• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 412 Views, 23 Comments

The Battles Of Today, The Wars Of Tomorrow - Fryguy



Equestria goes to war with a kingdom far away with a wicked ruler.

  • ...
4
 23
 412

The First Battle

Celestia and Luna disliked the fact that an alicorn king could just kidnap hundreds of ponies, and make them his slaves, that simple?! But he said he had a even bigger plan, his master plan. This pony had an army of thousands, like if he was the king of armies. But today, the first blow would start a war, the war of slaves. It started from the raids Neffison led, and making the captives slaves, and refusing to let them go. The enemies meet at a valley, the princesses however are surprised that Neffison knew about their march towards his country. Neffison's battle helmet looked a lot like Nightmare Moon's helmet. He wore a chest plate with the markings of his country, and he had iron placed around his hooves, he also carried a sword that could slice anything, even the toughest iron. When the enemies meet, Neffison didn't look like his insane self, he was angry however, he glared at the princesses with his evil, hateful eyes.

"So it has come to this? I thought you would just forget about it and move on, but now you'll make me shed blood from my archers!" With that, his archers had fired many arrows, wounding twenty of Neffison's enemies. His glare moves to the army, and then caught sight of Twilight.

"Well, if it isn't the bearer of the element of magic! What a surprise to see you here without the elements of harmony! Oh right, they are useless against me, for I captured your friends. No matter, just you wait, you'll play a very important role in my master plan!" Neffison then pointed his hoof directly at Twilight, and soon Neffison's army charged after her, but Celestia and Luna jump in, the army following them.

The battle raged on and on, Neffison's army had the Pegasi fire arrows at the ponies below, Celestia and Luna had the unicorns, including Twilight, form an archery line, sort of like them shooting arrows at the same time in a line. The earth ponies on each army had been told to kill with the swords in there grasp, and smite each other down. Twilight's arrows did the most effective damage to the enemy's health, for she struck down now thirty seven of the enemy's soldiers down, dead.

"Nice shooting Twilight! Even though your really a book person, great job!" Twilight looked to see a mare archer next to her, giving a comment about her success with the bow.

"Thanks! You're doing a good job as well!" Twilight replied with a comment to the archer to return some kindness.

"By the way, where did Neffison go?" asked the mare. Twilight was getting another arrow, and with a torch, lit it on fire.

"I don't know, maybe being a coward and hiding at the end of his army? Why should he? He's immortal! This should scare him." Twilight then fired the arrow, and soon the whole army noticed that Neffison had an arrow on fire land next to his hoof, Neffison was then driven to the sky.

"There he is! Maybe because he is in the air, that we can wound him with an armada of arrows." said the archer.

"Way ahead of you!" replied Twilight, already firing three arrows at once, and soon the unicorn archers start shooting at their target, the evil king.

"Oh no!" Neffison then saw three arrows fired directly at him, he was able to dodge them, but three of his pegasi archers were wounded and they fell to the ground, he kept an eye on the unicorn archers, who were aiming at him, would they shoot at him at the same time? Or at different times? His question was soon answered by two arrows, then four, then seven, all at different times, Neffison had just enough time to get out of the way, but the arrows kept coming. For a while he thought this was too easy.

"This is it? I thought things would be more challenging! Those weak unicorns they..." But before he could finish his sentience, Twilight had shot an arrow directly at Neffison's chest, he closed his eyes and fell to the ground, he was not dead, but severely wounded, and he was soon once again awake, and while the remaining bits of his army were carrying him and the other wounded soldiers, he yelled at Celestia and Luna, who had glared at him during his time getting shot.

"This isn't over! You may have won this battle princesses! But I will over time bring Equestria to it's knees!" and with those final words, he and the army returned to their country of Salvania. Twilight's new archer friend was impressed with her shot, and said.

"Wow! Nice shot, straight in the chest! He'll be foolish to come to battle in that injury!" The blue mare was very impressed.

"Thanks, you know, we make a pretty good team, wouldn't you say?" Twilight and the blue mare had each others back during the battle, they kept each other alive in the battle.

"Yeah, we do! Let's stay near each other so we can protect each other." suggested Twilight's new friend.

"Sure! Let's shake on it." Twilight and the other mare then shook hooves, making a deal to have each others back during their upcoming battles.

Neffison however didn't mind about his injury, and gathered his army and marched towards Equestia, even if they lose, Neffison would target the princesses, and with a spear he carried, strike down one of them.

"Soon Equestria will see my might, and glory which I have and will make stronger! Nopony will interfere with my master plan, for it has moved on to it's next phase!!" He smiled an evil smile, he would not let himself down, he will finish his master plan if he could help it, he and his army then marched towards Canterlot.