• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 2,618 Views, 73 Comments

Dragon Ball Z: Equestria's forgotten hero. - BAR0SS



Orion, a saian who wind up in Equestria get put through a hard time as the ponies try and change him for what they believe is the better.

  • ...
10
 73
 2,618

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"I don't suppose you could train me?" Day asked in a shy voice.

"UGH! I had to say it didn't I!?!" I groaned out loudly before rubbing my face with a hoof. "Why, why would you wan't me to teach you?"

"Uh, duh. What you did yesterday was amazing beyond all belief. We guards are trained to be able to take down any sort of criminal. But you made us all look like a bunch of useless cowards." she said.

"So thats it. You only want more power because you learnt that it was possible for you to get it?" I asked. She smiled to me and nodded. "In that case... No."

I watched her smile falter as she lost her composure, a look of plea coming to her face.

"Wah? Why the hay not!?!" she demanded.

"Simple. The kind of power that you are asking for, its... well lets just say that without a purpose, it can consume you and you can loose who you really are. In other words, those who do not use it for good, tend to turn bad." I explained.

"So, your saying it could corrupt me?" she asked.

"Pretty much. See, I was able to keep control of myself because I was required to when I needed to save Earth. I had a purpose, a reason to have it. I needed it to save the lives of those I cared about... Even though I still failed." I said as I trailed off at the last part while looking down in defeat.

Day Star saw my saddened posture and flew over to me. "Hey now. I'm sure you did everything you could have." she said reassuringly, but I just turned away and began to fly back to the castle.

'Yeah, I tried, but I still failed.' I thought to myself dejectedly.

"I SAID NO!!!"

I was snapped out of my emotional state when I heard the shout coming from the streets below.

"Miss Rarity, please. I was wrong to treat you as I did that night of the Gala, I see that now. But if you would only give me but one chance, I could prove that I have changed."

I looked down below and saw a crowd surrounding two ponies, both of which were unicorns. The mare had a white coat and a brilliant indigo mane that was well styled. The stallion also had a white coat, but his mane and tail were of light amber in colour. He also seemed to be wearing the collar of a suit.

"What do you say my love, will you give a stallion another chance?" asked the stallion as he took one of the mares forehooves and gave it a peck.

"For the one millionth time! NO!!! You sir, had your chance, but you showed me your true colours that night and I shall never forgive you for what you did!" the mare yelled in the stallions face as she ripped her hoof from his grasp before turning around and beginning to walk away.

"Miss Rarity, No! I have spent many nights thinking about how I could win you back, and I am not about to just let you go." he said as he ran in front of the mare and tried to block her.

Next thing I know, I saw the stallion mash his lips upon the mares desperately as he held her close. I could see the mare was wide eyed and trying to get free, but not doing so well.

I folded my wings back up against my sides and dropped out of the sky, but just before I hit the ground, I flared my Ki enough to make the landing painless.

I slammed into the ground hard, cracking the stone path beneath me just a few metres away from the arguing couple.

"Hey, the mare doesn't want to be near you. So perhaps you should just leave her alone." I warned in a calm tone of voice.

The stallion ripped his lips off the mares and looked to me with and angry glare. His glare changed into a look of unamusement as he let the mare go and turned to face me properly.

"I'm sorry good sir, but did you just say something to me? Are you even aware of who I am?" he asked.

"Uh, no... Am I supposed to?" I countered. The stallion look offended for a second before he placed a hoof over his heart.

"I sir, am Prince Blueblood. The nephew of Princess Celestia." he said proudly as I just raised an eyebrow. The way he spoke was beginning to annoy me already.

'Oh great, if he is the nephew of Celestia, that means that he is... UGH, my cousin.' I groaned in my head.
"So if you would please leave, I would much appreciate it." he said.

"Yeah, but what about her?" I asked as I gestured to the mare in question who Blueblood was forcing himself upon.

"That is none of your business." Blueblood said in offended tone again.

"But are you even aware of where you are? You are having an argument in the middle of a crowded street in broad daylight, that makes it everyon... ponies business." I said in a 'Duh' sort of tone.

"Sir, who are you to question me?" he asked with anger beginning to seep into his tone.

"Well, now that you ask, My name is Solaris, son of..." I began, but was cut off when Day Star quickly flew down and jammed my mouth shut with her hooves.

"He's just a trainer for the royal guard, he's nopony in particular." she said in a hurried sort of tone.

I wiggled my muzzle from her grip and was about to protest, but she looked to me and gave me a stare that said 'I will explain later'.

"Uh... yeah... I train in special combat." I lied.

"Special? What kind of special?" Blueblood asked.

"Special as in so painful and so cruel that only a few could survive it. But the results are astonishing in ways you could not even imagine. Day Star here is my first and only trainee because I know that only she can survive it."

I was making it up as I went along. Anyone who had the determination and commitment could do it, but he didn't need to know that. However, I kind of wished that I had picked a better story. The moment I said it, Day Star's face lit up in excitement.

