• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 2,618 Views, 73 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Equestria's forgotten hero. - BAR0SS



Orion, a saian who wind up in Equestria get put through a hard time as the ponies try and change him for what they believe is the better.

  • ...
10
 73
 2,618

Prologue

Prologue.

'Come on! Where is he!?!' I shouted in my head as I flew around the planet.

About an hour ago, I had beaten Omega Shenron and collected the 7th Dragon Ball from him. Omega had used the Dragon Ball's once before to wish for chaos to rain upon the Earth, he was about to try and take the six that I had collected from me and who knows what he would have wished for if he had succeeded. Fortunately, for both the Earth and myself, I had regained the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan again, but this time a lot more powerful, and used this new power to beat Omega for good.

As Omega was dying, he told me that it was too late to save the Earth, but I will. I have to.

I retrieved the 7th Dragon Ball from him and summoned the Ultimate Shenron, but to my confusion, all that happened was the sky turned black and the weather started to become erratic, the dragon was nowhere to be found. I knew that the Ultimate Shenron had arisen, because the sky and the weather were a sign.

I continued to fly around, quickening my speed as I did. I spotted Kami's lookout in the distance, but something was different about it. The surface was destroyed, and there was some strange sound coming from there.

"There!" I shouted out loud. The Ultimate Shenron was suspended above the lookout, doing nothing but float there. I flew over to the lookout and landed, relaxing my Ki as I did.

"The the Ultimate Shenron. I've finally found him" I said as I looked up to the awe inspiring being that was before me. "Uh... hi there..." I spoke, my nervousness showing as I did.

"Ultimate Shenron! Hear my wish!" I called out as I did a fist pump. I could not believe that everything was about to finally go back to normal.

"Grrr." Shenron growled dangerously, causing me to be confused.

"Something isn't right. What is this evil power I'm sensing?" I said as I felt the large power level rise from somewhere.

"Unngh. Rooooooooooooooooh!" Shenron threw its head back and roared thunderously, which caused me to realize the evil energy was actually being emitted from the dragon itself. I prepared myself for the oncoming battle that I knew was about to ensue.

Shenron lifted his head up high before bringing it down at blinding speeds in an attempt to grab me with its mouth. Seeing this easily, I flipped backwards and Shenron's mouth collided with the surface of the lookout with a bang.

Seeing an opportunity, I charged forwards and began to punch Shenron's mouth repeatedly while it was still there, but to my dismay, I did not seem to be doing that much damage to him.

He pulled his head back and just looked at me with a neutral expression. He stared at me for a second before pulling his head back, opening his mouth and quickly firing an energy beam at me, but I managed to leap to the side and begin to rapidly fire Ki blasts at him until he had discharged the energy of his attack. But my attack once again seemed ineffective to the dragon.

I quickly Charged up some energy and fired off a single larger Ki blast, making contact with Shenron's lower jaw as he tried to pull his head back. This time, Shenron's head recoiled back from the attack.

I lifted off the ground and hovered a few metres in the air, so I was at eye Level with Shenron.

"Waaugh!" it roared loudly, which caused me to instinctively block and move back, but no attack came.

I dropped my guard. "Stop it! STOP IT!" I shouted out, trying to reason with the dragon, but it wasn't listening. "Darn, It's no good."

The dragon blinked before quickly firing another energy beam at me. I Powered up further and flew out of the way as quick as I could.

The beam shot past me at blinding speeds and made contact with the building that was still situated upon the lookout, but causing it to explode.

"He's being controlled by Omega Shenron's negative Energy." I said to myself as I watched the explosion before turning back to the Shenron at hand.

The dragon growled dangerously at me again before trying to fire a third energy beam at me, but this time I was prepared for it.

I charged at the beam as fast as I could and just before I collided with the beam, I rolled to the side and avoided it before flying underneath the beam and charging straight into Shenron's bottom jaw, causing his head to snap back.

"How's that?" I asked sarcastically as I looked to the dragon that was below me.

Shenron recovered and looked at me angrily. To my confusion, he then began to charge up some sort of electrical attack between his antlers. I then heard a rumble above me, so I looked up and tried to spot whatever he was doing.

I was about to give up on that lead and look back to Shenron, but I managed to catch a glimpse of a purple light above me. I looked to it and my heart froze as I realized a lightning blot was coming straight from me. Time seemed to slow down, allowing me to react by diving out of the way, only just narrowly avoiding the attack.

The lightning blot hit the Lookout's floor and shattered many tiles. I lowered myself back to the ground and looked back up to Shenron.

