• Published 25th May 2014
  • 551 Views, 21 Comments

Adventures in Equestria - finalforce12



Two best friends travel through dimentions, while realizing their friendship was destined for greatness.

  • ...
19
 21
 551

Getting The Hang Of Things

Opening my eyes was the greatest ideas I could think of.

"Emma? The sky is blue, nice houses and...."

That's when I shut my mouth. There were ponies everywhere! Fillies, colts, stallions, mares, pegasi, unicorns, earth ponies! I stood up on all 4's, with a cute periwinkle mane/tail, lilac fur, and nice wings!

I stared at my cutie mark: a paintbrush with neon green paint and a crescent moon. I instantly started flying, and then Emma woke up. She was a unicorn, her fur color; Light yellow. Mane color; Orange. And cutie mark? A flower with 7 petals in these colors: red, orange, green, blue, purple and pink, the middle yellow.

I was amazed on how fast I was flying. How fast? Like Mach 10, at least. Then, I saw a rainbow coming straight at me. I didn't know what else to do, so I braced myself.

I woke up on the ground, and Emma looked super upset.

"Are you ok? You just got hit, and then you fell straight down!"

"I'm fine, that didn't exactly hurt."

Emma gave me a huge look of nothing but concern.

"Let's see and find our way around!"

"But where are we? What is this place?"

Emma asked, looking scared. I said dramatically :

"Ponyville, Equestria."

That's when Emma started her freak-out session.

"Wait, WHAT?! EQUESTRIA?! WHY HERE, WHY NOW?!"

Emma groaned, trying to stay sane, but this is one of those times where she overreacts or acts totally ridiculous.

"Hey, are you hungry?"

I asked, trying not to wipe Emma's head far as it is already.

".......? Oh, um... Yeah. Yeah, I guess I am."

I saw an apple stand not too far from here, and since I was SOOOOO hungry, I tried to walk like a normal pony to the stand.

"Um... Excuse me? I would like 2 apples please."

I asked, but there was one big problem.

"That'll be 2 bits please."

That was it, I had no bits, but then a teal pegasus walks up and simply says

"It was for me."

The clerk nodded while getting the apples out. The teal pegasus handed me the apples and grinned.

"Haven't seen you around town. You new here?"

I nodded while taking a bite from my apple. It tasted amazing, better than Washington's apples.

"Cool, name's Lightning Dust, what's yours?"

I took a huge gulp and simply said

"Painted Melody."

"So, Painted. You wanna race later? You look like you got the time and the speed, unless you're chicken."

Lightning taunted me. I gave a huge look and said

"You're on!"

Lightning looked happy.

"Great! Race's today at 5pm. And one last thing, no practices."