• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 3,686 Views, 180 Comments

Big News - not the real VAV



After being happily married, Fluttershy and Big Macintosh couldn't be happier. That is, until, Fluttershy gets some shocking news.

  • ...
15
 180
 3,686

...a Foal

Fluttershy trotted down her dirt path to her house. She had a big smile on her face as she pranced about. All the annoying “symptoms” she had been feeling vanished, all because of her elated joy.

What made her smile more was that Mac would be home soon…

Fluttershy stopped in her tracks. Mac…how was she going to tell him?

This was something big. Bigger than when Mac had proposed.

This wasn’t some simple thing she wanted to tell Mac. She wasn’t telling him that she’d be busy the next week. She wasn’t telling him that she wanted him to stay over the night. She wasn’t even telling him what they were having for dinner than night.

She’d be telling him that she was pregnant with his foal.

Her prancing became slower walking as she got lost in deep thought.


"Oh I knew it’d be a bad idea! Oh Fluttershy you silly filly. I should have just beaten it."

She nodded at first, agreeing with herself. Then her ears flopped as she reconsidered.
"I wouldn’t have been able to beat it. It isn’t as simple as dealing with my fear of heights or of dragons."

She shivered at the thought.
"We did it…we enjoyed it," she thought with a blush. "And besides…a foal is a wonderful gift! Think about all the amazing things we can do as a family. It’ll be wonderful!"

Fluttershy smiled, feeling her pep talk working.
“Angel, I’m back.” She called as she walked inside her cottage.

Angel hopped to her side, glad to see her back. He tilted his head, wondering why his Mamma had to leave him immediately.

“Angel…um…remember how I was…in heat a few weeks ago?” She asked blushing. Fluttershy closed to door and took a seat on the couch.

The bunny nodded.

“Well…Mac and I…we…well…you know,” her face was a darker red now. Angel knew what she was talking about but just for the fun of it, he acted dumb. The rabbit raised an eyebrow.

“When…when you know… ‘two lovers care for each other very much’,” She said, quoting the embarrassing line. Angel ended the act and nodded.

“And um…well…I-I’m pregnant.” The Pegasus gestured to her belly with a nervous smile. Angel’s eyes went wide in surprise. He looked up to his Mamma with a shocked expression.

“I don’t know how I didn’t notice. It was fairly obvious…” She said, blushing at her own cluelessness. “How am I going to tell Mac? He’s going to be home within the next half hour.”

Angel tapped his chin like he was wondering. He shrugged and gave up, hopping off to fetch a carrot. Fluttershy smiled at her bunny and rested her head on the couch’s arm.


“Sweetheart?”

Fluttershy opened her eyes and yawned. She heard a chuckle and something sitting next to her. The mare turned to see Big Macintosh smiling at her.

“Feelin’ better?” He asked. He snuck a kiss on her cheek.

Fluttershy smiled and nodded. “Um…Mac?”

“Yeah ‘Shy?” He asked.

“I have to tell you something.” She took in a breath as she scooted closer to her husband. Fluttershy placed an arm around his back. He laid an arm on her shoulder. “I-I did go to the hospital today. I…don’t know how I didn’t pick up on it…”

“Pick up on what? What is it, Shy?” Macintosh asked concerned.
Fluttershy took an even deeper breath and looked into Mac’s big emerald eyes.

“Mac…I’m pregnant.”