"So, you work for the royal guard. Well in that case, could you please escort myself and my friend here back to the castle." Blueblood said gesturing to the mare.

"Um no. See, I'm on my day off, so I'm going to be going now. But before I leave, I have one final thing I must do." I said as I walked past Blueblood and up to the mare. "Ma'am, will you be ok with him?"

"Absolutely not. I will be returning to my friends now... alone!" she snapped as she glared at Blueblood. "But thank you for your concern. If I could ask for one thing good sir, could you please tell that ruffian behind you to leave me alone?" she asked and I smiled.

"I have a better idea Ma'am. If you could please, place your hoof on my shoulder." I said, she looked hesitant, but did so before I looked over to my companion. "You as well Day Star."

Day Star jumped at the mention of her name before trotting up and copying the other mare. When I felt both hooves on my shoulders, I brought a forehoof up to my head and concentrated my Ki. Within the next second, the three of us vanished from the street and appeared in front of Princess Celestia, A.K.A. Into the throne room.

Celestia actually jumped at my sudden appearance, but as I looked back to the mare and Day Star, they both wore expressions of confusion.

"There you go ma'am, I have brought you to the castle like you wanted." I said to the mare as I gave a bow.

"Oh, hello miss Rarity. How are you today?" Celestia asked the mare.

"Your highness!?! I-I, uh... I'm fine. I just mentioned to this nice stallion that I was heading to the castle and he teleported us here." she explained before turning to me. "Thank you so much my friend. You have save me a journey."

"Think nothing of it ma'am." I said with a smile.

"If I may be excused now, I should go find my friends." Rarity excused.

"Yes, Twilight is in the library if you want her, and I am sure that miss Rainbow Dash is out with the Wonderbolt's for this evening. As for the rest of your friends, I am unaware of their locations." Celestia said.

"Thank you your highness." Rarity said before giving a bow then leaving the throne room.After Rarity left the room I turned to Celestia and saw that she was smiling to me.

"So my son, do you wish to explain what you were doing with one of my students friends?" she asked in a coy tone, but her attempt at embarrassing me failed.

"Oh, quite simply mother dearest, she was being harassed by your apparent nephew. So one such as I thought that it might be nice for the mare to have a saviour from that ruffian." I explained in an upper class voice before dropping my sarcasm like a rock for just within the atmosphere. "Seriously though, the idiot was literary forcing himself on her in public."

Celestia's smile dropped into a frown. "I am sorry Solaris. Blueblood is a bit... needy."

"Needy? Seriously he seemed offended at everything I did. Speaking of which, why did Day Star force my mouth shut right before I mentioned that I was your son? I thought you wanted me to be, or was that just a lie and you intend to keep me to yourself?" I demanded.

"No no no, I told the truth. You are my son. But I have not mentioned you to anypony yet for your safety. Only the ponies within the grounds of this castle know of your existence because I was planing on revealing you on the night of the Gala." Celestia explained.

"Ok, but what do you mean safety?" I asked.

"Some, like my nephew, will most likely not take to your return as a good thing." she said with a hint of guilt in her voice. I understood where she came from, I was basically a nobody who had gained royalty without any popularity.

"Ok, then how about this, how is that stuck up knob-end your nephew?" I asked.

"He's not really my nephew directly, not like from the next generation over or anything. You see, he is the great great many times removed decedent somewhere on my mothers side."

I just rolled my eyes. Of course a being like him would do anything they could to gain fame.

"So, Solaris... When can we start training?"

I let out a sigh as I heard that. Day Star had taken what I said seriously and was wanting to get started.

"Star, look. I lied to that guy. So..." I trailed off as she basically came right up in front of me, her nose touching mine with impossibly wide eyes and a wide smile. "Ugh, fine. But if you start to get power greedy, I will stop you." I warned.

"Oh Thank you thank you thank you!" Star cheered before wrapping me in a super tight bare-hug and spinning me around. Before she could get too enthusiastic, I warped out of her grasp and back in front of Celestia.

"Well, that was an over reaction, but she will end up either hating me or quitting." I said, looking back to the confused Star. She looked to me and opened and closed her mouth repeatedly before finally getting some words out.

"H-How did you just do that?" she asked.

"Speed Star, I used Speed. You may not have noticed it, but I raised my power so fast and simply slipped from your hold before dropping my power again. I would have done that while the guards were holding me that night, but you were somehow able to keep my power down." I explained before turning to Celestia. "Just what exactly did they all do anyway?"

"Myself, my prised student and Captain Shining Armour devised a spell that we based off a particular spell that is used to keep magic levels suppressed and we altered it to Ki levels instead." Celestia explained.

'Hmm, but if the pony part of my brain knows anything at all about magic, it would be that a spell like that would require a direct line of sight and at least a second of charging to kick into effect.' I thought to myself.

I was already pondering a way around the spell. The saiyan part of my brain knew that I would be a most effective fighter with less weaknesses.

