• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 417 Views, 23 Comments

The Battles Of Today, The Wars Of Tomorrow - Fryguy



Equestria goes to war with a kingdom far away with a wicked ruler.

  • ...
4
 23
 417

Fight For Freedom

At Neffison's old castle, where he has the princesses in custody and has all of the ponies of Equestria his slaves, Dark Geoffrey, Twilight, and Zenny creep up towards the now bloody courtyard, for the pony slaves have been working very hard, but the guards still whipped them.

As the ponies spied the courtyard for guards, which seemed to be that there wasn't in sight, they wondered why the pony slaves continued to work and not slack off while the guards were gone. Maybe a death threat?

Dark Geoffrey starts to get up, but while he does this, he motioned Twilight and Zenny to help him. "We are going to free the ponies, and the princesses in the dungeons, but if Neffison is here, Twilight, get the princesses, while Zenny continues with unfastening the shackles of the ponies, I'll fight them off." Twilight wasn't sure if Dark Geoffrey could fight off an entire army just like that.

"Are you sure Geoffrey?" asked Twilight. Dark Geoffrey replied.

"I'm strong enough to repel them, don't worry." Dark Geoffrey says, and the three ponies started to sneak down the hill they were on. Unaware that they had company.

"Mmmmmm mmm mm mm mm ha ha ha ha! Something tells me that we'll need to trick them. Don't you?" He asked his entire army, who came along with him.

"Uhhhyyyyyyyes." The soldiers said nervously something told them that they were going to violently force the three ponies into surrender. They were even more nervous from Neffison's horn beginning to glow.

"Now, when I cause attention to me while all of you are behind those hills, they'll all come this way, or at least Geoffrey, Twilight, and Zenny, or just Geoffrey, and when I say the command, pop out and fire your arrows into the air. Got it?" The soldiers nodded as they went into their hiding spot.

Dark Geoffrey, Twilight, and Zenny made their way into the courtyard, but they still hid. But when they were very sure that it was safe, they came out of hiding from behind some barrels, and were immediately noticed by the pony slaves. "Twilight? Is that you?" Applejack noticed the three ponies first and asked the question that made everypony notice. Sure enough, everypony reconized Twilight, who they thought was dead.

"Everypony! It's Twilight! She's alive!" All the pony slaves went away from their labors, they dropped their hammers and nails. But as the ponies crowded around, Twilight began to speak.

"Everypony, I'm glad you're okay. But we must hurry and unfasten your shackles and get of here before..."

"I SHOW UP?! OH OH HO HO HO! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!" Everypony turns to see who made the voice, it was Neffison, his armor clattered against his skin as he laughed. All of the pony slaves started to scream in terror, Dark Geoffrey was scared too, how did Neffison know where to look? But Dark Geoffrey kept a straight face, gave some nods to Twilight and Zenny, and started marching towards Neffison.

Zenny quickly started using her magic to try to unfasten the shackles, it was working, one by one, chains started to fall to the ground. While Zenny was doing that, Twilight ran towards the dungeons, and swiftly made it inside. Finding Celestia's and Luna's cell, Twilight immediately uses her magic to break the door down. Having a startled Celestia and Luna look up, to see Twilight at the door, and with her magic, the horn coverings on the princesses' horns were removed. The three ponies then dart for the door.

As Dark Geoffrey came close, Neffison gave the signal, and all of his soldiers with bows drawn, fired arrows into the air, raining down upon Dark Geoffrey, but with his horn glowing, Dark Geoffrey was able to repel the arrows and cause them to head directly towards the army, causing all of them to flee in terror, Neffison noticed this and shouted. "Hey! Come back here! Oh well, if they won't help, I guess I'll stop you myself!" Neffison then started running towards the pony slaves. Blocking all of Dark Geoffrey's magical blasts.

"OH NO!" Some pony slaves notice Neffison charging towards them like a rhino on a rampage. Again, ponies began to panic and scream, their master was headed towards them with his horn glowing, but insteed of reguler magic, black smoke was coming out of his horn, he was wielding dark magic towards the pony slaves, and was getting closer, and closer, and....

Just when Neffison was in firing range, he was blasted by both a yellow and blue magical blast. It knocked him towards some bushes, as he recovered from the sudden magical blasts, he looked to see who fired the blasts, and soon he sees that the sun and moon princesses near his castle, horns glowing. "You!" He screamed.

