• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 417 Views, 23 Comments

The Battles Of Today, The Wars Of Tomorrow - Fryguy



Equestria goes to war with a kingdom far away with a wicked ruler.

  • ...
4
 23
 417

Trap-Mania

Twilight ran to the storage tent, out of it she had a rope, net, and a horn covering. The clanging noise of Twilight searching for the items had awoken all of the soldiers, when she ran out with her items, many of the soldiers were confused of what she is planning with the materials.

"Twilight, what are you doing? Are you going to do some sort of show?" Twilight turned around with a very big grin, and replied.

"We're going to make Neffison give back our princesses and the other ponies he calls slaves!" Some guards understood what she was planning right away, but many still had many questions. When Twilight turned away, one soldier spoke out with another question.

"Twilight, does this mean we are going into enemy territory?" Twilight frowned, it was one of the questions with the most obvious answer. When they planned to do something to the enemy, it usually always had to go into enemy territory, mostly.

"Yes, we're going into enemy territory! Is that what you needed to know?" The soldier nodded, and backed away slowly, Twilight and her archer friend, who was still holding the dagger, started to tell their plan to the soldiers, the soldiers started to grin, and chuckle their heads off, but Twilight had to make them quiet.

"Shh! We don't want Neffison to hear us when we are in enemy territory! We must be stealthy!" Twilight was afraid their enemy had sent some spies out to the camp, and she was afraid that one of the spies had heard art of her plan.

"Oh, right!" The soldier replied, Twilight turned away and started walking towards the enemy territory, the soldiers followed, her archer friend stayed at the rear. They marched into the darkness, where Neffison had the princesses and pony slaves.

Neffison looked at his mirror in his bedchambers, it has been over an hour after the sunset, and he couldn't sleep. He was scared of something, something that may try to free the princesses and the pony slaves, and an attempt to kill him, he talked to himself about these questions throughout the night, was it true?

"What could stop a plan to trap me, I have a feeling they'll trap me, then kill me. But what could stop whoever is trying to save the princesses and the slaves?" Then, at the corner of his eye, he spotted a rope sticking out of room, he started to smile, he turned around and in the room was rope, lots and lots of rope, and some horn coverings. He began to chuckle like his crazy self.

A bunch of soldiers ran to his bedchambers, one of them knocked and asked, "Your majesty, why are you up so late, and why are you making so much noise?" The door opened like if a train was coming through, and Neffison was charging down the hallway, with rope, horn coverings, and just his insane self, some of the guards stared blankly down the hall, one asked.

"Why does he do that?" Another guard replied to the question.

"Maybe he just wants to wreck something, after all, he came out of his bedchambers like a wrecking ball." All the guards laughed at this joke, but one stops them and says.

"But we should really figure out what is going on." All the guards nodded, still chuckling at the joke, they ran after the king.

The guards follow Neffison outside, and into the slaves. All of the slaves were taking the new workload really hard, they groaned under their heavy, brutal burdens, and not only sweat dripped down from their bodies, but also blood from their brutal whippings. Some of his guards were also questioning about his decision, was it right, was it wrong?

"Neffison, what are you planning?" One of the guards asked, Neffison turned around with a grin, and replied.

"We're going to capture some ponies, maybe even Twilight Sparkle!" The guard wasn't happy.

"Again?! We did this already what, three times?" But Neffison's response was not what the guard wanted, he had a spear pointed directly to his head, to avoid a spear going through his head, the guard changed his opinion.

"Although now that I think about it, I think that's a great idea!" The guard said quickly and smiled nervously, and Neffison dropped his spear. He turned around again and ran into the night, his soldiers following him.

Twilight arrived at the king's castle, she and the soldiers had to be sneaky, or Neffison might catch them, not knowing that he went to capture them, she and the other soldiers crept to the palace walls, for Twilight to complete her plan, she needed to find a way inside the building.

