• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 3,687 Views, 180 Comments

Big News - not the real VAV



After being happily married, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh couldn't be happier. That is, until, Fluttershy gets some shocking news.

  • ...
15
 180
 3,687

Pancakes and Pillow Fights

Author's Note:

This will reveal another...um...well...I'm not sure what to call them. It isn't a flashback. It's like...they have psychic super powers that allow them to see into the future! Or...you know...they're just imagining a great future. So...yeah. I think this chapter' a good one! One of my favorites, in fact. Hope you guys enjoy!

I had thought of Autumn Harvest and Sun Crest while sifting through FlutterMac photos of mine. The design and names are from moi, but the pictures (which I will try to post if FimFiction will allow my to POST!) are from my amazing articulately talented friend Isabelle.
-not the real VAV

The Next Morning

Fluttershy gently fluttered open her eyes, yawning deeply. She looked around to see she was on a grassy field, her cottage far behind them.

Big Mac had shifted during their sleep, his head now resting on her front hooves. Fluttershy smiled as she thought of a sweet dog doing the same.

Fluttershy noticed it was no longer night time. The sun was further into the sky, resting slightly above treetop canopies. The glow of the star sent rays of warmth through Fluttershy’s body. She may not have had a warm blanket last night but the heat emitting from her husband had kept her from becoming cold.

She was studying the sky when she heard a fairly loud masculine yawn. The Pegasus looked to Big Mac who was groggily rubbing his eyes. After he shook his head to regain his senses, he looked to his wife with a big smile.

“Good morning sweetie.” Fluttershy cooed.

“Good mornin’ sunshine.” He teased Fluttershy with a gentle morning kiss on the lips.

“Sleep well?” She asked. Fluttershy started to get to her hooves. Once she had, she held out a hoof to help her husband up.

Mac smiled and took her hoof. Considering how heavy the stallion made of muscle was, Fluttershy struggled a bit to stay from falling back down. He made sure to be gentle and careful with his mare, finally getting his back hooves to stay firm on the ground. His legs wobbled a bit, Big Mac annoyed that they were still asleep. Stupid, numb legs.

Once they were on their hooves, Mac answered his wife’s question.

“How could Ah not with you as mah blanket?” he asked, nuzzling her cheek. Fluttershy blushed lightly as she was rubbed by his red snout.

She kissed him on the cheek and trotted off towards the house. Mac gave his wife a disappointed look but that was soon replaced with a big goofy grin as he chased after her. It reminded him of a school colt with a silly crush.

“Hey! Come back here Shy!” By the time he was crossing the bridge to her cottage, Fluttershy was inside the house.

Big Mac shut the door behind him. He looked for his wife but she didn’t appear to be anywhere nearby. Mac was starting to give up when a pretty face popped out from behind a kitchen wall. She was smiling at him with a large chef hat.

Macintosh chuckled and cantered off to her, excited to see what she was up to.

Fluttershy was grabbing a skillet and placing it on the oven. Mac wasn’t sure what she was planning to make but wanted to help.

“Shy? What’cha makin’?” He asked with a curious look. He eyed the materials she had laid out: batter, chocolate chips, and strawberries. Mac had a hunch.

“Pancakes.”

Knew it.

“Ya want help?” Mac offered.

Fluttershy stopped what she was doing to walk over to a closet on the other side of the kitchen. Mac raised an eyebrow. She reached down to grab something on a lower shelf.

It was folded tightly but Mac could spot some type of pink and white lace. Fluttershy handed it to Mac with a big girlish smirk.

He kept his confused look as he unwrapped the odd package.

His jaw dropped open and his pupils went wide. Why did Fluttershy give him this? She giggled at his expression and further explained her reasoning.

“You want to help? You have to be a chef, too. You can wear it.” She tilted her head and gave an evil smile. Mac blushed profusely as he gave the outfit a look down.

It was a white apron with pink laces around the edges with butterflies stitched in the center. To keep the apron together, straps were on the straps, butterflies, too, on the end.

“Do you need help, Mackie?” Fluttershy teased, stretching her hooves out to help.

Mac gently refused her offer, pushing back her hooves. Though, with a heavy sigh, he did reluctantly try to place on the apron…try.

He started to struggle with the butterfly encrusted apron and its straps. Mac grunted as he tried to tie it around him, trying to ignore Fluttershy. She had her hoof to her chin, studying him with a raised eyebrow and a smile.

He gave up, looking at floor.

“Need help?”

Mac nodded in shame.

“Here.”

Mac blushed as Fluttershy pressed herself against him, trying to tie the apron from the front. As she fiddled with the straps, her tongue out in annoyance, Mac help back his laugh.

“Hmm…so…it ain’t so easy, is it?” He asked.

Fluttershy furrowed her brow as she tried harder, determination taking over. She grunted and grumbled until she let out a sigh. She looked pretty annoyed.