Celestia and Luna were now so angry at Neffison. "Nopony....ever....hurts.....our subjects!" The princesses were looking at Neffison, who was getting up from the ground, in fury. They knew however that Neffison is a powerful alicorn and would stop at nothing to stay in power.

"But before we begin, I have somepony to deal with right now." Neffison says with his horn beginning to glow, and with a huge grin, started turning towards Dark Geoffrey, who was coming towards Neffison in front of a pole, and who was in Neffison's levitation spell, Neffison used his magic to make Dark Geoffrey at very fast speeds bang his head against the pole. After having Dark Geoffrey's head being banged against the pole for fifteen minutes, Neffison stops the levitation spell and lets the motionless Dark Geoffrey fall to the ground, blood stains were everywhere around the pole, and blood continued to drip from Dark Geoffrey's head. Everypony who watched this had their jaws dropped, and eyes widened, nopony can survive a beating like that, Dark Geoffrey had to be dead.

"Now, princesses, after that being taken care of..." Neffison horn began glowing, and ten knifes were grabbed from Neffison's armor pockets, and he continued his sentence. "...let's begin!" After that, Neffison hurled all ten knifes at the princesses, some of the pony slaves had to dodge the knifes because of the bad accuracy, but Neffison then fired magical blasts, some of the blasts had hit the ground, starting a fire.

Celestia and Luna dodged Neffison's wild projectiles with ease, and fired some of their own, one of them hitting Neffison, throwing him back onto the ground like if he was a tennis ball that hit the grass. Neffison looks up to see the princesses over him, horns glowing, preparing to finish him off. "Well? It's over Neffison, give it up, and let Equestria go!" But Neffison smiled despite the demand, and said.

"I don't think so." While Celestia and Luna prepared to fire a magical blast to finish off Neffison, Neffison fires two blasts into the princesses' faces. Taken aback and falling onto the ground, they see Neffison getting up and fire two more blasts at their heads, barely dodging them, the princesses look up to see Neffison say.

"I don't go down that easy, ha ha! I can't believe you! You were so sure of yourselves! HA HA HA! But now back to our social time, which is more like our battle time! Ha ha ha ha haaaa!" Neffison was standing feet away from the pony slaves, who were having their shackles unfastened by Twilight and Zenny. Celestia and Luna get up from their blasts to the face, only to have more blasts from Neffison shot inches from their legs. Fire continued to burn the grass on the ground. Causing everypony watching the fierce battle to panic. Neffison noticed this and ran towards it until he was inches away from it.

The princesses did not notice the fire however from a spell Neffison casted, and when they charged towards him, Neffison moved out of the way, the princesses couldn't stop in time and fell into the fire. Ponies screamed in terror as Neffison dragged the princesses out of the fire, they were unconscious, and had very bad burn marks on their flesh. Neffison with his magic tossed the princesses aside, and looked at the pony slaves. "It looks like you aren't going anywhere anytime soon, oh well, get back to work!!"

"Not going to happen Neffison!" The emperor turned around to find Celestia and Luna, alive and angry, with their horns glowing.

"What?! But how did you survive?!" Celestia and Luna only smiled at each other, then turned back towards the insane king, and said,

"To tell you the truth, we don't go down that easy ether. We won't give up on our subjects that you took away from us. Not now. Not ever." Neffison only smiled, and said.

"Awwwwww! So sweet! But say your goodbyes! You won't see these ponies again! Ha ha he he! If only Geoffrey was here to help! Too bad for you that I killed him!" But as he was saying this, Dark Geoffrey was beginning to move, he was in fact alive. But he was still having trouble completely waking up. Neffison doesn't notice this and continues with his what he calls taunting.

"Without him, you're utterly easy for me to defeat. Prepare for your destruction!"

"Not if I can help it!" Neffison turns towards the mysterious voice in surprise and anger. Who dared to even speak? Neffison finds not a earth pony, unicorn, or a Pegasus, but the alicorn Dark Geoffrey. Dark Geoffrey's head wound was healing, and he was standing up tall and was readying his horn for any attacks.

"WHAT?! H..how did you sur..survive? You had your head banging against that pole for fi..fif...fifteen minutes!" Neffison's eyes grew wide, and he was beginning to shake nervously, he was frightened.

"Never mind that part Neffison, now let's end our little conflict, shall we?" As Dark Geoffrey inched closer to the terrified alicorn, Neffison began to back away towards the fire which sprouted minutes before.

"Now, wait a minute Geoffrey! We can sort this out! I'll pay for your medical bills! O..or have myself embarrassed, or something!" But Dark Geoffrey drew closer, and Neffison backed away into the fire and across, trying to find a way to escape. But Dark Geoffrey drew closer. Finally, Neffison shouted.

