• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 1,804 Views, 66 Comments

Without Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Princess Twilight Sparkle has been mysteriously transported to an alternate universe with no memory of events about who she is. Rainbow Dash of that universe wants to help, but how can she? She doesn't know who she is herself.

  • ...
13
 66
 1,804

Chapter 2 - A New Home

Chapter 2 - A New Home

Interrogation Room September 12th 1002

Twilight's ears perked up when she heard the cyan pegasus say that. My new home! she thought. Yes I finally get to go home!

Wait. She said NEW home. What happened to my old home?

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking," she began, "what happened to my old home?"

What bothered her the most at this point wasn't the fact that she would go home, or even the fact that she didn't know where her home was. The fact that bothered her, was that her mouth was still dry from not having any water.

Rainbow looked back at her and said: "I'm sorry, but we don't know where you lived. The only thing we can do, is give you an entirely new home."

"Oh, okay," she replied. "So where is my new home?"

"You'll be staying with me in Ponyville. My mentor and I wish to keep you under close surveillance in case something happens."

"What could happen?"

"I don't know," Rainbow confessed. "Come on. We'll catch the next train to Ponyville."

Rainbow held the door open, allowing Twilight to come through and visit a new room. It wasn't that much different from hate other room, but it seemed to have another set of doors that led elsewhere. Rainbow led the way through the facility. They went up a couple flights of stairs and afterwards, turning corner after corner after corner.

Eventually, they came to the front of the castle. The view was magnificent to Twilight. She had never seen such a view!

Or maybe she had...

Rainbow, who had ignored the scenery, called to Twilight for her to follow. Snapping back to her senses, she obliged and followed her through the streets of Canterlot.

Train Bound for Ponyville You Already Know the Date

Canterlot had been such a marvelous place to Twilight. It had a huge variety of stores and a whole lot of other ponies she had never met before. One distinct characteristic about all of them, was that almost everypony on Canterlot was a unicorn. The only exception was Rainbow, who claimed that she didn't live in Canterlot, nor had she ever considered living there.

Rainbow told Twilight that she grew up in a place called Cloudsdale, a giant floating cloud city. She lived there until her mentor wanted her to become her student. She couldn't refuse such an offer. Every day, she flew to Canterlot for her lessons, and flew back to Cloudsdale at the end of each day.

After the two of them had finally gotten through the crowded streets of Canterlot, Rainbow purchased two train tickets to Ponyville. They were currently on the train, waiting for the moment they arrived in Ponyville.

"So..." Rainbow suddenly spoke. "What do you think about Equestria so far?"

"Its amazing!" she said. "I've never seen a place quite like this! Well, actually, I might have, but I can't remember."

"Don't worry about it, Twi. You don't mind if I call you Twi, do you?" Twilight shook her head. "Good. Saying Twilight over and over again is a mouthful. I'm certain your memories will come back to you in time."

"Yeah," she replied. "I can't wait until that happens."

For the rest of the ride, Rainbow talked about what life was like in Ponyville. She told her about jowl she came to live in Ponyville instead of Cloudsdale. That was the story about Nightmare Moon, and how Rainbow and her four friends restored her to normal using the five Elements of Harmony.

"That's not right," Twilight said when Rainbow told her about the 5 elements.

"Huh?" she asked.

"That's not right. There is something your not telling me."

"Twi, I'm certain that I have told you everything. Why were you saying that it wasn't right?"

Twilight thought for a moment before replying. "I- I don't know where that came from."

The train skidded to a halt. "Well," Rainbow said. "Welcome to Ponyville."

Ponyville And Still The Same Date

Twilight looked at the rural town of Ponyville. It was everything that Rainbow had said it was like. "This place is amazing!" she exclaimed. "Where do you live?"

"I live in the Golden Oaks Library down thataways," she said as she pointed a hoof in a single direction.

"Are we headed there now?"

"Sure. Come on. I'll introduce you to Spike."

Ponyville Library And I Don't See Why I'm Still Making These Long For No Reason Except to Get It In Your Heads That It Is Still The Same Time As Earlier

The library was filled with books. That was the first thing that Twilight seemed to like about this library. She immediately took off toward a bookshelf to see what books were on it. She ignored the fact that this place seemed vaguely familiar.

"What are there?" Twilight anxiously asked when she pointed a hoof at the books.

"Really? You don't know what a book is?" Rainbow asked. She got a slightly stern face from Twilight. "Sorry, but I thought everypony knew what books were. They are a collection of words that are put together in such a way, that they tell a story. Not all books have to tell stories, but that is basically what books are."

"Fascinating!" Twilight exclaimed.

A new voice made Twilight jump. "Rainbow? Are you home?"

The two mares looked in the direction of the voice. At the top of the stairs was a baby dragon. "Who's this?" he asked, pointing a claw at Twilight.