"How can we get in if we can't get spotted?" Twilight asked. Her archer friend, still having the dagger on her back, grabbed her bow and attached to an arrow, a rope, and shot it onto the roof.

"What are you doing?" Twilight was interested in what her friend was planning. But the mare continued to act out her plan, and started to climb the rope, when she reached the roof, she noticed a hole above a hallway, and she signaled Twilight and the soldiers to come up to the roof with the materials they had.

The soldiers had their materials on their backs as they climbed, Twilight carried her bow and arrows as she climbed, it was a tough challenge, and she had rope burns on her hoofs, but she made it as well as the soldiers without dropping anything. Twilight's friend then grabbed the net that Twilight brought, and with the ropes holding it, had it hover over the hallway.

"Great idea! When Neffison walks down the hallway, we'll have the net fall on top of him!"

Meanwhile, Neffison found the enemy camp, he started to smile, he'll have Twilight in his grasps, then soon, his master plan would be almost complete! But as they walked through the camp, he noticed it was empty, perfect! It made things even easier for him! But one of his soldiers had a question stuck in his mind for hours, he was sweating severely, soon Neffison noticed and fiercely turned around with a spear pointed towards the soldier's head, and a sword aimed for his legs. Neffison asked calmly to his soldier, even though he had weaponry pointed at the stallion.

"Why are you sweating? Are you hiding something from me?" The soldier gulped loudly and smiled nervously back at Neffison, Neffison was not satisfied, he pressed his spear against the soldier's head, drops of blood were starting to drip down the soldier's face. The soldier finally gave it up after that.

"OKAY! OKAY! IS THE WORK LOAD INCREASE FOR THE SLAVES PART OF YOUR MASTER PLAN??!!" The soldier closed his eyes, expecting the worst, but he felt the spear being extracted, he opened his eyes nervously, and saw that Neffison was putting the weapons away, the soldier also saw that Neffison turned towards the soldiers with some gear, and was starting to give instructions to put the gear down. Then he turned back at his soldier, and said with a smile.

"Yes, it is, Twilight could have easily freed them and the princesses at night, so I increased their workload and made them have to finish it so they could work in the night. That way, it would be tougher for Twilight to free them." The soldier nodded, but then asked another question.

"Your majesty, what is exactly your master plan?" Neffison frowned, but he continued to have his soldiers set a trap, then he turned to the soldier, and said.

"You'll figure out shortly my fine fellow, but if you ask again, I'll have your skull as a helmet." The threat immediately silenced the scared soldier. Now Neffison turned back at the soldiers setting up a trap, when Twilight steps on a rope, a net would fall on her, there for capturing her. Neffison could hardly wait.

Twilight and her soldiers waited for hours and hours, soon the sun was coming up.

"Let's just return to the camp before we fall asleep on the roof and somepony notices." Twilight and the soldiers let the net fall, and as it hit the floor, Twilight and her soldiers were already gone.

Neffison noticed in the distance that there was a purple unicorn with the soldiers coming towards the camp, he smiled, Twilight wouldn't even know what hit her! He told his soldiers to hold study until after the trap was deployed.

Twilight noticed a rope on the ground as she and the other soldiers were returning to their camp, but as she stopped to examine it, the other soldiers rammed into her, and Twilight had hit the rope, deploying the trap waiting for her. The net was so big that it captured all of the soldiers, including Twilight, and as the net fell upon her and her soldiers, Neffison and his soldiers rush in, all the unicorn soldiers that were captured, including Twilight, had coverings put upon their horns, and the pegasi had chains around their wings.

As the net was removed, Neffison came to now a trapped Twilight, who looked at him with angry eyes.

"Oh hello there, I was wondering when we'll meet again, when we get back to the castle, I'll be glad to have a meting with you! But now, just enjoy some rest." Neffison started to laugh again as he knocked Twilight out, and his soldiers carried Twilight and her soldiers back to Salvania.