"I'll let Equestria go!! Please don't hurt me!" Dark Geoffrey stopped in his tracks. Was Neffison bribing him? But Neffison desperately pulled out the contract from about two months ago when the war started between him and Equestria, and tore it to pieces.

"You're letting them go? I mean, you know that's an automatic defeat on your name." Dark Geoffrey said to his enemy, who was shacking in fear.

"Yes! I don't want them anymore! Take them and leave!" Neffison yells. Dark Geoffrey just shrugs and turns to leave. But Neffison starts to smile and his horn begins to glow. He then fires a magical blast at Dark Geoffrey's head, striking him successfully. Dark Geoffrey gets up angrily and looks at Neffison who is laughing at the sight of Dark Geoffrey struck down.

"What? Why did you do that?" Neffison only smiled and presented Dark Geoffrey with a sword in his magic, and said.

"Well, let's just say I lied to you and the only way to free the ponies is to defeat me in combat, which you haven't done yet." Dark Geoffrey's mouth fell open. Neffison lied to him! Only one way to settle this.

"YOU WILL LOSE THIS BATTLE!!!! I WILL FREE THE PONIES!!! I WILL MAKE YOU LOSE EQUESTRIA UNDER YOUR INFLUENCE!!!!" But Dark Geoffrey's screaming made Neffison shrug and he said.

"You'll only get yourself killed! I don't care because you are not going to free Equestria!" Dark Geoffrey and Neffison then lung at each other and begin punching each other, shooting magical blasts at each other, and blow after blow was made. Dark Geoffrey was losing the fight when he was hit in the face and he fell to the ground. As Dark Geoffrey looked up, he noticed Neffison lunging towards him, as Neffison landed on top of Dark Geoffrey, Dark Geoffrey used his leg to push Neffison away from his grasp. Neffison expression was with fury, but soon he had flown through the fire surrounding him and Dark Geoffrey and he landed face first into the ground.

"Ponies! Neffison is down! Make a run for it!" Rainbow was screaming, by now all the chains were unfastened from all the ponies, and now Dark Geoffrey was running towards the ponies who were now running towards the border of Equestria. Neffison was getting up by now and saw the ponies running away, he was now starting to yell like crazy.

"YOU GET BACK HERE!!!! AUGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" As he was yelling he got up and was running towards the escaping ponies. Neffison was planning on getting the ponies back and make them work harder than ever before.

"Ponies! He's gaining on us! RUN FASTER!" Rainbow was flying overhead and saw Neffison closing the gap between him and the ponies. Something the ponies didn't like at all. Everypony was running as fast as they could. If Neffison caught them, they would all return to being slaves, but if they crossed the border, Neffison couldn't do anything about it.

The border was in sight now, but Neffison was running like a cheetah, and the gap was smaller and smaller, something that the ponies were terrified on what Neffison would do to them if they failed to make it back to Equestria.

"No!" Neffison was yelling when the ponies began to cross the border.

"NO!" Dark Geoffrey was standing across the border now, horn glowing.

"NO!!" Neffison screamed when the last of the ponies crossed the border.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Neffison planted his hooves as he skidded to a stop. The ponies of Equestria got away. They were now free. Free from him. His anger boiled as he gritted his teeth, then shouted to the ponies.

"ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM WHILE YOU CAN!!! JUST YOU WAIT! YOU'LL KNOW THAT THIS ISN'T OVER!!!! I'LL GET MY REVENGE!! I'LL GET YOU BACK HERE!!! I'LL GET YOU TO BE SLAVES AGAIN!!! I'LL TAKE OVER AGAIN!!! JUST YOU WAIT!!! OH HO HO HO! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Neffison then turned around and ran back to his castle in Salvania. Plotting his next scheme against Equestria.

"I don't think he'll be taking Equestria again anytime soon." Dark Geoffrey says to the princesses. Then, with his horn glowing, transformed back into Geoffrey. The princesses smiled at him.

"Come with us, you'll be greatly rewarded for what you did for Equestria, for our subjects, for me and my sister, and we both understand that Twilight and Zenny helped, but without you, I don't know if Equestria would ever be free again." Celestia then looks at the ponies, with smiles and joyful hearts, Twilight talking to her friends and introduced Zenny to them. The Cutie Mark Crusaders, including Babs Seed, were together. Everypony was happy as they marched back to their homes.