• Published 25th Mar 2014
  • 1,803 Views, 66 Comments

Without Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Princess Twilight Sparkle has been mysteriously transported to an alternate universe with no memory of events about who she is. Rainbow Dash of that universe wants to help, but how can she? She doesn't know who she is herself.

  • ...
13
 66
 1,803

Chapter 5 - The Interdimensional Watch

Chapter 5 - The Interdimensional Watch

Ponyville Library September 13th 1002

Blue did nothing but stare at the cyan pegasus. "What?" he asked.

"You heard me," Rainbow replied. "Take me to see another reality."

"I'm not sure I should take you."

"Just why not?"

"Because a friend of mine found dangers in taking others from one dimension to another."

"Then why do you travel between dimensions?"

"Because I-" he said before he cut himself off. "I shouldn't say. Either way, its extremely dangerous to find another version of yourself. It could cause a danger to the entire universe."

"That brings up the same question I just asked," Rainbow said. "Why do you travel between dimensions?"

"I shouldn't answer."

"Why?"

"I can't answer."

"Why?"

"Because you wouldn't believe me."

Rainbow stared at him for a minute. "All right," she said. "But still. Take me to another reality."

"Why do you wish to see another reality?" Blue asked.

"What kind of question is that? You say your from another reality, but I don't believe you. If you take me to one, I'll believe you."

Blue sat for a minute in thought. "All right," he said. "Are you sure you are ready for what you might see?"

"Definitely," Rainbow said.

"Then put your hoof on my watch."

Rainbow obliged and put her front right hoof on the blue watch. Blue adjusted the wind-up watch, making a series of lights flash. Rainbow didn't understand a single thing that happened, but Blue continued to adjust the watch by twisting the little knob. After about 30 seconds, he stopped adjusting and asked: "You ready?"

"Yes," came the reply.

Rainbow decided to look at the clock behind them right before they left. It ticked. Then toked. Then ticked again. It read 12:30 PM.

With that, he pushed the button into the watch. The world seemed to dissolve around the two of them as they jumped between realities.

Alternate Reality Unknown Date

The two ponies fell onto the floor as they came into focus with the new reality. Rainbow looked around, obviously seeing Canterlot around them.

"Whoa!" Rainbow exclaimed. "What just happened?"

"That," Blue started, "was a dimensional jump. Very tricky to do. Especially if you bring a passenger."

"Then how did you manage it?"

"I gave extra power to the watch with my magic. With what I used, I will only be able to do it once more today."

"Why's that?"

"Because the watch can only do what it did once a month. When I powered it with my magic, I gave it enough power to do it once more. After that, I can't do another dimensional jump for an entire month."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Cool!"

They probably would have continued rambling, but a two alicorns came into the room.

"Are you sure Luna?" the tall, white one asked.

"I'm certain, sister," the shorter blue one replied.

They might have continued talking, but Rainbow came up and said: "Teacher! I'm glad I found you! I just met this amazing pony who can travel between dimensions!"

The two alicorns turned toward the sound of the voice, only to find Rainbow Dash standing not to far from them.

"Rainbow Dash?" the white one asked. "Where are the other Elements of Harmony?"

"Umm, what are you talking about Princess?"

"I called you all here, so where are they?"

The big doors on the other side of the room opened suddenly. "Princess! We came as soon as we heard!" a familiar voice called. Five ponies came through. Rainbow recognized them all immediately. Four of them were her friends, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. The fifth was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane.

"What's going on?" both of the cyan pegasi asked at the same time.

"This is one of the reasons I didn't want to bring you here, Rainbow," Blue told the pegasus closest to the princesses.

"You never said anything about meeting myself!" Rainbow argued.

"Blue?" the other Rainbow asked. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Rainbow," he replied. "It's me."

"You two know each other?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes, they know me Rainbow."

"Blue, did you bring her here?" the other Rainbow asked.

"Yes I did."

"Enough!" the white alicorn yelled. "Blue, tell us what is going on right now."

"All right, Princess Celestia," he said. He then told her the story of why he and Rainbow Dash was here.

"Well," Celestia said. "That is certainly an interesting story."

"I'll say," the other Rainbow said.

"Okay, before this gets confusing, lets call the Rainbow from this dimension 'Dash' and the one from the dimension I came from 'Rainbow,'" Blue said.

"I can cope with that," Dash said.

"So can I," Rainbow agreed.

"Now on to more pressing matters," Luna began. "Twilight Sparkle has gone missing."

All the ponies in the room stared at her in shock.

"What!" Dash exclaimed.

"Its true Dash," Celestia told her. "She disappeared just yesterday right in front of us."

"We need to find her!" Dash quickly said. "Without her, anything could attack Equestria and we wouldn't be able to fight against it at all!"

"Umm, pardon for interrupting," Rainbow began, "but couldn't you guys just use the Elements of Harmony on the threat?"

"No," Dash replied.

"Why not?"