"P-Please... stop me." he said in a voice that sounded... pained.

I was dumbstruck for a second, but shook off the feeling and began to concentrate my energy. There was no way I was going to be able to do this in my current form.

"AAAHHHHH!!!" I yelled as I leaned over and began to transform, causing my aura to change from its erratic white colour to an aura that was gold and had embers coming out of it. (Ultimate/Mystic Gohan aura to SSj4 Aura is you cold not guess)

I detonated a portion of my Ki as I completed my transformation, causing smoke to cover the area.

"I can still fight!!!" I shouted as the smoke cleared, revealing me with green eyes, spiky gold hair that pointed up and much larger muscles than what I had before. I had transformed into a Super Saiyan.

Shenron reared his head back and charged at me at speeds that most would not be able to keep up with, but with my power level, I managed to jump to the side and allowed Shenron to fly past. He was not even close with that attack.

I sensed Shenron Fly under the lookout. He was going to fly back to where he started, so I charged up a large Ki blast to full power. I released it just as his head came up over the edge, resulting in a direct hit.

Shenron shook off the shock of my attack and reared his head up before doing that attack with the lightning bolt again, Remembering this, I began to flip all over the surface of the lookout.

Shenron shot a total of four lightning bolts, but I had avoided them all. Straight after the fourth bolt hit the floor, I began to volley Ki blasts at him as fast as I could, resulting in me causing much damage to his entire face as I could.

He reared back for another charge attack. I saw this and quickly charged up another large Ki blast. As Shenron shot forwards, I released my attack and dived out of the way. My Ki blast went right inside his mouth and exploded, causing Shenron to stop his attack and wail in pain.

As he was recovering, I slowly flew up the his eye level again, proud of my superior power that was giving my the upper hand.

Shenron looked at me for a moment before charging me again, but this time in an attempt to eat me! But unfortunatly for him, I shot to the left outside of his mouth and flew behind his head. I turned and looked at him before firing of a volley of Ki blasts at the back of his head, causing him to shout out in pain as the made contact with him.

At that moment, I sensed something to my left. I looked and saw that Shenron was going to try and hit me with his tail, but I managed to catch it and force it down to the ground before flipping up higher into the air and looking down with an idea.

I flared my Ki and shot down as fast as I could, driving my right boot into Shenrons Back and squishing it between my boot and the lookout's floor.

I smirked triumphantly, but that smile faded as I sensed Shenron's head behind me.

As I was turning around, Shenron charged up his energy beam and fired it at me with much more power in it than he had before.

I threw my arms up over my face and prepared myself as best as I could for the attack that was about to land.

The entire beam engulfed my body as I tried to feebly defend against it. My arms felt like the were exploding over and over in front of me, but I held my guard as best as I could.

Eventually, the pain ceased and the smoke cleared, leaving me there floating while panting. My outfit had been damaged badly, and I felt as if my energy had been slashed.

I dropped my guard, not being able to feel my arms properly any more and looked up to Shenron as I tried to catch my breath.

"WAAAUGH!!!" Shenron roared loudly as he reared his head up. I watched as he charged up his attack again, but also flooding it with all of his power, causing it to from what looked like a pink energy ball to what looked like the sun.

'No! I have come to far to just fail!' I shouted in my head, finding a new found strength that I did not know that I had.

"I'm not done yet!!!" I shouted out as I charged up my Ki to my new limit, causing my aura to go wild and end up flaring out over the edges of the lookout by about 100 metres.

Shenron condensed his attack back into his mouth and held it there for a moment firing it in my direction.

'If I fail this, the earth will be destroyed, and Omega will have won!' I shouted in my head as I got into a ready position. I then looked into the direction of Shenron and witnessed the bright light of his attack coming at me before charging forward as fast and as hard as I could.


"AHH!" I shouted just before I collided with the beam. We then found ourselves in a struggle. Shenron was trying to force more power into his attack of overcome m, while I was trying to resist.

'NO!!! IT WILL NOT END HERE!!!' I shouted in me head before giving another burst of strength and blasting through his attack, causing a huge explosion that probably would have made the planet unstable it it hit the earth.

"Watch this!" I shouted out to Shenron as I flew at him with speeds that he could not keep up with while charging an energy ball of my own in my right hand.

I flew at Shenron and shot into his mouth before stopping at what I presumed was the middle of his body and charging the energy ball even more so it covered my entire body. I then released all of my energy into that one attack, causing a Bright light to emit from my from before exploding and blinding the whole world below.