'Ha ha! I got it. If I manage to increase my speed to the point where they can't keep sight of me, I will have my loophole around it.' I thought, a smile coming to my face.

"Oh well. Anyway, I think I should give Star here a trial practice session before she chooses to train under me." I said, but Celestia frowned.

"Ok Solaris, but make sure you don't kill her or anything. I know what kind of things power like that can do." she said.

"Wait a sec. Before I go, I have to know. How do you even know about Ki? Where did you learn about it?" I asked.

"I learnt a few things from your father, one of which was how to sense Ki. I remember back in the day, he taught me to become so powerful, I actually became scared of myself. So I let that power fade away" she said.

"Just how strong did you get?" I heard Star ask as she came up beside me.

"I know I became very powerful, but Solaris's father had a little device that sat over his left eye that measured power levels." I blinked in surprise as I heard Celestia say that.

'Wait, that sounds like a scouter. Just who the hell was he and how did he get a scouter!?!' I shouted in my head.

"Ok, one more question. Who was my father?" I asked but Celestia smiled weakly.

"We can talk about that later tonight, I promise." she said. I felt as if I had just struck a nerve on her. Her expression seemed to turn dark at the memory of my father.

I felt something as I looked at her, something deep within my heart. I let my curious side take over and felt myself begin to walk over to Celestia. I had to admit, I was surprised when I walked right up to her and ended up sticking my nose into her neck affectionately. I had no idea why I felt like I should, but it just felt right.

Celestia smiled and wrapped her forelegs around me and drew me into a hug, but this time I didn't resist against her or even just let her do it. I actually wrapped my hooves around her and returned the gesture.

"Its going to be ok mom. Everything will be fine." I said before my eyes widened in confusion. 'Where the hell did that come from!?!' I shouted in my head.

"Hmm, you are slipping into your old self my son. Our connection is trying to open itself again." Celestia said.

"Does that mean the pain I felt from the first time will soon come back?" I asked in a voice that sounded too childish to be my own. I sounded like myself, but I also sounded like a worried little child.

"I'm sorry, but yes."

"B-but I don't want to feel any pain mommy. Please, don't let me hurt." I begged as I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Solaris, the only way I will be able to stop the pain from coming is if I open our connection. Are you sure that you are ready?" Mommy asked. I looked up to her and nodded rapidly, a smile adorning my face as I did.

Celestia smiled warmly before lighting her horn, a golden magical stream slowly making its way over to my horn. I felt my horn tingle for a second before a warm feeling spread through my body. But that was until I felt a jolt of pain like the first time she tried to open the connection.

I flinched, but mommy just held me tighter and assured me that it was ok, that I would be fine if I just relaxed, so I did everything I could to relax.

'Thats it my little sunshine. Mommy will make everything ok.' mommy said, only it didn't come from her mouth. I heard it in my head. I couldn't help but smile to myself as my eyes began to feel heavy. I was falling asleep, but I felt safe in mommy's hold.

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh as one las thought came to my mind before I drifted off to sleep.

'I love my mommy.'

~~~~~

(Perspective: Day Star)

I watched in awe at the sight in front of me. Solaris for some strange reason just started to talk like a little foal who was afraid of the dark, but seemed happy when the Princess did that thing between their horns.

'That must have been Celestia opening the connection.' I thought to myself as I watched Solaris close his eyes. I soon heard soft snores coming from him and the Princess's horn began to loose its glow and the golden stream between the two also faded.

"There you go my son, the connection is open." Celestia said as she stroked a hoof over his cheek lovingly. "I am sorry Lieutenant Day Star, but if you wish for my son to train you, you will have to wait until tomorrow." she said

"Oh, ok. But will he still be... himself?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, he will still be that stallion you know. He still has all of his memories, its just the older ones he doesn't remember will come back over time. But I must ask, why does it matter to you?" she asked. I flinched at her question before I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

"I-I, uh... I was just curious." I lied.

The Princess didn't need to know the truth about how I felt about him. I felt that if I told her, she would forbid me to see him again or something, so I just kept it to myself. However, a smile formed on Celestia's face, the kind of knowing smile she always gave to her subjects when she understood.


"Well miss Day Star, you better be ready. If you intend to learn how to use Ki, you have to be really committed. Even I almost quit my training when I was learning it. It is really demanding." she warned. I felt my ears and wings droop when she said that.

'Oh sweet Faust! Even the great and powerful Celestia could hardly stand it!?! What have I gotten myself into?' I though worriedly.

"But do not worry Day Star. If you do complete the training, I will need to talk to you about something. But anyway, I am going to take my son to bed now, so we shal have to speak later." Celestia said.

I nodded and bowed to the princess before making my way out of the throne room. I needed to think to myself about what I was getting into.

Author's Note:

So, the connetion has been made. Tell me what you think. I personally think that this chapter could have bee better but oh well. Also, Dont forget to vote on who Solaris should end up with on my latest blog.

Anyway, until next time. I am going back to work on my offline story named 'A Flare of Hope' for about a day of two. Cya.