"Because without Twilight, the elements have no power and cannot be used?"

"But aren't there only five elements?"

"Here, Rainbow, there are six."

"Really?" she asked. "What's the sixth?"

"Rainbow, I told you not 20 minutes ago that it was called the Element of Magic," Blue said."

"Oh," Rainbow chuckled. "Slipped my mind."

"Blue, your timing is impeccable," Dash said. "We need your help to find our missing friend!"

"Way ahead of you, Dash."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I've already found her."

"What!" she exclaimed. "Where is she?"

"In Rainbow's reality," he said. "However, she has lost her memories, and I won't be able to bring her back for an entire month."

"Why's that?"

"Because bringing another pony to an alternate dimension takes a lot out of this watch," he said. "It will take an entire month to recharge all of the energy needed to travel."

"Are you sure you can't adjust it like you did before?" Dash asked.

"That's what I did to make sure I could bring Rainbow here to and from this reality. If it was just me, than I could travel between these dimensions about once a week."

"Well then," Celestia said. "You should probably get back right away, Blue."

"Right you are, Princess! Are you ready to go Rainbow?"

"Yeah," she replied. "Lets go back home."

"Home," Blue said. "Funny you should say that."

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Just put you hoof on the watch.

She obliged, placing her hoof on the watch once again. Blue fiddled with the watch a little before pushing the button into the watch once again.

The world dissolved once again, taking the two ponies right where they came from.

Ponyville Library September Whatchyamacallit Day and Year

The two travelers once again found themselves on the floor of the Ponyville library. Everything seemed just like it had been right before they left.

Rainbow frantically searched the room for a clock. She found one on the wall behind them. It ticked. Then toked. Then ticked again. The time on the clock had only change an entire minute, making the clock read: 12:31.

"How did you do that?" Rainbow asked.

"Do what?" Blue asked back.

"We were clearly gone for nearly half an hour, but only one minuet has passed here. How did you do that?"

"Oh, that's simple," she said. "This watch also allows me to trav-"

"Hello!"

The two ponies turned to see another pony in the room next to them. What shocked them both was that this pony was exactly like Blue!

"What is going on?" Rainbow asked frantically.

"As I was saying," the Blue closest to Rainbow began.

"This watch allows me to travel through time," the Blue that appeared said.

"This is going to be confusing," Rainbow mumbled.

"No it isn't," the other Blue said.

"I'll prove it to you," the closer one said before he adjusted his watch and vanished.

"Where did he go?"

"He went about a minute into the past," the Blue that was left replied. "I appeared in front of you two and said hi. Afterwards, he went into the past and is living it once again."

"That's... kinda cool," Rainbow confessed. "Is there anything else it can do?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure that if you set it to 250 degrees, you can cook an egg on it."

"Very funny."

Back in the Other Dimension

Celestia watched Blue and the other Rainbow Dash disappear before her eyes. It wasn't anything new to her. She had seen Blue vanish in front of her eyes many times before.

She was just glad that he had found Twilight so quickly.

"Princess?" this dimension's Rainbow Dash asked. "What should we do?"

"For now, my subject. Nothing," she told her. "There is nothing we can do. There are only two ponies I know that can help return Twilight to us. Blue was one of them."

"Is the other one who I think it is?"

"Yes. The Doctor is the only other one who could help us. However, I'm afraid that we haven't heard from him since Twilight became a princess."

"Where do you think he could be?"

"Honestly Rainbow, I don't know. He could be traveling millions of years into the future, or studying ancient history of Equestria before it was founded."

"So we just sit and wait for Blue to come back in a month?"

"Yes, Rainbow. If that is what we must do, than that is what we shall do."

Original Dimension's Town Hall About 30 Minutes After Rainbow Left With Blue

The Party continued to be awesome to Twilight. It didn't matter to her that she couldn't remember anything about her past, but what she did care about was that she was having one of the best times she would remember for the rest of her life.

Rainbow had wanted to talk to Blue about 30 minutes ago. If that stallion had any clues about who she was, she would be glad to hear what he has to offer.

The two of them came back not too much later. Immediately, Twilight ran for the two ponies that had just walked in.

"So," she began, "how much does this stallion know about me?" she asked Rainbow.

"A- Actually, Twi," she stuttered. "Blue only knew what your name was. Calling you a princess was something he usually does when he sees an alicorn."

"Oh," Twilight said.

"Don't fell bad, Twilight," Blue told her. "I'm sure that you'll regain your memories in no time. In fact, if you want me to, I'll help you regain your lost memories."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thanks. Both of you, you are willing to help a complete stranger regain their lost memories. I don't know how I should repay you..."

"You don't need to thank us," Rainbow said. "We would do anything to help somepony like you."

After their conversation was over, the Twilight and Rainbow returned to the party. Blue, however, stayed behind. He knew who Twilight was. It was only a matter of time before the pony who sent her here would find her. He was just glad that he found her first. All that was left, was to keep her safe.