• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 3,686 Views, 180 Comments

Big News - not the real VAV



After being happily married, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh couldn't be happier. That is, until, Fluttershy gets some shocking news.

  • ...
15
 180
 3,686

Midnight Visitor(s), A Special Day, and Auntie Dash

Fluttershy snuggled into Mac’s neck, humming blissfully. He sighed, content, and tightened his grip.

It haf been an exhausting day. Big Macintosh worked hard bucking tress, plowing the fields, and helping create the famous Apple Family Cider. Fluttershy had hauled some fairly heavy feed, ran herself around making sure the house was clean, and went to the market place (which had given her a great deal of anxiety).

It felt good to be in each other’s embrace. It had been awhile since they could truly relax together.

Big Mac gave her a peck on the forehead. It was dark in the room but he could've swore he saw her flush a pink.

The Pegasus rubbed his barrel as his large hoof ran though her luscious pink mane.

“I miss this…” Fluttershy whispered into his crimson coat.

A teal eye opened up.

“Of course I love the kids and I-,”

“Ah know what you mean Shy. We just need our time.”

Fluttershy nodded. “It-,”

She stopped when the two heard slow hoofsteps down the hall. Big Mac and Fluttershy shot up, their heads looking towards the doorway. In the hallway the duo could see two shadows of ponies slowly making their way down the hall.

Big Mac started to get up to investigate when the shadows traveled faster down the hall and into their room.

Fluttershy’s heart started to beat once again when she saw it wasn’t an intruder. Instead it was the twins who looked quite frightened.

She patted the bed as Mac rested back down, feeling better.

Sun Crest and Autumn Harvest climbed into the bed. Fluttershy moved over and pointed in the middle. The two crawled so they were in between their mother and father.

“Are you alright? Is everything okay? You nearly gave us a heart attack.” Fluttershy rubbed Autumn’s forehead with her yellow hoof.

“S-sorry. Autumn and I got s-scared.” Sun Crest trembled. Big Mac pulled him into a hug, comforting the startled colt.

Fluttershy nuzzled her daughter and followed Mac’s ministrations, pulling her into a hug. “What scared you?” She asked.

“W-well we heard a n-noise outside and we…Ah got scared and woke Crest. We tried to fall back asleep an’ we’re sorry fer waking you.” The young filly apologized into her mom’s shoulder.

“Oh it’s alright sweethearts. I used to get scared all the time when I was young.”

“Really?” Autumn Harvest looked up at her mom, a sparkle in her teal eyes.

“Yes. But I got over it,” she bopped the ginger-haired earth pony on the nose. “I learned their truly wasn’t anything to be afraid of. It’ll take time but you’ll pass the phase.”

Autumn nodded against her mother’s coat.

“Of course it helps to have a big, strong stallion at your bed side.” Fluttershy reached across to her husband.

“Uh, Shy?”

“Yes?”

“Ahem, ‘big, strong stallion at your bedside’?” He said with a pink blush.

“Oh! I-I-I hadn’t m-meant it like t-that I swear!” Fluttershy’s face lit up with color. Mac chuckled as the kids looked up to their parents in confusion.

“Ah know though it did sound interesting.”

The two looked down to see the twins cuddling into them. Fluttershy and Big Mac felt Autumn and Sun Crest’s soft, crème coats.

“They look like you when you’re tired.” Mac pointed out.

Fluttershy nodded in agreement. “Mhmm.”

The mare’s pink tail teased its way over to the tip of Mac’s. He looked down to see it playing with his orange colored tail.

“What are you doin’ Shy?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.

She smiled. “We can’t have our fun since the twins are here in bed with us but that doesn’t mean we can’t be playful.” Pink intertwined with orange as Mac joined it.

Fluttershy reached down and kissed Autumn on the forehead.

Macintosh reached down and kissed Sun Crest on the forehead.

“Good night sugarcube.”

“Good night to you too, sweetie.”

~ . ~

Sun Crest grabbed hold of the rope handle and took a break.

“Three.”

“Two.”

“One!”

He yanked as hard as he could, straining his body, gritting his teeth and tasting the awful taste of the bonded fibers. It wasn’t too pleasant but sometimes a hero must face awful paths to-

“You realize that narrating that while the rope is in yer mouth sounds like ‘he yhnked es herrrd es he chooould,’ so…y’know…not nearly as cool.” A filly stated with her hooves crossed.

