• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 2,382 Views, 19 Comments

Altered Reality - Autobot Lancewing



"Everything that she knew about herself was about to be shattered. With no known cure, Celestia is forced to accept her fate as a changeling."

  • ...
14
 19
 2,382

Twilight's Mission

Twilight’s Mission

Twilight Sparkle was sleeping blissfully in her bed, just like pretty much everyone else in Ponyville. But she was about to trying to be awoken by her young dragon assistant, Spike. "C'mon, Twi," Spike gently shook Twilight, "Wake up already."

Finally, after a few good pokes, Twilight stirred, "Spike? What time is it?" Twilight asked, groggily.

"About 1:15, but that's not important," Spike quickly shoved a piece of paper in Twilight's face.

Twilight used her magic to try and hold the letter at a more comfortable distance.

Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Your presence is requested at the castle immediately.

-Princess Luna

"That's strange..." Twilight noted, "But if I'm needed at the castle, then I guess I'll have to go."

"Do I have to go?" Spike asked.

"Not if you don't want to."

"Good." Spike walked back to his small bed and instantly fell back to sleep.

*****
Twilight was making her way through the Canterlot castle, trying to find Princess Luna...mostly due to the fact that Luna hadn't set a place to meet. She had tried the her room, the recreation room, and even the swimming pool. Now she was on her way to the library.

It was probably the most logical choice after Luna's room...but...to be honest, she still wasn't completely awake. She just hoped this really was important. But, it was Luna, and if she said it was bad, it must've been.

Twilight entered the library and, sure enough, Luna was laying on the floor, looking through a book. She lacked any of the formal ornaments or her crow. Luna glanced up from her book to see Twilight. She stood up and greeted, “Good evening, Twilight Sparkle. Thank you for coming.”

“You’re welcome, Princess Luna. But may I ask why you requested me?”

Luna sighed, “I am afraid there could be something wrong with my dear sister.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, “Something’s wrong with Princess Celestia?”

“Yes… She’s kept herself locked up for most of the time, except for raising the sun and… Well...you see...apparently she has been courting many of the guards.”

“Like...dating?!”

“I believe that is the term these days.”

“But why…” Twilight thought for a few moments, then, “She isn’t...in heat is she?”

“No. It hasn’t gone beyond courting, there have been no sexual encounters…” Luna swallowed, “At least, I don’t think so.”

“How did you learn about this?”

“A married guard told me that my sister had been flirting with him and other guards. But when I asked the other guards, they said nothing. I can only speculate my sister told them not to tell anypony.”

“It’s...possible, but if she isn’t in heat, is she under a spell?”

“A spell that makes ponies...flirty?”

“I have seen stranger.”

“But this is just...odd. I’ve never read anything about spells like that.”

“Neither have I, not even in this book.” Luna levitated the book in front of Twilight.

Twilight read the cover. “Illegal Spells and Potions… I’ve never heard of this, before.”

“You shouldn’t have. Only the Princesses are to of know its existence. And since you are one-” She placed the book at Twilight’s hooves. “I will allow you to read it.”

“O-okay…” Twilight tucked the book beneath her wing. “I’ll make sure to read it in secret, as well as do my own research.”

“Very well. I eagerly await your findings.”

“And will you tell me if anything else odd happens?”

“I will. But perhaps you should talk with the guard who refused Celestia’s...offer.”

“I doubt Celestia would approach him...but I think I know somepony who can act as my spy, if you will.”

“And who would that be?”

*****

Twilight placed a piece of paper on the desk and took a quill and ink. She dipped the quill in the ink and started writing.

Lieutenant Flash Sentry,

I require your assistance as soon as possible at my residence in Ponyville. I cannot share the full details of your mission, but it could be dangerous.

Sincerely, Princess Twilight Sparkle

Twilight decided it would be best to wait till morning to send him the message, she didn’t want to wake Spike or Flash to send the letter.

Flash Sentry was the only pony in the guard, besides Shining Armor, that she could trust. He had proven his worth to both Cadence, Shining, and Twilight herself. But unbeknownst to the public or even her closest friends; Twilight and Flash Sentry had been in a relationship for two months, and most of their meetings had to be in secret. In fact, Twilight had pondered the notion of breaking up with Flash, and just remain as friends, but another part of her enjoyed his company, particularly in the moments when they weren’t “guard and princess”, she even wondered…

Twilight yawned, this was something to ponder after a night of sleep, and if Celestia was possibly under a spell, then her relationship with Flash would have to remain professional.

Finally, Twilight got into bed and tried to get to sleep, she had a long day ahead of her.