• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 3,686 Views, 180 Comments

Big News - not the real VAV



After being happily married, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh couldn't be happier. That is, until, Fluttershy gets some shocking news.

  • ...
15
 180
 3,686

Off To See Twilight

Early Next Day

Mac tightened his grip around his snuggle bunny, nuzzling her soft comfy neck. He gave her a quick morning kiss on the- wait.

His eyes opened in surprise as he saw himself kissing a pillow. Where did his wife go? He swore he had just seen here a-

A muffled vomiting noise came from the bathroom.

“Oh…”

Big Mac started to walk down the hall towards the bathroom. To his disgust, the muffling started to disappear.

“Fluttershy?” He asked standing in front of the door. “Are you alright?”

After a few seconds of the gross sound, it stopped as Fluttershy snapped, “Do I sound alright?”

Mac flinched and pulled back his hoof from the door. Fluttershy never yelled like that, even when she was annoyed or angry.

“Do you want me to come in?” He asked. Mac heard the toilet flush and hoofsteps getting closer. First, he heard running water, then the water went off, and finally the door opened, revealing a tired Fluttershy with messy mane. She had made sure to clean herself up, though.

“Um…are you okay?” Mac asked cautiously, preparing for a moody response. Luckily, it seemed the regular Fluttershy was back.

“Yes…I had just…just felt a little…sick earlier today. That’s all.” She would have leant in for a kiss but both knew it was definitely not the right time for smooching.

“Good,” Mac nodded. “Were you okay when Ah asked you that question, though?”

Fluttershy blushed and looked down. “S-sorry about that…I-I guess a mood swing had just come early…” Mac used his hoof to push her head up to look at him.

“That’s fine. Ah knew it wasn’t you. You don’t yell like that.” Fluttershy smiled. “Um…Ah was thinking…we should probly’ get a pregnancy book, huh?” He asked.

Fluttershy nodded. “That would be a good idea. I do remember some…things…while in…school…” She looked back down at the floor, blushing.

“But not all?” he finished. Fluttershy nodded, still looking at the ground. “It’s alright; we all had some embarrassin’ talks at that age.” He comforted by gently nuzzling her cheek.

“I-I know…let’s get ready to visit Twilight.” Fluttershy raised her head and quickly changed the subject. She began to stroll of into the bedroom without waiting for Mac. He raised an eyebrow, confused. “Did Ah say somethin’ wrong?” He asked himself quietly.


Fluttershy knocked on the Golden Oak Library’s door. She had cleaned herself up and brushed her mane. She had sent Mac to buy a few groceries for the week. Fluttershy preferred to be by herself this time.

The wooden door opened and a purple baby dragon greeted her. “Hi Fluttershy!” Spike said, opening the door. He ushered her inside. “You need Twilight?” He asked.

“Actually…yes.” She nodded. Spike closed the door behind her and called out to the studious alicorn. “Twilight! Fluttershy’s here to see you!”

Said mare made her way down the stairs and towards the pregnant mare and young dragon.

“Oh why hello Fluttershy. Is there something you need me for?” She asked as she approached her friend. Spike left the two and headed towards the kitchen.

“Um…actually…yes.” Fluttershy took a deep breath. “I-I had gone to the hospital yesterday-,”

“What?! Are you okay?” Twilight questioned with an alarmed expression.

“Y-yes! Actually I’m…I’m great.” She looked up at her friend with a large smile. “Mac and I found out that…I’m…pregnant.” Fluttershy felt good to have told somepony besides Mac the big news.

“You’re p-pregnant?” The purple alicorn asked, eyeing her friend’s tummy. Twilight didn’t notice how uncomfortable the eyeballing was making Fluttershy. The Pegasus ducked behind her mane bashfully.

“Y-yes…I’m pregnant. I-I need a book about pregnancy and foals.” She told her shocked friend.

Twilight shook her head to regain her senses. “Sorry…it’s just a shock to hear one of your best friends is going to have a foal.” Twilight trotted towards a shelf to start her look.

Fluttershy smiled and followed her.


Fluttershy made her way into the market place looking for her husband. She was carrying the book between her left wing and side. She had scolded herself for forgetting to bring saddlebags.

After a good five minutes of searching, Fluttershy found her beloved by a stand. The large red stallion stood out while talking to Thunderlane. The two were engaged in what seemed to be an intense conversation so Fluttershy patiently waited for the two to finish. Though the conversation ended abruptly as Thunderlane noticed the mare was waiting.

He tapped Mac and motioned they had a guest.

“Hey ‘Shy.” Mac said, looking at the Pegasus. Fluttershy smiled and readjusted her wing to get a better grip on the book.

“Hi Mac,” She shyly turned to Thunderlane. She hadn’t spoken to him but had seen him flying with Rainbow Dash on her Weather Team. “H-Hi Thunderlane.”

“Hello Mrs. Fluttershy,” he said gentle-coltly. Fluttershy was pretty sure that wasn’t a word.

She giggled and blushed. “There’s no need for the formality. You can just call me Fluttershy.” She quietly corrected.

Thunderlane rubbed the back of his head bashfully. He turned to Mac. “Well…I best get going. Rainbow Dash isn’t happy when her team members are late.” The Pegasus said as he took flight. “Cya’ Mac. Bye Fluttershy.” He nodded and flew off.

Mac nodded at his friend as he flew away. He turned to his wife and walked closer. “Ah got all of ‘em. Everything you wanted me to get.” Fluttershy showed him the book in her wing and gestured to her cottage.

“Are you ready to head home?” The canary mare asked. Mac nodded and followed his wife.
“We can head home and start reading that, right?” Mac raised a hoof and pointed at the pregnancy book.
Fluttershy nodded. “Soon, yes. Should I make us lunch first?” She turned to face him. Mac smiled and trotted up to her. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Ah said Ah’d help ya yesterday. Ah’ll still help ya.” Fluttershy smiled and nuzzled against him. “Mhmm…” she hummed.

“Aww…yer so cute.”

Author's Note:

Alright...sorry this came out about a week later. I had wanted to post it really bad but it was about 500 words too short. Now that it's a thousand, I felt good to post it. I'm going to be having Easter Break off soon so more time for me to write. I have a huge plot twist idea!