The Pegasus colt spat out the handle and looked to his sister, pouting.

“I was trying to help dad, okay? He can’t do this work alone.”

“Ah know. That’s why he has Aunt Applejack.”

Sun Crest rolled his eyes and huffed. “You know what I meant, Aut. Mom’s gotten even further along and can barely move! Dad needs to be by her side.”

The filly pouted and looked at the ground.

“Ah wish we could be with mom. What if it happened and we’re not around?”

Sun Crest shook his head. “It won’t happen. Even if it does they take a while to happen.”

Her pout turned into a big smile as she pranced up to her brother. She squished his cheeks with a not-so-girlish squelch made with her tongue and lips.

“Ain’t it exciting?”

Sun smiled and nodded. “I-it kind of is.”

Autumn Harvest frowned, noticing her brother looked nervous.

“What’s wrong? Why are you anxious?”

Sun pushed away her crème hooves and shrugged. “I-I don’t know…” he began to scuff the ground with his hoof, a mannerism gained from his mother. “I’m just worried I’ll mess up.”

Autumn raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Why? You aren’t going to be in charge of him until we grow a bit more.”

“Well…I mean…what if I’m not good at the job? W-what if it doesn’t like me?”

“Why did you say ‘it’? He isn’t some animal.”

“Well we don’t know for sure what it will be. Why do you call it a ‘he’?”

Autumn shrugged. “Ah dunno’. Guess Ah kinda want it to be a him.”

“Why is that? That’ll be more-,”

A taller yellow mare with red hair came running up to the twins. They looked at their other aunt in confusion.

“What is it Aunt Applebloom?” They both asked in unison.

“It’s time!” She squealed.

The twins’ mouth dropped as they chased after their now bolting aunt.

“We’re coming mom!”

There was a knock at the front door. Macintosh finished scraping off what remained of the eaten salad. He placed down the plate and fork on the counter and approached the cottage’s door. Mac tilted his head, trying to see through a window.

A glimpse of a prismatic mane told him it was Ms. Dash. Err…no. Applejack and Fluttershy’s friends liked it better when they didn’t add Ms.

Even if Granny Smith had told him it was gentlecolty.

He trotted towards the wooden door and turned the knob. Mac opened the door to see Rainbow Dash floating above him.

She grinned and said, “Ah. Figured it wasn’t Flutters since the door opened completely…without hesitation…and, y’know, without secrecy. Keeping herself hidden…in the shadows…like a ninja.” Both stallion and mare cracked up at the thought of a ninja Fluttershy.

“Y’all here to see Shy?” Mac asked.

Rainbow Dash raised her eyebrows with her mouth open.

“I, Rainbow Dash, can’t drop by to see you dear Macintosh Apple?” She faked while batting her eyelashes innocently.

Macintosh did not seem too terribly amused and his expression reminded the cyan Pegasus of his sister.

“I’ll take that as no. Well, I am. After the bombshell-wait!”

Rainbow Dash held out her hooves, one hitting Mac on the snout. He flinched and moved back, giving the mare a confused look.

“Uh-?”

“Shh! Wait…”

She looked like she was deep in focus. Rainbow Dash sighed and said, “Nope. I tried to think up a clever pun or something sarcastic but I got nothing.”

Mac chuckled.

“Anyway, after the bombshell was dropped I figured I should drop by to say hello to Preggers herself.” Rainbow Dash shrugged like the nickname was nothing.

Mac mouth opened like he would say something but he didn’t. He wasn’t quite sure how to react after hearing his wife being dubbed ‘Preggers’. Though he knew it was in good fun, Dash would never intentionally insult Fluttershy.

“Well…okay,” Mac moved to the side, allowing Rainbow Dash to enter. He closed the door behind the mare. “She’s upstairs.”

Rainbow Dash nodded and flew upstairs to their bedroom.

The door was open, revealing a rather tired Fluttershy resting on the bed on top of the covers. Her eyes weren’t closed but they were glazed with sleep.

She let out a trademark yawn, its very essence oozing adorableness.

