rest on his shoulder. He chuckled as he carried his exhausted wife.

Mac opened the cottage’s door, greeted by an unhappy rabbit. Angel’s arms were crossed as he eyed Mac, not seeing Fluttershy.

“On my back,” he pointed to the passed out mare. Angel huffed in annoyance as he pointed to his stomach. “Oh really? Fluttershy fed you earlier.” He continued towards the couch. Angel hopped in front of him and pointed to the clock. “Ah’ll make all of us lunch, but can Ah set my Shy down first?”

Angel’s eye twitched when Mac mentioned Fluttershy being ‘his’. What was that supposed to mean? Fluttershy certainly wouldn’t be happy to hear that Mac thought he owned her.

Though that was truly not Mac’s intention, just Angel misinterpreting his hint to leave them alone.

Mac carefully placed Fluttershy on the couch, resting her head on a pillow and pulling up a blanket. “Mwah,” Mac kissed her cheek playfully. She was asleep though he noticed she seemed to pucker her lips, as if to kiss some pretend Macintosh.

Mac chuckled as he walked into the kitchen. “Alright Angel, care to help?” He asked the unoccupied bunny.

The fluff bounded over to the red earth pony, giving him an ignorant look.

Fluttershy opened her eyes gently. Her nap wasn’t long but some sleep still glazed her vision. She rose from the couch to look around the room. It was fairly quiet in the living room but she heard some conversation arousing from the kitchen. The young mare got to her hooves and walked over to the cooking station.

Mac was doing as he said he would: making a meal for Fluttershy to enjoy. She smiled at his kindness and leaned on the door-less frame, admiring her husband from afar.

It looked like he was making some type of salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a small container of dressing rested on the clean counter. The bowl he was placing the chopped ingredients inside wasn’t too large but based on a hunch, Macintosh planned on making the salad a meal for two.

“Could I order two small salads and have them in a big bowl?” Fluttershy giggled mentally.
Angel Bunny had on an adorable chef hat, flipping through a cook book’s pages. Fluttershy knew she’d have to stay quiet and unnoticed if she wanted to have the bunny keep it on longer.

“How does that look?” She heard Mac asked. She couldn’t see his face; his back was facing towards her.
Angel tapped his chin before pretending to have a light bulb. He hopped off to Fluttershy’s fruit basket and carried an apple to the farm pony. Mac chuckled and took the apple.

“How’d Ah miss this? ‘Reckon Ah was thinking too much.” Mac started to cut the apple into slices. She noticed Angel gesture something rude as if trying to say her husband didn’t think too often.

Fluttershy decided it was time to make her presence known. “Ahem,” she said quietly and politely.

Mac spun around surprised. Angel looked up, spotted his Mamma, and tossed off the chef’s hat. Big Mac tried to hide the vegetables and the meal but only succeeded in knocking a cabbage and a few carrots into the sink and two forks onto the floor.

“Oops…Ah…Ah didn’t mean for that ta happen.” He said with a blush, reaching down to pick up the dropped silverware. Fluttershy scooped the vegetables out of the sink. She placed them carefully on the counter and pulled out a towel to try them off. While she was wiping the water off the leaves, Mac rubbed his neck as he placed the salad on the kitchen table.

“Are ya mad?” he asked. Fluttershy looked up at him with a confused expression as if her husband had just announced he was truly a changeling in disguise.

“Mad? Why would I be mad?” She asked.

“Because Ah caused a ruckus-,”

“But you were making us a lovely lunch. And I really appreciate the offer sweetie. It was nice of you wanting to keep it a surprise. But it’s fine. I’m fine with it. By the looks of it, you’re finished.” She explained.

The salad did look done. It was large, larger than the one Mac made Angel.

“We can sit and enjoy our lunch, hm?” Mac nodded in agreement.
………

“Hiya Fluttershy!”

“Hello darling.”

Rarity and Pinkie Pie were gathered at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie jumping up and down, and Rarity watching her with a slight-displeased look.

“Hi girls.” Fluttershy approached the duo. Sugarcube Corner was fairly quiet for the exception of somepony’s hooves landing on the ground every few moments.

Fluttershy had asked if the two could meet her somewhere more private like her cottage. Though Pinkie Pie had been persistent, saying she could ask the Cakes for a quick private talk there without any disturbances. And she had said she could make them ‘goodies’ while they chatted.

“Why did you want us to meet up, darling? Is something the matter?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah! Is somepony bothering you? ‘Cuz Dashie and I could totally take care of them!” Pinkie pretended to flex a muscle. Fluttershy gasped as Rarity raised an eyebrow.

“You wouldn’t hurt somepony, would you?” asked a horrified Fluttershy.

“Why of course not! You just throw them a big party like we tried to do for Gilda!” The mares giggled even though the Pegasus flinched at the name.

“So…is somepony giving you trouble?” Pinkie repeated. Rarity looked like she was expecting an answer as well.

“No. It’s actually something really…” Fluttershy took a deep breath, a smile creasing on her lips. She racked her brain for the right word. Pinkie cocked her head curiously.

“Hugantic? Ginormous?” Pinkie asked. “Totally great? Fab-tabulous?” She whined, wanting to know.

“I g-guess you could say that but I was thinking-,” Fluttershy was cut off.

“That it is the most-mmgrffphm…” Pinkie Pie’s rambling was cut short by a white hoof. Rarity was shaking her head disapprovingly.

“Go on darling.” She said, facing Fluttershy and removing her hoof.

“That I’m…well…I’m pregnant.” The yellow mare was surprised to find she was slightly nervous about telling her best friends the big news. Her meekness had returned and briefly took her voice.

“What was that?” Pinkie asked.

“I-I’m pregnant.” She said, loud enough to reach her friends’ ears.

“WHAT?!” Both earth pony and unicorn exclaimed. Fluttershy cringed at their volume. Before Fluttershy could do anything about it, she was quickly tackled to the floor. All she saw was a pink blur charging her down.

“Oof!” She squealed as hooves wrapped around her, slightly making her fall less painful.

Fluttershy opened her eyes to see Pinkie Pie with a huge smile, eye twinkling. “P-Pinkie?” Fluttershy asked, her voice strained from a large hoof on her chest.

“Oops! Sorry Fluttershy!” Pinkie quickly jumped off the yellow mare and helped her up.

As Fluttershy dusted herself off, she was almost tackled by another hug. This time by both Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

Fluttershy blushed and smiled wildly as her friends hugged her tightly. She couldn’t see their faces but could tell by the hug that they were both happy. And despite Fluttershy’s fears of being a mother- of which she kept a secret- she couldn’t help but put them into the back of her mind.