“Having trouble sweetie?” Mac asked with a satisfied grin, head held high.

“I’m just having trouble from here. You aren’t getting off quite yet.” She walked behind him as she began to tie the straps.

Fluttershy looked proud as she looked at her husband. She smiled and said, “Getting in touch with your feminine side? You still look haaaaandsome,” she said with a Canterlot accent.

Mac chuckled at her wife’s exaggeration.

“Just slightly…prettier.” Fluttershy rubbed his cheek and kissed his nose.

“Are you ready to help me cook?” Fluttershy asked, readjusting her chef hat.

“Eeyup!” Mac nodded.



The family gathered on the couch to watch a movie. Mac was holding the popcorn, Fluttershy behind him with the candy, and the twins carefully balanced drinks on their hooves. As the older ponies sat, Big Macintosh spotted Sun Crest trying to balance the glass on his snout.

They made eye contact and Mac shook his head. Sun Crest frowned and carefully picked it up with his hooves.

Autumn took the remote in her hooves. She looked to her parents and brother to see if they were ready. Fluttershy, who was sitting to her right, nodded. To her left, her brother was avoiding her dad who was to the left of him.

“Ah ain’t mad Sun Crest. Just…don’t spill, okay?” Mac said gently.

Sun Crest nodded and looked to the screen and then to his sister. Both stallions nodded and the filly began to run the movie.

They were playing a classic, “The Lion King.”

Sun Crest had always liked to be called a lion. He would fluff his mane to make it look like a lion’s mane. He would growl and hiss at everypony, claiming he was defending his territory. When Autumn would could prancing in, he would surprise her and pretend to attack.

Though she wouldn’t be afraid. She grew to know it was just her silly brother.

She once stated a lion needed a lioness and walked stoically away, feeling triumphant. Sun Crest’s face was priceless, his snout scrunched up, his eyebrows furrowed as he grumbled saying something about young fillies and how they could be annoying.

The family would munch on their popcorn, eat some candy, have a sip of their drink, and relax back onto the couch.

As the movie played, Big Macintosh and Fluttershy smiled at the twins as the argued. Sun Crest saying that Simba was a better leader and could have done fine without Nala. However, Autumn would get annoyed saying Simba was a jerk and that Nala was being a good friend. She said that she led the pack fine while Simba was gone. Before they could start fighting, Fluttershy and Big Mac ended the argument.

“Autumn, sugarcube.”

“Sun Crest, sweetie.”

Both foals looked to the parent would called them. Autumn saw her father’s stern but kind look. Sun Crest saw her mother’s firm but tender look. They looked down in shame and apologized to their parents. Fluttershy kissed his forehead, Mac doing the same with the filly.

Eventually, the movie had ended, both filly and colt asleep on each other. Fluttershy clapped her hooves together quietly, smiling at their adorable snuggles.

“D’aww…” she heard Mac say.

“We should take them up to bed.” Fluttershy said. Mac nodded. Before Fluttershy could help, he slid both of the twins onto his back. He got off the couch.

“Mac, do you need help?” She asked, concerned for both her husband and her kids.

“Ah’m fine. They’ll be safe.” He reassured.

Fluttershy trusted him. She knew he wouldn’t let anything happen to them.

As Mac placed the kids in their bed, Fluttershy cleaned up the glasses and the trash. She heard Mac coming down the stairs. She met him halfway in the living room.

“They’re sound asleep. Quiet, for once.” He said.

“Should we head to bed?” Fluttershy asked.

“But moooooom! Ah don’t waaaanna!” Mac teased, pretending he was a greedy foal. Fluttershy giggled and kissed his cheek.

“It isn’t too late. We can still do…things…” she bounced her eyebrows.

Mac’s mouth dropped over and his eyes bulged. He had a blink a few times to think straight. “Shy…do you mean-,”

Pomf!

Mac felt the object fall from his face. He spat out feathers, looking down at the thing that hit his face. It was a pillow. He looked at Fluttershy, confused.

She was trying to hide giggles by clamping down on her lips but it wasn’t working to well.

She started to crack up.

“I’m sorry Mac. I wanted to have fun so I-,”

Pomf!

Fluttershy staggered back as the soft object smacked into her face.

Oh it was on!


Mac flipped the pancake into the air, trying to impress his wife. He looked to her with a cocky grin, holding his spatula out to catch the wonderful goodness that is a pancake.

Though, that isn’t what happened.

Mac felt a warm pastry slap him in the face, right on his left eye. He frowned, not amused. Though Fluttershy started to crack up at her husband’s misfortune.

As she rolled on the floor, holding her sides, Mac used his tongue to locate the pancake. He slid it down to grab a bite out of it. It was a little hot and burnt his tongue, but it was still good. The food would be good just as long as no pony tried to show off.