Rainbow Dash chuckled silently, touching down on the wood floor. She trotted up to Fluttershy with a giddy smile.

“Hey Flutters,” she whispered. If he friend was beat, she didn't want to keep her from her needed sleep. As soon as the foals were born, they’d be keeping their parents awake for a few weeks at least.

“Hi Rainbow. It’s a surprise to see you here.” Fluttershy smiled.

“Decided I’d visit you, considering I’d be an aunt.” Rainbow arched her eyebrows playfully.

Fluttershy giggled and lightly punched her best friend in the arm. “Of course I consider you a sister, Rainbow. Mwah!” A yellowed hoof touched her lips and she waved it off.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. The yellow Pegasus patted the spot next to her and the cyan mare complied, crawling on top of the sheets, next to her best friend.

“So how are you? You holding out okay?” Dash asked.

Fluttershy nodded while blushing lightly. “I-I’m okay. I mean, I do feel a little sick once and while. M-mild cravings, too. But nothing bad, I haven’t gotten sick sick.”

“The difference?” Rainbow asked, giggling.

The pink-maned mare blushed deeper and replied, “Well I may have puked but I haven’t gotten a fever or cold or the flu. Those are never good things to have during a pregnancy.”

The blue Pegasus smiled and nodded, now understanding what she had meant. Her magenta eyes looked towards the mare’s belly. It had grown in size considering Fluttershy was now beginning her second trimester.

Rainbow Dash blushed when she realized may have been staring. She shook her head and opened her mouth to apologize when Fluttershy cut in.

“It has gotten rather large, hasn’t it?” her blush was no longer pink, but crimson. “D-do you want to feel for them?”

Dash blushed and eyed her friend. “R-really? Are you sure?”

Fluttershy nodded.

“O-okay.”

She extended her hoof, the cold surface touched Fluttershy’s warm and soft coat. Said mare had to bite her lip to keep from giggling. After the discovery with Mac, she was extremely ticklish if somepony else touched her impregnated womb.

As if the foals knew Rainbow Dash was there they decided to make their presence known.

Her hoof felt them kicking and the mare couldn’t help but get excited. “Did you feel that?” Rainbow Dash almost face hoofed, realizing that if she felt it, certainly Fluttershy would have.

“Ignore that, it was a stupid question.”

Fluttershy giggled.


“Alright rookie! Are you ready to train with a world-famous Wonderbolt?” Rainbow Dash formed a strong, confident stance and looked deep into the younger pegasus’ eyes.

“Sir, yes, sir!” Sun Crest raised a hoof to his forehead.

“Now I can’t go to extreme with this, Fluttershy would whip my flank if she found out I pushed her son too hard so let’s begin with some easier, beginning moves. You ready?”

“Sir, yes, sir!” Sun Crest shouted.

“Good! Fifteen wing-ups on the double!” Rainbow Dash leapt to the ground to see Sun Crest do as told. The colt listened and jumped to the ground, flaring his wings.

“Down! One!”

“Down! Two!”

“Down! Three!”

“Down! Four!”

“Down! Five!”

The colt was still doing well for his young age.

“Down! Six!”

“Down! Seven!”

“Down! Eight!”

“Down! Nine!”

“Down! Ten!”

Rainbow Dash nodded, feeling proud of her “nephew”.

“Down! Eleven!”

“Down! Twelve!”

“Down! Thirteen!”

“Down! Fourteen!”

Now Sun Crest was starting to feel a bit of strain and lowered himself down to the ground for the fourteenth time.

“Down! Fifteen!”

Sun Crest raised himself up and down, finally down. He wiped his brow with his hoof.

“Whew!”

Rainbow Dash applauded him, giving him an approving grin.

“Impressive! Well done, Sun Crest.” She gently punched him on the shoulder. Said young Pegasus blushed and smiled.

“Thanks Aunt Dash.”

Rainbow Dash preformed a confident stance with a cocky smile. “The one and only!”

She patted him on his head and said, “If you ask me, I’d say you did just as well maybe even better than your mom on Tornado Day years back.”

She leaned in and added, “Why don’t we find that certain slowpoke?”

“I heard that!” a farther away voice called.

Just needed to do it.

Author's Note:

So obviously we have some flashbacks-nope...flash forwards? Future Vision?