"Spike, this is Twilight," Rainbow told him. "Twi, this is Spike, my assistant."

"You never said your assistant was a lizard!"

"That's hurtful, Twilight," Spike stated. "I'm a dragon, not a lizard."

"Knock it off, you two. Now, if I know her, then she should be here right about now."

"Who?" Twilight asked.

"Pinkie Pie."

As if on que, the door of the library was knocked upon. Rainbow went over and opened the door to reveal a pink pony bouncing up and down on the ground outside.

"Hey, Rainbow!" she said. "Where did you go? Are you surprised to see me? Should I throw you a Welcome-Back-to-Ponyville-Party? Who's you friend? Is she knew? I need to throw her a Welcome-to-Ponyville-party! Where are they from? Do they like parties? What's her special talent? Can I come in?"

Twilight couldn't understand a single word of what she said after: 'Hey, Rainbow.' All of it seemed like a huge mess of words put together in a soup bowl.

Rainbow, however, listened to every word and replied in this order: "Hi, Pinkie. I went to Canterlot. Not really. No, Pinkie, you shouldn't. She's Twilight. Yes she is new. Don't throw it here. I don't know where she is from. I don't know much about her. I don't know what her special talent is. Yes Pinkie, you can come in."

Twilight watched in awe at what Rainbow had done. She completely understood what that pink mare had said, AND gave quick replies to all of her questions. She would have to ask about that later. She was so lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice Pinkie waving a hoof in her face.

"Yoo-Hoo, Twilight!" she called. "Do you like parties?"

Twilight came back to reality and replied: "Umm, I don't know wh-"

A cyan hoof had flown across her mouth. "I'm sure she'll love the party you have planed for her Pinkie. If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?"

"My Pinkie sense told me there was a new pony in Ponyville!" she explained.

Twilight removed the hoof from her mouth. "What's a Pinkie sense?" she asked.

"Its when I get some sort of feeling and it tells me something about a vague and immediate event that happens soon!" the pink mare told her.

"Right," Twilight replied. "Care to help me out here Rainbow?"

"We try not to think about it," she said. "None of it makes any sense to us either. Anyway, Twilight, this is Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie, meet Twilight Sparkle."

"Nice to meet you too, Twilight! Where do you want your party to be held?"

"What?"

"Where do you want to hold your Welcome-to-Ponyville-party?"

"Why would I need a party?"

"Well you are new to town, which means that you don't know anypony here. And if you don't know anypony here, then you can't be friends with them. And if you can't be friends with them, you won't have any friends. That's pretty obvious."

Twilight blinked. "Translation?" she asked the pegasus.

She does it to every new pony in Ponyville. Its a way of saying: Welcome to Ponyville!"

"Okay, so what places can we have it?"

"Town hall, Hay and Stay hotel, Sugarcube Corner. Basically anyplace in Ponyville except here. Dashie already doesn't want me throwing it here."

Twilight turned to Rainbow. "Just say: At Sugarcube Corner."

"Umm, I would like to have it at-"

"Great! Town Hall it is then."

"What?"

"Just roll with it."

"Silly Dashie. She is supposed t go along with it. Not roll with it."

"Don't you have a party to plan Pinkie?"

*Gasp* "Your right! I almost forgot! Blue is coming to town today!"

"Wait, who?"

"Not who, silly. I said Blue."

"Who's Blue?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know," Pinkie confessed. "I've never met him before."

"Then how do you know he's coming to town?"

"My Pinkie sense, silly."

"Right."

"See you later Dashie. See you tomorrow for your party, Twilight!"

"Tomorrow? But-"

The cyan hoof was in her mouth again. "We'll do, Pinkie. See you tomorrow!"

After she left, Rainbow removed her hoof from Twilight's mouth. "What just happened?" she asked.

"Basically," Rainbow started, "you met Pinkie and she is going to throw you a party tomorrow."

"Okay. Its nice to have somepony you can talk to without misinterpreting what they say."

"You'll get used to it. In the meantime, you can check out your room. Its through that door right there."

She pointed Twilight in the direction of the door. Twilight went over to the door, opened it, and found a bed, a couple empty bookshelves, and a few books lying on the floor. "Its not much," Rainbow said. "But with a little elbow grease, it could be as good as new."

"I like it," Twilight told her. Yawning, she said: "I think I'm going to go to sleep now. Feel free to wake me up in the morning."

"No problem," Rainbow said. "G'night Twi."

"Goodnight Rainbow."

Rainbow quietly closed the door, and let Twilight lay down in the bed. When she did, she noticed something was on her back. She got up to see what it was, but saw nothing except two purple wings by her side.

Author's Note:

I took a look at the upvotes vs the downvotes for this chapter. I have to say that I am impressed by what I see. All people who read this story like it.

I wish to thank you all for giving your support to this story. Stay tuned for future chapters!

Ephraim Blue