• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 17,322 Views, 148 Comments

Spike's Suicide - Dashie Bro



How much disrespect, neglect and guilt can a baby dragon handle? Not much. How well can he handle it? Not very well if ending his own life is an option. Spike can't handle all the negative energy heaped on him this far. Will he end it all?

  • ...
40
 148
 17,322

Why Did You Do It?!

After Spike had awoken, the room changed from a mode of sadness and despair to joy and relief. Twilight pushed Rainbow Dash and Applejack aside and hugged Spike.

"Oh Spike! Thank Celestia you're okay!" Twilight cried. Her eyes were filled with tears. Spike's vision was blurring, he couldn't tell if they were real or fake tears.

"Twilight? Rarity? Applejack? Pinkie Pie? Rainbow Dash? Fluttershy? What's going on? Where am I?" Spike asked. Everypony looked at their dragon friend and lightly smiled. Twilight returned to her hugging position, prodding Spike to hug back.

"You're in the hospital champ. You were out cold and we brought you here to keep you alive." Rainbow Dash said. Spike looked at the blood transfusion hooked to his wrist. He didn't know who gave him the blood and he didn't care to learn. He only wanted to know one thing.

"Why did everypony bring me here?" Spike asked.

"Because we care about ya' lil' buddy." Applejack replied. Spike was too weak from just waking up to make an "Are you serious" face. He just shook his head in disbelief. The experience he endured over the past few weeks has proven to him that he was no longer cared for.

"Oh you really care about me? Then why am I forgotten so much?!" Spike stated. "Everytime you guys went somewhere, you either forgot to take me with you or took me then completely forgot about me! It's so not fair. It's like you don't care about me at all!" His words pierced the air like a lance through a soldiers body. The soldiers blood spraying everywhere, just as the effect of Spike's words. Thick layers of remembrance towards forgetting Spike began to surface. Everypony looked at each other with faces expressing guilt and regret.

"Spike, darling. Of course care about you. We never meant to hurt you. We've just been ever so busy lately. I do hope you can forgive us." Rarity said. She placed a hoof on Spike's cheek. Spike smacked her hoof away in disgust. He didn't want any pity. He wanted the truth! Rarity was taken aback by Spike's actions. With how willing he was to always help her, she never expected him to ever smack her away.

"Tell me the truth! Was it all just you being busy? Or do you all not want me anymore?!" Spike exclaimed. Spike's words created the biggest feeling of shock and disbelief in existence. The tension in the air was almost as if every atom in the room was secreting negative emotion. Twilight stood up from her hugging position.

"Spike. Of course we care about you. We just need more time to ourselves now. We never mean to forget you, it just happens. Nopony wants to be without you, especially not me." Twilight spoke. Spike still didn't believe her. His sadness from before turned to rage against them all.

"Likely story! I know how you all really feel! You all want nothing to do with me. You regret even knowing I'm your friend. I've seen it before!" Spike yelled. His words rose questions from everypony.

"What do you mean 'seen it before?'" Pinkie Pie asked. Spike looked around at all of them, took a deep breath and confessed.

"I had a dream. Everyone of you told me to leave. Everyone of you! Rarity told me she didn't have time and told me to leave Carousel Boutique! Applejack didn't want any of my help with the Apple orchard, even though that orchard is enormous! Rainbow Dash didn't even look at me! Pinkie Pie was gentle, but it still hurt. Fluttershy was too blunt. Twilight....you were the worst of them all. You told me to leave and not come back ever. It was terrible. I know it was only a dream, but it felt so real."

Everypony looked in shock at the baby dragon. Spike's words left a feeling of confusion and guilt in the pit of everypony's stomach. Spike's words carried an unsure feeling with them. Twilight put a hoof to Spike's chin.

"Spike, it was only a dream. You should know that we would never say any of those words to you. You are my number one assistant, and I not only that your kind of like my baby brother." Twilight said. Her voice chimed in a calming manner. Spike looked up with what little hope he had left.

"R-really? I'm like your brother?" He asked. Twilight nodded. Applejack stepped up.

"Your like mine too, lil buddy. I'd take your help anytime." She said.

"Me too! You may not be able to fly but you can still help me with so much!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"Parties aren't the same without friends. If I lose a friend, I don't think my parties wouldn't be the same." Pinkie Pie said.

"Oh yes, we all need you Spike! You're so good with animals. We need go good friend like you." Fluttershy chimed.

"And of course I need my little Spikey-Wikey around to help. You're a very special friend to me. Maybe even a little more." Rarity said. She rubbed her hooves against Spike's head and chin.

Spike's heart skipped a beat after Rarity's words hit his ears. The heart monitor increased in beeps and read a higher heart rate. Everypony had a happy laugh at the sign of Spike's crush. Spike's mood was slowly lifting. He still had the thoughts of killing himself, but they were under thin wraps of kindness that his friends have given him.

Doctor Heart walked in with a clipboard in his hooves and a serious look on his face. When everypony saw how serious the doctor looked, the mood sank to uneasy fear.

"So, how am I doctor?" Spike asked. Doctor Heart looked up and took his glasses off, a sign that something was wrong.

"Well young Spike, we have a bit of good and bad news," Chills ran down Spike's spine. "You will make a full recovery, but you will have to take two of these pills a day. The pony blood that was donated to you will keep you stable, but it will not be as effective for you as reptilian blood. Two of these pills a day will morph the blood in your body into reptilian blood." Doctor Heart said. He reached inside his pocket and pulled out a bottle of pills. He gave the bottle to Twilight.

"What's the bad news?" Rarity asked.

"One of the side effects of the pills is thought or actions of suicide. And seeing that is why he is in here, the pill will only further unstable his mental state." The Doctor stated. Spike sat up on the hospital bed.

"I'll take them. It's okay if suicide is a side effect. I have six friends that will watch and protect me." He said with pride. The six mares all looked at each other and nodded. Twilight kept the pills and followed the doctor to the front desk.

After checking Spike out, everypony returned home. Spike, riding on Twilight's back, kept a light smile on his face. Hiding away how he truly felt. As Spike and Twi returned to the library, Spike dropped down from his pony ride and gave his big sisterly figure a hug before going off to do his chores. Twilight smiled and trotted over to finish organizing the library shelves. She placed the bottle of pills down on the table next to the closest shelf.