I fell unconscious from exhaustion soon after.
__________

I awoke some time later, finding myself back on the floor of the lookout, confused as to how I had managed to get there.

I looked up and saw Shenron emerge from a bright white light. I tensed a bit, thinking I had failed, but after a moment of nothing happening, I realized I could no longer sense the evil that was once emitting from him, causing me to breathe out a sigh of relief.

"It looks like he's back to normal." I said to myself as I relaxed my body, but remained as a super saiyan.

"My gratitude young one. I will grant your wish." he said. I smiled as I realized that I should now be able to finally save the earth.

I clenched my fists and brought them up to my sides before speaking. "Make the world... Like it was before!" I called out, feeling a tingle in my spine.

A moment passed before Shenron spoke again. "... Forgive me. I cannot grant that wish." I felt as if I just had a fist go through my stomach when he said that.

"Wh-Why!? You granted Omega Shenron's wish that caused all of this, right? Then I'm sure you can undo it, can't you?" I asked in complete shock.

"The power controlling the chaos has been affected by Omega Shenron's negative energy... It has far exceeded the power of Kami, my creator." Shenron informed me.

"That... That can't be. The dragon Ball's were our last hope!" I said as I felt a wave of defeat pass over me.

I was then hit with a thought.

"Darn it! That's what Omega Shenron's Last words meant." I said as I closed my eyes and tried to tell myself that it wasn't true, But all I could hear in my head was "This is far from over! It's way too late for you to save your pitiful world!" before hearing Omega Shenron laugh himself to death.

'I should have taken that more seriously! I should have known!' I shouted at myself in my head.

"No... I'll show him." I told myself. I told myself I would not fail and that still applies.

"Ultimate Shenron! Can you bring back all the people who were killed in this chaos!?" I asked, hopeing that this would work.

"Of course. That is a simple request. But remember, the earth will remain unchanged." he informed, but I didn't care. I had a plan.

"Don't worry about that. If I cant fix things with the Dragon Ball's... I'll fix it with my own hands!" I said as I clenched my fists and brought them to my sides again.

"Hmm... I see." Shenron said before emitting a bright flash."Your wish has been granted ... Farewell!!!"

Ultimate Shenron than began to glow white before losing the shape of his form back into the Dragon Ball's before they shot up into the sky and split off into 7 different direction, scattering around the earth again.

"Ok, let's go!" I shouted before jumping off the ground and flying away from the lookout, my aura engulfing me once again.
__________

I flew for about an hour or so, progressively getting slower and slower as I did.

I may have won my battle against the Ultimate Shenron and even brought humanity back, but I was still feeling drained. I needed to rest before I could continue to destroy Omega's negative energy.

I flew down to the ground and landed in a small forest on an island, collapsing to one knee and reverting back to my normal form as I landed. I took a moment to catch my breath before pulling out my capsule case and pulling out the capsule house.

With a 'POOF' a small dome shaped house stood before me. I got up and proceeded to walk inside, making a 'B' line for the fridge. I took out what I thought was enough, which most likely have been enough for others to tell me was enough to feel an entire city.

After eating, I went for a bath to clean myself up and get a change of clothes before finally retreating to the bed that lay inside the room and collapsing upon it. I let out a content sigh as I went over the days events in my head.

My mind began to slowly drift into a peaceful sleep, a smile on my face.

*BOOM*

I leaped up in shock from the sound on an explosion that was just outside. The ground shook violently, but I managed to hold my footing before running outside.

I began to look around in a hurry, but I didn't need to as I felt an energy that made me tremble.

'What!? No, it can't be!' I shouted in my head as I looked in the direction that I felt the energy come from. What I saw made my eyes widen and my jaw drop.

'Omega Shenron.'

He was hovering above the island that I was on, and to say the least, he looked furious.

"You annoying nescience. It seems I told you, it's way too late to save your world." he said.

I charged my Ki and transformed into a super saiyan. I then looked up to him with a serious expression before charging him as fast as I could.

But as I reached him, he mearly moved to the side like it was nothing before kneeing me in the stomach, causing me to cough up blood and then slamming me on the back of the head with both of his fists, sending me to the ground with a loud crash.

I shakily pushed myself up off the ground. I still had not recovered from my fight with Ultimate Shenron. This was not good.

Omega calmly landed on the ground in front of me. I pushed myself to my feet and tried to punch him, but he caught my fist with his and just held it there, smirking as he did.

"It's too bad, you were so close, but you failed. And now, you will die with the earth you love so much." he said before quickly letting my fist go and kicking me up into the air.

He followed me but warped mid flight. I righted myself and tied to sense him out, but as just as I found his energy, he flew past me, hitting me as he did, again and again. I tried to recover, but I then felt a large foot fly into my chest at high speed, winding me completely. I saw Omega Shenron was the one who had kicked me in the stomach, who then warped away faster than I could see.

I straightened myself up and tried to find him again, but then there was a 'whoosh' behind me. Before I could even turn all the way around, Omega hit me again, sending me flying into the ground with a loud crash.

When my eyesight cleared, I found myself lying on my back in a crater, back in my normal form and completely unable to move as I struggled for air, Omega was above me, looking down at me.

He huddled himself for a second before exposing hiss chest to the sky. Six beams glowed out of his chest, before they all expanded outwards and formed a large energy ball in the middle.

"This is the End!!!" he shouted before grabbing the ball and forcing it in my direction.

I knew what this was. This attack was his 'Minus energy ball', and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I watched as the energy ball slowly made it's way down to me, almost seemingly as if it was taunting me as it did.

I closed my eyes and waited for the inevitable. The world was about to end and there was nothing I could do about it. I felt a single tear leave my eye as I realized the horrible truth.

I had failed.

I felt my body turn cold. That feeling soon vanished, leaving me with nothing. I had died.

Or so I thought.

~~~~~
(Elsewhere, in another plane of existence. But many many years ago.)

"Mother, why is it that I am so different?"

"What do you mean my little colt?"

"I mean, why is it that everypony looks at me strangely? All I want it to be normal, but I can help but feel out of place."

"That is because you are my son. I think it the everypony is looking at you strangely because you have both wings and a horn, that is not a common trait."

"Yes but, how is it that my magic is far beyond that of any other pony? It scares me to think what might happen if I loose control."

"Listen to me my son. The power that you feel within you is a trait that you inherited from your father. He was able to not only control it, but harness it for the good of all those who desire the right to live in peace. Your father was also different, not just magically, but physically as well. You have nothing to be ashamed about."

"What was he like? Dad?"

"Well, once he put his pride aside, he became one of the most kind and caring beings that I have known. He was willing to sacrifice himself for everything he loved. Which surprises me to say because not many of his race shared his ideals."

"D-do you think that I could be a hero like him one day?"

"To me, you already are my little colt. You already are."
~~~~~

(Perspective: Celestia. Present time.)

I opened my eyes from my memory of oh so long ago, feeling my eyes begin to slightly water before I composed myself again and got back to what I was doing beforehoof.

I sat upon my throne, looking out over the empty throne room that lay before me. Aside from my royal guards that were posted in here and acted like statues, I could not help but feel like something was missing.

But I could not let that show, just in case.

I closed me eyes and let out a deep silent sight through my nostrils. Today had been rather slow, but thing were always like that these days. Even with my little sister back, she slept through the day, making me feel somewhat alone.

I opened my eyes again and continued to stare into the empty room before me. I just felt as if I needed more excitement in my life like I used to have back many years ago.

I was about to stand up, but as I did, I felt some sort of discharge of a great and terrible energy. The shock of the magical force alone caused my horn to spark wildly before returning to normal as if nothing had happened. I quickly scried the area where I felt the energy, but only found a smaller fading one....

...That seemed too familiar.

"Princess, are you alright?" I opened my eyes and found my guards all looking at me, concerned expressions upon their face for they had witnessed the anomaly. I opened my mouth to respond, but Luna teleported into the throne room with a worried look upon her face also.

"Sister? Did you feel it?" she asked as she came up to my side and sat beside me. 'No, it couldn't be him.' I tried to tell myself. I knew better than to hope in the impossible. "Tia, what is is?" Luna asked, obviously concerned with my reaction to these events.

"Guards!" I snapped, causing most of the ones inside of the throne room to snap to attention. "We must hurry! I want some of you to go and prepare the royal emergency room while my sister and I handle this anomaly! We shall return soon! I ordered before galloping out of the throne room.

"Tia!? What is happening!?" Luna shouted as she tried to keep up.

"It's him Lulu, I just know it to be true!"

"Who? Who would have the audacity to cause a tremor of that magnitude in the magical balance?"

"That power is gone Lulu, but somepony else I would just love to say greeting to has returned after many years." I explained.

"Yes, but who is it?"

"Its him Luna. I think that my little colt has come back home."